Why is he so boring?

Why is he so boring?

Attached: 4FA2E43A-544D-46FC-ADEE-95521BDDBCC1.jpg (1988x997, 271K)

Because he's a statement, not a character and writers are afraid of giving any traits that could be perceived as negative which, in this climate, can be basically any trait whatsoever.

Because we really didn’t need another Bat Family member, and Snyder wanted his “signature” on Batman despite the fact that it didn’t work the first time with Harper

What the actual fuck is this shit?

Unfortunately this. Priest could make him interesting like he did Wally but too many white writers fall back on abject vanilla boredom.

I just started reading Batman chronologically. Haven't gotten to New 52 yet. What is he in so I know what to avoid when I get there?

Just skip all Synder

I just love how the fangirls try to add him to their fanarts as the “nice guy” of the batfamily cause he doesn’t have any other personality traits.

Attached: 5733DDED-70F1-4E80-B052-88104329C47E.jpg (750x751, 282K)

Duke Thomas is a Scott Snyder creation introduced in Joker Endgame, featured prominently in Robin War, and occasionally has appeared since under the guise “The Signal”.

Kek he doesn’t even show up till zero year or whatever that arc was called

I said what I said.

What is his theme supposed to be?
He just looks like a weird 90s Batman toy variant.

He's literally Kick-Ass but with no personality.

Too edgy on his solo stores.
When he's with the X-Men there's more of an opportunity for character dynamics and personality conflicts, but when it's just Wolverine writers just want to show off how awesome he is and it just comes out as repet... oh, wait.

Unironically Johns giving terrible advice to snyder.

He's the Batman of daytime or some such thing.

elaborate

That's why the majority of the #HASHTAG heroes failed. They were just soulless diversity robots. Literal fad characters.

It's frustrating watching DC and Marvel salt the earth for new characters with this bullshit.

Attached: Strong female characters.png (1008x403, 377K)

Cause he hasn't done anything for a while.

Attached: ALL NIGHT.gif (127x127, 247K)

Not everything is Johns fault you autist

I think the first 11 issues of his run are definitely worth reading. He peaked very early on with that and Black Mirror, but then fell hard.

I don't know who this is, but they look like a bland twitter OC. What's his name?

Because he's unnecessary to the batfamily? I mean Batman already has a ton of sidekicks and Duke doesn't really excel/is better than what the other Robins can do. I mean Duke is said to be a great detective but pretty sure Tim is better also Tim has that inventive aspect. Also both his parents are alive

This, there is no reason for Duke to exist. They could have made him his own character with an actual personality but nope.

Yep.

Attached: skeleton_pimp.jpg (261x300, 19K)

just needs a little more personality. the concept isn't bad

fpbp

What happened to him is a shame, because he actually had a personality in We Are Robin, but it vanished once he officially got into the Bat family

>the 5th Batman Sidekick in the last 25 years isn't a bad idea

He should have gone his own way like the Huntress or any other Gotham hero that isn’t part of the batfam.

Because Yea Forums is just straightup racist and treat black characters with a double standard.

tumblr.

>muh racism
Tell me something about Duke’s personality apart from the fact that he’s nice

Attached: AE221198-B835-43D0-AE8D-7DF2CFF6ADE5.jpg (1278x993, 121K)

This

He's oppressed

HIS PARENTS WERE HIT BY JOKER TOXIN LMAO.

He's easy going and laid back but deals with the trauma of his parents being jokerized by looking for a fight. Boastful but has the skills and talent to back it up.

This doesn't count
For some reason

So Rick Grayson

First of all it's ric and second of all what Does Dick grayson have besides being the nice guy?

It’s Dick, you faggots

A nice ass.

Dick is a competent leader and a redhead pussy destroyer

>Boastful but has the skills and talent to back it up

Attached: C4187859-C43D-4511-BA20-5D7D0EC1571B.jpg (375x375, 10K)

>chill happy-go-lucky attitude
>likes to banter while crimefighting
>generally very sweet and extremely charismatic which is why he gets along with most of the people he meets
>good brother and always there for the senpai, loyal
>natural leader
>sucks at maintaining a relationship and being a boyfriend sometimes
>is a bit emotionally stunted but deals with it differently than Bats
>can be a bit of a manchild and a fuckboy when it comes to dealing with his relationships

Family*

Snyder was forced to create some OCs due not having all the formed batfamily members, he creates duke but never truly develops him, hewas ready to ditch him but then he talked to Johns so he could get an idea of what to do with him. Johns is the one that encouraged him. Also, reminder that Johns adviced him on Mr Freeze.
Cry more Johnsfag

Attached: johns.png (637x224, 38K)

I thought he was D-man at first.

Bat Senpai Teen Sentai.

Yellow - Signal
Black - Orphan
Purple - Spoiler
Blue - Blue Jay
Red - Red Robin

That's all I want. I want Batman's team of teenagers with Attitude

>wanting harper in anything

Attached: 075FA81D-8672-440F-98F3-3789D16A98B5.jpg (770x514, 52K)

Just put her in the hands of a competent writer and do anything with her. Just anything. And it'll be fine. She belongs in a teen ensemble story and not how they tried to present her initially