What went right?

What went right?

Attached: 1554820015929.png (629x691, 535K)

We had this same thread before, please don’t do this again.

Nothing.

It has terrible word of mouth and is already dropping hard.

You deserve this after all those months of shit talking, marvelbaby

are you even trying anymore, ladderbro?

You mean what went wrong?
Going up against Queen Yaas, mostly.

Attached: vf.png (600x595, 416K)

>Another Flopzam thread

kek go back to Yea Forums, they'll eat your fake news of """success""" there

But it's not a smash hit, it's every meaning of the word average

Been avoiding this shit till now, what’s a ladderbro?

Why do you retards refuse to lurk?

A DC fan bogeyman because they refuse to accept the majority of people don't like their shitty movies.

yes, monkeys, yes
worship the dollar
whatever makes the most dollar is holy and blessed by the god of wealth
nothing else matters only dollars

they followed the Marvel formula

Yea Forums has been taken over by tumblr and Disney bots, no way can I stick around for long.

Having actual jokes instead of lukewarm barely there marvel humor

It’s a fun movie for kids, and not in a retarded way which alienates adults.

Literally fucking fake dollars and it's embarrassing Disney isn't being called out on it by mainstream press when there are photos of empty theaters circulating.

>1 billion... still no sequel announced!

Meanwhile, Chadzam annouced his sequel in the first weekend.

Wholesome fun character movie
I don't get why every thread about billy has to be a shit positing company war one. Can't we all just be happy that such a cool character had a good movie?

Fawcett deserved this after what DC did to them.

being fun and wholesome

It did well enough to warrant a sequel but nowhere near captain woodface.

Honestly both sides have things to be happy about.

Not stupidly dark like the aborted DCEU.

>What went right?
pic related. Even an Ant-Man and Wasp tier movie seems like an incredible turnaround when you've burnt down Superman and Batman in a shithouse fire.

Attached: Lowered Expectations.jpg (300x225, 12K)

To be fair, neither Doctor Strange or Black Panther officially have sequels announced either. There's been talk, but still no formal announcements. The only MCU sequels that are 100% confirmed are Spider-Man Far From Home and GotG Vol 3.

Since when the fuck did THE TRUTH become "company war" dipshit

Word of mouth is fucking awful.

It got an A cinema score and it's user reviews on RT is at 90%. I don't think it has awful word of mouth. More it was released at the wrong time

A marvel fan who REALLY hates DC and has been associatted with people made at some recent DCEU successes; Aquaman being the biggest notable piss off. Only really notable since the retard made a bet he would eat a blu ray and never delivered.

It’s really annoying when like 4-5 threads are made per day like this are made and all retards like you have to say is “Dkek” “Dcuck”. Not saying that your competition is any better with “Captain Fungus” and all but it gets old really fast.
Tell me though is Shazam good? Have you watched it? Anything constructive to say? No?
Because everytime a thread like this pops up and after you had your spat with the guys over at Yea Forums everyone will just comment on some scenes, ask for recommendations and the thread ends until someone bumps it again.

>marketed as recommended viewing for Endgame.
>empty seats.

Those only apply in the US though

Everywhere else in the world aka where the movie makes most of its money word of mouth is terrible and in some countries it couldn't even beat Dumbo

Attached: Screenshot_20190409-172745_Chrome.jpg (1080x1120, 322K)

Remember when laddernigger was spamming those images where Shazam! had "empty" showings?

Kek. What a cuckold.

I know, what kind of pathetic loser goes on and on about random fucking tweets about a movie having empty theaters.

