This will always be funny

This will always be funny.

Attached: 1555097096801.jpg (480x360, 32K)

At least they killed somebody off for real, even if it was a very minor character.
Family Guy "killed off" Brian only to bring him back less then a month later.

Honestly Sideshow Bob dying would’ve been OK. At least it would’ve been a character of actual significance.

the least significant character on there is Marge's mom

what about Krusty's dad

Wish it was Lisa.

They redeemed Bob in the last season and made him move out of Springfield
I guess even Kelsey Grammer got tired of the show

This but unironically. I'd like to see Simpsons dealing with Lisa's death.

I can't believe bart is fucking dead

So let's look at this from the perspective of somebody taking this seriously back in whenever this happened.

Obviously they won't kill one of the main cast nor any of the regular recurring characters, so that takes out Marge, Abe, Bart, Selma, Patty, Krust, Lisa, Moe, Homer and Apu.
That leaves Marge's mom, Comic Book Guy, Sideshow Bob and Krusty's Dad.

Comic Book Guy and Sideshow Bob are too much of staple minor characters to be killed off, so they're also off the list. This leaves Marge's mother and Krusty's father.

Marge's mother is voiced by Julie Kavner, a regular cast member of the series. Krusty's father is voiced by Jackie Mason, who is not a regular.

Therefore, Krusty's father had always had a higher chance of being killed off.

Yeah dude, but Family Guy totally killed off Brian and he was a main character voiced by Seth himself, and that was for real
THAT WAS FOR REAL user

I wouldn't say Selma and Patty were immune.

Don't remind me, man.

Family guy also killed off like three other characters a few seasons before that though.

I mean, Brain was mentioned in the summary for the Family Guy-Simpsons crossover, so we knew he was coming back even before he was "killed off".

I would, the VA pretty much only plays Marge's family and they have far more screen time than Krusty's father.

How many episodes did his father even have dedicated to him aside from his introduction anyways?

I don't think they are critical and there's still one to spare if someone needs to bitch at Homer, and I don't think actor leaving is the only reason to kill character. If anything, Selmacide would be expedient because you wouldn't need to fire anyone.

Then still had him reused as much as his original incarnation but as a ghost or a flashback

In hindsight, they might be kicking themselves that they didn't kill Apu instead.

Didn't this episode also have a really abstract couch gag?

Attached: 1520328582623s.jpg (125x125, 2K)

Attached: 1520328614948s.jpg (125x125, 2K)

Attached: 1520328646616s.jpg (125x125, 2K)

Yep, we’re only 8,000 years away from that reality.
It’s hardly Don’s best work, but I’m just shocked the writers were okay with putting “our show’s just gonna keep getting worse and worse, deal with it” in front of their hyped up season premiere.

Attached: F07148BC-57BA-473C-8A14-00B4EF7AB396.jpg (1000x560, 57K)

>“our show’s just gonna keep getting worse and worse, deal with it”
I'm not sure this is what you are supposed to take away from this.

nice

Sneed

Thing about Patty and Selma is that they were so similar to each other that they could kill one and it wouldn't have really mattered beyond, "they're no longer twins".

I forgot Marge's mom is still alive.

I can't even remember any of her appearances, outside of flashbacks.

There was that episode with her, Grandpa, and Mr. Burns in a love triangle.

Ay caramba!

An actual combo. Haven't seen one of those pulled off since most of Yea Forums was still in junior high.

You mean yesterday?

I wonder if anyone genuinely thought they were planning to kill off Homer or Bart

Attached: 1486918977330.png (575x687, 9K)

Has a cartoon ever killed off a major character and kept it that way for a least a season besides South Park with Kenny?

Attached: 64CBD165-09EA-4AC8-A700-92EBEE305A75.png (722x575, 341K)

Steven universe with Jasper technically.

Depends on what you consider major character.

But biggest example would be Gen 1 Transformers.

Did they? Last episode I saw from him was when he slaped the face of another man on him

I like how sneed posting happened 20 posts in here but the Yea Forums version of this thread is literally the first reply Says a lot about Yea Forums tbqh

SNEED! IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT!

Attached: tenor.gif (498x203, 286K)

She was meant to die originally in Round Springfield

Venture Bros?

Attached: 4A5D9AC1-31BD-42D2-B0E1-4C5EB64CBD1C.png (720x540, 103K)

>What kind of city slicker would pull up in his fancy foreign car to kill a girl?

Depends, are we talking exclusively comedy shows with an established status quo? Pretty sure plenty of shows with more serious plots and continuity to them are willing to have characters killed.

This was two seasons ago, the last one he was he found a abandoned missile base bunker in springfield and tried to launch it with bart tiet to the missile
But in the last minute he realized that he wasted his life trying to kill a kid and that he needs help

Shiro was technically dead for an entire season until they pulled his spirit back from the beyond in Voltron, but I don't know if that counts since his clone was around the entire time.

Yeah, that's a good one. Prime's the only one who really actually came back too.

Mighty Max had a plethora of deaths but they were almost all minor characters. If you count the extended Timmverse for DC, then there are a few characters who died and stayed dead as Batman, Superman and the Justice League shows went on.