The director of Shazam was one of the Crocodile Men

The director of Shazam was one of the Crocodile Men

Attached: Shazam - Crocodile Man.webm (480x600, 2.78M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s1GlfHo6Dnc
youtube.com/watch?v=PNyBWgOg7D0
youtube.com/watch?v=WdElOYs9kWo
youtu.be/4fYUTpq0Ous
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's pretty cool looking

I got to say I fucking loved that bit. Best news is we'll probably see them again in the sequel since Tawny is basically confirmed for it along with The Wildlands

AND Mr. Mind!

>Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

That's a great looking prosthetic, I was convinced that entire bit was CGI

this!

Why does Shazam have the funniest looking rogues? Shit's like a cartoon man.

His comics have always been more on the comic side

They all look pretty funny, Black Adam, Ibac, and Captain Nazi are more serious looking to me

Shazam's pure fantasy

They really went through a lot of effort for one small cameo.

Because Silver Age Captain Marvel was a very fun series, even by Silver Age standards. If you're at all familiar with the original Ben 10 cartoon, it was channeling 60s Captain Marvel pretty hard (and Dial H for Hero).

>People thought these guys were CGI

my neck hurts looking at that

Good thing it can be reused for a sequel

Characters like Tawny are definitely gonna be CG though

>effort

That's the magic, user.

Friendly reminder that these guys eat children.

Attached: Ouch.jpg (409x388, 95K)

Not necessarily. If you they could make those crocodiles and the Trench with practical effects how difficult is a fursuit, really?

i want one

Attached: D36c4AXWwAEM51V.jpg (961x1200, 170K)

Why couldn’t these guys look like that?

Attached: 569DA7C8-214C-48FF-98F8-B2FC0BDE9537.jpg (499x501, 96K)

Well, Killer Croc isn't actually a crocodile in that movie, right?

Killer Croc barely ever looks like an actual crocodile. He's just a fucked up dude. Lizard looks like ass though and there's no excuse

Well Killer Croc is supposed to just just be a dude with a really really messed-up skin condition.

I have no idea what in the flying fuck they were thinking with that Lizard design, though.

It’s like the director knew Shazam was gonna flop

I like that Hollywood still manages to use props sometimes and not only green screens with CGI puppets.

Attached: jhi.jpg (500x500, 42K)

I kind of just assumed those were CGI heads. Cool to see they were practical.

That fact isn't fun at all

>Making double your production budget before the second weekend
>Flop
I'm never giving you another (you) so don't spend that all in one place

I was surprised it wans't CG, the facts that is practical makes it even better.

I think I'm more surprised about this than I was learning the Trench monsters were practical suits

The ones from Aquaman?

I don't suppose anyone's put the scene online? I don't want to have to wait 2 months to see it again.

Yeah

Attached: 404014.jpg (755x512, 115K)

Yeah

Kinda sad we probably won’t get Sabbac, since Sivana kinda used his niche

Killer Croc looked awesome. He just needed to be more muscular.
Lizard was an unexcusable shit.

Pretty sweet. Definitely enhanced with CG though

Yo can I get a reaction image of 3 laughing gangster Crocodile-Men?

He cute.

>That photo
Fished and Culturally Entrenched

TRENCHED

Brazzers

>106955020
I hope this movie could get a cartoon, you could make a series with Sivana and his insanely crazy schemes.
youtube.com/watch?v=s1GlfHo6Dnc

Attached: 002-SHAZAM-DC_NATION[1].jpg (1344x816, 280K)

>Leaked image of Jewish politician without his skin suit

Whos who in that pic?

>Silver Age Captain Marvel
Doesn't exist.

It's in order of SHAZAM so do the math.

Why did they call him "Captain Marvel," anyway? That's like McDonald's having a mascot named "The Burger King." They absolutely should have just called the character Shazam to begin with.

I let out a big laugh the second they showed up on screen. I was not expecting to see them in this movie.

