Do we really need six Shazams...

Do we really need six Shazams? I liked the actors playing them in the movies but at a certain point it just becomes kinda stupid. Why not ten? Thirty?
I'm guessing the sequel will be about Mister Mind turning them on one another but it's still feels like this is over the top

Attached: new-marvel-family.jpg (1988x1520, 570K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theworldsmightiestmortal.com/2015/11/introducing-oggar-worlds-mightiest.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There's actually going to be seven, because there are seven seats to fill, and because Geoff Johns sure loves his sevens.

Nobody can enjot a film now unless somebody in it looks like them

>7 deadly enemies of man
>7 seats in the council of wizards
>7 magic realms
>6 letters in Shazam! plus an exclamation point which makes 7 symbols
Johns loves the number 7, Black Adam is going to be the 7th member of the Shazam family.

Entitlement culture ruined modern storytelling.

Definitely. Hey, at least we got Sivana before the Adam-wank shits everything up.

>Black Adam is going to be the 7th member of the Shazam family.
I don't know about that, to me it sounds like a set-up for some OC-centric event/big arc.

I felt sorry for Mary, she got the shit end of the stick and was pretty much useless. Also didn’t get enough screentime/development.

pedro is so hot like this, the actor who played him almost made me cum in the theater

Should have stuck with Cap, Mary & Jr

Well it's either Adam or Johns introduces Uncle Dudley

Do we need two ironmen?

I have never read anything where Captain Marvel is called Shazam.

What do they call the Marvel Family in those books? Is Mary Marvel "Mary Shazam" or some shit

The problem with the whole Shazam family concept, for me at least, is that who could /possibly/ pose a threat to them? Billy by himself is Superman level, now add 5 other people with the exact same powerset. It just seems like an idea that was never meant to have longevity.

In the comics, the powers were shared, so Shazam was only 1/6th as powerful when the whole family became super. Don't think that happened in the movie, though.

I never understood why people thought Eugene had the wisdom of Solomon when shooting lightning is more of a Zeus thing. If anything Mary has the wisdom of Solomon

>Why not ten? Thirty?
Because the word SHAZAM has six letters, you moron.

Reminder that in the comics Billy is simple powered by MAGIC, not mythological gods and heroes, and that he doesn't transform by saying Shazam, and also he calls himself Shazam.

In the movie Billy kept all his strength but the others only got one of Billy's powers.

I haven't read newest run yet but usually he splits the power or they are vastly weaker (like in the JL backups) it's usually both.

>Shazam is 7 letters
>7 deadly sins
>7 realms
>7 wizards
>it takes writing the symbol 7 times in a row to go to the rock of eternity
>7 champions
>this post ends with 7 things about 7

And this is why normies can't get into comics and read graphic novels and manga instead

Attached: 1551832526277.jpg (247x268, 26K)

You mean the guy who broke his nephew's neck for more power? No way.

Their powers used to get divided by the amount of people using them at the time. 2 people half as fast and half as powerful. He would ask Mary and Freddie to depower to fight Black Adam.

It's been awhile since I read the backups but I don't remember it showing him killing his nephew on panel, it just implies it? If he had no problems killing his nephew then I don't know why he didn't just kill Billy off the bat.

>They’re too many Supermen!
>They’re too many Flashes!
>They’re too many Green Laterns!
>They’re too many Batmen!
I get tired of you faggots. You know what I think it is? I think it’s self inserters throwing a shitfit

In shitty comics

'There is' not 'they are' Moron

Whoops. Thats what I get for not proofreading properly, and copy paste. Thanks for reminding me to be more attentive to what I post.

>Pendantic answer:
Is not like is a new concept user, there was a time where the only requirement to be part of the Marvel Family was to be named Billy or in the case of one of them just being a Hillbilly.

