Fuck you Mike

Fuck you Mike.

Attached: Untitled.png (775x744, 695K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vulture.com/2019/04/mike-mignola-hellboy-neil-marshall.html?fbclid=IwAR1rFQD2YeyV1Q9z1RnQr5fzXxwd9z_F9m3RLH00QZ-N0hwWoYG2MKUjmAE
blu-ray.com/movies/Hellboy-Animated-4K-Blu-ray/231701/#Review
youtube.com/watch?v=eYp03BCJ5B4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

vulture.com/2019/04/mike-mignola-hellboy-neil-marshall.html?fbclid=IwAR1rFQD2YeyV1Q9z1RnQr5fzXxwd9z_F9m3RLH00QZ-N0hwWoYG2MKUjmAE

The damage control is staggering.

Jeeeesus, they sure turned this around lickety-spit. This just makes the whole affair even more embarrassing

So is Mike going through his '00s Frank Miller phase?

>went from shilling the movie to backtracking

>Well, I never … I mean, I never really had much of a conversation with Neil. I only met him once or twice, I guess, before filming began. That’s an entirely different planet from the relationship I had with del Toro, ‘cause del Toro and I had been talking literally for years before he made the film. I was a huge fan of Neil’s work, especially The Descent, which is still one of my all-time favorite horror films. There were a lot of discussions about Neil and how Neil would be great for this. But no real conversations with Neil about what to do. It was kinda like, “Oh, you’re Neil Marshall; you’re here to do what you do, so you don’t need any help from me!”
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I would have been fine if he kept pushing for the movie
I was ready to defend all of the detractors because apparently he wrote this, but come on

I was actually considering going broke watching this movie, but I can wait until its cheaper

>Baba Yaga scenes were written by Mike
How were those?

Bear in mind talking shit about adaptations pre release is usually is a big faux pa

>Two-faced prick shit talks GDT's films and praises how good and accurate the new Neil movie will be
>Claims to be in constant contact
>Claims to have written the fucking script

>Says this shit when it crashes and burns.

Fuck you Mike Mignola you fucking hack.

>this level of backtracking

HAHAHAHAHA HACK

Yes, but PRAISING the fucking thing, then later going "well uh no actually uh" is another.

If I wasn't a lazy shit, I'd try to pull examples, but hey. I agree whole heartedly that any shittalk toward the previous projects was untoward and shitty of him

Imagine falling THIS HARD, I hope his fucking hips are fine or at least he's got his Life Alert, the fucking little shit.

This is pathetic.

It's funny too since he had nice things to say about those films for years afterwards and was quite good friends with GDT. Then suddenly he does a complete 180 publicly when GDT was phased out.

>ITT: MEGACOPE

Fuck-off shills.

Attached: STAHP-PLAYIN.png (527x592, 530K)

So basically GDT made Hellboy what it is, made the definition version of him, and basically made the creator look like a fraud.

>Have you read the reviews of the movie?
>I have not.

>You have not.
>I’m aware of the reviews, but I have decided not to read the reviews. I’m anxious to hear what the fans think of the film. I certainly want the fans to be happy. But, no, I’m gonna stay away from the reviews.

Fuck off Yea Forums retard, none of us are even defending him you blind cunt

Where do you retards get your shit?

never thought it would take this long for Yea Forums to hate mignola

>blaming one poster's spamming on Yea Forums

I suspect you are that guy

Well thats what happens when you act like a shithead, ruin your books, ruin your movies, ruin your reputaiton, lie, and stab your collaborators in the back multiple times in the span of about a year.

Is this real? This is such a 180 I almost think this is parody.

Fuck off. Each and every thread you fuckers come in here and ask for sources and when people post them you just ignore them and keep asking the same question every thread. Literally check the archive for the previous HB threads.

>used to say he had every right to defend something that got him money in any case
>now this happen

Yeah, fuck him.

You fuck off ya twisted cunt. No source has ever been posted. Just unrelated things taken out of context.

A lot of the ideas post-Hellboy movie 1 in the comics came from conversations with Del Toro.

This is all public knowledge that has been accuumulated over the years between dozens of interviews and articles, all of which have been posted over the past few days assuredly.

Go to the archives or some shit.

If there hasn't been any shittalk, I'll give him a pass. Saying "it's more accurate" isn't necessarily shittalk, just a way to appeal to parts of the fanbase

No, it fucking hasn't.

Fuck him, he was the reason hellboy 3 didnt happen

Yes it has.

Because he kinda lied to shill the movie.

>mentions that he gave the reboot his "blessing"
>film flops critically
>We find out that he barely had any involvement and didn't even greenlight it

>>We find out that he barely had any involvement and didn't even greenlight it

We've always known he has no real final say in the films. How new are you? How old are you?

Seriously, fuck-off back to PLEBBIT, you absolute onions.

Attached: okay-this-is-woke.jpg (721x721, 28K)

Mike was fucking going on about how he was in constant contact with the director and actors and WROTE THE FUCKING SCRIPT TO THE MOVIE before it came out, retard.

You have to be 18 years or older to browse here.

He's always talked about talking with Harbour, that's about it. He talked about doing a smaller scale script that wasn't used. That has never changed

>Mignola has grown into so much of a hack that even his own fans have started doubling down and turning into literal shills for him to save face
It's a fucking atrocity what happened to Hellboy.

Between this and the sloppily rushed TDYUK sudden ending to BPRD and chronological Hellverse stories...

it's been a hard 2019

I'd bet all my (you)s you're the one autistic retard who's spamming the board with MIGNOLA IS A HACK threads and that spergular infograph you spent hours making.

I'm not defending the guy in any way, I think the film looks shit too, but I have no idea what you're trying to achieve here. There is no company war to be had, especially when Mignola isn't even a household name to begin with

>No Hellboy 3
>Comics completely shit the bed and fucking ruined everything
>Mike Mignola turned out to be a giant hack shithead
>Likely to never get another Hellboy adaptation because of how bad this shitheap is going to bomb

>post yfw Hellboys only respectful sendoff was as a fucking guest fighter in a DC game

Attached: 1450293004352.jpg (1189x569, 217K)

>>I'm not defending the guy in any way, I think the film looks shit too, but I have no idea what you're trying to achieve here. There is no company war to be had, especially when Mignola isn't even a household name to begin with
PEOPLE ARE MAD ABOUT THE FRANCHISE GOING TO SHIT, RETARD.

ITS NOT ABOUT COMPANY WARS, ITS ABOUT HOW SOMETHING THAT WAS GOOD IS NOW SHIT.

Mignola is Liefeld for pretentious assholes

you'd you lose all your (you)s idiot,

We're mourning the loss of the one undisputed good Yea Forums icons

People are mostly lying about the details.

Yeah, DYK is lackluster, yeah it could use between 5 to 25 issues of fleshing out, but they're just lying about the behind the scenes.

Not only am I not your personal boogeyman you cockmuncher, this isn't about companywars. This is about Mignola literally managing to completely, unsalvageably trash his entire decades-long magnum opus in little under a fucking year.

>post yfw Hellboys only respectful sendoff was as a fucking guest fighter in a DC game

Which Ron Perlman was fucking barred from voicing to avoid "detracting" from the new movie, too.

Do you have anything else in your life? You're obsessive in a very disturbing way.

>Lying
Oh?

How so?

Despite the near critical consensus let's give him the benefit of the doubt and say movies are subjective and the movie could work for some people. Fine. What's not up for debate is he's has been deliberately misleading fans if not telling outright lies about this project. "I b-barely k-know the g-guy." Blow it out your ass, Mike.

>le epic nihilist says you're not allowed to care about anything

its fucking stupid we get 3 Hellboy movies and multiple animated features before Madman gets an adaption

He never claimed to know him so.... okay?

>literally playing the part of Mignola shills
Literal proof has been posted in every fucking thread for this. Literal proof is in the VERY FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD. And yet you've managed to ignore it all and descend right into outright delusion and insanity.

I'm fucking shocked at how quickly fans of Mignola went from being one of the better parts of Yea Forums, to being one of its greatest cancers.

Retard I own Comics Buyers Guide 1070. I'm just not a frothing maniac.

>Mike Allred has been wanting a movie of Madman for years
>Literally got a movie role before his own fucking character did.

What a fucking weird situation to be in.

Speaking of, is he doing any new Madman stuff soon?

I still want him to sign my library edition though....

Proof of what? What are you even talking about?

>
I'm fucking shocked at how quickly fans of Mignola went from being one of the better parts of Yea Forums, to being one of its greatest cancers.

Boy howdy that's... that's something.

Did someone say kino?

