Actual show looks vastly different from the pilot

>Actual show looks vastly different from the pilot
Other than Steven Universe (pic related) what shows have done this before?

Attached: 1426686068052.jpg (640x360, 40K)

does larry and steve count?

Attached: med_1485396763_image.jpg (640x480, 58K)

all of them??

gravity falls's pilot was done in flash, looked like something out of canada

A lot of cartoons-
Grim Adventures, Bob's Burger's, If you consider the Tracy Ullman shorts a pilot then Simpsons is vastly different,etc.
That's kind of how pilots work, different budgets, different teams, haven't gone through as much committee shit.

> That level of detail
No wonder they simplified it, I can just see the animators crying at their desks trying to get everything right.

>he thinks the glorified storyboarders on the SU team do any of the actual hard work
looooool

The pilot for Steven Universe looked fucking terrible. I'm happy they changed the style.

I kind of like when pilot characters are like weird ugly uncanny valley dystopian versions of the characters you know, like ripping the band-aid of all the corporate sterilization off and seeing them as they truly are.

Sometimes corporate sterilization is a good thing

yeah sure, and that icky feeling wouldn't be there if I wasn't attached to their smoothed out, more endearing versions they became. it does become a problem when it hinders real creativity though.

Sure, when we sterilize the corporations.

He said animators though, modern cartoons are often animated in cheap as shit Korean studios. Not to disparage Korean animation studios, but they're animated at particularly cheap ones.

Too bad the response from Sugar was to drain any and all QC from production and repurpose that part of the budget to do stupid faggot meme faces like this constantly.

Attached: ZQCLiBn.png (419x221, 190K)

It's a cartoon buddy

>implying
This has been a practice since the late 70s/early 80s. If anything, we're doing way more in-house now than we were doing in the 2000s. It's not quite as much as it was in the 90s, but we're definitely going in a positive direction

It works for OK KO where it's just funny nonsense, but not SU where you're supposed to take it seriously

summer cuck island

Animation was typically outsourced to Japan in the 80s/90s, and in the 00s was frequently done in-house. Korean animation studios making up the bulk of animation didn't emerge until the latter third of the 00s.

not true

Nah I'd say SU is similarly lighthearted and cartoony. It relishes in being both and contrasting with itself. OK KO has it's serious moments too.

DC Super Hero Girls if you consider the five DC Nation shorts Super Best Friends Forever as a pilot.

Attached: Super_Best_Friends_Forever_Batgirl_Robin_Batman_Supergirl_Superman_Wonder_Girl_Wonder_Woman_Faust_20 (1546x438, 102K)

K