>Thoughtful answer:
I don't have problems with multiple Shazams, but the movie and the new 52 story it was based on could have taken a little more time introducing the character and adding them one by one to the hero roster. Mostly because while some characters do deserve the "we are a family now" arc others didn't have enough interactions with Billy for us the audience to feel that they became a family.

I quick fix would have been either have less kids. Only Billy, Freddy, Darla and Mary so you have more time to develop their characters, or have all six kids but only have a few of them participate on the climax of the story and wait for a sequel to have the rest join the team.

As it is they becoming a family while it doesn't feel forced, doesn't feel earned either.

Attached: LieutenantMarvels1[1].jpg (960x720, 158K)

>Black Adam is going to be the 7th member of the Shazam family
maybe if you're a retard, i'm sure johns would rather bring hoppy, tawny or dudley back

They just call themselves by name.

Thats up for interpretation, once Billy shares his powers he fights Sivana but he only has one of the seven sins in his body so you could argue both where de powered in the final battle.

It's cool, we all put a foot in our mouths sometimes

Actually they retconed the ! as part of the word SHAZAM!

Attached: 1553392659443.jpg (3975x3056, 2.29M)

Or that rabbit Mary juiced in the backup story

I don't know why, but having ! be part of the name (and one of the gods) is what breaks it for me.

Mr. Mind? Tawky Tawny? The Crocodile Men? fine. Adding a ! and having that be the name of a seventh god? Stupid

I expect that to be the 7th member that's been talked about, Black Adam just makes no fucking sense.

Someone post Grace Fulton

Are we sure that's what it is? What the fuck even is "!"?

from
>Working from within the Council, Mind nearly destroyed them. It took the combined might of Solomon, Hercules, Atlas, Zeus, Achilles, Mercury and ! to stop and contain Mister Mind.

Can’t they just retcon it into being Yawheh? Ya know, the guy whose name cannot be said, and is often a source of power alone for the Hebrew prophets? Just have the ! be a shorthand.

That would be too OP user and by extension make all the other powers superfluous.

Yeah but are we sure "!" isn't just a redacted name?

That's exactly what it is, and it's ridiculous because it's not like the others are ever allowed to be as good as the original. And if they ever do it's only a matter of time before some writer comes along and puts the original back on top regardless of how long they've been gone.

6-7 Shazams
Awesome, the more the merrier, I can already see Shazam family winning vs fights during recess.

There are too many Green Lanterns.

Out of all the fucking things listed in that post, you single out the one with every excuse to have several versions. THEY'RE FUCKING SPACE COPS! They have an entire damn corp flying around. And before you even begin to bitch and say "Well there are too many Earth L-Lanterns!", there are never more than two around Earth at a time. The Guardians canonically hate that shit because it's like a beat cop only patrolling a parking lot. Most GL stories don't even take place in sector 2814.

Attached: Green Lantern Logo.gif (1280x1024, 29K)

Clearly I meant Earth Green Lantern.
There have been 3 new Earth Green Lanterns in the last 6 years.

I want Mr Mind to have his cute glasses. It's not as fun when he's ugly

And what about all that other shit I said where it's a non issue? The only one I will agree with you on is "Teen Lantern" because she's a shit Bendis creation that ultimately shits on the GL lore and how power ring tech works

Earth is Space Somalia. It nearly ends every week and nearly destroys/saves the Universe every few years.

So if they aren't usually on Earth, why can't they be from a different planet?

In-universe: Humanity produces disproportionately many candidates because we are special or some shit. This might also be related as to why we have so many superheroes.
Actual reason: Writers find it easier to write about characters of their same species

That's how Johns writes. He takes a unique concepts and dilutes them to the point they aren't interesting anymore.

Attached: lantern-corps-970x545.jpg (970x545, 235K)

Or that one member of the Brotherhood of Dada.