Attached: Hellboy-animated-features-600x746.jpg (600x746, 66K)

Nope, just the X-Force revival with Milligan

The point is you dont get to dictate how other people feel about things you raging narcissist.

For some people, this hurts more than others, because they really really liked Hellboy and it completely shit the bed.

>can't even actually use the board functions correctly
>yet has the audacity to assume that everyone rightfully calling out Mignola is some kind of mysterious boogeyman
Drink bleach, Mike.

You people are fucking salty.

How does this hold up in 4k? Is it worth it?

it's literally Yea Forums posters trying too start a meme hive-mind, they tried the exact same shit as soon as the rt scores started coming in.

In-depth review here.

blu-ray.com/movies/Hellboy-Animated-4K-Blu-ray/231701/#Review

lol. Calm down you poor lost child. This is sad. I don't give a fuck about your feelings, you're acting nuts.

Yes I made a typo, how horrible.

>a beloved Yea Forums franchise has completely shit itself and completely fucking irrevocably ruined itself and fucked up its 25 years in the making ending, alongside a fucking awful movie that the creator of the character completely lied and misled his fanbase about in order to shill it
>expecting people not to complain

I was a major fucking fan of Hellboy. Majorly participated in the Chronological storytimes, spent ridiculous amounts of time story and theorycraftong, discussed elements like Ereshkgal and how they might be implemented into later stories, etc.

Now I realize that I literally wasted so much time in my life over all this.

You know thats a lie.

Yeah this is really weird. Bunch of people who clearly don't know the material or situations acting frothing nuts.

Look I'll always love Hellboy, and what Mike made. Don't really give a shit about any of the movies, or what he said just really. Real question, if Mike always thought the movie was going to suck, and spoke what was on his mind, could the studio have sued him for hurting weekend sales?

Mike, please stop. This is only going to embarrass you more.

That was you? Jesus Christ man, we all thought you were nuts. You were making up shit not on the page.

Attached: depressed-man-sitting-in-empty-room-of-repossessed-house-F8NC9C.jpg (1300x956, 114K)

Possibly. Even if not, he'd pretty much be blackballed for what'd be seen as poor conduct

Of course I expect it, people complain about everything. Im just saying as an outsider looking in who doesnt give one fuck about Mignola, Del Toro or Hellboy, the huge amount of furious salty resentment is kinda hilarious.

Shit gets personal lol

Sony wanted to sue Bill Murray for not wanting to be in their reboot. Studios are nuts.

bitch please not even two days ago we had 4+ threads with the exact same meme pics get spammed on the cata, fuck yourself.
seriously how do people not see this shit of crying shill and calling everyone who doesn't agree with an attempt at a hive-mind the author and think it's anything other than fucking cross boarding meme tards frothing at the mouth.

Not whoever you're sperging about, but thank you for proving my point. Enjoy gargling Mike's rancid cummies if that's what you like, though.

thats the bullshit that gets under my skin. say you want to give the fans what they want, and then blatantly don't to promote your shitheep.

Attached: 1523832043195.jpg (640x480, 37K)

Probably, but he didnt do that, he did the exact opposite. He gave it his public approval, he kept saying it'd be accurate to the source material and do a better job than the Del Toro movies at being a Hellboy movie, he kept going on and on and on and on, which he never did with the old ones.

And then this happened.

Yea Forums tourists have had the run of the board since capeshit opened the gates to them, they're just desperately looking for something to get their panties in a twist about. If the film had an 'SJW agenda' you can bet it'd be all about.

Instead, they're pretending to have been decades-long fans who've been betrayed by the existence of a shitty Hollywood adaptation

Watch them call me a shill now

Attached: 1519910769222.png (185x233, 38K)

yes, he's announcing a new miniseries in the Madman world within the next two months

Check this out: It seems to be one near stalker fan who thought he was Mignola's cowriter.

I think what really happened is that the studio either payed or begged him to help sell this shitheap, he agreed, and then realized it was a stupid idea.

0.0000000001 Mignola sheckleroonies have been deposited in your accounts.

Attached: 376.jpg (366x380, 27K)

>Some people WILL like it
>Some have DECIDED they'll hate it

>March 19th

Fuck you MIke. You knew, you fucking knew this was going to happen, and you lied anyway you slimey shit.

Attached: 9f1729861e0b87826698e3e10ced7f37.png (599x757, 445K)

I got him to sign some stuff over the years. A copy of Wake the Devil #1 and last NYCC the Timeline and movie poster with most of the cast.

Attached: wake.jpg (914x1406, 430K)

Abso-fucking-lutely.
I'm not an avid reader of the Hellboy comics so I can't criticize that but people need to realize that studies will put a fucking gun in your head if you don't shill their shit with a smile.

proving my point know your meme retard.

Is the new movie any good? I literally just found out it was released thanks to a poster near my home.

>literally asspatting yourself whilst shitting on people already dissatisfied with the work you're dicksucking
This kind of bullshit is exactly why we'll see all Mignolafags, no matter who they are, get treated like fucking garbage in the coming weeks. Fuck off.

You know even Stephen King tends to dislike the more well regarded adaptations of his work for the changes, then loves hated trash like Dark Tower?

You posted a shitty Wojak meme yourself. You have no point to stand on, faggot.

Could we potentially get a DmC/DMC5 scenario out of this with a Del Toro Hellboy 3 (since he's hot property now thanks to the Shape of Water) if the reboot flops or has that bridge been burned?

This movie changed almost as much if not more than the Del Toro ones though.

So yeah this is probably what happened. Yea Forums wants to force a new Geoff Johns hate circlejerk or something, I don't know
It's shit. It's surface level understanding of Hellboy, 6 different comic plots mashed together, and a quipfest

Reviews are pretty bad. A few comic accurate scenes, but overall a mess.

bitch what possible ground do you have too stand on in assuming i'm a wojack faggot.

Ron Perlman has already passed the point of being able to do the required physical work for Hellboy 3 and by the time that would come around, he'd be in his mid-late 70s.

Dark Tower took a character who had racism as a character flaw and made him black. Creators get hung up on weird details.

>r has that bridge been burned?
Almost assuredly given Mike apparently gave GDT the cold shoulder and started low-key shit talking his films to promote this one.

I hope Yea Forums spends this much energy shitting on Todd McFarlane when Spawn finally comes out. That fucking hack fraud deserves it.

No. There's a high likelihood that nobody will even want to touch the IP for a while after this, if ever. DMC suffered overall less damage from that reboot than the near-literal sabotage Mignola engaged in upon literally every level of his own work.

Simmer down. Your story ideas were always silly as hell.

Aren't much for reading the room are you?

It's a big fucking mess. It watchable sure but kinda ridiculous on any level that constitutes a good movie.

When isn't Todd getting shat on though?

How many hack frauds does the comic industry have

>Almost assuredly given Mike apparently gave GDT the cold shoulder and started low-key shit talking his films to promote this one.

Like, what the fuck is this? That never happened.

Todd is making it himself though. Inherently theres a difference there just by its very nature.

We live in a world in which Todd McFarlane has more dignity and integrity than Mike Mignola and recognized the only way to do his character right was to script and direct the movie himself while also playing into the elements utilized by the fan favorite adaptation (the HBO shows dark horror tone).

What the FUCK happened.

Nah Yea Forums loves Spawn type shit again I think

Literally not the guy you're going full autismo over. But please keep providing direct evidence that Mignolfags are genuinely retarded for next week's threads.

>constantly going on about how GDT "felt the need to change everything" despite him and GDT fucking hashing out those changes face to face and Mike being directly involved with those films and some of those elements being backported, and how the new movie will "do Hellboy justice" as if the old ones didnt.
Naw thats a shitty, shitty thing to do.

Todd has no integrity and keeps trying to push 90s era ideas that don't work. His drive to push out another Spawn movie isn't integrity, but pure stubbornness to stay relevant
Fuck off Todd. You're the only reason Spawn threads exist

Nobody knows because they haven't seen it. Neil Marshal has yet to make a movie I didn't like so I'm checking it out

Read the fuking thread for the sweet love of god. There's proof in this very thread, and in your desperation to save Mignola's ass from getting reamed, you're utterly ignoring it. Is it any surprise that people are comparing you to actual bonafide shills?

Friend, the ideas were dumb. You spent years reading too much into the comics and you look silly for it. Move on.

>>Todd has no integrity and keeps trying to push 90s era ideas that don't work. His drive to push out another Spawn movie isn't integrity, but pure stubbornness to stay relevant
I dunno, doing the movie himself seems like it takes some integrity.

He could've just pulled a Mignola and given it to a studio but he wrote the script and is currently set to direct it, it'll start filming late this year i think.

