Live-Action CRUELLA Plot & Cast Details

>Walt Disney Pictures' upcoming 100 DALMATIANS' live-action prequel spinoff CRUELLA, directed by Craig Gillespie ("I, Tonya") and starring Emma Stone ("The Favorite"), is eyeing Dev Patel ("Lion") and Nicole Kidman ("Destroyer") for major supporting roles.

>Set in 1970's London, the movie chronicles how Cruella De Vil, an orphan living on streets with other downthrodden hoodlums, rose to become a wealthy, but cold-hearted fashion industry mogul, and how life on the streets shaped her hatred of dalmatians.

>Patel is in talks for the role of Raj, a "figure from Cruella's past" and the owner of the mischievous dalmatian Pogo, while Kidman is being eyed for The Baroness, "a wealthy aristocrat who antagonizes young Cruella and is pivotal in her transformation to the villain we know today". Charlize Theron ("Long Shot"), Julianne Moore ("Gloria Bell"), Demi Moore ("Animals") and Emma Thompson ("Late Night") are also up for the role.

>Casting is also underway for Cruella's bumbling fellow orphans turned enforcers, Jasper and Horace, who will be played by an African-American actor and a Caucasian actor, respectively.

>CRUELLA is eyeing a possible 2020 release date.

hnentertainment.co/exclusive-dev-patel-circling-disneys-cruella-in-a-new-take-on-a-classic-role/

Attached: Cruella.png (502x659, 521K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8CTeLy3Ujxc
youtu.be/gkj5_LcSZpg
youtube.com/watch?v=zKWt-4FBjHY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: Squidward_Tentacles.png (422x315, 198K)

This sounds retarded.

I can't wait to see the pieces of shit that'll somehow be more evil than the woman that wanted to skin 100 puppies to make Cruella seem not as bad by comparison.

quintessentially british

Why the fuck does anyone want to give Cruella a tragic & complex backstory? She wants to skin puppies for clothing. That's it. There's no deep psychological meaning behind it. Cruella is just a vain, wrathful villainess. Can't she be evil for the sake of being evil?

>Everyone: Why would anyone make this completely unnecessary movie?
>Disney execs:

youtube.com/watch?v=8CTeLy3Ujxc

didn't they already do this 20 years ago?

Attached: 102_dalmatians_poster.jpg (260x383, 29K)

They should just have a Chinese actress play her.

I can't wait for Cruella to become an innocent victim of circumstance with a MAN being the true villain all along.

youtu.be/gkj5_LcSZpg
kino

Emma Stone is too old to play an orphan.

>her nails turn to claws

Attached: 1512841595167.jpg (749x537, 40K)

Doesn’t 101 Dalmatians takes place way earlier than the 1970s?

Attached: 1553054589320.gif (300x200, 1.57M)

It should, but the 1996 remake and subsequent TV series modernized it to the mid-late 90s. So this is nothing new.

>it's another "Lets frame the villains past as tragic instead of just letting the villains be terrible people" movie

Attached: 1478105731280.gif (450x253, 1.95M)

Someone should message Peta and get them riled up on this. Let god sort out the rest of the shitshow.

Attached: 34567543.png (274x237, 83K)

I've been waiting for this moment

Attached: Cruella.jpg (1525x1235, 396K)

I always thought 100 puppies for a coat seemed odd, like it wouldn't take that many for a single coat would it?

Man I'm not even sure 100 puppies would work for a full coat, especially not one that Curella clearly lies to wear, with so much flair, someone should do the math

Attached: cox.gif (220x214, 109K)

>trying to explain a psycopath
>end up making her sympathetic
>make a person who skins dogs for clothing sympathetic
While they're at it, why not give a movie about Hitler's youth a go? Fucking dumbasses, I swear. They're trying hard to make all their villains sympathetic instead of just letting them be the assholes they are

absolutely forgot about this thing

The second one was so goddamn underwhelming. Having seen the first one in the theater as a kid, I was hyped for the second one. Turned out it was forgettable as fuck, don't remember a single thing except a scene taking place in a factory or something. Fuck that movie

People aren't born evil.

>why not give a movie about Hitler's youth a go?

There's already been a few, you fucking idiot.

Where they paint him in a sympathetic light? Learn some basic reading comprehension, you dolt

>more live action remakes

Attached: GreenArrow062p08.jpg (137x396, 19K)

If we consider that a dalmation puppy and a chinchilla are roughly the same size it takes 150 chinchillas to make something like pic related.

Attached: 723979088a180685f094c299e2efb49a.jpg (682x1024, 100K)

Probably the worst idea for a film I've ever seen.

You can be depicted as a sympathetic youth before you get radicalized. Good storytelling is able to do that without whitewashing a genocidal lunatic of his future crimes.

What's the problem? Don't tell me all of you in this thread are vegan?

My point is that
>Hollywood is unable to generate new interesting characters
>Hollywood is currently trying to paint all animated movie villains as sympathetic but would never try to do the same for IRL villains
There's almost not a single movie showing people like Hitler as anything else but 100% psychos even if there's plenty of evidence that shows it wasn't so. I agree that good storytelling is able to do that but Hollywood is just incapable of doing just that

Instead of choosing a villain who may have an actual reason for being evil (Scar being the pariah of his family while being called 'Trash' originally or Jafar dealing with an incompetent dictator and bratty princess while the people of Agrabah suffer in poverty) they chose the absolute WORST Disney villains to sympathize.

>Hades in normal mythology is actually a decent guy who lets Hercules borrow his dog and only has the hots for one chick in his life

>Frollo was a tortured man whose brother was a degenerate asshole that dumped his retard baby on him

>Captain Hook was fucking mutilated by Peter Pan

>Ursula was banished by Triton for reasons that a movie could actually get into

I don't get it, 101 Dalmatians is alright but Cruella is hardly a top tier Disney Villain.

What if she's just a bitch?

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that it's going to be very cheap to make compared to things like Jungle Book, Hercules, etc. Just a thought.

Silly OP, April 1st was over a week ago.
And of all the jokes to make. It's the memes people made when they were dumb enough to give Maleficent a tragic prequel.
But it's still a solid gag worth a laugh.

If they just run 90 minutes of puppies playing this will be fine. They are already fucking it up though. Who the fuck thought Cruella needed a backstory? Her name is Cruella De Vil for fuck's sake it says it all.

And Maleficent is getting another film too.

Disney execs need multiple huge losses in a row and maybe a concussion to stop this shit show.

Reminder that Cruella wanted to kill the puppies and use their fur as a canvas for a painting.

Even other Disney villains think Cruella is fucking evil

youtube.com/watch?v=zKWt-4FBjHY

Hans: I only wished to become a king myself
Facilier: I only wished to not be poor anymore
Sykes: I only wanted my money back
Cruella de Vil: I only wished to have a coat made out of puppies.
Maleficent: What the heck is wrong with you?

>Orphan becomes a mogul of fashion but at the cost of hating dalmatians
>Koopathrali is the only comedy source
>Kidman gives Cruella the lesson "beat fire with fire" by making her as mean as her
>Jasper and Horace are also orphans

Last paragraph is deep considering the cartoon, but GODDAMIT THIS IS SO FUNNY I CAN'T TAKE IT SERIOUSLY