Shocking!

picosong.com/wQ9Cm

Attached: STL112430.jpg (195x300, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YFGens0_W-U
picosong.com/wQ9Cm
dc.fandom.com/wiki/DCU:_Rebirth_Vol_1_1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Updated April 3, 2019: Doomsday Clock #10 has been pushed back yet again, with DC now estimating a May 8 release.
>Originally solicited to come out back on March 27, Doomsday Clock #10 has now been rescheduled five times.
Why did Didio decide he hated Johns and wanted to remove all power he had?

>three years after Rebirth started
wtf is taking them so long
Just give me my JSA book

Didio has nothing to do with Johns not prewriting the story and Frank being a slow fuck with art.

Frank needs to get away from Johns and draw fun stories again

This story is never gonna end is it?

>10 weeks
FAKE NEWS

SAGE

>We'll be publishing Doomsday Clock until the sun burns out and the oceans feeeze

Attached: 1505997768539.jpg (750x756, 163K)

Don't try to reason with johnsbots.

Frank's part would be justified if his art didn't look just as boring as it always does.

>mfw the Doomsday Clock is counting down to the actual doomsday.

Attached: 604.png (381x205, 22K)

>Nothing ever ends
Pottery

Attached: 1448059637401.jpg (600x300, 63K)

Attached: 1524450928059.jpg (475x530, 47K)

This.
We need to get closer to doom to actually get more issue. Let's start shit up lads.

no one cares about this garbage series and Johns is a bad writer.

>10 Weeks
Just give up

so are the watchmen part of the DC universe or what?
why would you even want them to be?

Attached: silence.jpg (241x241, 20K)

Meanwhile Morrison and Sharp have like 11 issues of their Green Lantern in the bag, DC has moved on. Let it die.

More like Doomsday COCK

Fuck Johns fuck Dc and fuck jeannies

youtube.com/watch?v=YFGens0_W-U

I'm only mad because this is basically pushing back a future JSA book.

Anyone knows if it's because Frank is just that slow drawing or because Johns is delivering the scripts super late?

If it were just the art i'd be justifiable if Frank were going balls to the walls like JHW III did for Overture but he's doing it as if it were anything else. I don't get it.

Attached: revc.png (1600x1230, 3.76M)

>Thinking it would ever even happen
lol, Still waiting on that Shazam series from the new 52?

That is happening.

>Johns accidentally saw a political press conference while channel surfing for cartoons again

That’s happening right now though dumbass.

Does ANYONE care about doomsday clock anymore? It’s been a year and counting and even co stopped talking about it

Are there any leaks about how it is going to end?

Superman and Dr. Manhattan have hot gay sex for 28 glorious pages.

Someone's gonna lose a limb or get stabbed through the back. It's a Johns comic.

tbf though curse of shazam ended half a decade and the universe was partially debooted before an ongoing was announced

>LOL Let's pretend this is Johns fault
Really? I'm not wowed by the story either but lets not blame shit he has no control over. Also I find it hysterical what selective memory Yea Forums has and pretends Johns never wrote anything good for the sake of contrarianism

Attached: Mr Fahrenheit.png (998x948, 1.6M)

That's the Alan Moore way to do things

>LOL Let's pretend this is Johns fault

It literally is Johns' fault though, unless you're a nutter and genuinely think this is somehow DiDio's fault.

How is this Johns fault? The artist is piss fucking slow, and yeah, Didio is that much of a petty cunt because people didn't take to New 52

Johns did interviews admitting he didn't start writing the story until Trump got elected. That isn't Didio doing anything to him, that's the man himself admitting he didn't have a direction for his story until the TV dumped one in his lap.

>How is this Johns fault?
He didn't pre-write any of the event that the entire Rebirth initiative revolved around until midway through it and had nothing planned in contingency when Gary Frank a notoriously slow artist who Johns knows and has worked with several times before, wasn't able to keep up with a simple monthly deadline.