This.
Mike said straight out that Del Toro wasn't interested in 3. GDT has confirmed this. He said he was disappointed with one aspect of Hellboy 2 and that was it otherwise

Not really. He never said Del Toro made a bad film. He said he changed things, and he fucking did.

>He could've just pulled a Mignola and given it to a studio
You mean like the first time?

Do you have an actual case of illiteracy? Yes or no, no dodging.

Attached: 1549784950127.jpg (1000x1000, 70K)

Thats why Del Toro and Perlman repeatedly tried to get a third one made?

Because he "Wasnt interested in it" Thats why Del Toro repeatedly tried to make the third one happen? Thats why he had people fucking developing the third one at one point and theres production art that exists of it? Thats why the second movie ends on a cliffhanger? Because he DIDNT want to do it?

Are you retarded?

I've only seen people can't read and connect more dots than you need to find Pepe Silva,

>Fuck off Todd. You're the only reason Spawn threads exist
It was a joke about the fickle nature of Yea Forums, my spergy friend. Todd can suck dick

Which was 22 years ago. In the age of reboots and relaunches and remakes, he could have just done that again, first movie made a decent profit from what i understand, but he's doing it himself this time.

Del Toro only wanted to do 3 his way with his budget. The studio wasn't giving it. Thst's not in Mignola's hands.

Don't try to reason with the Mignola shills. Ever since it got proven that Mignola is a fucking hack of a level rivaling Andrew Hussie, they've slipped into maximum overdrive to try and save face.

GDT wasn't interested in the script that Mike and Golden wrote, so when he left so did Ron and Marshal came in, so they opted to do a full reboot.

THAT IS NOT THE FUCKING SAME SHIT AS "HE DIDNT WANT TO DO IT"

>Mike said straight out that Del Toro wasn't interested in 3. GDT has confirmed this

THAT IS WHAT YOU JUST FUCKING SAID.

HIM NOT WANTING TO DO IT UNDERBUDGET IS NOT THE FUCKING SAME AS HIM NOT WANTING TO DO A THIRD MOVIE.

fuck off back too your hell hole Yea Forumstard.

Mignola and Golden wrote a script for a lower budget film Del Toro didn't want to produce.

Why do you keep accusing people highly critical of Mignola as being from Yea Forums?

That doesnt make any sense, user.

Castrate yourself first, Mike.

You do realize that Todd McFarlane is autistically possessive over Spawn, right? He refuses to grow as a writer, and reluctant to share his creation/hear outside ideas. So I remain skeptical about his integrity regarding the project, because from my perspective Todd is just being his usual stubborn self

>You do realize that Todd McFarlane is autistically possessive over Spawn, right?
Im not sure how thats supposed to be a bad thing.

I didn't say that.

Nice caps lock bro.

low iq meme retards contribute nothing and destroy everything simple as.

Supposedly there were studio issues, not with Mignola himself. GDT no longer wanted to do it. Ofc they got some pre-production done with how long any actual news took to come out. They needed something to pitch

Damn sorry for assuming the guy replying to me was the same guy i just replied to seconds beforehand.

>"I would've loved to see Guillermo do his third movie and finish that story. But over the years it became very clear that wasn't going to happen. About three years ago the producers, the screenwriter Andrew Cosby, and I all started working on this new story. Del Toro didn't want to have anything to do with it, he wasn't going to direct. He was offered to be a producer, and Ron [Perlman] wouldn't do it without Guillermo, So we originally started trying to tie it to the del Toro universe and continue those movies. But once we had Neil Marshall, we thought, 'Why are we going to try and continue that universe?"

Are you actually having a stroke?

>I was actually considering going broke watching this movie

what

how'd it fuck up the ending?

Read The Devil You Know. Or better yet - don't.

Devil You know is frankly rushed. A few plotlines needed better fleshing out and resolution before the big end.

The situation isn't as dire as the one retard in this thread would have you believe, but it is disappointing.

Devil You Know. Barely two issues in, and pretty much everyone is dead and the world is ending. Almost immediately after Johan sacrificed everything to give thrm all a little more time, literally invalidating his sacrifice and that of everyone else prior.

>The situation isn't as dire as the one retard in this thread
Several people are telling you to stop sucking cock and smell the roses. It's not one, and it's certainly not two. In fact, it's probably most of the people in this thread who arent you.

I thought the series ended when Hellboy went to hell and wandered around a bit to meet God?

This shit aside, we were always told it would end like this.

Surprise, they brought him back, and its utterly pointless and undermines that ending entirely!

Calm down. You're not a writer on this, no matter what your storytime larping lead you to believe.

No, that was never the end. Grey even said he had more to do.

Im not that user but your responses are severely confusing and i think you might have brain problems.

all I know is that Hellboy dies in it. Is that the only reason it's so bad?

I'm the user that does the Chronological Mignolaverse storytimes and while I'm not thrilled with the ending of The Devil You Know, it isn't as awful as everyone is making it out to be and is nowhere near the worst of the series. I just think everyone is really over reacting. I'm still going to be doing it next year, it's still one of the absolute best series in comics and it's brought a lot of joy to Yea Forums over the years even if it didn't stick the landing.

Not the core Hellboy title, it's in the final arc of BPRD and the end of the Mignolaverse

What's he talking about someone give me the tl;dr?

Yes, but we all expected it to end in a way that made sense for all the buildup they had been doing for years upon years. The DYK literally shits the bed so hard that the feces have melted through the framework to fall and bubble on the floor.

He dies in the Storm and the Fury. Wanders hell in Hellboy in Hell. returns to Earth in BPRD The Devil You Know.

>Now I realize that I literally wasted so much time in my life over all this.

tbf you'd be still wasting it if it were the other way around

No.

Yes.

kek

I'd say mignolia is a bigger hack than hussie

I'm so lost. Why is everyone mad at Mike? He didn't write the movie or have anything to do with how bad it was.

i liked the movie. what did people have a beef with?

He shilled it and lied about his involvement with it, and also singlehandedly fucked the comics up.

How did he fuck up the comics? Because of this movie?

fuck capeshit

He got more directly involved with ending the series and it immediately started shitting the bed.

People are making up shit. It's really weird.

People are unhappy with the ending because it feels rushed, and it does, but they are over reacting to how bad it is.

He probably is. Because say what you will about Hussie, at least his ending to his work felt properly climatic up until the very last stretch. Nor did he fuck over every single one of his co-creators right before that homestretch.

No. He actively worked to disregard the contributions of several of his co-writers and artists, and even purposefully burnt bridges with them. All of this in under a year.

Hellboy isnt capeshit, how many times do we have to go over this.

By ending it how he foreshadowed and doing away with the nsry sues on the bprd he didn't make

cope

But you're objectively factually wrong.

Hellboy isnt capeshit.

Will you ever actually read these threads through? Probably not, but there's always misplaced hope for vegetables.

I started reading Lobster Johnson because he looks cool I've never read a mignola book before and everyone in this thread sounds autistic.

keep coping, buddy

>i literally dont know why people are mad but i'll call them autists anyway

Everyone in this thread is autistic except me.

How is it cope

It's threads like these that make me glad autism isn't contagious, because that one whiny bitch screaming shill at everyone would be the epicenter of an autism plague

Please keep crying more about how Mignola isn't Christ reborn. It only makes me harder.

I did read the thread, I really believe people are over reacting. Just because something ended subpar doesn't make the decades of enjoyment it brought us all any less significant.

Attached: tumblr_p4elgvBy7G1s26u9bo1_1280.png (1244x600, 281K)

You're making shit up again.

Arcudi said he would leave when he did years ago.

Davis left for Hollywood.

A lot of people didn't like the DBZ powercreep as it distanced the characters from their more grounded personas. They all became too inhuman to relate to and increased the scope of the story too broadly to reign in. Then he just up slaughters every character he can to justify the importance of the end of the world narrative. It used to be these cozy mini series of self contained short stories about haunted houses, vampires, demons, witches and fairies. Now all those things are inconsequential.

>I know you don’t have the film rights, but I guess I figured you would have an informal veto if you didn’t want a movie to get made.
>I mean, I could’ve said, “I don’t want you to do it.” It doesn’t mean they necessarily would’ve listened to me. Thank God we never had to have that conversation. The best I can do with something like that is say, “I don’t wanna be involved.”

It kind of does when the entire series is pointed towards that ending and it just fucking shits iself, which completely undermines everything related to said ending.

Which is like.

The entire series.

How did the comics end? Did anyone live the whole through?

Liz

I think like 90% of all the characters who have ever been in Hellboy are dead now.

Including Hellboy.

Again.

I don't see it that way, it's still a great series.

Attached: ABE!.png (540x810, 186K)

It's not even over yet. We have one more issue this week.

