Men write a female superhero screenplay

>men write a female superhero screenplay
>the heroine is likable and endearing
>women write a female superhero screenplay
>heroine is unlikable shrewish cunt
why does this happen?

Attached: wonder-woman-captain-marvel-posters.jpg (1200x550, 201K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gxni6VZd4II
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

CM was written and directed by men too. The director was a duo

Women think their passive agresiveness and judgemental mentality is cute and endearing

Wonder Woman was heralded as a female empowerment project helmed by a crew of all female staff with a womens only pre screening event. It was even worse than Captain Marvel.

that was just marketing, most of the production was male

All the CM stuff was just marketing too, including that "strongest Avenger" stuff. You just don't like it

dont forget relatable.
but just to women. also they think a woman with out flaws and growing from them is unrealistic.

no, CM was mostly written by women

>womens only pre screening event.
when do guys get to have that?

Didn't knew WW was written by a woman, but don't worry, sex has nothing to do with that movie sucking. The lack of talent does.
They should have done what Marvel did, and actually hire people that knows what they are doing.

ssh, don't confuse DCucks with facts.
They are using the "women bad" strawman to attack marvel now, this doesn't fit their retarded narrative.

Supergirl, Catwoman, Elektra are all also written by men and the protagonists shoot beyond the likable/unlikable scale into downright incomprehensible

go dilate, marvel trannies

>Implying WW wasn't blatantly about femnist propaganda, where in CM there is just the flashback scenes that hints at it

Yeah, i don't think you have watched Wonder Woman.
All the movie was here and the amazons say "fuck the men", "man are silly", "men are silly" for the sake of it.

>women write female superhero
> 1 billion dollars worth of people want to see it
Why can't DC get their shit together?

By a beta cuck, you mean.

>SEETHING
Stay salty,friend

>They should have done what Marvel did, and actually hire people that knows what they are doing.
Sure. How does that apply to Captain Marvel?

David F. Sandberg directed Captain Marvel too?!
Geez, how could have he done such a good job with it and yet fail so badly with Flopzam.

OP here, I never mentioned feminism, I was referring to which character is more likeable

Okay am I losing it or weren't both of these films directed by women? Captain Marvel had both a woman and a man directing it so OP's post doesn't make sense

Can’t wait for the thread to die down and turn into a bunch of anons asking for WW and Captain Marvel smut.

WW because she was a fish out of water.

>insult shrewish Captain Marvel
>Marveltards take it as a declaration of war
god you virgins are pathetic, Carol wouldn't save your incel asses

I am pretty sure that WW had an affair with Billy Batson at some point.

Screenplay writer and director are 2 different people. James Cameron wrote the screen play for battle angle but Robert Rodriguez directed it

Dear DCuck, you are here defending WW, i don't think you will ever understand what quality means.

They're both uncharismatic. One is pushing feminism heavy handedly so that one is worse.

Wait what comic?
Elseworlds or Canon?

Oh yeah, brick wall Gal Gadot was such a likeable character, on par with the other two brick walls that made the DCEU trinity.

>One movie had on one writer
>The other had five

>DCuck still seething his film got blown the fuck out by Spider-Man

Why are you so obsessed with trans people's genitals that you think it's somehow an effective way to diss people?

I'm not a DCuck, I don't have allegiances to corporations you sad little man

screenwriters, not directors

there was a reason behind it though, The thysmcara or how ever you called it could have 0 men allowed. Of course they have xenophobia against dudes.
Captain Marvel was just "white men are bad" "and girls cant do ____" in the 90s.
World War 1 Era was ripe with men being misogynists, it worked in that context.
In Captain Marvel it didnt.

>written to appeal to male audiences
>written to prioritize her own agency even if that means taking a jab at the patriarchy

There. You're upset because you're not a woman.

>World War 1 Era was ripe with men being misogynists, it worked in that context.
WW1 era England was probably the least misogynistic place on the planet, it was an infamously chivalrous place that treated women better than men

>Um, we didn't have sexism in the 90s

Zoomer, please.

dilate.

it was written for a Male audience? They really missed the mark there.

how was WW written to appeal to male audiences, exactly?

>it was an infamously chivalrous place that treated women better than men

Women couldn't even vote until the war was over.

it was to protect them

They had an all female screening right?
People got mad at that lel.

I always thought that this "they do not deserve you" comments refer to humans in general. And the movie seems to be going that direction anyway and gender has nothing to do with that. So it wasn't particularly jarring for me.

It's not like the Amazons were shitting on Steve Trevor for being a man. They just treated him like a two-headed cow, which makes sense in context.