Are they going to bring back Oggar?
theworldsmightiestmortal.com/2015/11/introducing-oggar-worlds-mightiest.html

Attached: oggar 4.jpg (400x264, 30K)

Because we have a shit ton alien ones already? Mogo, Bzzd, Stel, Kilowog, etc. Plus Earth is a bad neighborhood with new deputies popping up. Read a book, dude

Hey fuck you pal. Larfleeze, Saint Walker, and Atrocitus are great

It's just plain logic, if willpower exist as a green light then maybe there other colored psychic energy.

I want Multiple Lantern Corp movie, really dig this color spectrum theme

This. In fact the more asinine thing would be only Green and Yellow light emotional energy

>not mythological gods and heroes
They retconned back in the gods/heroes in the Darkseid War special and the new series.

When I was in high school I was so autistic about the different colors, it might be my favorite thing about the IP

Attached: GL_NEW-GUARDIANS_13.jpg (1500x2361, 1.2M)

or at least give the cute stubby look from the Black Ring story.

I haven't gotten to see the movie yet, but did they actually state they only got one Power each?. Flight and Superspeed are both suppose to be part of "Speed of Mercury". Lightning Stuff is suppose to be part of "Power of Zeus" When Eugene's affinity is Wisdom of Solomon. Freddy's affinity is suppose to be Power of Zeus.

For record the affinities/specializations going by what they were in Flashpoint are
Solomon's Wisdom Eugene
Hercules's Strength Pedro
Atlas's Stamina Mary
Zeus's Power Freddy
Achilles's Courage Billy
Mercury's Speed Darla

Imagine hating fun

They all clearly have superstrength and durability, so I'd wager it's more like everyone gets a weaker version of all the powers except one, which is at full power.

>Mary has the stamina of Atlas.
She won't kill you with snu-snu but she'll definitely suck the life out of you.

>foster parents are supposed to seem like they're very tolerant and open minded because they adopt children of so many different races and a cripple
>instead they come off as creepy weirdos building a minority zoo

>seven lantern corps
>seven kingdoms of atlantis
>seven forces of the universe including the speed force
DC is a fucking joke.

That doesn't mean there would be a corps with uniforms for each one - unless you admit this is written for children.

Why isn't it Tawny?

Because Shazam has always been a family. It's a unique dynamic in capeshit movies.

Look, Tigers are cool, but putting one on a magical council is ill advised at best. We don't want him eating Darla.

Well he killed his nephew because he wanted more power for his revenge, Adam must understand that there must be at least one guardian of magic and he never seems too interested in taking that mantle he has his own goals.

Because Tawny is just a talking tiger, not a Shazam powered superhero.

Johns wants to leave his mark on the Marvel Family by making it worse.

It's the exact approach Bendis brings to every project.

Willpower is not an emotion.
Neither are life and death.

Authority of Yahweh. Magic entities default to him when they need a hero.

>Because Tawny is just a talking tiger, not a Shazam powered superhero.
This. Tawny is better off as a talking animal man not that Battlecat knock-off in Flashpoint and Curse. Good thing that's been quietly dropped and we're going to get a more traditional one from the wildlands.

>Willpower is not an emotion.
A lot of people say this, but think of the mystery behind the concept. Why do some creatures have free will, and independent thought while others don't? It's as if it's something you can tap into.

what? There's 3 counterparts to the Speed Force: The Sage, Still, and Strength Force. Unless you mean whatever retarded shit is going on in the current Justice League run.

She was the one that identified Sivana's weakness.

It's funny. Regular Mary was much more proactive then her superhero form. Her grabbing a gun and just trying to shoot Sivana or her distracting the Sins away from Billy was badass.

What? Wally was a better Flash than Barry, who in turn was better than Jay. Hal is easily the worst at making constructs, they only became visually interesting recently. Anything beyond a big boxing glove or a fighter jet he typically doesn't bother with, which is a waste of a power only especially good for the bigly visuals.