On top of that, for the first time ever Mignola is teasing stories happening after the big ending. God knows what that means.

God, is it just Liz and Phoenix? Am I remembering that right? I mean of the main cast of characters a bunch of regular people found a way to survive.

Nothing we're getting invalidates what we were lead to believe we would get. It's just frankly a bit rushed.

I was just starting to really like exorcist girl.

Yeah but its tarnished now.

I could go back and read Seed of Destruction again and they'l talk about destiny and Hellboys role and all that shit and i'll just end up thinking "all of this just ends in a big loud messy bed-ruining shit"

Yeah, Ashley was great. A lot of people think she was a Mary Sue but she is one of the great just background character that rises to being an MC
I guess I'm just not that pessimistic.

Attached: ashley's lez liz lust.png (493x1187, 1.13M)

Don't tell me he killed Strode too.

Attached: The-Exorcist-1-905x525.jpg (905x525, 82K)

Spawn movie was great, Spawn show was great, Spawn comics are still great
Spawn > Hellboy
Todd could beat up Mike too

Yes

Yeah. I put this on Mignola. I mean he let the side stories series go so much longer than the main series, of course people start to look at it as the main work. And when he takes it back to do the big wrap up, he rather hurriedly (Along with Allie, who's always had some pacing problems with his writing.) clears a lot of the newer characters on deck. A longer cycle to develop and wrap up various cast members and plot threads would give the "big three" going out on one last world shattering mission much more room to breathe.

I think it's just the kind of problem Mignola has as a creator. He's pessimistic and wants things done. He got tired of his own art so he stopped doing it. He lost faith in his own writing so he didn't do nearly as much anymore. He wanted to do the big wrap up so he rushed it.

This. I want to know more.

>not following Arcudi's twitter
>spouting bullshit that this is what he wanted
Fuck off.

Arcudi said he would leave at the end of Hell on Earth before it started. He did.

Wait, I kinda missed it in the shitstorm that is Devil you know; Ashley died?

And yet Abe still goes out like a bitch.

Abe's been getting his ass handed to him since Seed of Destruction.

You're obsessed with posts online he's passionate about something he liked

Yes but I actually think she had one of the better endings out of the recent deaths. She put her damn foot down on the lax demon policies of the BPRD.

Attached: B.P.R.D. - The Devil You Know 007-017.jpg (1988x3056, 3.18M)

>says the salty faggot subliminally responding on Yea Forums
That's a yikes from me dawg

Yeah, not like it is all over twitter.
Or Arcudi stating he does not want to talk about it due to legal reasons. Meanwhile, his characters are still being published.

Mignola is a grade A scumbag, and should die in a fire.

Attached: asd.png (672x375, 25K)

Attached: 020.jpg (1073x1650, 1.59M)

Todd gets shit on by Yea Forums a lot already (see his hypocrisy and lawsuits). He has nowhere to go but up.

We literally have no clue what the situation is and he still writes Lobster Johnson.

What we do know is that the people that made Hellboy awesome are seeing jack shit of a profit from the movie, even though their characters are being used. I wonder who had a say in that, based on the information in this thread.

Mignola made Hellboy awesome. Arcudi invented one character in the film. Logically his name shows be in the credits for that, yes, but we have no idea what his contract said.

>>Two-faced prick shit talks GDT's films
Still haven't seen any quotes

>Spawn comics are still great
You were doing ok until that, try not to be so obvious next time.

if you must have at least one source, at almost every chance he gets in the introductions/afterwords of the library edition Mignola talks about how GDT Hellboy wasn't his vision and missed the point a bit. it isn't outright shittalking but he does at the very least say that comic Hellboy and movie Hellboy are very different stories

It's exactly that. One fucking autist spamming threads on multiple boards with the same complaints and language. This dude is insane.

Davis also.
They carried Mignola through BPRD. Along with Duncan Fegredo.

>Arcudi talks about being fucked over by the movie execs
>Mignola hyping the movie with the characters made by people that were fucked over by the studio
>states he was on set
>states he saw that the scenes were all perfectly copied from the comic
>the whole thing comes off as it being better than GDT
>talks neutrally or negatively about his experience with the GDT movies
>admitted defeat and accept GDT was right though
>backtracks on this movie
>I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS
>a chapter in BPRD that should've been about 50 issues to clear shit up
>is 15

Conveniently right when Arcudi and Davies are pushed out of the profits from the rights. Comic finishes in the same month the movie comes out.

Mignola cashed in his check and left everything to burn.

Is that not true?

We've been through why so much of this is wrong. You're just insane.

We haven't, yet.

Exactly. That's the "shit talking" some idiots are claiming. It's pretty fair and objectively true.

I just realized why Arcudi probably isn't getting money or credit
When Mignola signed over the film rights, he was still doing it all solo. He probably signed a contract that said "Hellboy and all related characters". Something like that.

That ended up fucking over cocreators down the line.

So basically Hollywood lawyer shit.

>226 replies
>47 posters
Jeez, this lad is mad

>You're just insane
Ironic coming from the guy guzzling Mignola's cum like it's fucking pepsi.

Pepsi is disgusting you diseased filth.

you realize he legally could not say the movie was trash and had to say a bunch of bullshit about how involved he was with it

This guy thinks Mignola controls every thing the studio has ever done with the character.

I'm barely getting into the comics and I going through the Hellboy omnibuses currently. Is Hellboy in Hell the last of his series? Also, I see there's a sale on comixology. Is grabbing the Abe Sapien volumes a safe bet?

Mignola is even worse than DC/Marvel, they at least spare a few sheckles and put names in tiny fonts while people wait for a last scene

Good times

Attached: 5qC17IV.png (959x417, 651K)

>Logically his name shows be in the credits for that, yes, but we have no idea what his contract said.

It said: Work made for hire.

I don't see how this is an argument for him not being a scumbag.

After Conquerer Worm you should be reading BPRD Plague of Frogs. It lines up with the next batch of Hellboy.

Hellboy in Hell lines up with BPRD Hell on Earth. BPRD the Devil You Know is the last thing and it wraps it all up. Maybe.

Ane is okay. Past the first omni it's all Hell on Earth side stuff.

Dark Horse has the movie rights. DH is the one peddling them to Hollywood time and time again.

It's the end of the Hellboy series, yes.
Don't buy Abe Sapien, it's shit.

It depends on what you mean by series. Hellboy in Hell is the end of the Hellboy series but there are stories that take place after that, like Koschei the Deathless and then there's the BPRD series that have come out since then including stories that take place in the 50s and the Hell on Earth and Devil you Know series and the Abe series. As for the quality of the Abe series, it's not great and there are a bunch of characters you will hate but it's a good read.

what

I think in this case Mignola said he sold them himself.

They should've just let Del Toro and Perlman make Hellboy 3 dammit. Not even the normies wanted this tranwreck and the ones I know were disgusted when they saw the trailer for this movie and instinctively went "not muh"

You realize that he was praising and shilling the movie which is a completely different ballgame than just not mentioning his opinion at all publically to avoid said litigation? And only now, after it failed, is he doing a 180 and walking it back.

Walking back saying nothing? I get that. Walking it back after SHILLING it for over a year? Fuck off.

Nah, Hollywood kikes Lawrence Gordon and Lloyd Levin have the movie rights, that's why they keep making the movies. Levin railroaded Neil Marshall so much he gave up. Didn't help that he fell under the spell of the succubus Charlotte Kirk.

Attached: 1554965015595.jpg (750x830, 124K)

He's probably saying GDT HB is the definitive Hellboy for most people and even if Mignola hypes this Hellboy as being the genuine deal and more faithful to the comic, which is not the definitive version of the wider audience. People will call the creator a fraud for misleading them.

>Didn't help that he fell under the spell of the succubus Charlotte Kirk.

>Hellboy movie is BAD. How I can I blame a woman for this?

That's you. That's what you sound like.

The Del taco movies aren't even that great. The second one is completely useless.

Shut the fuck up you linatic.

First off, you've yet to provide any real evidence disproving any of whats been said and cited.

Second, whats a linatic.

he has no say on anything
the rights were sold thus the studio has complete control over the IP

I blamed the kike producers, autist.

>once again ignoring that Mike claimed to be in constant contact with the crew, partially penned the script, and was shilling the movie for over a year before walking it back after it flopped.

>I blamed the kike producers, autist.

Please observe global rule 3

>You will not post any of the following outside of Yea Forums: Trolls, flames, racism, off-topic replies, uncalled for catchphrases, macro image replies, indecipherable text (example: "lol u tk him 2da bar|?"), anthropomorphic ("furry") or grotesque ("guro") images, post number GETs ("dubs"), or loli/shota pornography.