It's had pretty strong reorders for later months (maybe because no one knows when it actually releases)

Attached: RecentDCEvents.png (1033x736, 37K)

Berserk hiatuses make this seem like nothing

Attached: 1516839051928.jpg (540x409, 45K)

Didio most likely stopped them from cummunicating!

Reminder that the real reason why Fabok hasn't worked on any cape comics in the past three years is because Johns told him not to to keep him ready to illustrate Three Jokers.

Which Johns didn't even start writing until last year.

It's almost like how he refused to let anyone touch the LoSH or the JSA until he wrote and finished DClock which is scheduled to end around 2045

Or how he refused to let anyone else touch Captain Marvel until he got a chance to write his ongoing, which he didn't even get started on until a full five years after he finished The Curse of Shazam.

Johns has a bad habit of hogging the toys to himself, doesn't he?

Fair enough. I just get tired of the preemptive hateboner Yea Forums suddenly gets whenever they find out he had a hand in something. This clearly shows he can't juggle editorial demands, and studio obligations. Even so, I still think it Didio has somewhat of a hand in this given his own responsibilities.

On a semi related note, I think Doomsday Clock's shitshow production is also the reason why Flash comics have been trash. They've been in a holding pattern because Wally was supposed to be involved somehow

Does he at least pay those people he keeps unemployed?

Didn't Morrison pitch a Marvel family book at some point in the New 52?

If Fabok had an exclusive contract, he's probably getting some compensation from DC (and maybe a little health benefits).
That's why most creatives end up being freelancers. You don't have to pay them anything extra

Given the current state of DC I'll chalk that up as a good thing. Can you imagine the LoSH and JSA written by Bendis, or King?

>Can you imagine the LoSH and JSA written by Bendis, or King?
You do know that's pretty much what's gonna happen now anyway, right? DiDio's sick of waiting for Johns to wrap this up so signs are pointing to him giving LoSH to Bendis and maybe JSA back to Robinson.

Both of those sound awful

Do you have any idea if Morrison/Sharp are planning on working on more Green Lantern after these 12 issues? I read in here a while ago that he was dubbing it a "first season", but I don't see source for that.

A shame Williamson isn't a big enough name to be like King or Bendis and just tell Johns to fuck off with his bullshit.
You were going to get Hickman on LOSH, not King or Bendis.

>Johns has a bad habit of hogging the toys to himself, doesn't he?

It seems like Johns wants to completely take over the DCU, except he doesn't have the skill or the imagination to actually pull it off.

No and even if there were it clearly doesn’t matter now

This is probably beyond Frank needing more time and is Johns rewriting the ending.

You mean the movies? wasn't he already kicked off all live action stuff after the huge Justice League fuck up?

>maybe JSA back to Robinson
What 1980/90s characters will he kill off this time?

Depends, if Warner take morrison script for the Flash movie, I see him working on that for a while.

The reason I dislike Johns is because he is one of these modern writers who just wants characters to be suspended in a status quo. Every title he writes he throws out 90% of the lore and brings the book back to the silver age and only acknowledges the stuff he creates. Writers like him ruined the big two.

>the watchmen
Why does anyone on Yea Forums pretend like they read comics?

Look m8, in that sentence “The Watchmen” is actually grammatically correct.”

But they're not The Watchmen ya fruitloop. They're only called that in the movie.

>This Watchmen Omnibus is sure to satisfy the most die-hard fan, collecting every single story in the Watchmen saga!
>Collects Watchmen #1-12, Before Watchmen: Comedian #1-6, Before Watchmen: Rorschach #1-4, Before Watchmen: Minutemen #1-6, Before Watchmen: Silk Spectre #1-4, Before Watchmen: Nite Owl #1-4, Before Watchmen: Dr. Manhattan #1-4, Before Watchmen: Moloch #1-2, Before Watchmen: Ozymandias #1-6, Before Watchmen: Crimson Corsair #1, Before Watchmen: Dollar Bill #1, Flashpoint #5, DC Universe Rebirth #1, Doomsday Clock #1-12, and Mime and Marionette #1-12.

give it Jeff Parker

>pretends Johns never wrote anything good for the sake of contrarianism
Name some genuinely good stories then

>Watchmen Omnibus!
>Only about 1/8th of it is actually real Watchmen stuff.