I'm 33, and no there wasnt as much as misogyny in 90s as it was in the 1920s.
Plus the things that Captain Marvel was focusing on werent just little girl situations, everyone went through it, and what's insulting as to how tame it was compaired to real shit. So really the 90s werent bad at all since they had movies about girls playing boy sports. You just choose to ignore them because you like feeling like a victim.

that's fine, gender segregation is mostly a good thing anyway

>>women write a female superhero screenplay
>>heroine is unlikable shrewish cunt
I found Captain Marvel likeable.

was that before or after your gf took the strap on out of your ass?

Me too. I agree, Shazam was cool in that movie.

based

I get that and its ok.
Why do people get so mad at these girls anyway.
Personally, I find both serviceable but nothing flashy or special. The sequel should improve their strengths in the first movie and fix the weaknesses they have there too just like all sequels should in theory.

>and no there wasnt as much as misogyny in 90s as it was in the 1920s.

But that isn't the argument. You asserted the 90s didn't have real sexism so female empowered didn't work in CM, unlike with 1910s and WW, which implies you think unless it's blatant in your face "you don't have rights" sexism then it doesn't count, which is juvenile and incredibly stupid and narrow way to view things.

I couldnt, I mean for what they focused on as her motivation, instead of being brain washed, they focused on her little girl moments that was so shallow and insulting.

None of that is true. In fact twitter was upset at DC and patty precisely for having a mostly male production staff and the women2only screening was a fan event conducted by one theater that DC/WB had nothing to do with. Marvel had to organize their own fan screenings because no one would have done one otherwise.

Attached: NENgSH1jFpqyQW_1_1.jpg (1024x683, 364K)

there was no sexism in either era

imagine Gadot getting gangbanged by all those manlets

And yet the film still flopped. Why is that?

Absolutely based

Attached: shazam.gif (300x202, 789K)

>sexism doesn't exist
The battle cry of the incel

Wonder Woman was directed solely by Patty Jenkins and had a male screenwriter.

Captain marvel was directed by a man and a woman, i don't know their names, and had their screenplay written by a woman.

Neither WW nor CM flopped.

>But that isn't the argument. You asserted the 90s didn't have real sexism so female empowered didn't work in CM
no I fucking didnt, I said the misogyny didnt work in context in the 90s because it only focused on white men. Not that wasnt any. They chose to force this narrative that big mean whitey is keeping poor Carol down.
Where in 1920s it would make a lot more sense. In the 90s girls were allowed to do all those things and encouraged, the only thing that was right was the airforce part. The rest was shallow and ridiculous.

>World War 1 Era was ripe with men being misogynists, it worked in that context.

Those poor women having to deal with sexism while men were slaughtered by the tens of millions when not busy living in holes in the mud

I'm not an incel, I just have superior taste

Attached: 1554981045829.jpg (1200x600, 338K)

Any hero movie worth it's grain makes 1 billion box office. Marvel set that standard

there's no point debating with feminists on these types of issues, they have no historical perspective and don't understand the horror of WW1 and how it destroyed Europe

>800 million and a higher rt score than infinty war and captain carol.
>Flop
What sad, delusional little man you are.

>sexism then it doesn't count, which is juvenile and incredibly stupid and narrow way to view things.
huh so focusing on a narrow group of sex and race wasn't? Because guess what sexism isn't as bad compaired to the shit in the 1920s yet you act like it is. Not to mention all the progress that went on in the 90s that is completely ignored, but please go on about how you couldnt play baseball cuz your imagination told you couldnt cuz you were a girl.

Based Marvel getting with the times instead of being outdated

So that means 90% of all marvel movies are flops
Jez what shitshow of a franchise.

if liking ugly negro women is part of the times, consider me old fashioned

the 1920s weren't sexist, stupid tranny

>couldn't outperform Marvels Spider-Man

Mary.
How can you forget based Mary Marvel you monster?

Attached: Grace_Fulton.jpg (667x1000, 81K)

retard reread the post before posting

Most people in power in the 90s were white men, why are you trying to cry about that? Things like a black president was completely unheard of in that period.

I don't consider you at all. Your time is up and you'll fade with the times

Literally first thing my pals mentioned at the end of the movie is how nice she was.

go dilate you fucking loser, maybe someday your dad will fuck you in that axe wound you call a vagina, just like he fucked your ass growing up

Exactly. That only barely makes them better than DC with 100% flops

>Gadot
>likeable

I guess we saw different movies.

I'll probably live longer than you because I am not a mentally ill liberal

>Not even girls want to be girls so long as our feminine archetype lacks force, strength, and power. Not wanting to be girls, they don't want to be tender, submissive, peace-loving as good women are. Women's strong qualities have become despised because of their weakness. The obvious remedy is to create a feminine character with all the strength of Superman plus all the allure of a good and beautiful woman.
WMM said it best.

