Teen Titans

What is Yea Forums's opinion on the Teen Titans franchise?

Attached: Teen Titans.jpg (1630x3079, 2.17M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bP2f8x8bSGc
youtube.com/watch?v=sTOORLsHEE0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>nigfire
Why

bause its 1019 dick!

I only care about 2003 and I don't care if that makes me cancer because I try not to bother anybody else about it.

Too bad the DCAU didn't include Teen Titans

Dunno what Yea Forums thinks but I think opinions probably range more by age than anything. People born 1993 or later will probably have a higher opinion than anyone born before then. I remember at the time when the original cartoon was airing thinking it was kind of lame. It awkwardly try to capitalize on the massive success Japanese anime was having in the states at the time (specifically Naruto being fucking HUGE) without understanding or being capable of reproducing what made them popular. As far as action cartoons go it was a clear step down in every department from B:TAS, Batman Beyond, JL & JLU.

I guess my main problem with it is that the show never really felt like it was comfortable being its own thing. Compared to like Avatar for instance, TT felt like a 'cash-in' on the anime wave instead of incorporating that influence into its own distinctive flavor.

I hate it, the original is a massively overrated teen romcom, and because of its influence we now have had to deal with TTG shitting up CNs schedule for years now.

CN Teen Titans/TTG is better than anything else they're in. Also the characterizations of Raven and Starfire make it a lot better, even if it's done for jokes they're genuinely more likeable characters even in TTG than the comics.

Looking at the 80s version I sort of see the direction they were going, but there are plenty of black actresses that look more like starfire, plus the costume designer really fucked everything up. She looks like a cheap whore.

Yes it does.

>the original
You better be talking about the 2003 animation, because the original Teen Titans was back in the 60s.

No it doesn't. It makes no sense. Teen Titans Robin is already established to be Dick, so you can't tell me that he went off to establish his own hero team solo in a different city only to come back to Batman and be his sidekick only to go back to being a solo hero.

It was a different version of the Titans. Tim Drake was probably the leader but it happened offscreen so cares

Does it really matter given how many variations of the teen titans there have been. Yeah, its not the 2003 version and if that's the only version you have known then I can see where it would be disappointing, but honestly, there are much better teen titan runs than 2003.

I was, honestly i know next to nothing about the comic versions of these characters, but as far as i can tell they are substantially different

I miss the bromances in 2003 TT. How do I go back to then?

Wasn't 80s Starfire inspired by street dancers in Brazil? Granted its a far cry from the crack whore in 2019

Yes but it wasn't a black one

From what I remember Dick Grayson was the leader but eventually left to become Night Wing, and later Starfire became the leader. Though Dick still maintains contact with the team and goes on some larger missions with them.

DCAU Dick became Nightwing immediately after leaving Batman. He even hated the idea of Robin. We don't know if Starfire was a thing in the DCAU.

>We don't know if Starfire was a thing in the DCAU

She is a main character in at least two movies and is in a relationship with Dick. user, what DCAU are you referring to?

Those movies aren't part of the DCAU

Attached: justice_league.jpg (825x464, 82K)

Not sure whats with the play statin logo, but from the Judas Contract 2017.

youtube.com/watch?v=bP2f8x8bSGc

Not the universe we are talking about

i use to like TT but the autism people for the 2003 show is ultimately what made me hate it.

between the green timeforce ranger, raven obviously wearing a wig and that shitty robin costume black starfire is the only thing that bothers you from 2019?

Timmverse isn't the confirmed canon or anything. It literally holds as much canon as TTG. It's all DCAU

Retard

The 2003 weeb pandering cartoon was the only part of the franchise I truly enjoyed.
I have read multiple runs of the comics and did not like most of them.
A lot could be described as failed appeals to youth culture.
Outside of pivotal arcs like Deathstroke being a pedophile with Terra, I think the Teen Titan Go comics are sickeningly the best Teen Titan comics.
Teen Titans Go the comedy cartoon is like most modern cartoons and I don't like them.
I will never watch that live action drek because I know there is no entertainment to be found in it.

I think the idea they represent is what I like most and to me that is not being Spider-man.
Not being the lone teenage hero trying to balance a double-life and take on villains that should potentially be out of their league.

Attached: 170171 - DC Raven Teen_Titans season.jpg (782x1131, 121K)

You sir are mah nigga

A lot of wasted potential and DC likes to use them as fodder in their events.

People will bash the 2003 cartoon for being heavily influenced by anime, but it handled a lot of things better than the original comics.

>see last panel
>haaha what a shitty photoshop, as if anyone would fall for that

>it's real

How did we get to this point? Why do people even acknowledge its existence I instead of just ignoring it into oblivion?