>You will not post any of the following outside of Yea Forums: Trolls, flames, racism

What evidence? You're just lying and wrong.

You're new.

None of that happened.

He claimed to he in contact with Harbour.

He claimed he and Gilden wrote an unused script.

So, that excuses him? I just don't get the argument. I am not being deliberately obtuse.
That is entirely his fault and nobody else's. He put himself and his creation and his co-creators in that situation. He is fully to blame for what happened to Arcudi and Davies. He is to blame for putting himself in a situation where he, with a smiling face, advertises a movie with the idea of it being authentic with the comic book, later revealing he has no idea what was even going on with the movie. He had a responsibility to his fans to finish Hellboy properly, instead he got bored and axed it.
We are discontent with something we had followed and enjoyed through out the years as our hobby. I think it's fair to say our irritation is legitimate to a fine point.

Evidence has been posted in this thread and the dozen others over the past few days, retard.

The fucking OP and first post, for example.

Kill yourself you mental defective.

>You realize that he was praising and shilling the movie
yes just like he was ordered to do by contract in the last two movies....

or he could have spoke up been sued for 500m and lose complete control of hellboy and then end up sold to mavel/dc

>He is fully to blame for what happened to Arcudi and Davies

What happened?

Also: It's Guy DAVIS.

The OP doesn't contain any evidence of what you claim.

You are very stupid.

>>yes just like he was ordered to do by contract in the last two movies....
But he fucking didnt.

>>or he could have spoke up been sued for 500m and lose complete control of hellboy and then end up sold to mavel/dc
THATS NOT WHAT IM FUCKING SAYING RETARD HOLY SHIT.

HE COULD HAVE JUST NOT SAID ANYTHING INSTEAD OF BOLD FACED LYING TO HIS AUDIENCE.

How can one person be this entitled?

They're not getting any money from the film. They co invented Daimio. Insuspect the reason is Mignola sold the rights before they worked on the books. Otherwise they would have one great legal case.

They aren't the best but at this point I would have rather had Hellboy 3 than this shit.

Ideally I would like to have a Hellboy adaptation be a high budget show ala Game of Thrones but it's not gonna happen anytime soon. Much less with this huge bomb.

It's 4:33AM, give me a break with the Davis and Davies shit.
Yeah, I have no idea how Mignola can be this narcissistic.

He didn't lie. You can't read.

>You will not post any of the following outside of Yea Forums: Trolls, flames, racism
Does anyone even follow that rule anymore?

HE FUCKING DID.

youtube.com/watch?v=eYp03BCJ5B4
I will just leave this here.

I don't think we'll get a great Hellboy adaptation until they can just casually ch over an actor on a cheap budget.

Did the movie have any positive points? I know there's a least one fan that must've seen it by now.

No he didn't. Cursing and caps won't help your case young man.

Where in Europe are you, autist?

>6 months ago
>in constant contact with director and harbour
>i was on set
>i was a lot more involved with the script
>I became very involved with the script
>they were sticking so close to the comic
>i was in bulgaria for one scene

>today
>i wasnt involved with the movie, i was never on set, i was never in contact with the crew, i didnt do anything for the movie
>movie isnt accurate to anything at all

Slimey shithead.

Yeah, he never lies here, but I can see how a moron could read what they want into this.

Yes, he did.

Look at the video above your post just now and compare it to his recent statements. Or compare how he kept shilling as "true" and "accurate" and "a better interpretation" and "more faithful" to the comics than Del Toro when it very clearly is not.

See and compare his tone then to his tone now. Or don't. I don't really care about what retards do with their time.

>Insuspect the reason is Mignola sold the rights before they worked on the books.

Honestly, it was probably more likely that Mignola told Arcudi and Davis "It's all good. We won't screw you over." and didn't put language in regarding work for hire and creating new characters. Acrudi and Davis would have no reason to believe that Mignola or DH would ever screw them out of money because it's creator owned book -- except for the part where comics creators will aways screw other creators out of few thousand dollars. See: Kirkman's bullshit.

he shill'd the first two movies because thats how contracts work dude wasn't able to do what Alan Moore did with v/watchmen
>anymore

Creators arent contractually obligated to fucking lie about the movie.

Promote it, assuredly. LIE about it? Fucking no.

Mignola sold the rights before they were ever hired.

I can tell you just have a butt blasted vendetta. Your inability to see how easily the two statements reconcile is staggering or staged.

>creators can't get sued for slander for not promoting a movie
I assume you're new to Hollywood

the monkey will dance to whatever the unholy jewish contract states it do because hell hath no fury then an angry jew who did not get his way

Are you even reading what im writing you fucking idiot.

>i was on set multiple times, was heavily involved with the script, and was in contact with the film crew
vs
>i had nothing to do at all with the movie

Those are opposites.

Golly mister, does your mother know what you say on this family forum?

He's literally having a mental breakdown with his every post from what I've observed. I'm not sure he's even aware of whats going on at this point.

Those are not quotes either.

Okay, if he was heavily involved with the script, how did we get an evil Broom in the trailers? Broom is briming Red to be a weapon, based on the trailers.

Okay, please refer to my earlier post where i quoted the video, and then compare it to his quotes from just recently

>Almost immediately after Johan sacrificed everything to give thrm all a little more time, literally invalidating his sacrifice and that of everyone else prior.
that's how the real world works kiddo

I don't care. I care about you spamming boards with multiple threads like you have since Wednesday. You know that's against the rules too, right?

>writing

Ten years on this shithole website and I think this is the first time I've really seen a person have a breakdown in real time.

"Priming", sorry.

I'm convinced the people saying this are Marvel or DC shills, everytime someone says this and get called on it they never provide a fucking source

He wasn't heavily involved with the script. Just a bit.

And even in the trailer, that could just be Hellboy being a bit angsty, and not what Bruttenholm was doing.

I fucking hate it too though.

Not the same person. You are literally having an autistic breakdown on every single thread calling out Mignola on this, and it's reached the point that I've just mentally labelled you and all of oyur posts as a shill finally mentally snapping.

he said he wrote the draft some faggy guild writer writes the real script or else the movie cannot get made

Hollywood is fucking retarded

Those don't contradict each other.

He at one point had a script.

They didn't use it.

He had minimal input on the actual script.

>Projection: the post
Go to bed Mohammad

Johann litterally says "All life or a single life, if I delay death countless years or just one second. It's worth it". He knew what he was doing, that his sacrifice would probably be for nothing but even if he could give them a sliver of hope he had to do it. Without him no one would have made it to The Underground.

>this is exactly how I always imagined Hellboy would hold a gun
lol he's fucking with you, you're just mad you were too retarded to realize he had to play ball because you invested your life into a (admittedly god-tier) comic

user, there are like four threads on the catalog for this, counting this one. On each of the other three, someone screeching about "MUH SPAM" (probably you) is the very first post. It's not projection. It's just a basic analysis combined with deductive reasoning.

Hey man, thanks for giving my film all this free publicity! I spent so much time on that script, glad to see it's paid off. Wait til Arcudi sees the royalties, whew!

Attached: basedmignola.jpg (400x400, 26K)

To be fair, Mignola's statements regarding his involvement in the script shifts just enough to have people confused how much power he had over the whole thing.

I think Mignola fucked up by selling the rights. Did not consider the long running consequences, in this case Davis and Arcudi's stituation.

I think the script was 'd.
I think he went on set once, talked with Harbour and that's about it. That was all his involvement. He was a bit irresponsible with how he phrased things in interviews, but he did not lie about anything. I wish I could find the story where he talks about how he had a shit time working together with GDT to end that line of discussion as well. Can we agree on this shit?
Can we agree that Mignola is not at fault, nor did he fuck us over He was a bit ambivalent and irresponsible, that's about it.
But fuck him for whatever happened to TDYUK.

t. Serbian Ex Anti-Mignola Shill, after checking evidence

are you retarded?

>>Comics completely shit the bed and fucking ruined everything

Okay I've seen this every thread and I tradewait, can someone please tell me what the fuck has happened in the comics? I keep hearing it shits in Devil You Know?

You don't get to know more because a namefag asked the question initially
Them's the breaks

I know you're monitoring all of your threads Abdul, but this is the only one I'm in.

DYK is rushed and lackluster.

Not shit, but man it needed room to breathe.

This isn't /pol/. Fuck off if you want to post shitty bait after getting anally annihilated.

Abe's entire final fight is 3 panels, that's what made me realize how rushed this was. There was no build-up as to why he was there to begin with, there wasn't really a talk between him and Red. Nothing, it was like he was in a waiting room to die, his personality gone as it is.

He jumps in the water.
Gets out of the water.
Gets slapped, and gets his neck broken.
The end. That was Abe's appearance in the 14th, out of 15, issue.