You know I never understood how Aquaman never gets cucked by Mera.
>10/10 perfect body.
>Arthur always busy, hangs out with JL and goes on weird adventures.
>Husbands Main Nemesis is a Bald Buff Black man who would do anything to fuck up his life.
In fact Aquaman seems to cuck Mera more often with him dicking Wondy and (maybe) Dolphin.

Wow, so many empty words that manage to insult nobody.

WW was the most boring part of her own movie, I'm assuming the same applies to Carol.

>Most people in power in the 90s were white men, why are you trying to cry about that? Things like a black president was completely unheard of in that period.
old white guys, who had nothing to do with little Carol davers not being allowed to ride a go cart. Look at the 90s again and just because some old dudes were in power doesnt mean all of them were. You just want someone to blame because you are bored.
90s was ripe with women in power and was growing, ofcourse you forget that because this isnt about equality for you it's about beating men in an imaginary scoreboard. Stop looking at the fantasy that you want to live and look at reality. There were women in power and it continues to grow to this day, people like you bitching about how it was SOOOO HARD in the 90s when you were a kid you had it far more easy than your mother. So try again, blame white men again for your failures instead of fixing your "perfect" little self.

wow you are an idiot, reading comprehension is just right out the window for you huh.

>women continue to grow in power
>USA continues to declines in every metric
there's a poetical metaphor here somewhere

Just saw captain marvel last weekend after shazam and it really is amazing how much objectively better Wonder Woman was. And Shazam too.

I guess that's the difference a director with talent makes versus the literal who's marvel pulled out of the tv pit.

go take your medication tranny freaks, I know you get triggered easily

>doesn't name a single one

we have more women in Congress than we ever had before. look again.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg
wow that was hard golly gee you want me to list more for you? You want a white man to do all your feminist homework for you. Hmm seems I am a better feminist than you are.

I am european so I don't really get it, why does the USA blame white men for all it's problems?

Good. My children with have something to show their kids at the museum exhibits for relics of the past

Well, she IS being played by Amber Heard so her cucking Aquaman comes off as something natural for her.

learn to read retard

Amber would never be unfaithful, take that back

And yet nobody wants to actual pay to see them. Really jogs the ol noggin. It's almost like people asked "is DC worth it?" And the answered with their wallets

your children will never go to museums, they will be cashing in their welfare checks to buy some drugs

My children will be bankers, doctors, stock brokers because I married a high quality white woman and not a NIGGER

>trying to have a civil discussion
>DCtard throws a tantrum
Never gets old

popularity does not equal quality my friend

Idk Momoa is a pretty attractive as well.
God perfect couples (physically) have the most open of relationships.

You're comparing men willingly going to war to women were being treated akin to property who had no rights when it came to things like voting or owning property. It wasn't until like the sixties that women could even open a bank account for themselves without first needing a male relative's permission to do so.

as if you know anything about physically attractive people

well not only that I was saying sexism didnt mean shit to what happened in the 1920s. for some reason he thinks sexism = 1920s

Sorry, I'm too busy picking the crops you started slavery over to be bothered with it.

that was for their own protection, women are happier and safer when they let men lead them

lol, nigger

There is no civil discussion in a bait thread apparently.
Honestly you guys should just make your own board call it /cc/ “Capeshit and Complaints”.

Serious question, are you trolling or are you really this insecure about captain marvel being a bad movie? It's kind of sad.

>old white guys, who had nothing to do with little Carol davers not being allowed to ride a go cart.

Uh, old white guys were the one's with power and fighting against allowing gays and women serving in the exact same capacity as straight men.

>#NOTALLMEN!

So it's really about your own male victimhood. Typical.

>shitty cbm written by a woman
Hold my meowmix.

Attached: 51mtSDUW1xL._SY445_.jpg (316x445, 38K)

what are you talking about, faggots have always had the exact same rights as everyone else

so to be clear. You are trying to say that you are picking crops as a slave, or you are simply making it up for shock factor because it's easy to blame white men of today for something they had no control over with the white men of colonial times?
Wow you are pathetic. of you were a slave you wouldnt be on Yea Forums.

Unironically white guilt. Their ancestors did a naughty thing to one minority or another and instead of moving on and constructively learning from their mistakes, those dumb, obnoxious white kids overcopmensate, guilt-trip and flagellate themselves in front of everyone and expect the rest of the world to do the same on their behalf. Most of the other countries doesn't possess American white guilt, so it's not working as intended, which infuriates them even more. It's dumb but cute.

