What the fuck is going on with the Eisner Awards? Look at the last 6 winners. LOOK AT IT!!!

What the fuck is going on with the Eisner Awards? Look at the last 6 winners. LOOK AT IT!!!

Attached: eisner.png (504x154, 14K)

politics

What? Is this one of those "some award show picked something I don't like so I'm going to make 70 post about it before the thread is archived" things again?

Based Image proving time and time again that cape shit is trash

>the state of this post

Attached: ep+158.jpg.jpg (853x480, 29K)

Eisner's are(were) a pretty big deal for comics, and soap opera shit like Saga winning 4 of the last 6 years is nothing short of bullshit... or it would be, but the Eisner's have been less reputable than the fucking Oscars for awhile now.

Honestly, Monstress winning once I find more egregious than Saga winning four times. Monstress feels like a fucking webcomic. Unless it was the only comic released that year I don't fucking understand

Not sure what the problem is meant to be.

Eisners are still worthwhile for the minor and technical awards.

If you only pay attention to the Best Series and Best Writer awards then (You) are the pleb.

All the awards have merit, but it's clear Best Continuing Series is the Men's 100m of the Eisners.

It's mostly politics, but lets face it, even without the politics we'd either have bad comics winning it still or manga making the American industry into their bitch

>or manga making the American industry into their bitch
huh?

>Eisner's are(were) a pretty big deal for comics
No award shows are big deals. Stop being upset people like things you don't like
>Eisner's have been less reputable than the fucking Oscars
If we're talking about reputation Oscars is a pretty high bar, considering it's the most popular award show there is. But again, liking things you don't like isn't a reason to complain

>Oscars is a pretty high bar

Attached: 1423358507871.png (989x1022, 1.31M)

>Oscars is a pretty high bar

Attached: sure it is.jpg (840x840, 90K)

I read the first few issues of Saga. It was okay, nothing special. Am I missing something here?

Keep reading

This...thing won the Hugo Award for Best Novelists three years in a row. The Hugo is pretty much the biggest award you can receive for a sci-fi or fantasy work. Here is the opening of her first winning novel:

>Hmm. No. I’m telling this wrong.

>After all, a person is herself, and others. Relationships chisel the final shape of one’s being. I am me, and you. Damaya was herself and the family that rejected her and the people of the Fulcrum who chiseled her to a fine point. Syenite was Alabaster and Innon and the people of poor lost Allia and Meov. Now you are Tirimo and the ash-strewn road’s walkers and your dead children . . . and also the living one who remains. Whom you will get back.

>That’s not a spoiler. You are Essun, after all. You know this already. Don’t you?

Her politics are "let's literally just kill white people."

Attached: images (62).jpg (554x554, 40K)

Which one is it? No awards are a big deal or the Oscars are a big deal?

You're not. It's not even the best indie scifi of 2012 (that was Prophet btw).

A lot of people mistakenly think Saga is a good comic. Don't blame the Eisners for trying to stay relevant.

Are you suggesting that Saga is capeshit?

So?

It’s just another weeb who found his way to Yea Forums
Ignore it

I'm just noting how awesome it is that the jugular of the West might finally be in slicing distance.

It looks more like you're triggered that someone you don't agree with and whose material I'm going to assume you haven't read won an award.

I suggest nothing. I'm stating that while DC and Marvel shit out superhero comics, Image publishes many genre.

I didn't say Oscars are a big deal, reread the post.

Nobody really cares about Eisners outside the US and US comic book community is very tiny in comparison to Europe or Asia.

Looks to me that judges don't really bother actually reading comics so they just pick the most familiar to them. Kinda like how the Oscars animation awards are always a shitshow because the judges just dont give a shit about animation.

>It looks more like....

Then you need glasses, beautiful nog.

>seriously calling a person a thing
>quoting the very beginning of any work and expecting it to magically justify your opinion
Nah, you're a worthless sack of shit and should gas yourself immediately.

Southern Bastards is pretty good and Monstress is alright.

>it's popular so it's bad
Yea Forums is contrarian and usually right

Vaughn is a high prestige writer with a large and dedicated fanbase. Staples art is widely liked. Saga has amassed a sizable amount of praise outside of people who read capeshit or obscure indie stuff.
There's no mystery here, just something being widely liked everywhere but Yea Forums.

alright, lets see if Yea Forums can do any better. What is the best comic last year? My vote is pic related

Attached: infidel-1-of-5_7966d0ccdb.jpg (585x900, 258K)

First volume of Southern Bastards was excellent though. Aaron's best work by far.
This was excellent, didn't get a lot of traction here though.

Yea Forums would need to actually read comics to do something like that.

we used to arrange our own awards threads, dunno why we no longer have them

I am kind of interested in the book now, thank you

A bunch of faggots voted Forever Evil as a graphic novel better than Hellboy in Hell. We should never have awards again after that shit.

The most egregious one is that Erica Henderson has won multiple Eisners.

Without context it’s intriguing? Nothing super good but nothing bad either, what’s that supposed to prove?

