Where was Carol when Mar-Vell was dying? Literally every A and B lister is there...

Where was Carol when Mar-Vell was dying? Literally every A and B lister is there, even some Skrulls show up to show respect. Is this explained in another storyline? They were tight and he saved her life/led to her getting powers.

Attached: deathofmarvell.jpg (604x624, 243K)

Story answer: She was Binary, and was out in space with the Starjammers
Real answer: In limbo because nobody working for 1980s Marvel except Claremont cared about her at all.

This really upsets me that we’ll never get a decent movie Mar-Vell. His ongoing under Starlin was god tier, and his death was a great way to end his character.

Genis was a great continuation too, better than Carol.

I was so amped when I thought Law was going to be portraying Mar-Vell. I thought we'd get the OG story in the first act, thereafter followed by the Skrull story and then have a clear passing of the torch when Mar-Vell dies towards the end of the movie. I actually liked the movie, but hated learning about Carol's story through flashbacks.

his kids were hot messes. which is why they were great. carol is just ms perfect.

shit, this was actually helpful, thanks. I didn't know that. Still, kinda weak she didn't show up upon hearing that her friend and mentor was withering away.
His death is so beautiful. Him wandering into the afterlife with Thanos is one of my favorite comic moments. Also so fucking grim that not one super-genius character could find a cure for the big C. Fuck cancer, man.

>shit, this was actually helpful, thanks. I didn't know that. Still, kinda weak she didn't show up upon hearing that her friend and mentor was withering away.
Nobody told her. She comes back and finds Monica using the name "Captain Marvel" and flips out.

Attached: RCO028_1468167741.jpg (1198x1848, 402K)

>find a cure
I thought the whole thing was that because of his nega-bands, no actual Earth cure could work on him and the Kree who could have done something, didn't want to help him.

Attached: RCO031_1468167741.jpg (1198x1848, 399K)

Fuck, you're right. Yeah I think they were able to stave it off a tiny but but the bands were stopping it from keeping or some shit. I need to re-read.

Thanks so much user. These are cool panels.

The theme of the movie is that she's a fuckup and a disappointment, so the movie's wonky execution of her backstory is just true to form. It's probably an accident, but the entire semi-budget-challenged production was a fitting intro for a dorky outcast character in a bygone era who hasn't really had much success IRL.

And now this iteration of captain marvel is the definitive one for popular culture, manly Captain Marvel be damned. It is whst it is, but I thought the final confrontation with Jude Law was endearing. I wouldn't mind him being the MCU's spiritual adsptation of Mar-Vell.

Yeah, that was the fun of Genis.
>Starts off as all powerful, but has no idea how to be a superhero and needs Rick to guide him
>Eventually unlocks his power, which drives him insane
>Becomes a wackadoo godlike being who is unstable, but thinks he’s fine

Yeah I can see that. And he knocked it out of the park as Yon-Rogg, so no problems there.

Not really, the explanation is really weak and dumb. "We just forgot to tell you lol"

yeah but seeing her rage and go to his grave is cool

Movies don't actually matter, user.
Don't fall for the hype.

She was roaming the universe with a group of space pirates. It's not like she was on Earth, or anyone knew where she was to contact her.

It would’ve been nice

Damn, Carol sure loves being off in outer space when important shit is going down doesn't she?

Attached: captain jesus.jpg (960x960, 187K)

I don't think she was even Ms Marvel yet by the time of that story. Why is Drax the Judas?

She was. She gained the persona in '77. Mar-Vell died in '82.

Also, Drax gave Cap cancer

Can you post their reunion during AvX?

I meant the Thanos story that pic is from is from before she became Ms Marvel. It has Swordsman there, he was dead before 1977.

Oh shit you're fucking right. Yeah, it's from '74