Why do other comic writers hate Mark Millar so much?

Why do other comic writers hate Mark Millar so much?

Attached: file.png (750x500, 307K)

he licks goats

He does what they wish they could do.

I think Millar is a pretty cool guy. Eh looks after his collaborators and doesn't afraid of writing blatant TV pitches

Dey just jelly desu

Who hates him apart from Morrison?

His comics-as-movie-pitches actually get made.

Some of them are also readers, I guess.

He’s a Chad who writes fun blockbuster comics, and actually manages to get tv/movies off the ground.
>b-but he writes s-shit
Yeah, because Capeshit comics are grand philosophical pieces of literature... It’s literally about people in tights who change their characters to act as the writer’s soapbox every 5 years, beating each other up in an endless cycle of repetition.

He's Scottish. No other reason needed.

ding ding ding ding ding ding

it's this, this is the thing that it is

Ennis and Ellis have had a few harsh words about him, I think. Probably most people have after the 30 years he's been shitting up the comics world.

After he sold Netflix his Millarworld company a couple years back I would expect Netflix execs have a few harsh words to say about him to, given that the amount he got from them was based on his largely imaginary estimations of the worth of Millarworld IPs.

Morrison hates him because despite being a full decade younger, Millar has sold plenty of his original scripts to Hollywood, while Morrison has sold 0. Millar's even cashed out now! And meanwhile old baldy smackhead is out there trying to get people to take him on writing features as a first-time hire at the age of 60 because he doesn't understand how LA works and doesn't feel like starting at the bottom and proving his ability as a screenwriter.

Because he's lazy, which even he has admitted in interviews. Unprompted, even. He just straight up says he's a lazy cunt who got his break because the place he was working was basically dead at the time and he was cheap. Off the back of that he got work in the US, then back in the UK and sort of played it off.

The thing is, his ideas are sometimes interesting but the execution is uniformly shit and there's never any depth to them even when there could be. It's the most facile crap you can imagine, and he knows it, and everybody else does too.

Damn Scots! They ruined Scotland!

jealousy

Morrison only "likes" other writers as long as they're lower than him in the food chain and show some sort of reverence to him. He's a resentful motherfucker.

>Morrison only "likes" other writers as long as they're lower than him in the food chain and show some sort of reverence to him. He's a resentful motherfucker.
This desu. The guy legitimately put a “sigil” on an artist once, like an even gayer version of a chick casting a spell on an ex.

The Unfunnies

He is too based, they fear him.
Really though, "star" writers are whiny bitches that start screaming once someone else is getting the spotlight

This is why I hate him and why I also hate myself since I didn't stop.

>Millar is shit but it's ok because I don't like one of the genres he's written badly
Regardless of your personal opinion, i.e what Yea Forums told you, there are plenty of great cape runs that Millar's nowhere near the quality of in any genre. Retarded strawman arguments don't change that.

Honestly, what's with his weird cheating obsession that he shoehorns into 90% of his work?

Well Morrison is gay and pretentious so