Attached: eatthechildren.jpg (1223x1023, 330K)

Captain Marvel predates Marvel comics by decades

Marvel didn’t exist at the time of his conception,

Achiles, Herucles, Salomon, Zeus, Atlas and Mercury.

Attached: 004-SHAZAM-DC_NATION[1].jpg (1344x816, 238K)

So they got cucked out of the name? Sad.

She looks like she fucks the trench

It's a lot more complicated than that.

Attached: 005-SHAZAM-DC_NATION[1].jpg (1344x816, 224K)

It’s a whole thing, that’s super complicated and involves DC suing Fawcett and a whole legal battle

Reptile-aryan, actually.

AHSZAM!

Sounds interesting.

Short version,
>Captain Marvel was very popular outselling even Superman
>DC sued Whiz comics the onwers of the Captain Marvel IP at the time on grounds that their comics was a copy of Superman
>The legal battle lasted many years, eventually Whiz said fuck it is not worth it anymore and settle taking Captain Marvel from circulation
>Decades past, Marvel comics is created and they create their own Captain Marvel
>Meanwhile Whiz files for bankruptcy and DC buys its assets Captain Marvel included. Later they relaunch Captain Marvel, but since Marvel had a character with the same name and the IP was in disuse for so long that DC lost the exclusivity of the name they had to change the name of the comic to SHAZAM.
>Decades past and since everyone was calling Billy shazam the same way people call Link Zelda DC decided to make the change of the name official.

hot

Actually, he was all 3 of them. They only did 1 prop.

Shazam fits the mold of a comedy focused 11 minute series better than other DC characters

Jesus.

I would like it if there was a running gag where Billy tries to explain that his heroic alter-ego is called Captain Marvel but gets cut-off each time due to some wacky shenanigans.

Pic Related newest run does this

Attached: Marv-.png (541x742, 740K)

Yeah, and so were the crocodile men. CGI can be really good when used wisely.

It bothers me so much now that you pointed it out.
youtube.com/watch?v=PNyBWgOg7D0

Attached: 007-SHAZAM-DC_NATION[1].jpg (1344x816, 205K)

Because the Shazam crocadile-men don't need to act. They just need to flap their mouths and move a little.

For major named characters, studios have this hangup about the actor being able to emote and express like a human. Which is weird, because it totally ignores the existence of cartoons with nonhuman characters.

Fucks 'em up, anyway.

Killer Croc looked pretty good. Shame he didn't do shit in the whole film.

Are these guys space pirates?
>Our station is self destructing. Quick, cage up the helpless critters!

I could see Sivana stealing the show the same way Dr. Doofenshmirtz does in Phineas and Ferb,

They should be now.

Attached: tumblr_pd5ocbbJ991uds8kfo1_1280.png (700x700, 503K)

>Captain Marvel was very popular outselling even Superman
It's worth noting that it wasn't even close. Captain Marvel consistently sold MILLIONS of copies

Yeah it even had a movie serial, he was the first Superhero in the bigscreen, it ran parallel to the fleicher superman
youtube.com/watch?v=WdElOYs9kWo

>"Ah Billy Batson, my mortal nemesis, what a pleasant surprise! And by surprise, I mean COMPLETELY UNSURPRISED!"

They do work in similar levels of pettiness

youtu.be/4fYUTpq0Ous

Yeah, my dad's favorite superhero when he was a kid was Captain Marvel. He doesn't even know jack shit about Superman.

Kinda sad about Billy losing his name and popularity, but eh, loved Shazam

The more I think about Shazam the more I fucking love it

It took Snyder's horseshit "Batman can get raped in prison" universe and went "fuck that here's a Wizard, crocodile men and a talking caterpillar", hell Aquaman did that too with its kaiju and dinosaur island.

This is the kind of wacky shit had me love comics in the first place

Attached: 1542741387255.png (1120x1920, 682K)

I just want a good GL Movie, the Idea that you can make anything with the ring (who's only real physical limitation is Imagination) is a fun concept.