Why do WW and CM have to fight at all? Can't they just lesbian each other?

lesbians are icky

Sure. You don't know anything about Amber Heard, do you?

They don't.
t. fellow Euro

>insecure my favorite studio is raking in money to make more good films
Its always funny how you Dcucks start crusades about how bad marvel films will be and then have to work so fucking hard to cope when they break all kinds of records.
>no ass
>foot fungus
>terrible actor
>incel trigger
>debut character
>is still better than 99% of DC films

it's all vicious rumors, none of it has been proven true

>Uh, old white guys were the one's with power and fighting against allowing gays and women serving in the exact same capacity as straight men.
Uh Ooh let's look at the men who did fight for women's RIGHTS! oh Berny Sanders is one of them, Gasp look at this we even had female senators in Washington! gasp! looks like you dont even pay attention to recent history! It must be easy for people like you to ignore facts, blaming men aka "typical Male victimhood" literally proves you are sexist and racist. Great step forward for feminism guys, Girl blames men for everything because she is a failure.

>Ancestors
That explains Mexicans and how they're a "problem" now too. Lazy whites still can't do real work and yell at those that do

Marveltards are so pathetic they will accept any kind of bullshit in their film as long as it sells good, literal cuckoldry

besides its ok when DC employees do it.

yet you keep coming here instead of fixing your own fucking country.

I'm British so never met a Mexican but they look smelly and criminal, I wouldn't want them here

As much as I hate to contribute to Tard Wars, DC films make just as many compromises, and often these end up being praised as "improvements", even when they really aren't.
Why is that?

She hasn't even done anything wrong

so she hurt Johnny Depp's finger, so what?

so it's ok when a girl does it?

When majority of the elective body was white males, who did not support gay people in the military for example, it's entirely fair to speak of them as a collective group.

>She hasn't even done anything wrong
>so she hurt male fee-fees, so what?

DC films have been mishandled but at least the fanboys admit to it

Ah, so you're a genuinely insecure autist. Gotcha. I'll move along now.

no it's not, because if it was then you have to factor in the fact that white men ended up voting them in! Since they had the power and gays were allowed into the military, then you fucking point is completely moot.

Fine you can have your waifu Amber.
Grace is cuter anyway.

Attached: You Must Be New Here.jpg (311x311, 82K)

I miss this reaction pic.

when a woman is 10/10 it's okay for her to be abusive

good luck doing that in any 3rd world country

men want to give women the benefit of the doubt but women know how cunty they are from experience

>and gays were allowed into the military

They weren't, the best compromise the 90s managed to do was Don't Ask, Don't Tell so that technically the government wasn't discriminating you based on your sexual orientation anymore if they didn't know for a fact someone was gay but if you got caught being gay you would still get booted out.

>caught being gay
first off yeah they were. The majority of the house and Senate was till white and Male, and as for ask dont tell, you simply just didnt tell. You couldnt be asked if you were gay, that was the point, not for being gay. People would know but never say anything. It was officials that couldnt ask if you were gay. So try again. Because you dont even know our own laws.

you could still be gay in the military, just don't go around sucking cocks

Company wars

Wonder Woman had the advantage of being actually good, which balances it all out. CM, not so much.

>You couldnt be asked if you were gay, that was the point, not for being gay. People would know but never say anything

Really explains things like McVeigh v. Cohen where the Navy was investigation McVeigh's sexual orientation due to his AOL email account name and user profile (boysrch).

maybe because he might have been a pedophile.

Oh, get over it. Does age of your lover really matter that much? Love is love.

LOL, are you serious right now? having sex with children? dude I know we are on Yea Forums but wow! Feminists straight up defends pedophilia I never thought I see the day.

Attached: 1553258794773.jpg (204x248, 22K)

>It's not about superheroes. This is the method of universal storytelling that all people have... To me, they're the same as the Greek myths or the Roman myths or religious figures of every religion. These are common characters that we use to express stories about being a better person or what you would do when faced with various things.

Patty Jenkins, WW director

Relax, I'm not this crazy feminist. I'm just fucking with you. Still, I've heard those kind of "arguments" from radical left-wingers before.

she's right, comic book heroes are just modern interpretations of old legends

dude pretending to be retarded is still very retarded.

I remember of the old spider-person myth. Where he traversed different univers while riding with his friend Ghost Chariot.

This woman gets it. Make your story universal and appreciable by anyone. Such movies stand the test of time the best.

Nothing in the court case indicates any like that. They were investigating if he was gay and then pressed to discharge him for being gay when they managed to connect the account to McVeigh . Not because they suspected him of pedophilia.