Thanks for all your great contributions to the industry Mike! Wow, what guy.

>Davis and Arcudi's stituation.
Because this public knowledge was kept secret while they were conned into signing the contract, probably with guns to their head.

Its the most important thing, the end of the comics continuity, the finale, the ultimate conclusion that was built up over a quarter of a century.

And it shit the bed running. Killed off almost all the characters shittily (fucking Abe Sapien is snapped like a toothpick out of the blue in two panels and they just forget he exists after that)

The fucking Rasputin rematch has Hellboy turn giant, start wrestling, and then immediately ends it in a wimpy neck snap and then Hellboy just kind of bleeds out and dies or something. Its stupid.

What?
Timeline:
>Mignola signs off rights for movie bucks
>Years pass
>Arcudi and Davis make characters for him
>New movie
>Aww fuck, the old contract is still in effect

>I think Mignola fucked up by selling the rights
how so he sold them 90's two good movies came out in the 00's

I doubt he had much money back then and people sell rights all the time for movies and shit never gets made

Wait so the guy posting "MIGNOLA IS A HAAAAACK"

Is that fucking lunatic from the Mignolaverse threads who would NEVER SHUT UP about Ereshkigal?

Attached: JPEG_20190410_123419.png (283x189, 40K)

He did a talk where he said the movie rights are the only thing that kept him going for a while.

Don't forget Hellboy telling Liz, really out of character, he accepts his fate, the prophecy.
I meant from the perspective of Arcudi and Davis. It kinda fucked them over, him signing the contract. He couldn't have known in advance and all that jazz, but he could've been smarter about it.

Yes! Thank you. Somebody else who was there and saw the insanity first hand.

There's multiple people calling Mignola out, as has already been stated. Stop being a retard

Does anybody really care about ABe though

Really that's what so many comic to adaptation contracts boil down to. These people need to be smarter and future proof better.

Calm down autist.

Ever since being dragged to Hell and losing Alice he's been tired. We still have one more issue for a bit of a twist.

I think he just got a little too emotionally invested in the fiction I say this as the Chronological Mignolaverse storytime user

I do. I think we all do. But he's been shit in fights since the start.

>Is that fucking lunatic from the Mignolaverse threads who would NEVER SHUT UP about Ereshkigal?
I've been calling Mignola a hack and i have no idea who that is.

I wonder if ACK is a fan of hellboy the autism ITT reminds me show much of him even the grammar and punctuation is so familiar

Whoa, chill out Goran, don't genocide anybody.

I find it kekworthy you think anyone's falling for this. If you had even the slightest bit of self-awareness you'd realize your autism fueled tantrums permeate your every post like a personalized signature

Attached: 1467931490797.png (600x900, 537K)

>"multiple"
Yeah fucking right

I enjoyed everything regarding Abe, besides his own series. He was a character I really enjoyed. His unique story unfolding was awesome to see. I remember when Broom's hypnotizing thing was revealed, I was on the edge of my seat. It was really well done. It really sucked seeing him go out like that.

I am a great fan of Enos, and his death was perfect for who he was, and it was a chilling send off to a side character that had such a lovable personality. I was expecting something like that for Abe. Abrupt ending, sure, but make it emotionally memorable. Heart-wrenching and meaningful in the grand narrative.

Sup Mike

You know you can clearly see the amount of IPs in the thread right?

Theres about 60 people here and theres maybe 3 or 4 people who are defending Mike, the rest are shitting on him.

I'm not that user, by the way, before you say it.

>Goran
I'm the Serbian dude, not him. Relax.

Can't wait for the next Mignolaverse storytimes. It will be so wonderful to watch you shitters explode when they get get treated like genuine garbage by everyone who isn't (you).

t. Mike

kill yourself meme drone

Yeah, all the angry posts just happen to have the save writing style.

I liked the new movie. I just got back from the theater. I didn't like the old ones though, or much of del Toro's other work to be fair.

What.

First off, thats called syntaxing, and no they dont,, second:
>save
You a phoneposter?

I smell some airplane mode samefaggotry going on.

I can understand not being fond of his Hellboy films. I found the silly tone offputting at times. But no love for Pan's Labyrinth or Devil's Backbone at least?

You're a phoneposter? I guess that explains the multiple IPs you claimed.

greentext movie

Let me see

>MIGNOLA IS A HAAAACK HE SGHIT TALKED GDT!!!!

No, he never ever shit talked GTD, just said that they were different from the comics. He along with GTD tried to get the third movie done, but the studio didn't allowed, because of that he decided to reboot and asked GDT to direct it (GDT said that he was busy and had other interests), Pearlman said that he would only be back with GDT.

Because of that they hired new people.

>MIGNOLA IS A HAAAAAAACK BECAUSE COMIC WRITERS GOT NO MONEY WITH THE MOVIE

Mignola doesn't own the movie rights, he sold them on the 90s, way before those writers worked for him. Both GDT movies were done under the same contractual procedure. So once again, Mignola is not shitting on the creators, he literaly can't do anything about that legaly as the rights don't belong to him.

>MIGNOLA IS A HAAAAAAAAACK BECAUSE HE SAID THAT THE MOVIE WASN'T SHIT

He is literaly obligated by contract to not do that and give his support. Even Moore was victim of this with Watchmen, and some old actors of Ghostbusters had to be blackmailed with the potential of a lawsuit if they choose to not be or endorse the movies.

Also Ereshkigal lunatic admited to be doing these threads.

Did I got everything?

Attached: 1551548611864.jpg (750x583, 58K)

Sweet. I don't plan on ever seeing it myself until it hits re-run status on SyFy, but I'm glad you've found it worth the price of admission.

This

I respect them as works of art, but i'm not so big on them as movies.

Neck yourself Mike

I think this pretty much covers it, folks. Can we stop with the threads now?

Ereshkigal lunatic is the Gwenpool spammer?

This is probably the most autistic, blatant samefaggotry in this entire thread. And that's saying something.

Anyway, I believe that this entire thread has proven that every single Mignolafag is a cancerous autist on a level comparable to Barneyfag himself. There's really nothing of value to be gained in discussing with them.

Look guys, he created ANOTHER thread! It's only a COINCIDENCE it reads exactly the same way the past dozen did!

>Ghostbusters had to be blackmailed
god that shit was too funny

Watch the ereshkigal faggot ignore the post or offer no counter.

No? I'm using Windows.

Do you have a fucking brain problem, how are you so consistently misunderstanding simple sentences and statements.

Huh. They're two of my all time favorites.

To me they fall into a weird space of being Hellboy films that aren't. Films where the last frame can be Hellboy walking up and putting out a cigar as he gets to work. Those, Apostle, the Void, Witch, a few others give me that vibe. I like that kind of horror film I guess.

He didn't offer a counter, but he did accuse that poster of doing what he himself is doing.

Hope you realize pretty much everyone in that same thread told you to go fuck yourself and die.

You have LITERALLY become the very cancer infesting the board.

Ron Perlman is evebn more of a retard than Mignola nowadays.

Ereshi-kun go to bed you're tired.

>go into thread
>retard mignolaposter was immediately shit on for being a fucking idiot
>he still tries to pull this off in another thread
What did you hope to prove?

Looks like you're Lee Goldson 2.0

I haven't kept-up with the comics since like 2013. How did it all end? I don't care about spoilers.

Yeah, why would them joining in later suddenly unsell the movie rights? The rights weren't on the table when they joined on. Of course they're getting nothing, did you think they didn't know that? That they thought the rights would magically go back to mignola so he could include them on future contracts? Do you not understand how linear time and the transference of property works?

EXPOSED

Starting to think almost all of the pro-Mignola guys are the same guy samefagging en masse. All of the posts read *exactly* the same, right down to the letter. They've also all descended into the same level of ad hominem and character assassination against everyone who isn't them.

Strange to think that those who were once considered some of the best posters on the board have turned around and become some of its very worst.

We won't know for a week.

>no argument
>muh samefag despite the fact that you are the only samefag here

Seething.

Show where I'm wrong.

Attached: 1552966589650.gif (400x225, 1.1M)

Yeah just like how you just responded to your own post in support.

You know how for a quarter of a century the comics were building up to Ragnarok and Hellboys destiny in the apocalypse?

Yeah that shits the bed immediately, most of the characters die in just a few pages, and the final battle is like 5 of pages of "I AM STRONGERER DEN U" before Helboy wimpily neck snaps rasputin and they both die.

25 years of build up to a diaper shart.

Probably. He seems to have a severe cognitive learning disability.

You have issues.

He'll angrily insult you and double down, then respond to his own posts in support.

You are literally upset it ended how we were told it would end.

