Female Writers on Female Characters

When did the comic community decide that only female writers should ever be allowed to write female solo runs?

Attached: carol.jpg (700x1090, 113K)

after about 80 years of men doing a terrible job of it

Who the fuck cares about a writer's sex, as long as a character is well written? Which is not the case with your example...

That has never been the case. Stop making up things to complain about.

An Invisible Woman mini written by Mark Waid was just announced yesterday and you still decided to make this thread?

Around the same time they decided that black characters can only be written by black people and gay characters can only be written by gay people. Writing skill is secondary. In result we have characters like America Chavez, written by someone who never held a comicbook in her hands.
And if your writer is gay and the character is somehow straight, watch the character magically change his sexuality. Like with Iceman.

>In result we have characters like America Chavez, written by someone who never held a comicbook in her hands.
Except she didn't invent her in first place...
>And if your writer is gay and the character is somehow straight, watch the character magically change his sexuality. Like with Iceman.
I get it, you just don't read comics and get all your scoops from YouTube.
Before you act like you don't know what I'm talking about, it wasn't Grace who came up with that, it was Bendis.

user the Mark Waid Invisible Woman series was announced literally yesterday.

That's not even true Andreyko is writing Supergirl right now, Abnett wrote Silencer and is writing Mera, Whitely is writing Unstoppable Wasp, Waid is going to write Invisible Woman etc.

>Except she didn't invent her in first place...
I don't care if she invented her or not, I just wanted a well-written comicbook. Not something that can't keep track of its own plot.
Also, kill me, but I recall that before Rivera America Chavez was straight, or at the very least bisexual. Her backstory was also quite different.

Let’s be honest here...Mark Waid is hardly a man.

Saladin Ahmed is writing Ms. Marvel.

>Let's just twist the argument so I'm end up being right anyway!

Those 80 years of men doing a “terrible job” invited almost every female hero and wrote every memorable story that featured them.

Those darn men! Creating Wonder Woman, Black Canary, Invisible Woman, Storm, Jean Grey, Carol Danvers, Monica Rambeau, Scarlet Witch, Batgirl, Batwoman, Starfire, Raven, Moondragon, Gamora, Rogue, Kitty Pride, Donna Troy, Wonder Girl, She Hulk, Medusa, about half the LOSH roster, etc. etc. etc.

Imagine the audacity of men creating every single female character you like.

Sure, those men did all the work in crafting and building up these characters over decades and turning them into the iconic staples of the genre that they are today, but they should realise that it's 2019 now and that they need to step aside and let WOMEN take rightful ownership of these male-created, male-developed female characters. Why? Because it's 2019, and who run the world? Girls.

They didn't.
There's a thread talking about Mark Waid doing an Invisible Woman mini right now.

You're right, all comics should be written by straight white guys in their 40s and 50s.

And that's why women shouldn't be allowed to write anything! It was all men, people. Get it right!

>White people write black characters; its obvious and cringy
>Black people write black people; its obvious and successful
>Straight people write gay characters; its obvious and cringy
>Gay people write gay characters; its obvious and praised
>Men write female characters; its obvious and cringy
>Woman write female characters

It's a train of thought that has been proven in the past before. If you have a certain target audience; its best to employ somebody who is of said target audience.

That's all well and good for satyre dubsanon but you forget the intrinsic truth of the world : the one who's always run the world is those with the pussy. And we let them.

>Saladin Ahmed
That's okay he gets honorary points for having a 'diverse' name, so he's allowed to writer her. It's true and you know damn well it is.

Oh tell us how we can 'be better' your Grand Majesty of Basedness.

And when I say Based I actually mean S-O-Y

>Gay people write gay characters; its obvious and praised
I remember America Chavez and Iceman being "praised". But I'll give you that one. It's obvious as fuck. Neither of the characters wouldn't shut up about how gay they were.

True dat unironically.

Ofc. Entire civilisations have been ruined by pussy-begging betas letting women run roughshod over everything in the hopes that they'll get sex and attention out of it.

>Black people write black people; its obvious and successful
Kwanza Osajyefo disagrees with you.

If anything, you should be asking why more female writers aren’t pushing more to write more male-led comics or why black writers aren’t writing more white characters.

>That's okay he gets honorary points for having a 'diverse' name, so he's allowed to writer her
Or, stay with me here: he's Muslim like the titular character, so he wouldn't have to do any research on the subject.
And there's that thing where he has written her before and proven competent at it, but let's not split hairs people!

>He's Muslim therefore he's the wold's authority on all Muslimness.

>why more female writers aren’t pushing more to write more male-led comics
Aquaman
>why black writers aren’t writing more white characters
Captain America

But... Who said or implied that?

You did. A person can consider themselves Muslim and not know the first thing about their religion, you didn't know that huh?

... What?
He's not writing an essay on Muslimhood, he's writing a character that shares his own background, and the things he lived. The fuck are you even talking about you dumbass.

See, your first mistake is reading American comics. The “talent” that these writers have is absolutely awful. Johns is trying to make a sequel to Watchman and is proving every negative thing Moore said about DC right in the process. Bendis is considered one of the GREATS of American comic writing for fuck sake.

Your second mistake is not reading manga in which both male and female authors write stories about each other with no problem AND with better art AND with no political hamfisting from either side.

American comics have no standards. They’ve been replaced by movies and they know it. They don’t care anymore.

Dwayne McDuffie and Christopher Priest have horror stories about struggling to get on non-black characters back in the day. It's why Priest basically bailed out of the industry for a few years. Nowadays, he's writing the definitive Deathstroke and he had a brief Justice League stint. So it's not really for lack of trying on that front.

In terms of female writers, though, women seem to actively complain if a man is assigned to a female book for some stupid reason

Oh and here was see the 'progressive' venomous agenda revealed in it's entirety
>he's Muslim like the titular character, so he wouldn't have to do any research on the subject.
According to who? You've made clear you have no idea what you're talking about.

???
Are you being obtuse on purpose? You never read Ms Marvel and it fucking shows.

Divert, divert! 'Buh, buh, buh you don't read comics!'
Just because one person identifies as a Muslim doesn't make them eminently more qualified to write a Muslim character than anybody else. To suppose they do is another fine example of ignorant libshit beliefs, get the fuck out of here.

Nevermind, you're a fucking imbecile, why did I bother.

>I now identify as Muslim this means I am now more qualified to write about other Muslim characters better than straight White men in their 40's and 50's.

(You)

Attached: pepe-transparent-laugh-1.png (600x580, 360K)

Forced diversity for the sake of shutting up people.
It's the same reason that non-whites are given priority

This won't elevate them to the status of white people - it won't make your company better because it's more "diverse". It just makes things worse.

People like Gail Simone who's a good writer sure, if she wants to write issues involving female characters exclusively, let her. She's a good writer.
The random cunt that screams "Reeeee white males!" no, not at all as she hasn't shown she can be trusted to take a big hero on herself