Disney's takeover

Disney is going to buy dc comics. It's inevitable so get used to it.

Attached: uncanny-x-men-141-photo-u1.jpg (600x931, 134K)

DC isnt for sale. They'd have to buy Warner Bros to do that and that shit would not be allowed to happen because of anti-trust laws.

Fox was already stretching it, the government would not allow a merger of that size to occur.

implying that Disney won't just pour millions into the pockets of congressmen to get the law changed.

So you think Disney would spend untold billions of dollars jost to acquire DC when they already have Marvel and Star Wars?

Sounds retarded.

Also WB isnt for sale.

>Disney is the only entertainment megacorp
>Warnermedia is just a little mom and pop operation

Anything's for sale if you have enough money and influence, and basically having a monopoly on entertainment is priceless

>Anything's for sale if you have enough money and influence
Literal 12 year old logic

>basically having a monopoly on entertainment is priceless
You mean something thats fucking illegal?

If Warner Bros. and Disney did merge(and it was allowed for some reason), what would happen?

1984 for Yea Forums & Yea Forums-media (Maybe).

Disney would become another tendril of AT&T

>rumor of WB opening their own American theme park
>selling a big money maker that could be a potential land

I don't think so Jim

Dc & Marvel will come together in one universe. I doubt y'all are ready for that. Disney wants that Batman money, don't you doubt.

I want to believe it would be illegal, but the way Disney keeps prolonging copyright on Mickey...it wouldn't be unheard of.

The real issue is that if Disney did acquire Warner Brothers, and formed a monopoly, what would they do with it? I mean, having control of all those old properties, who cares? What matters is how they go forward; will they create pablum for coporate gain? Will they turn evil and try to mold present day culture? Will new ideas and corporations be able to compete, or will the goal be to create something worth buying and sell out to Disney?

And, even if Disney becomes all powerful in the States, foreign media will always be able to compete at some level. Canada has content laws, and I assume other countries do too, and China will always be there.

There's a questions; will Disney conquer China, will Disney sell out to China, or will Chinese media forever compete with Disney?

Could we get Thunderbolt Jason in a sequel to Spiderman: Homecoming then?

>DC isnt for sale
Dc incels are this dumb

Attached: Days of Futures Inevitable.jpg (594x864, 203K)

Warner bros is bigger than Disney.

What

Attached: giphy.gif (240x266, 3.86M)

Find out next week on Dragon Ball Z!

OP, you may have brain problems

>Liberty is not crying
The only thing that could've make this worthy and they fuck it up

Fox should've never happened, that's too much power for one company

You do realize that all Disney bought was Fox's movie division. All the news, sports, entertainment, etc divisions are still owned by Fox and on top of that the negotiations for a buy out of that size were glacial in both pace and scale.

They bought the entertainment division, what are you talking about. The news and sports stuff Fox is keeping though.

Attached: Amalgam Universe.jpg (500x738, 113K)

Will a Chinese media company create something with appeal outside of China?

and thats a good thing

lol. Literally everything is for sale. No exceptions.

>something that's fucking illegal
Laws don't really apply to multi-billion dollar conglomerates. They might get taken to court, but they'll reliably beat the system almost every time. By either having a judge rule in their favor or by only having to pay a meager fine, which they can easily afford.

Literal 12 year old logic

You're a retarded child i take it then.

First off, to buy something, to bribe someone, you need the receiving party to be willing to accept and agree to the terms. That shit isnt magic, theres no reason for WB to sell DC when DC makes them a shitload of money. Likewise, Disney cant magically buy out laws, they did that in the fucking late 60s/early 70s, you know what exists now that didnt then? The internet.

Immediate, instantanteous spread of information. In aproximately 2 minutes a bomb going off in Taiwan is a news headline in Seattle. In the 70s it might take a few weeks, maybe even never, for news like that to hit the United States. A company in the digital age cant risk the kind of major PR nightmare that would come from brute forcing legislation changes through absurb amounts of bribery and lobbying, it would immediately spark a public relations nightmare with the vulture-like media and the internet, which would translate to an immediate dip in trust from shareholders and stockprices dipping, causing the company to lose the capital and value that allowed them that power to begin with.

Theres a reason that the lobby shit is subtle and slow and hidden, because if it was fast and abrubt and just broke the rules it would cause a cascading nightmare for the company, because information travels at the speed of light now.

>>lol. Literally everything is for sale. No exceptions.
Warner Brothers, the parent company of DC, is owned by AT&T which has a net worth of 200 billion dollars. Disney has a net worth of 130 billion dollars. So no, DC isnt for sale because Disney quite literally cannot afford it. To acquire DC would mean acquiring Warner Brothers which would mean a merger with AT&T which is worth 70 billion dollars more than Disney.

Weren't people talking about Disney buying a toy company like Hasbro next?

as bad as DC has been doing in some areas lately (and they're actually turning things around, albeit slowly) they would have to be fucking downright toxic for WB to be willing to let them go

It's far more likely that ATT just fires everyone currently in charge and headhunts talent from Disney/Marvel than just jettisoning all of their IP. The only reason Fox got rid of their entertainment shit is because Rupert Murdoch realized that making a mockery of reality is more profitable than making literal fiction.

Attached: how_rich_is_batman.jpg (500x250, 153K)

>having a monopoly on entertainment is priceless
Until the monopoly falls apart due to internal and/or external factors. No empire has lasted forever, not even a media empire.

I guess I'm really behind in comicbooks lately. Someone please tell me a bedtime story: I remember n52 sucking balls and Marvel getting all the accolades. Then the situation turned around when DC came up with the Rebirth much to everyone's joy and Marvel went full-on SJW - which apparently almost tanked the company in the process. Now apparently DC sucks again and Marvel is on the rise. So how is it nowadays, because I am slowly losing track here?

Same as it always was, really. The relationship between the two companies is like two BDSM midgets on a seesaw: one is on top and the other on the bottom, then vice versa.

>antitrust laws
>thinking the government exists for any reason other than to serve corporations in the current year

Scholastic unironically dabs all over DC & Marvel

>dabs

Attached: Raina_Telgemeier_2016.jpg (800x1201, 151K)

I'm telling you it's going to happen! They want a lock down on the industry.

Who was top right?