Shazam's opened low but it will break even at least and make money on the back end. It's not the disaster that was Lego movie 2 or Dumbo. I think it's a good movie, possibly the most fun I've had with a superhero in a long time, but there's a few things it could and probably should have done to perform better. 1) Don't open so close to what will quite possibly be the biggest film of all time. As soon as I saw the Endgame tickets go for sale I knew Shazam would open low. People aren't even thinking about goin to the movies until Endgame so RIP Hellboy. 2) That suit was just goofy. I get it was intentional but it just looked like foam and gave the film a parody vibe for people not familiar with Shazam. 3) It should have had it's second trailer play before Aquaman and Aquaman should have had an after credit scene directly relating to Shazam instead of just the one with Black Manta

And in other countries Shazam opened higher than Ant-Man. It's always difficult to tell what China will enjoy

You do, ladderbro

I agree with this there are many ways that shazam could have marketed itself better. I do think that it was a good movie and find it really enjoyable.
After Endgame though, I think the landscape would be more open. New cape movies would be diversified and other companies may take a shot at it.

Retard. It made $150m opening weekend. $800m minimum at this point, but good word of mouth can push it to a billion.

Shazam is essentially the DCEU’s Ant Man. He wasn’t known relatively well beforehand, at least not compared to characters like Wonder Woman and Aquaman. Thus, the movie will not gain as much as those movies did.
However, by the time Endgame comes out, Shazam will gave made enough money to be profitable and enough to justify both the sequel and the Black Adam solo movie. Essentially, it won’t be a failure.
Also, anyone who compares Shazam to Captain Marvel is a literal retard. The two movies were released in different months and CM had the soon-after release of Avengers: Endgame, so it making a lot of money was garunteed. In short, stop being a company war faggot.

Attached: 73815E15-71CE-4585-A5AD-789391CAE59A.jpg (539x416, 68K)

>$800m minimum at this point,

Attached: 42119895538c8a4053d8689b849950d3.gif (700x373, 3.77M)

Imagine caring so much about money you'll never even see

Yep, just like WW and Aquaman. Do you have brain damage?

Reminder that this is the future the mods chose

You clearly do if you think a movie that's already struggling to hit $200 million is somehow getting anywhere near $800 million let alone a billion

I hate capeshit wars too, but honestly MCUfags need some dirt rubbed in their faces after the past few years of non-stop shit talking and shilling.

We literally had this same conversation a week after Aquaman released yet look how that turned out.

>Meanwhile, Flopzam annouced his sequel in the first weekend thanks to WB being in Damage Control mode

ftfy
I'm sure the sequel will happen, like all the other sequels and movies the announced lol

You got that with Aquaman. Probably with the Joker as well. By the looks of it that films going to be huge

COPE

But it didn't made money, you are making a fool out of you, considering CM made HALF A BILLION on its first fucking weekend.
I'd be a dream for Flopzam to reach that numbers at the end of its scheduling.

CM is hardly the norm

with what? the fact that those movies will never happen? or the fact that Flopzam 2, if it is going to happen, is going to be a bigger flop than Flopzam 1 - We Tried To Copy Marvel This Time But We Flopped Anyways?

It will happen. Make sure to be on Yea Forums in a few weeks when I make a thread about it just like this one so we can all laugh at you, ladderspic

It's the norm for movies that didn't flop.

Ladderbro, what keeps you going? I'm morbidly curious at this point.

Okay dipshit explain how a movie bombing hard in China and barely doing as well as Ant Man everywhere else is going to reach $800 million - a billion

Attached: Screenshot_20190409-131434_Chrome.jpg (1080x547, 223K)

Like like like Shazam? Come on, man. Like a kid like learning to be a good like a noble hero or some shit? You're living in a fucking a fantasy world.

Didn't Shazam only cost $90 million to make? So it's not going to have to make a whole lot to be extremely profitable. If it hits $500 million, which it probably will, that's great news.

But you aren't a dream, you are a shitposter.

>sequel = damage control

Attached: A53D4797-A91C-464A-B654-E8E139180191.jpg (366x411, 27K)

>which it probably won't,
FTFY

It will and we'll all laugh at you when it does.

