So will the next Avatar be able to connect with all of their past lives or just with Korra?

So will the next Avatar be able to connect with all of their past lives or just with Korra?

Attached: cfaa9fe656fd2ecd92ac222df0a3722f[1].jpg (640x960, 54K)

The Avatar is a thing of the past and not worth anything in the modern world. Yea Forums said so and clamored for that angle in anything beyond AtLA so it wouldn't matter if any Avatar in the more modern era could connect with the past.

I'm really glad Korra was such a shitty Avatar that not only did she fail to keep the spirit world separate, the Avatar's one fucking job, she also allowed all of her previous lives to be murdered.

Meanwhile, a 12 year old idiot defeated an omnicidal madman without murdering him, save countless lives, brought all the nations together after a century of conflict, and did not seek revenge for the genocide of his people.

Somewhere along the way they crossed the line of flawed into complete incompetency.

Barely anyone finds Korra memorable for anything besides being a huge fuck up and being bi which she was only confirmed by writers in the last minute after people assumed the final scene actually implied it.

Didn't Aang sever his connection to his past lives in the comic as well? Can anyone confirm if those are canon?

Arguably in an era where modernity supplants the spiritual, the Avatar is needed most to keep people from becoming atheist fedoras

He broke it temporary but he reestablished it because he's Aang. Similar to how it was severed in the animated series but then was reestablished as he was resurrected by the super healing water.

season 2 was a mistake.

>be the latest link in a chain of reincarnation going back ten thousand years, with access to the combined knowledge and experience of generations of Avatars
>piss it all away and restart the Avatar Cycle from scratch, which means that future Avatars will have to make do with your useless (but admittedly well-toned) ass instead of the accumulated wisdom of all prior Avatars

How can one person be so overwhelmingly incompetent?

The White Lotus sheltered her and fucked up her spiritual growth because they missed the point of the Avatar and chose all her masters for her as well as choosing everything she did in her day to day for over a decade.

The next Avatar is dealing with Cold War Tensions as the Four Nations enter the Atomic Age

Korra's advice is start a war, and to always put your relationships as first priority

Would Korra even have kids? she's in a relationship with a girl but what man do you think she would allow to smash and pass her clunge?

The water merely revived the dying Avatar spirit within Aang but the shock temporarily prevented Aang from connecting to most of his past lives and entering the Avatar state. In Korra's case, Raava who served as the conduit to all the Avatars was taken out of her, destroyed directly and reborn and repurposed, and in the process, all previous Avatars whose spirits were connected to Raava were completely severed, effectively ending the previous Avatar cycle. So unless Korra or the next Avatar at some point manages to restore Raava's connection to past Avatars, it starts anew with Korra as the base.

>Korra's advice
Best thing about having her as your only advice is all you have to do is do the opposite of what she tells you to do

So then how is it that Raava still can have the other three elements for the Avatar to access if she was put back to factory zero?

Didn't she already have the ability to access all four elements?

>Korra's advice is start a war, and to always put your relationships as first priority

I would take advice from literally anyone else from that universe before I took advice from Korra. I would take advice from Azula before Korra, even though I know full well that said advice would only be given to manipulate me in some scheme Azula came up with months before I asked her for advice. That's how little I trust Korra. She's hot as hell, and probably a beast in the sack, but sagely and wise, she is certainly NOT.

No, the Lion Turtles specifically gave Raava and Wan each element, but Wan's body couldn't handle more than one element without Raava

>it starts anew with Korra as the base.

Imagine what Korra's successor will inevitably go through: finding out that they're the Avatar, thinking they'll get to commune with the spirits of all previous Avatars, and then finding out that they're all gone, deader than dead, and instead of getting sagely advice from all their predecessors they're stuck with the stupid bitch who rebooted the Avatar Spirit to factory settings and wiped the whole fucking slate clean. I'd feel ripped off.

Best case scenario, she'll be an Obi-Wan to the next Avatar trying to keep them from fucking up as bad as she did

Still a downgrade from what Korra had and pissed away. She's the boomer of the Avatar Cycle.

Honestly I'd like a more unscrupulous Avatar at this point.
Instead of being peaceful and nice like Aang and or a Headstrong Meathead like Korra, I want him to be extremely shady and edgy
It'd be a good contrast to see him contemplating whether or not to attack his enemies in their sleep or to play it by ear to solve the problem.
No "DARK AVATAR" bullshit, he's not evil but the method of doing things is definitely less noble than his predecessors.
Using Keikaku and Finesse to solve the problems instead of Diplomacy or stupidly going into battle at the most inopportune times.

Attached: 1554267013125.jpg (2668x2169, 1.25M)

So basically Four Elements Trainer?

No matter how bad life gets it's nice to know that I could never fuck up nearly as bad a Korra.

You wouldn't take advice from Korra as she currently is now because she's a hormonal teenager. Maybe when she's like 25+ and has better control over her vagina and emotions, she'd probably be better at doing this kind of stuff.

>what Korra had and pissed away
How did she "piss it away"?

She let the red lotus kill it

But her Uncle wasn't Red Lotus anymore?

Isn't that what Yang Chen was?

Who cares if she has kids or not?

>aang's spirit is destroyed in a one second flash on screen by the worst villain in the avatar franchise
>bumi and kya talk shit about him in their weird subplot and it's implied that he was kind of a shitty dad and favored tenzin
>korra never really talks to aang aside from like once when she has amnesia
>bryke talk shit about aang in the commentary, comparing korra's genuinely unstable behavior to aang losing appa, the last connection he has to his nation and past
>fucking wan is given slightly more screentime than aang as his soul is destroyed, like we're supposed to be more sad for him than aang
boy bryke kind of fucking hated aang didn't they

Probably. Actually, I kinda get this feeling that Aang's plot was supposed to go in a different direction than how it was currently written, particularly with his relationship to Katara. You ever notice how Katara actually has a lot more in common with Zuko and is even closer in age to him yet she ended up with Aang instead?

Jesus that's Jared Shapiro levels of meddling
Don't open that can of worms, I actually like KatAang and think Zuko's arc was better without a love interest distraction

>You ever notice how Katara actually has a lot more in common with Zuko and is even closer in age to him yet she ended up with Aang instead?
kek

>She let the red lotus kill it
It was her uncle and vaatu, if you're going to criticize something at least remember what you're criticizing.
Besides, Korra didn't 'let' the avatar cycle get destroyed any more than Aang 'let' Azula hit him with lightning.

To be fair: The White Lotus organization sheltering her for most of her life really fucked things up. The journey the avatar goes on to different lands and the teachers they meet there is a very important part of the reincarnation cycle that was left out with Korra. It caused her to have a massive naivete.

This.

Keeping her in a barren area of the south pole effectively kneecapped her spiritually. Especially since she already was less inclined to spiritual matters.

I do like that season 3 heavily implies that it was the Red Lotus attack when she was a toddler that caused the White Lotus to freak out and overly shelter her. (Along with hinting that it was this event that caused the death of Sokka)