Kek, have fun sleeping all day loser

What?
That's what I am saying. I am pointing out, besides the obvious point, which is the only one you are capable of, apparently, is that Mignola could've been a bit more careful about it. Jesus fucking Christ.

Go back to damage controlling you fucking sellout

These really do sound like the same person.

Pretty much. We should probably take a screemshot and let people use the image for when the autist spam the board.

Please take your pills, Mike. You're very sick.

By golly fuck him up the ass with a 2l of coke. HOW FUCKING DARE HE NOT HAVE OVER 20 YEARS OF YOUR HINDSIGHT

That's obvious.

You're an idiot if you think thats the problem and not the fact that it was executed fucking atrociously.

t. Samefag

Attached: 3c666bb331d7979a75e5a536c1e7ae03.png (449x147, 6K)

Only two of those gave me (You)'s. But I don't expect someone like you to have the cognitive ability to actually understand anything that isn't you're delusional boogeyman.

Looks like you Mignola *cocksucking* shill was wrong once again. Only third post is mine.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-13-00-39-41-1.png (720x265, 42K)

>Starts with a black and white sequence where a crow picks an eye from a corpse
>King Arthur faces down the Blood Witch
>Splits her into pieces, locks them in boxes with Jesus enchants
>Hellboy is in Tijuana looking for Ruiz, who's become a Luchador Vampire.
>Hellboy impales him one one of the ringposts
>Ruiz tells him the end is near
>Hellboy gets called to England to help the Osiris Club kill three giants
>The Osiris Club's seer tells him that his dad was sent to kill him
>This is the sequence with the 3D glasses Nazi
>The Lobster shows up here too, he brands Rasputin with the Claw.
>Hellboy gets betrayed by the Osiris guys who nearly kill him.
>The giants show up and kill the Club's expedition before they kill Hellboy.
>Hellboy fights the Giants in a weakened state, and passes out just before being recovered by Alice
>Alice threatens to kill him
>Daimyo and the BPRD SWAT the building.

Not that guy, but there's a difference between getting glimpses of the future through visions, prophecies and just putting those panels together and like a toddler after smearing shit on a wall and yelling DONE!
We expected for the character's overarching narratives to make sense, to have a cathartic ending, to be treated with a bit more respect than just 3 panels. As I stated previously, take Enos as an example. Those images stay with you, that character's end stays with you, it has more meaning, it has impact throughout the rest of the story. This is just nothing. Currently, what we have is nothing. It means nothing. Nothing happens, nothing that previously happened matters, it just feels like someone wants to take out the trash quick and get back to watching TV.

You really need to go to sleep for a while friend.

See? He thinks he can use insults in place of arguments.

Why? Its only 8:42 here.

When signing contracts regarding your own creation, yes, you should be as careful as possible.
It is not the first time this shit happens, and Mignola is not a

dumbfuck. Alan Moore should've been smarter too.

Using proxies and mobile devices doesn't change your writing style.

>only the third is mine
>takes screemshot
>third comment don't has (you) as it should
>Obviously phoneposting or paint

>Y-you are samefaginng, not me!!

Attached: 1549106400283.jpg (960x495, 62K)

Kill- yourself- Meme- Drone

Im not using my phone and i dont have any proxies that work here.

You guys unironically sound like you're mentally ill.

Attached: 748ccbe70a839616a9f5f4dd86b8fbe8.png (461x198, 37K)

It's all just a bunch of retards pissing in a sea of piss of unsubstantiated rumors. Is it a troll looking for something new to spam the board with? An autist with a chip on their shoulder that diligently spams what they believe to be fact? Who fucking knows. Never believe shit without a credible source.

Looks more like a shitposter whose only intention is to make all of Yea Forums hate Mignola for lulz.

>lulz
You sound like a fucking 9 year old.

We do know at least a large chunk of it is the guy from the Mignolaverse threads who insists some weird final fight with Ereshkgal will be the finale. You know, a vague name for an ultimate evil that's been uttered twice.

I never cared for the forced romance bullshit or how Hellboy was an urban myth.

>user says Mignola-OBSESSED poster is using paint or photoshop
>Mignola-OBSESSED poster just posts another screencap proving nothing

For using a 20 years old expression?

Yep. Definitely someone who should be in a mental hospital. Or an asylum.

What. When did either of us say that? Are you legitimately ill?

but Moore straight up said he sold the rights for money with no fucks given if they ever got made into a movie

Worse yet, one is taken from phone, while the other from desktop,which just validates the samefaging acusation.

For thinking anyone still uses that 20 year old expression.

Pearlman is too old and Del Toro would still want his 200 mil, which is crazy fucking money

Looks like that theory was correct.

>one screencap is at "20:44:37"
>the other is at "00:38:31"
>clearly different timezones

What?

I think a lot of people are just disappointed by how rushed and anticlimactic it is. It's nowhere near the worst ending I've seen but it certainly took the wind out of my sails. BPRD kinda went on a downward spiral since The Devil You Know started. It's not bad by itself but it's pretty damn disappointing by Hellboy standards even with the wast of time that was the Abe Sapien book.

I do wonder if the reboot movie wasn't already moving ahead, could the Shape of Water win have knocked something loose with the studio? If they had just dragged their asses a few more months, could it have happened?

>screenshots show different timezones
>THIS PROVES SAMEFAGGING

Are you ACTUALLY retarded?

You're really reaching here.

That's fair, but Ereshi-Kun is acting like Mignola raped his sister.

No offense to Mr. McShane but he wasn't the right cocksucker for the job. I know he and Hurt were friends but he's not playing Broom at all.

Attached: deadwood_0.jpg (612x380, 261K)

What do you mean reaching? Reaching for what? One post was made at 8:44 PM, the other was made at 12:38 AM, those are two different timezones, how can it be one guy posting from a phone and computer at the same time.

>That spoiler

I love your work, user.

>tfw the Hellboy movie is shit but at least we got to witness the mental breakdown of an autist because of it

Attached: 1361928272068.jpg (310x336, 26K)

It could have made the studio phone Del Toro again and try to get something going. But if he still asked for 200 mil they wouldn't give him.
Studios give that money if they're sure the thing can hit a billion, that shit is a 400 million dollar investment.

>the wiki warrior who was blown out for getting The Lobsters name wrong in the other thread shitted on the wikipedia article
Is this you, Mignola-shill?

It is a little bit disappointing but endings almost always are. I'm sure everyone here can think of dozens of series that ended poorly but I just don't see the point in throwing out dozens of years of great stories just because of that. I think Yea Forums is just getting a little bit too jaded.

Attached: 61e.jpg (476x311, 55K)

is hellboy dead dead (like irl dead)? or does he still exist as a spirit/in the after life?

What's going on with Hellboy? I never read the comic, but apparently it went to shit? The new movie looks awful. That latest trailer was stupid as hell.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATHEYHURTHELLBOYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1547850409672.gif (512x512, 716K)

He was walking around as a spirit for a few panels, theres still 1 issue left so we'll see what happens i guess.

Its a complete disaster in any event.

Hellboy and the BRPD will forever be remembered as one of the greatest comics of all time, The Wolves of Saint August is my favorite comic story and thats how I will remember Hellboy, not Del Toro and not this bland movie, Yea Forums will always universally love Hellboy because its just that fucking good.

Comics are alright. Its motsly autism and memes on this thread.

Arcudi and Davis left, some weirdo spent a few days trying to convince us that Mignola jewed them and they left and protest. I guess somebody finally tweeted to them and now he's switching tactics.

Nichols ending in DYK 13(I think) made me sad
Could you imagine being left behind in the ruins of some city surrounded by monsters and the only thing you can really do is go down fighting
I also miss Tian and Sal. Being a BPRD mook is pain

Of course, I'm not autistic where a single ending will ruin decades worth of good content for me. It just leads a bad taste in my mouth when they've been teasing the ending for so many years and there's still a bunch of shit that never got addressed.

What a sad life you live.

duurr, hey,, durr , retard, look, look retard

HERE:

Attached: 1498249796889.jpg (540x540, 50K)

Because I didn't like an ending? Then again, I've had a complex with disappointing/unsatisfying endings ever since ME3 shattered any sort of gaming optimism I once had.

Ereshi-kun, you're repeating yourself poorly.

>unrelated things taken out of context.

Where did he shit talked anyone there?

there is literally nothing in that which even has a hint of Mignola shitting on GDT. leave this board and go back to whatever retard farm you escaped from

The fuck are you faggots even fighting about?

But the first Del Toro movie was good.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-13-01-01-15-1.png (720x523, 128K)

I mean, Samuel L. Jackson is in his 70s and he's still playing Fury. Stunt doubles are a thing.

fuck kike pearlman and fuck his fanboys

Nick Fury is a side character who has like 5 minutes of screen time max per movie he's in and any action is him shooting a gun.

