Disney CEO Bob Iger says he will step down in 2021

>Disney CEO Bob Iger said that he will step down from the company in 2021.
>A succession plan is in the works.
>Iger has been the chief executive since 2005.

There's still two more years left but discuss the Iger era

Attached: 105381196-1533658347806gettyimages-997187612.jpg (740x493, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2019/04/11/disney-ceo-bob-iger-says-he-will-step-down-in-2021.html
youtu.be/LxUzFOXODG8?t=53
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oh right, source
cnbc.com/2019/04/11/disney-ceo-bob-iger-says-he-will-step-down-in-2021.html

Iger 2024

Watch as Kathleen gets the position, after not being fired from all the star wars fuck ups, I’m convinced she has a lot of dirt on someone and will keep climbing.

Good fucking riddance, maybe now that the faggots gone disney will stop buying up and then destroying IPs

Attached: 9FEF7C97-96B3-424A-8F88-6757105CE225.png (532x431, 210K)

What are the chances of Ike?

Will it actually change anything, or will the disney machine stay the same?

It's already to late the damage is done.

god dammit i thought he was retiring this year

If you slack-jawed faggots are just going to fill the thread with your hot Star Wars tears.
Plz take it to

Attached: 1373898433633.gif (320x240, 1.27M)

Why is he stepping down? he doesn't look so old

Obviously you have no actual knowledge of how things work in greater Hollywood as a whole. IT doesn't matter what your politics are or where you are on the hierarchy of executive roles. If you can blame your fuckups on anybody else, then you can only fail upwards.

or

Kevin Feige to replace him, the only Disney franchise that has people hooked

He probably wants to enjoy the billions of dollars he has.

it provided with some good films like princess and the frog and wreck it ralph. but it was shit in the later half with wreck it ralph 2 and all those awful remakes. he also turned my waifu into a laughing stock, so he can just go fuck himself

Got to step down to run for president in 2024

Lord Iger is truly the smartest and best thing to ever happen to this country

Most of the franchises they just bout are already dead. Based Disney can only bring them back

As much as I hate him, he's also one of the execs that helped greenlight Twin Peaks so I don't completely hate him

So will they stop buying IPs or not? What is there that they would have their sights on?

yeah he'd be running now if the government didn't approve the fox deal.

>Promotes Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm and Fox on Disney plus

>Muppets aren't even mentioned

I know the Muppets were bought in the Eisner era, but c'mon.

Jim had more synergy accepting a fucking award than Disney did in that whole investors meeting. I fucking hate Henson's characters are split up amongst a bunch of conglomerates.

youtu.be/LxUzFOXODG8?t=53

Attached: 1wacyt.jpg (400x400, 18K)

Probably not

It's better to run in an open field than against an incumbent

Good fucking riddence. Maybe the animation studio will do something that isn't sequels again. Maybe the parks will stop bulldozing classics in favor of movie tie-ins that will age like milk in 5 years. Maybe they'll recover some artistic integrity.

Hopefully someone comes along who knows what to do with these brands acquired don't want another MVCI, Star Wars, or KH3 situation.

Interesting maybe screwed it up somehow

>maybe screwed it up somehow
He didn't have the stomach for the politics and he's creatively neutered. He made Disney's stock value rise and wants to quit before something implodes with his name on it.

>Eisner had creative ideas that ultimatly flopped due to budget constraints, and ended up cutting corners for most of his projects
>Iger brought in trillions for the company, but seemed to lack the creative vision and relied on acquired IPs to keep fans happy (Marvel, Lucasfilm, Fox, and Pixar all bought under his reign)
Would Reggie be the ideal candidate to bring about the second Disney Renaissance?

Attached: Reggie-Fils-Aime.jpg (2400x1600, 579K)

>Kevin Feige the new CEO of Disney
>Now everything is connected.

>maybe screwed it up somehow
He said he was going to retire after the Fox merger like months ago. This is just official confirmation.

Eisner is probably the closest I've seen to someone taking a company to new heights of success and at the same time almost crashing all of it into the ground

>Kevin Feige the new CEO of Disney
>Ike the Kike mysteriously found dead

Finally. Good riddance and let's bring creativity back to Disney.

There’s supposed to be a new muppets show coming to Disney+

Why does he look like Kevin spacey Rape Buddy?

>he's also one of the execs that helped greenlight Twin Peaks so I don't completely hate him
source?

How is that even possible? What did he do to fuck up the success of the renaissance? Most of my favorite Disney shit comes from his era, but I don't know much about his failures.

Remember that direct-to-DVD/videotape era Disney had during 1995-2005? That was him? The investors didn't like that he was losing them tons of money so they forced him to resign.

And nothing of value was lost

How much you wanna bet that the new CEO is an under-qulaified diversity hire?

seeing who they replaced john lassenter with, i place it at 200%

Kathleen is a great producer, just not suited to running a franchise like Star Wars. She is used to overseeing one shot type movies, and as such she pretty much allowed JJ and Rian total creative freedom (because it had worked for her movies in the past), which she should not have done.

It was Iger who greenlit shoving out Star Wars movies and a conveyor belt of remakes of animated classics.

And James Gunn will take over at Marvel.

But if Kevin takes over DIsney, who takes over MCU?

My Disney is ready.

Yoink

How much money could that have really been losing them? The animation for those was cheap as hell.

Except Ike, Loeb, and Samurai.

If we're taking this seriously Emma Watts or likely Ike again.

I hope that does happen so you gators will be on suicide watch.

Even though he's not a great director, Peyton Reed could be a good Marvel Studios head.