Cope

I just hope that Hollywood learns the right lesson and maybe well see more mid level movies that relies more on quality than spectacle.

see pic related

Attached: ladderfag.jpg (4000x4120, 3.16M)

You still haven't explained how dumbass

Come on tell us how Shazam can survive these when it probably can't even beat Hellboy

Attached: 20190408_101411.jpg (2896x2896, 1.23M)

>Keeping pushing the strawman

And this is how i know you are a tourist from Yea Forums.
Be all means, keep copy and pasting threads from there, i'm sure you are retarded anough to think this movie really did well and not bombed, shitposting is a social experiment, there are people dumb enough to believes any crap they read: hence why you made a thread boasting over a flop, posting proofs of the flop. Idiots like you are hilarius.

Dude. You act the same in every fucking thread. You might as well be using a tripcode. That's why everyone calls you ladderbro, you're that easy to spot.

You remember barney-fag? Yeah, you're THAT easy to spot.

It will just like WW and AM did and we're all going to laugh at you. Again.

>LADDEEEER REEEEE

You know, samefagging won't change the fact that the movie flopped, DCuck.

"It will" isnt an explanation. He btfo you. Try again with a valid response

SEETHING LADDERSPIC

>Seperate people count as a samefag

Attached: 1521316735746.png (296x367, 168K)

It doesn't need to hit 500mil to be profitable off that budget. So many films would be flops if that was the case. Marvel would have at least four if that were the case

ITT retards putting down a great film for only netting 60 million dollars in profit in four days.

Literally THE most autistic person in the board who only stirrs up company wars for free (you)s

>It will survive endgame

Lmao great argument. You're done here

Ladderbro doesn't deserve a valid response. He deserves to be mind fucked and bullied like the autist he is.

Cope harder.

>LADDEEER REEEEE
>the timestamp

You know, samefagging won't change those numbers DCuck.
People just talk about what they see. But please, keep replying with "ladderbro", and change the subject when people asks you why you are happy for a movie that is doing worse than Alita.

But i'm sure you were eager to call that a flop, DCuck.

>when it probably can't even beat Hellboy
You're just as retarded as the guy you're arguing with

No idea, something just appealed to me about the movie, I didn’t give a shit about Endgame spoilers but I did everything I could to avoid Shazam spoilers until I could see it.

>What went right?

No poisonous Hack Snyder influence

Kill yourself, laddernigger.

All Hellboy has to do is make $20 million this weekend and it will be capable of beating Shazam

>Avengers translation needs FIVE different symbols
Jesus christ, Chinese is literally the most dogshit language in existence

>people who don't like the shit i like must be one person

You have been posting this for a while now, you must have realized by yourself at this point that you are on the spectrum.

>cope with your 800 mil plus opening weekend

Lol ok?

Yeah, OK user.

Attached: 1494147579956.png (584x347, 234K)

>THE most autistic person in the board

Third most. First would be that would be that guy who really, really hates Dr. Doom. Second is Boco.

>Flopped
>Already broke even
>Sequel already announced
>The entire god damn family
Stay mad you lonely sack of shit.

You aren't getting a single cent. So keep on coping, spic.

>Hellboy
You mean the movie that’s been nothing but shat on since its announcement?

Got to agree with user over here.
The way you comment is so easy to spot everyone probably thinks you’re just ladderbro. I mean you harp on the same point all the time it’s getting irritating and I’m saying this as a guy who usually likes coming to threads to see you guys throw stones at each other.

Fucking god what happened to Yea Forums? Everything is just complaints after Marvel and DC posting became popular. I Hope to god that after Endgame cape movies died down so we can discuss comics again.

I mean its really hard to not know what tone to go for the movie since he was a poster boy for campiness.

Attached: main-qimg-5f8b7599e50a7354954ca3e8c5451b32.jpg (602x854, 255K)

>It will just like WW and AM

And when did those two films have to deal with endgame? Or are you just playing retarded?