Hellboy is the protagonist and has to get extremely physical in his engagements.

wew this is embarrassing

Is Yea Forums aways like this? Hearsay and fake drama?
Blechk.. who enjoys this retarded shit?

>Is Yea Forums aways like this? Hearsay and fake drama?
You forget they also have waifu threads of young celebrities.

Actually went to go see the film today after my friend dragged me into it, not even that big a fan of Hellboy, but damn was it bad. Visual effects were really bad, especially in the fights, the music was real tone deaf, like they put this weird hipster rock during every fight, and the quips. They used ADR CONSTANTLY, like they made a film with some jokes here and there, and looked at it and thought, hmmm, this needs more jokes! Also the mid credits scene was funny, since they actually thought this was gonna get a sequel

SO MIKE, WHAT DID YOU THINK OF HELLBOY 3 I MEAN HELLBOY REBOOT 2019?

Attached: 1ac.jpg (680x380, 40K)

Why do you keep spaming this?

rewatch it dude, its got some cool moments but overall its nothing special

What's ADR? I'm unfamiliar with how it works.

People pretend Mignola has been shittalking GDT and never, EVER post any source

When they dub the audio in a studio. Usually done when the on site audio was trash, like in Castaway. Also used to fix or add lines.

People don't really know anything about how movies are made and just glean stuff from clickbait articles. So then you just have to eye roll your way through tons of misinformed stuff.

At almost every Q&A Mike has ever done he talks about how he sold the film rights never expecting anything to be done with them because selling them is basically free money. Yet people are acting like he had all this huge creative influence over the film.

Is this the same process as dubbing foreign to English audio?

It’s really bad.

The same method, a dude in a booth. Harder though. For lost audio you have to exactly.match your performance. For adding lines you have to make it kind of match lip flaps that were for something else. But easiest for adding a quip or expositions when a characters mouth isn't in frame. If you ever hear audio that didn't sound like it was coming from the mouth just right. Usually a weird volume level, it's probably ADR.

Considering I bought all three omnis of his adventures and thoroughly enjoyed his journey across America, I would say I care about based Fishman and a lot more than I do about Hellboy himself.

Show me the receipts, user.

Wonder where's the mega mignola fag from the last threads insisting that it was still better than Del Toro because 'Muh Mignola's Blessing'

Will there be a sequel?

I saw it, and it's not as bad as people think.

Don't get me wrong, it's BAD. It's not a good or competently shot film, and the only one who really seems to be trying is Hellboy, but at least it has cool moments.

Though it's definitely one of those films where people say, "I liked it" and I'm utterly baffled by what they saw of value in it.

>constant ADR

I could imagine, seeing as the Hellboy make-up really interferes with the actor's mouth.

Mignola is still a good writer but he's burnt so much goodwill in recent years that it's not hard to see why this autist is spending so much time spamming about it.

Gonna be nice when most of you get bored and we can go back to having less shitty Hellboy threads again

see
I don't think it's possible unfortunately.

Meh in a year no one will give a shit about this

It's not just the film though. Hellboy threads have been shit for more than a year now and while the film has been in production during that time and looking awful thereby dragging the mood down it can't explain everything.

I'm pretty sure Hellboy is dead on Yea Forums which is unfortunate because I only got into it within the last couple of years and feel like I've missed out.

The comics ultimate destined foreshadowed ending for 25 fucking years turned out to be a GIANT pile of shit.

Hellboy is forever tarnished.

If you say so kid

What do you fucking mean by that?

The ending it was building up to for two and a half decades turned out to be a rushed shitty crapshoot. That undermines every single moment that foreshadowed and flash-forwarded and mentioned it, which happens in almost every single story.

Well, guess I won't be seeing you in reread threads then. Good luck.

I doubt he'll be as popular next year

Attached: mr colympus 2018 bravo.png (4783x7532, 2.32M)

Good luck for what? Learn english.

With being a whiny cunt

How am i being whiny by voicing criticisms?

By saying the same pedantic shit for 12 hours you little bitch.

Why do you fucking care so much?

Why is it so hard for them to make a Hellboy movie where hes actually a paranormal investigator instead of turning it into capeshit

Attached: 1538731742740.jpg (400x386, 37K)

Best part of the film until they start fighting.

Low bar, but still.

>released a demon supehero between Captain Marvel, Shazam, and Avengers: Endgame
>somehow they want him to be a superhero like he was meant to be

But he fucking isnt, read a god damn Hellboy comic for once in your life you fucking sperg and stop repeating this lie.

Hellboy is a slow, melancholic, atmospheric dark gothic-horror fantasy themed pulp adventure based around paranormal investigation with SOME action, not that much, but focused amounts of action. It has more in common with fucking Bram Stokers Dracula than it does any cape comic or cape movie.

They turned it into one and it fucking FAILED, because that isnt what Hellboy is.

Not all cape comics are constant action

Why didn't he end just everyting in hellboy in hell and let bprd have it's own ending? The last issue of in hell was a perfect finale

Who knows

Flops don't get sequels.

>implying basedboy will ever flop

>You do realize that Todd McFarlane is autistically possessive over Spawn, right?
how is this a bad thing
>and reluctant to share his creation/hear outside ideas
given how most capeshit adaptations turn out he's smart to do this, sure his ideas are retarded half the time but there's the possibility outside input would make them a lot worse

Dude its releasing inbetween Shazam, Captain Marvel, and Avengers Endgame.

It has no chance.

But Mignola gave it his blessing, Hellboy is getting its own cinematic universe and there's nothing you can do about it Marvelcuck

>Niche series that's stuck inbetween comic book blockbusters
>Even the writer of the series decided to turn against it
This is some weird shitposting user but this threads been fucking crazy.

Just got back from it.

more or less have it.

The script isn't good, the direction isn't good, the plot isn't engaging because it just leaps from Hellboy en Mexico to Wild Hunt to Storm to Darkness Calls to Fury with a little bit of The Corpse and Seed of Destruction for the Alice & Hellboy Birth scenes. Also all done in worse versions though on retrospect the Baba Yaga scene before they actually started fighting was. It had one good scene, i'll give it that

It isn't coherent, makes bad decisions with the characters and the tone is just completely off.

The betrayal and giant slaying scene in The Wild Hunt is one of the most impactful scenes in Hellboy, where he just absolutely loses it in a fit of terrible violence and comes closer to giving in to his dark side and dark destiny than ever before. It was rendered beautifully by Fegredo & Stewart, and is a great scene, one that has meaningful impact to the story.

In this movie, it's done with quips and an unfitting hard / classic rock backdrop as if it's trying to be Guardians of the Galaxy, with needless stupid gore. It also has overall no impact on anything whatsoever and is promptly forgotten to chase after the next bullshit.

And did I forget to mention that this is the only depiction ever in any medium of Hellboy and Ben Daimio meeting? And that they just kinda bicker-quip at each other until Ben starts hulking out as a super power?

It's not good. It just made me want to go and read those stories it drug through the mud again, and they're all great stories so at least it accomplished that?

I dont understand this form of shitposting.

It's called "funposting". It's done for fun, or for the lulz as the hip kidz say.

I haven't read any of these, is this an "end of the world" movie or not

Remember that time Hellboy cameoed when Madman was still published by Dark Horse?

Mignola's art was always ugly as fuck.

This. Can't believe people pretended to like it for so long.

The closest thing to a "shit talk" I've seen is this, from 2012
>And yeah, I mean, the Hellboy character in that second picture is so far away from my version of Hellboy, because you had the whole love-interest thing, which had morphed into this first-year-marriage squabbling kind of thing, which is totally alien to my character. So the Hellboy character did quite a few things in the second film that my Hellboy wouldn’t do. In fact, there was a moment in one of the meetings where I said, “Hellboy wouldn’t do that,” and Del Toro said, “YourHellboy wouldn’t, mine would.” And that was one of those real moments of, “Oh, that’s right. I’m working on a Del Toro movie. I’ve gotten pretty far away from working on a regular Hellboy thing.
And on a superficial level the new movie is more accurate than 2 (comic characters and events are present)... so I think your perspective is on point.

good bait

With none of the actual gravitas it deserves, but done emulating Suicide Squad with childish amounts of cursing and gore

Where did he publicly say he didn't like the GDT movies?

Well post them again then faggot burden of proof is on you.

I will slap you, user.

>they just forget he exists after that
That fucking hurt. Liz does not even BLINK.
And Abe and Liz's friendship was so well done in BRPD.

I'd like to think Nichols and his buddy are good enough to survive for a while and they become legends to the new race.