Iger's been at it for almost 20 years and has been about as successful as it's possible to imagine an entertainment ceo being.
He's probably looking forward to a long semi-retirement sitting on boards and having people grovel at his feet for donations.

15 years is usually considered the ideal tenure for a CEO with few remaining effective longer than that.

Good, maybe then the parks can get an non-ip ride and 2d films
Iger brought some success but had zero creativity or balls

You ever get tired of making up imaginary scenarios to get mad at?

It seems like an exhausting way to live

>responsible for all the shitty live action remakes
>responsible for the shit show that is Star Wars
>Floods the movie market with capeshit
Good. Fuck him.

Attached: 1481637319618.jpg (787x661, 340K)

Eat shit, disney only makes movies for little girls and castrates everything they buy to suit their gynocentric image

Attached: 7259C0C5-B8D6-4202-B60F-0F6A82C101DC.jpg (543x768, 60K)

Those trips tell me yes.

Attached: ayyyyyeeee.png (480x480, 272K)

>How is that even possible?
Combination of a growing ego and a seeming overall decline in talents. Eisner was very much a creative at heart but arguably also a bitter, uncompromising authoritarian at heart.

If you want a more detailed explanation, read Disneywar.

During the mid 2000s Disney only really had Pixar and the Pirates films as big successes. Everything else either flopped or did just okay.
Under Iger, Disney has been the top studio for the past couple of years.

It’s gonna be Kathleen Kennedy. Watch as she ruins everything and makes every movie girl power garbage.

>Would Reggie be the ideal candidate to bring about the second Disney Renaissance?
Nope, he didn't do jackshit to NoA

2D FILMS AND RELEASE THE UNCUT TRILOGY ON BLURAY PLEASE

>the Iger era
Love what happened to Marvel, hate how almost every show and movie had him flaunting Star Wars and Marvel.

Can't wait for the Simpsons to be flaunted in everything. /sarcasm

kk will be the next disney president

screencap this

Attached: KK.jpg (833x523, 342K)

I'll miss him

Attached: pixar saw some shit.png (1366x768, 1.92M)

>Eisner was very much a creative at heart but arguably also a bitter, uncompromising authoritarian at heart.
He was unfortunately obsessed with being as litigious as humanly possible to the point of suing elementary schools that put homemade art of Disney characters in their windows. The copyright extension disaster also happened under his watch.

Iger was a great business man in that under his reign the company acquired Star Wars and Marvel and expanded the franchises in extremely financially successful ways, creating movie after movie

He is not an artist. His job is to make DIsney money and expand the companies reach in the entertainment industry, which he has done extremely well.

Not that I like him, but I respect him as a moneymaker.

Fucking jew fag can fuck off anytime

>who takes over MCU?
Joss Whedon

He would be but the man is retiring from his own company to spend time with family

Based and redpilled

Generally decent description. I would prefer some of the other studio heads who are interested in nurturing creative talents and taking risks. Disney is going to trash two of the Fox 'mini-studios' (actually they already killed Fox 2000) responsible for any number of awards and continue to push the Academy and others to recognize garbage like Cars 2 as being comparable to say Kubo.

Good. Disney is shit when it's profit-driven.

I'd be happy but I'm fairly sure whoever the next CEO is is going to follow in his footsteps, considering how much money he made.

Attached: 1524187312022.jpg (600x450, 40K)

He got a raw deal

Any bets on what the ethnicity of the new CEO will be?

Reggie is unironically the fun hype man guy Disney needs for new reveals. Marketing is his specialty and he’s a very charismatic front man, which Disney hasn’t had since Walt.

>What did he do to fuck up the success of the renaissance?
-Way too overambitious with theme parks in other countries
-Lost key members of staff, notably the Dreamworks guy
-After Tarzan, basically all of their movies were flops. Dreamworks rose to prominence because Disney was doing so awful. They were no longer seen as a powerhouse for much of the 00s
-Pixar was the one division doing well and they almost lost their deal due to disagreements
-Side projects like Disneyquest all over the world, Disney America and Club Disney were complete failures

Eisner was an ambitious man and many aspects of Disney we know today came from his tenure. However, he massively fucked stuff up. Generally around the time his business partner died.

Eisner and Iger are mirrors of each other in a way. Eisner was creatively ambitious and wanted to create newer and better things but he could not keep a lid on his imagination and this led to serious financial losses. Iger is financially ambitious and basically led Disney to acquiring a bunch of other properties while putting things they were known for like TV cartoons, 2D animation and games on the backburner, but this has led to Disney becoming the toppest dog in the entertainment world and arguably a second Disney animation rennaisance on film (I think that ended at this point though)

It's up to you which was better

they can just use that boatload of money to fund creative projects instead

>didn't go ask Nomura and Sakurai to go add Sora in Smash
>after his VP said they could last spring
literally laughing right now

Eisner already killed 2D and wanted to make Disney's output a knock off of Dreamworks. He also was responsible for the DTV sequel string that cheapened the Disney brand

And don't forget the only reason Splash Mountain is so named is because he wanted to tie in to that romcom.

Paris Disneyland only failed because he chose to put it there rather than the Italian countryside, and he only put it there for tax breaks AND because he wanted to have a free place to stay when his family went shopping in Paris.

Eisner desperately wanted to be "the new Walt", but he was propped up by people with better ideas.

Attached: 9579889751ed41e5326936eab1a88583.jpg (265x264, 8K)

>Eisner already killed 2D
Yeah but Iger had the department completely removed after PatF and Winnie the Pooh

Eisner did that too. Iger bought all the old equipment back. And at least this time he didn't sell it all off. They still use 2D for test and effects like Maui's tattoo