Recomendation thread

user I'm bored and I want something to read. Recommend me your favorite comic (comic run).

Doesn't matter what genre or superhero as long as it's fucking great.

pic is unrelated

Attached: RCO017.jpg (1041x1600, 586K)

Tomasi Superman is comfy
so is Humphries Green Lanterns, alsdo try Yang's New Super-Man, Priest Deathstroke, John Rogers Blue Beetle, Pak's Incredible Hercules, Orlando's Midnighter, Russel's Flintstones, Ostrander's Suicide Squad

Life and times of Scrooge McDuck

The IDW Ghostbusters book is really good. Except when it's not. But it took a very long time for that to happen. And that was a result of executive meddling and forcing the 2016 movie team rather than the creative team who really want to make a good book. It's possibly on an upswing though the recent one shot was good.

Attached: 1403095884118.jpg (900x696, 177K)

Witch Doctor.
A science fanasty supernatural story about a man dealing with the paranormal But none of that "magic is science we don't understand"/"it's magic I ain't gotta explain shit" bullshit. This man is going after these monsters and learn how they work like they're cthulhu sized bacteria and viruses. And he's the cure for the apocalypse.

Only two volumes, and while I once met the writer and he said more to come, that was 5 years ago with no more issues. So now I'm reserved to promoting the little I got and trying to win the lottery to kickstart more issues.

Attached: witchdoctorv1_p3.jpg (600x923, 124K)

Trees by Warren Ellis, though it's been on hiatus a couple years
Dave Stevens' Rocketeer
Roberson's Doc Savage
Appleseed
The Shadow: Year One
Miller's Daredevil
Daredevil: Yellow
1234 by Grant Morrison
Waid's FF
Silver Surfer: Requiem
Wolverine: Weapon X by BWS
Steranko's SHIELD
Remender's X-Force
Marvels
Death of Captain Marvel
Irredeemable, or at least 90% of it

>Justice League Megazord
>only exists for a cold open
Still fucking mad. Fuck you, Snyder, you filthy HACK.

Um, yeah recs. Why the fuck not.

Wonder Woman(William Messnar Loebs)
Wonder Woman(George Perez)
Wonder Woman(Gail Simone)
Wonder Woman(Greg Rucka)
Wonder Woman(Dennis O'Neil)
Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld
Amethyst(Christie Marx)
X-Statix(Peter Milligan)
Thunderbolts(Fabien Nicieza)
Thunderbolt(Jeff Parker)
Suicide Squad(John Ostrander)
Birds of Prey(Gail Simone)
Birds of Prey(Chuck Dixon)
Archie Sonic the Hedgehog(Ian Flynn)
Madame Xanadu(Matt Wagner)
Legion of Super-Heroes(Paul Levitz)
Legion of Super-Heroes(Mark Waid/Tom McGraw)
Legion of Super-Heroes(Geoff Johns)

I don't know why I bother though. Nobody on this shitstain board actually reads comics.

Still looking for comics with good magic in them.

Still haven't found any. Yes, I've read the Books of Magic. No, they're not good.

Attached: Rhystic Study art Paul Canavan.jpg (1920x1410, 463K)

Yeah, and I've been looking for some space opera material. Nothing. Welcome to comics. You better be into capeshit, cause you have no other options.

Nigger, I've read everything and it all sucks.

Honestly, I don't think comics is the right format for that. I don't think anything but tv series can do justice to space operas. Movies fall flat too. You need something in moving format that is extended longer than a movie.

Have sex. Also look up other resources if you're that mad at people reading a genre that's managed to last this long

Oh god has that cancer spread here too or is this where it originated?

This is actually the reason I don't like the Star Wars films. 2 hours is not enough to tell a proper story of that scale. The Clone Wars is great because it allows the setting to breathe for once.

Also, I think comics could easily work for a space opera. You'd have to do an episodic format of course, settle the reader into things with done in one issues before talking big storylines.

Not sure. I've seen it here the past month and decided to post it myself. But seriously there's plenty of stuff out there. Complaining about a genre with a lot to recommend is weak shit. Just look up stuff elsewhere if no answers come up here

Exactly. Phantom Menace is pretty and A New Hope is nice and moody though.

>Also, I think comics could easily work for a space opera.
Absolutely not. You need motion for the genre to work as a visual medium. Otherwise the only way it works is as text.

>Not sure. I've seen it here the past month and decided to post it myself.
Well you've made a mistake. Go the fuck back to that shithole reddit.

Have sex

I guarantee I've had more sex than you. And I didn't even have to cut off my dick to do it.

>/pol/
Still, as you were. Have fun giving recommendations. I gave some higher up already

>everyone calling me out for being an aggressive, cancerous tranny on the internet is /pol/
Trannies get the wall.

>implying anyone who uses a dumb meme is a tranny
>Unironically giving a /pol/ tier response based on your assumption
Makes ya think

Try giving out recommendations instead of bitching about microaggressions.

Gave em already. All stuff I have physically except Irredeemable Your turn

And I'm not trans, dumbshit. I was suggesting that you should look to other places for the genres you're interested in if Yea Forums hasn't provided anything. If that is your issue. You're the one who got hung up on a meme

>And I'm not trans, dumbshit
Funny, you whine like it. I give it a year.

>user doesn't have any recommendations to give
How sad.

I already did.

Sure, thing, buddy