>Erica Henderson
the most embarrassing thing is Yea Forums's hatred of her. I bet all the faggots here haven't even read Assassin Nation yet

Attached: Assassin Nation #1 (2019) - Page 3.jpg (1987x3056, 531K)

>Chad Fingerman
>David Bowie Knife
>Rumble Deathpatch
>Fuck Tarkington
These are some 10/10 names, I need more of this

Man, how shit must 16 and 18 have been for Saga to lose?

don't forget
>Desert Regal

I haven't read Infidel yet.
The best comic I read in 2018 would have been The Seeds if it was finished, but it was delayed out the ass, so instead I vote for Black Hammer

>The Seeds
yeah that would have been my pick too, but holy fuck there isn't even a release date for issue 3 yet! It's 4 fucking issues! what the fuck is their problem?

David Aja draws one panel per day

Even if that were true it should be out now, even if you calculate the entire thing by 9 panel grid.

Shit you're right. That's hilarious

I'm sure it sucks and she's a terrible artist so why the fuck would I want to look at, much less read, it? My life is actively worse for knowing it even exists.

The absolute state of SF.

Dont listen to these faggots, that intro is terrible, but Yea Forumstumblr will defend anything if it enforces their shitty beliefs

No kidding!

She’s a terrible artist, but I will admit she’s got serious meme power.

>She’s a terrible artist
the absolute state of Yea Forums

Imagine caring about awards, you know that the winners are decided by "people" right?
And people have shit taste, and almost exclusively like things that conform to their beliefs.

it's an awful intro

>get told to read SAGA
>get told its amazing and awesome
>get told its won tons of awards
>actually start reading it

Attached: Saga forfucksakes.jpg (1194x698, 153K)

>comic was boring bullshit from the beginning
>user is so infected with /pol/ bullshit he zeroes in on the tranny from two hundred volumes in

These people are literally insane. I no longer feel bad about what's coming?

Bendis won two Eisners for Best Writer past decade.

and? Bendis has written great stuff, Alias and Daredevil were great and deserve awards

This character was created to piss is off. In a world like saga there's no reason for some troon to be droning about her sexual identity

Exactly. SJWs are schizo nutjobs who want to push this shit down everyone's throats.

His Daredevil was just trying to crib on the movie and aping Miller, really.

(((Eisner))) Awards

If you're going to post on Yea Forums then you should probably start reading comic books.

Here's a download link which includes some Will Eisner.

Attached: 1446407365373.jpg (1946x1660, 781K)

>pretentious indiefag: a sampler

It's better to be pretentious than to not know who Will Eisner is.

Didn't he write a story where a 10 year old girl tricks a pedophile into trying to molest her, and the girl is portrayed as evil and the pedo is portrayed sympathetically? It's in A Contract with God. He was definitely a pedophile and an incel. So I don't think anyone should be talking about him or trying to glorify him, it's pretty cringey and problematic. Can we get this issue trending on twitter or something? I think the award needs to be renamed.

>You must gooblefarble the Donseq with Gamella and Treson using Arcane Whisper before Wulfdod can. What say you, hearty traveler, Saturn Eucalyptus?
I mean, yeah, it's a sloppy opening, but that doesn't mean the rest of the book is irredeemable shit.

It is, though. Try reading 100 pages and get back to me.

Sure, let me just clear my backlog first. I'll let you know how it is in ten years time.

It's quite simple. Japan actually has a comics industry. One publisher puts out more titles and volumes than the top three US ones combined. Becuase of this you have a wider selection of comics put out, which increases the chance of good stuff being published as it's actually reliant on business and not nepotism; these publishers have to have their stuff sell, unlike Marvel and DC which are just IP holding companies.

Yes, killing people because of their skin colour is something that I generally disagree with. Also that's not what triggering means. I know your sort are humiliated by trying to use it to control behaviour and having it thrown back in your face but even back at the height of its use, it didn't mean 'I don't like/I object to this.'

Who has she killed?

Such as sci-fi, fantasy and... ????

She wants whites to be killed and their property taken.

Source?

>has meme power
>just watched the Space Mutiny episode of MST3K a bunch and decide to copy it
>the surefire way to get Redditors and other comedy brainlets to think you're a genius

Horror, Mystery, Crime, Thriller, Slice-of-Life...

Yes, you read me correctly, even Slice-of-Life (pic related).

Attached: Minimum Wage.jpg (384x591, 160K)

>I don't think anyone should be talking about him or trying to glorify him, it's pretty cringey and problematic. Can we get this issue trending on twitter or something? I think the award needs to be renamed.

I know you're joking but it really has been tried

Attached: CgNSudeUIAAYqYf.jpg (600x402, 38K)

Gideon Falls, The Green Lantern, Punisher: The Platoon, Immortal Hulk.

also

You forgot comedy.
Minimum wage is too good.

you post this a lot, and I have a rec for the science category. The Dialogues is written by a physicist, and drawn He learned to be a cartoonist on sabbatical so I forgive the very stiff art, and it's a bunch of conversations in the spirit of Platonic dialogues about various topics but mostly physics.

Attached: the dialogues.jpg (803x1000, 225K)

>Ewing
>good

Nope.

You must be one of the people from /pol/ who got triggered by a single out of context page.

I'll just be over here enjoying a 10/10 book because Joe is back.