Clark and Bruce are the best Superman and Batman though, that's true. As far as anyone else can tell any of the Robins becoming Batman would just break them, except possibly Damian. Dick did okay but wasn't thrilled about it clearly. Terry was good because his Alfred was Bruce himself and his tech was streets ahead of Bruce's

I was rewatching on the camrip and she does punch a sin on the background at one point, which is more than just getting tentacled

>Her grabbing a gun and just trying to shoot Sivana
I really liked the "subversion" of the superhero trope, specially after it's been done in Wonder Woman 2 times and in Justice League too. A slo-mo bullet time shot but with a BB gun.

Attached: giphy.gif (450x244, 998K)

Multiple Captains Marvel date back to the 1940s. Freddy and Mary are the most well known, but you also had Uncle Dudley and the Lieutenants Marvel, Tall Billy, Fat Billy & Hill Billy. Darla, Eugene & Pedro are just modernized takes on the concept.

I'd like to see them bring Uncle Dudley into the film universe; I can see some comedy potential in the Shazam Family trying to cover for him and get him out of sticky situations.

>Black Adam is the member of the Shazam family
Excuse me what?

Attached: D4A88164-A20F-46A9-AEDC-CC7A93E35ACE.jpg (800x800, 152K)

An idiot who thought Kon needed to be Clark's rape baby via Luthor thought we did.

Attached: whose to blame.jpg (450x488, 49K)

he is the first champion after all.

Yeah, he's the black sheep.

The bunny is the seventh right...
So does he get anthromorphized or just turn to a bigger bunny?

Freddie was just Cap's Robin, Speedy, Bucky or Toro. HE was NOTHING UNIQUE.

Mary was just female Billy - just like Kathy Kane was female Bruce or Kara was female Clark.

Plus he wants to collect the pay checks

Smarter people decided Johns shit did stink so this stupidity was dropped for the movie.

>Thoughtful answer:
This.

The latino kid and the Asian nerd (another stupid basic trope) were barely developed. Why would the Asian nerd take the time (when he was previously shown more concerned with his game play) to suddenly find Billy's mom, especially when as far as they knew Billy had run away (as per usual) for good beside plot contrivance.

Mary somewhat got a relationship but it wasn't really well developed and we got no closure about it during the movie - and if they had made her younger, it wouldn't have existed. Darla and, in particularly, Freddie, were the only ones well developed as family members to Billy.

The Shazam Family are not legacy characters (which I have no problem with) and there unironically are too many Green Lanterns.

There are too many Lanterns, especially on Earth.

There are too many members of the Bat Family, for all the Bat Wank about Bruce being a longer and not wanting anyone else in his city BS

There were only too many Flashes for a very short period in the 2000s. If they were all alive today, especially Wally's kids and Barry's future grand kids, who were stupid, then yes, you would have an excellent point.

>Supermen
A son isn't the problem. Even Kon was not a bad addition given the circumstances, nor was a cousin.

pedro found billy's notebook. from there you can deduce they learned that billy's looking for his mom. they probably decided to help billy out and that's where eugene did all the work.

As someone who has never read a Captain Marvel / Shazam! comic but enjoyed the movie, which run/runs should I look into? I am interested in this movie/new version but any runs considered good is fine.

See this for fuck sake

Billy's history was too run away and never got back to any foster home. Pedro has the least developed relationship with everyone in the movie and certainly with Billy. You still don't explain why Asian Nerd, after clearly being shown as being more interested than anything save for food, beyond his vidya, now wants to waste his energy on computer work for a kid he definitely barely knows, with a history of running away and staying away, which Billy had done at that point in the movie, except for the fact that it was lazy and sloppy plot contrivance.

Cut this scene out and change it to something else and cut out the scene with Billy and his mom and you have a better movie without the need for this plot stupidity, laziness and contrived writing.

eugene doesn't have to personally be invested to look for billy's parents. mary could just dope slap the nerd to do the searching.

Your mistake is assuming that free will is something we know exists at all.

Theres need to be Shazams of every race gender and sexual identity.