But you've heard the story of Heracles? Perseus? Oddyseus? Jason? Who were they if not ancient superheroes? Greek myths even had their crossovers. Like Heracles hanging out with Jason and Odysseus. Superheroes are older then some think.

Got nothing on my bro Gilgamesh.

proof? you got the case file on hand? Even then if he was kicked out for being gay, what was he doing that was so gay?

this Einkadu is my jam

Gilgamesh is golden age bullshit. Beowulf is the superior superhero.

true

youtube.com/watch?v=gxni6VZd4II

Fun fact. Julius Caesar was a fanboy of Heracles. He even wrote bunch of fanfics about him. Seriously.

yeah I remember that, one time he wrote a fanfic where he and Hercules fought to see who got to fuck aphrodite

>“Durr Hurr, Mommy a dainty swedish boy just ripped my arms off”.
>”Nooo you can’t just rip my sons arms off”.
>*Gets shanked by a SINGLE dragon*
Pretty good rogues gallery there Beta-wulf faget.

>Bends over RT to remove 54000 negative reviews
>Disrespecfully uses Stan Lee's twiter to promote the move as response to all the negative atention the actress harnesed
>Suspicious campaigns to "send little girls to see Capitan Marvel"
>Reports of completely booked screenings that where completely empty
>Sending the actress to the cinema in a completely desperate pr move
Billy is the most charming character we've had in a superhero movie in years, Aquaman made massive profit (almost as much as Infinity War in China), and Wonder Woman was literally the turning page fo DC in movies BECAUSE it didn't flop.

Did the Egyptians have heroes? Genuinely curious

Laudes Herculae - somewhere between 50 and 46 BC. He wrote yet another one about Oedipus.

>good things sell good
firing off all kinds of neurons

he also wrote heraculaechu.

>all the movies that started following the Marvel formula started turning out good
glad to see DC getting their shit together

Similar to Norse, their heroes are mostly gods. They didn't care about describing mortal deeds as much, unless you were some hotshot nobility.

Sure, I don’t know who specifically but I think they do have some.

Amenhotep and Imhotep I guess?

heroes in general were people in power or with power. doing the right thing didnt matter, it was just having power back then.

>DC spending tens of millions on all that negative propaganda and CM still breaks a billion while billy hardly has an opening 1/5th as big
The mouse does it again

I am pretty sure that the marketing tricking you into thinking that Captain Marvel would be extremaly important for Endgame - a massive event MCU has been building up to for 10 years) had nothing to do with that.

>Impling DC had to do anything after the lead actress shat the bed so hard
Marvel "fans" going to watch the characters that killed Marvel Comics because the mouse told them to is a truly inspiring tale.

So like Horus or somebody?

gilgamesh is the prime example. he wasnt a good guy just a powerful one.

>>willingly going to war

Attached: AAA331BC-3FFC-4523-83AA-8737725BE2AC.jpg (1280x720, 120K)

Oh I meant for Egyptian heroes

Black Manta prefers cold blooded murder

Pretty much. Horus is a good example, because he is a stand-in for "Pharaoh". It's more complicated than than that, but that's the gist of it. Although Greek and Norse myths are bit more "epic" in scope than Egyptian ones. Egyptian myths don't have a lot of epic quests and heroes like the Greek myths. It's mostly the cosmology of the world that interested them.

I dunno I never gave a shit

Literally nothing beats Greek mythology, lore, and heroes. They are so in depth and intricate that one is forced to marvel at their beauty. It pains me to think that so much potential is wasted by only utilizing Wonder Woman and Herc as ways to intertwine mythology and fantasy

The fall of the eastern roman empire is more moving than any fiction alone

Attached: dennis-wong-palaiologosfinal2.jpg (1920x2554, 713K)

What about the Indian/Buddhist myth of that guy fighting in Shang ri la

Anubis is technically

>It was even worse than Captain Marvel.

Fuck off, Larson.

Marvel has this entire Norse Pantheon. It's hilariously inaccurate - but it's something. Also DC utilises a lot of Greek myths with WW and ironically Aquaman and fucking Shazam.

Women's fantasy is being horrible and still accepted.

So who uses the Slavs or Hindus

Supergod

This. The moment you give silly girls the right to vote and own property we just started to hate them. By eliminating these factors we can ensure a misogyny-free society where all women are loved for what they are.

Hmm, so what would be a good team of heroes from different pantheons?

Yeah true. I actually read up on a lot of WW lore recently because I wanted to see how accurate it was. I was surprised. That being said there is so fucking much to delve into and they only scratch the surface

Problem of a shared universe I guess

>Ladderfag being a idiot as usual