The only thing I remember about TT in DCAU is a throw away line in static shock where Virgil ask Batman where Robin was and he said "with the titans". Was there ever any other refrences or was that ut?

There was a pitch for a show. The line-up would have been the 60s team though.

That was the only reference. The DCAU wasn't allowed to use Robin because of the Bat-embargo.

Let's settle this once and for all...

Is Young Justice part of the Teen Titans franchise?

2003 TT is genuinely the best one. It still holds up for the most part, specifically if you end it with season 4. 5 falls a little flat imo, but the gravity of the situation, the outcome, and raven's arc is almost flawless and really perfectly ends the series. I would recommend rewatching it for those who haven't in awhile or barely remember it.

also raven is such a fucking qt i cant get over it youtube.com/watch?v=sTOORLsHEE0

The OG comics are lackluster,TTG is good as a low brow meta comedy of the 2003 TT, and Titans has potential but will most likely be lackluster as well which is extremely unfortunate because it really had a lot of potential (the universe, that is)

Attached: 1553215367885.webm (1280x720, 2.33M)

Yes

>We don't know if Starfire was a thing in the DCAU.
Beast Boy existed, there was a reference to him in Static Shock.

Thats just daytime TV being daytime TV user.
No budget
No dedication
No real plans
Like the show has a lot going for it where it understands and uses the characters right, but then spends most of the series wasting all the airtime they got.
They spend the entire airtime of the show, 11x50 minutes to do what the animated TV show would do in 1-2 episodes of 20 minutes.

Daytime TV is terrible because it has no ambition or goals.

Attached: Stallman_attackofthetitans.gif (600x325, 2.32M)

Yes, although the YJ cast got screwed over once they joined the Titans franchise.

And Johns still gets a free pass for screwing over both YJ and TT.

It's actually for a streaming service.

Good analysis lad. Albeit, in my opinion, the writing and acting is decent for both Robin and Gar considering the intended direction of the series. I like them both. What I dislike is the writing and direction for Star and Raven. I can say that Diop is a good actress and is trying her best, but the script she gets is so fucking atrocious. The costume, the backstory, etc... It's like they want us to hate her.

As a Ravenfag I don't even want to get started on Raven. Maybe Croft is a good actress and the writing is just plain trash, but they are literally wasting the most impact character. I am not emotionally invested in her story at all, she is often out of character (writing, I think), and her arc is fucking stupid. Introducing fucking TRIGON in the first season and having him enter our world is pants on fucking head retarded and I have no idea how they're going to find a situation with more gravity. They're straight up butchering rae

Attached: aba.gif (480x265, 3.62M)

Its still being written and directed as a Daytime TV show user.
Half the reason why GOT is succesful is that it brings the movie format(high impact per minute) combined with the length of TV drama, allowing a lot of stuff that isn't possible in either medium. On top of this its based on a very strong source material(A Song of Ice and Fire), where the grim derpness of reality is done without being parodic like Warhammer 40k or other attempts like most Witcher clones.

Meanwhile Teen Titans is taking a whimsy random source material intended for drama, that have had already been adopted into a high paced childrens cartoon previously.
TT as a terrible daytime TV drama isn't great. There is simply too little happening once the series loses all the moments it used to introduce characters.

>Is Young Justice part of the Teen Titans franchise?
Maybe. Although in comics Young Justice is a Teen Titans spin-off as much as Red Hood and The Outlaws is. And in the cartoon, despite clearly being an adaptation of TT, they were subdued by the Justice League, which goes against the core of TT.

2003 the best by ten thousand miles.

don't care what contrarians say, 2003 titans was good

Starfire should have been cast latina. She's clearly supposed to look like a Carnivaal dancer or something, and a man named "Perez" created her, plus it would be an easy thing to go from tan/medium brown- to orange, withiut her only turning orange when she's about to shoot fire

Why are they all standing the same way?

>80s Titans
>only use characters from the cartoon. No Kid Flash, Wonder Girl, Aqua Lad, Jeircho, or anything

It was for the sake of the meme

I don't know enough about the original comic, OG show was good, TTG go is fine in small doses, live action is edgy trash.

I like black starfire

most of you are just incels

Live-action show is alright

yeah but would be better if starfire looked like a white ho instead of a black one

I think she would still look really stupid along with the rest of the cast. Isn't she going to be orange in S2?

So do they not have Cyborg cause he's in the JL movies?

He's in Doom Patrol

You’re thinking JLWar continuityz

Technically we see Stardire depicted in effigy via way of sexy waitress cosplay alongside such costumes of Powergirl and Granny Goodness at a Planet Gotham restaurant in Batman & Harley Quinn.