I really hope they ham it up with Black Adam and Captain Nazi in the next movie.

There's nothing wrong with super heroes getting dark or serious, but that's not what people want from the majority of Justice League members, and both Zach Snyder and the writers he worked with did not even have a great vision for a dark Batman. Zach Snyder is kind of a perfect encapsulation of the Dark Ages of superhero comics. He read Watchmen and The Dark Knight Returns, but all he got out of them was that there were super heroes and they were dark and violent, not getting any of the literary values they have. It took two characters who you absolutely should not remove from their corny roots to break free from Zach Snyder's choke hold on these characters in live action.

Attached: batbAquaman.jpg (1777x999, 153K)

>Captain Nazi
Just call him Ubermensch, people want to sell toys not get banned by the JIDF.

And Billy’s Deadbeat Mom’s Boyfriend/Husband

Dark only works for certain characters and maybe some events. The only one who should be dark is Batman, at least in a setting like this.

Superman is supposed to be a unwavering symbol of hope for humanity and beacon of goodness.

It's not impossible to make a good dark superhero movie, but they simply haven't since the TDK.

People like to jerk off Watchmen and TDKR but fail to understand why they were so good in the first place which WB/DC have been for the better part of a decade.

I want to fuck Amber Heard in the ass.

Sounds pretty based

Because actors have clauses in their contracts that say their face needs to be visible X amount of the time.

That's why Spider-Man always loses his mask.

The funny thing about the movie is how the climax was pretty much the exact opposite to that of Man of Steel. At some points it even felt like a middle finger to Snyder.

Get in line

Because CC Beck was an incredible character designer who created a bevy of enduring characters.

>did not even have a great vision for a dark Batman

A bitter, broken down Batman who's losing sight of his mission after years of activity and slowly corrupting his mission to become a villain is exactly the sort of story fit for a dark Batman.

>TDK
>Dark

Is this a joke?

muh face, muh emote

So that wasn't CGI but a practical effect. That's kinda awesome.

Wait, is Sobek from 52 in this?

Badass.
This.

Attached: E60C494C-DF52-4C97-978A-37DD0358A892.png (1200x900, 276K)

I find that hard to believe, he's a theater actor and in theater they sometimes do one person dialogues where they pretend they are talking to other people or interacting wit objects that aren't there just for practice. If anything he should be used to that kind of stuff.

>Because actors have clauses in their contracts that say their face needs to be visible X amount of the time.
This reminds me of what my US Government professor said, that the only goal of being a politician is re-election.

to be fair, if I could play a Crocodile man, you'd better believe that I would!

Me too, brother croc.

Attached: 1533800002377.png (1280x722, 419K)

Doesn't he as a stage actor always have interaction with the audience though? Even if they don't talk, both actors and viewers react to each other in other ways. For example that's why you can't eat during the spectacle, because actors would unconsciously start producing too much saliva.

that's not at all what theater is like. you're talking about either an audition monologue, which is only used for auditions, or a soliloquy, which is an internal thought process that doesn't need other characters to evolve. An actor can't be placed in front of cardboard cut outs of people and be expected to give the same performance as they would face to face. McKellan was essentially a glorified voice actor for all the separation he felt from the main cast

You can eat during a lot of shows they just hate crinkly wrappers

My neck hurts just looking at that

Any good shots of Mary being tentacle raped? Kinda wish she looked the same in her powered form
plus I need references for something I'm making so I need pics of her costume and Lust too

Okay, anons of Yea Forums!
DC has granted you the one and only chance you have to make a Shazam villain of your very own!
This character would play a pivotal role in the new Shazam! book.
But you need to fill this criteria.

>Whats their name?
>What do they look like?
>What powers fo they have?
>Whats special about them?
>How would you market them?

Godspeed Yea Forums and your future creative endeavours!