THIS
>Sunday after noon it was at 157 million
>today it's at 162
>SHITZAM ONLY MADE 15 MILLION DOLLARS IN TWO DAYS
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*breathes*
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Coping would imply dealing with some sort of trauma. There is none to be had with Endgame soon to dominate. Meanwhile youre desperately clinging to the fact that shazam will be relevant in a few weeks. It wont come close to your claimed WW and AM numbers dumb dumb. Youre trying to cope

DC fans don't play

Attached: 863394285.jpg (499x376, 29K)

Stop samefagging. Its embarrassing

>thread about cape movie
>mousedrones going full steam 10 posts in
Guess Shazam is the only thing one can discuss since Captain Marvel turned out to be the most boring and bland movie in existence

Attached: 1372187509708.png (294x256, 197K)

With simple math, it's clear that Shazam will be lucky to make 200 million in total
How does it feel, DC KEKS?

Based

Stop shilling for a company that can't even afford to pay you, they'll be bought by Marvel in a few years

Is this the same math that said Captain Marvel would make over 2 billion dollars?

Meh, what do I care? I don’t just like a character because they make billions,

Don't forget about Murrlogic. And Barneyfag.

Christ, we have a lot of retards on this board. On this entire site, really.

Attached: 1483483724524.png (203x212, 2K)

It still can now that Endgame hype's up this week

What about W.I.T.C.H guy and Scrapper?

Don't be fucking retarded

It'll make more than Aquaman but that's pretty much it

Doesn't WB have more money than Disney though? You're like these people who think someone will ever buy Nintendo.

There happy?
Jesus I wasn’t even taking a side I just agreed with the other user.

Attached: 7C66C1D0-FBE2-4998-BAD6-94710C1FBD1B.png (1242x2208, 559K)

>DCbeta admits his own movie is shit
LMAO

Thanks for bumping my thread, retards. I'll post it again because it works like clockwork

Them too.

They bought those seats.
Secondly, WB has been raping RT to push SHAZAM AM GOOD!

Rock's manager is going to get him out of the contract for WB and get him in with the MCU and we are FINALLY going to get Namor.

>actually wanting poor man’s Aquaman

>With simple math, it's clear that Shazam will be lucky to make 200 million in total
Are you larping or have you guys gone full retard?

Attached: 1544930095939.png (483x470, 216K)

>Namor
No one wants that loser

kys

It's still gonna happen.
Under the sea Conan the barbarian vs faggy twink doing a shitty GoT impersonation.

Just saw it.
I liked Levi as Shazam. And I loved the mid credits scene. And it had some good humor.

My only problem is that Mary kinda got the shaft in terms of development (and other things wink wink). I hope in the sequel she gets more screen time.

If he means domestically then he's probably right

aquaman

It was fun

Attached: 1554766395936.webm (1280x536, 1.46M)

It was a family film. Sivanna was a guy who hated his family and the idea behind it (remember when he smashed the monitor with the family commercial). Billy was a kid who was trying to find his mom and managed to get a surrogate family that replaced her. The Wizard was the last of his magical family left and could finally rest in peace with them. It reminds me of an 80's or 90's flick in terms of how it presented the storyline and themes.

>someone starts a Shazam thread without mention Captain Marvel at all
>immediate posts about toe fungus movie making a trillion dollars
>however, no one reports them as off topic
>company war thread continues unabated
>but you're not supposed to realize it's paid advertising from a retarded marketing team
I don't watch movies in theaters and neither should you. Go broke already, stupid movie industry.

Ff and X-men are far away probably years and aquachad beat namor to the punch. The rock is better as block Adam you probably want a slim guy for namor not a guy with a flying brick body.

Don't you have tickets to be buying?

Attached: Shazam vs. Captain Marvel.png (1019x353, 37K)

>race baiting this much

Bullshit. Two years ago if I asked someone on the street who Captain Marvel was they'd say that he was the kid who said Shazam and turned into an adult.

Who said anything about buying tickets?