Attached: whos-who-15-monster-society.jpg (1200x632, 686K)

Because it IS a cartoon, it was goofy even compared to other comics at the time

I love how they didn't generically kill Sivana off at the end, now he can show up in a sequel and possibly have character development.

I would have liked a throw away line explaining why he can't just open a quick door back to the Sanctum and steal the demons again.

The best practical effects make the audience question if it's real or not

>I would have liked a throw away line explaining why he can't just open a quick door back to the Sanctum and steal the demons again.
Yeah, that was a bit confusing, considering how easily he got in the first time around upon learning the right combination, but eeeh.
I hope he gets out of prison by walking through a wall via math next time.

Yeah I highly doubt in today's society they are going to include someone named Captain Nazi.

We need more actors like Karl Urban in Dredd saying, "I don't care if they dont see my face, I want this to be accurate".

maybe billy changed the combination cuz he knew he'd try that

>Monty Sterling
>Giant Purple Hairy Monster with Six Arms
>Super Strength, durability, enhanced prowesss, a Sonic Shout and he transform into his usual kid self
> A Young Boy Experimented On by a milk company seeking to create a milk that is capabale of maturing children very quickly, he is now capable of turning into an a hulking beast
>Probably as an enemy/rival Billy deals with as a kid

Shazam gets a movie release.
There will never be a TICK movie

He’s already had like 3 shows

I thought this was in cg and thought oof another poor cg. Guess I was wrong

The Ticks a hard sell man. Just be glad he's had shows

Straight white male villain named captain nazi? Sjw will love him in ironic way.

I dunno, with Hollywood's tendecy to change the race and sexuality of characters pretty much on a daily basis for diversity?
I want my black Captain Nazi. Are you racist against black people, DC?

hangup about the actor being able to emote and express like a human

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 218K)

Brendan Frasier and Matt Bormer do get a few scenes of their face here and there, but yeah the work that has gone into the physical acting in Doom Patrol is amazing.

Weird. I really thought they were. And bad CGI at that. Man, that's crazy.

Give him on-and-off-again sexual tension with Captain Communist.

fuck forgot my >

He voiced Mister Mind too.

Hope he continues to do so because that voice was creepy

>Gusion
>Anthropomorphic Mandrill woman with the old-timey "fertile" bodytype, flowing summoner/mage style garb
>Access and command of the Lesser Key of Solomon, time-sight and answer divination
>She serves as a sort of blemish on Solomon's supposedly faultless wisdom and takes to a more playful but cruel utilization of future reading and devil summoning
>Had the idea of her giving everyone in a city telepathic and telekinetic powers, sitting back and then watching them go nuts, eventually turn on each other and burn down their own society

Attached: 011-Seal-of-Gusion-q100-1358x1374.jpg (1358x1374, 433K)

Practical effects in MY capeshit?!

It's more likely than you think!

Talk about Trench with the Stench

Attached: file.png (960x640, 918K)

>Whats their name?
Lady Suprema
>What do they look like?
A history teacher who is a transforming hero like Billy when she transforms she becomes a beautiful lady wearing a toga like costume
>What powers do they have?
She has the powers/traits of the wives/lovers of the characters that make the letters of Shazam
>Whats special about them?
She can be both an ally or an enemy of Billy depending if her magic medallion gives her the Charm of Naamah (the wife of Salomon), the eternal life of Hebe (The last wife of Hercules), and the fertility of Pleione the nymph (the wife of Atlas) making her an ally to Billy. On the other if she gets the Scorn of Juno (Zeus wife), the abandonment of Deidamia (the wife of Achiles), and the Loquacity of Laruda (the wife of Mercury) she becomes a crazy girlfriend type of enemy.
>How would you market them?
As the obligatory girlfriend character that any franchise eventually gets.

Christ all mighty this took too much effort and research for a simple joke.

Attached: f33aa14fba3ef3d9eaa817d967f73e0d[1].jpg (431x720, 38K)

Probably you need to use the door used by Shazam as a gateway together with the symbols. You can't just write it anywhere and get access if you have no magic.