Attached: 1533948630982.jpg (250x250, 12K)

Johns has nothing to do with King getting permission to totally and permanently fuck the DC Universe with Heroes in Crisis
You're right about Gary Frank though

who gives a shit anymore?

I'm beginning to believe in that reboot

You say that and yet he breathed new life into Green Lantern, The Flash, Aquaman, and Shazam during his career.

Resolicit fucking when along with SHAZAM?

hey yall

is 3 Jokers still a thing?

He's got a foul breath though.

Milking aging fanboys isn't "new life".

Right because I'm sure aging fanboys really took to Curse of Shazam, and and a entire run devoted to Wally instead of Barry

Fabok is still working on it

>Anyone knows if it's because Frank is just that slow
This is not the first time Frank has taken this long. He had the reputation of being slow before this.

Attached: teehee.png (329x336, 285K)

H Y P ER C R I S I S

He needs time to draw all those lines that make every single caracter look like a 40 year old trying to pass off as 15 years younger.

man dc fucked up royally here

johns has got to be rewriting these last 2-3 issues to make it relevant to what they're doing now since the book will be done 1-2 years after it was originally supposed to...

That and rumors that Heroes In Crisis and Bendis' Superman fucked shit up, forcing rewrites and the rumors that DiDio gave Geoff permission to erase them from canon. So Doomsday Clock gets delays, because they have to let Heroes In Crisis end and have to have X-number of issues of Bendis's Superman written because DiDio made a huge mistake promsing Bendis an omnibus of his superman run

At least he's been redpilled by watching the lunatic left go insane. That and whatever bullshit memos that HIV infected editor Andy Khouri keeps sending out, demanding all conservative DC employees be named so they can be fired and added to his blacklist of people not allowed to work at DC so long as his micro-dick faggot self has power there

>Bendis an omnibus of his superman run
Good god what the fuck why

>Andy Khouri keeps sending out, demanding all conservative DC employees be named so they can be fired and added to his blacklist of people not allowed to work at DC
Legit? the fuck.

Attached: 1475978079661.jpg (960x849, 191K)

You really think so? Fuck, you guys are so gullible as long as it fits whatever narrative you wanna pull.

Nope, all of that is Watchmen stuff

I'm actually an outsider from Yea Forums and found it hilarious. No need for paranoia pal.

Yeah; he deleted the tweet once he realized what he admitted doing, but the Youtube comic review scene archived/screencap it and spread it all around Youtube, fucking him over in that regard.

Resignation/firing when?

>but the Youtube comic review scene archived/screencap it and spread it all around Youtube
mind saucing me on that?

Again, consider this sort of thing only seems to affect shit artists in the first place.

Insider gossip is that DiDio gave Bendis Superman because DiDio's big dream is to FINALLY have a series of "evergreen" Superman trades to shill ala Snyder's Batman run.

Superman only has the Death/Return trilogy and All Star Superman as evergreens. The former is a massive crossover over six volumes and the later lost most of it's sales pull after Morrison's disastrous Action Comics run.

Think what happened with Avengers: the Bendis run was for ages, a big seller for Marvel in trades. DC wants that; baby's first Superman run that casuals love and eat up with a spoon.

get ready for the New Crimebusters / New Minutemen of Earth W once this is over

Attached: SMW.png (611x461, 493K)

I feel like if they tried they could push the triangle era as a complete series.

>ala Snyder's Batman run
I left Yea Forums a while ago, in the midst of Snyder's run. Did it end up being that? does it sell that much and ended up becoming that steemed?

Story goes, Khouri only has a job because he promised to sign Kelly Sue DeConnick and Matt Fraction. He suddenly got Kelly Sue signed around the time his tweets admitting to blackballing circulated and the later, he secured after his much hyped Vertigo 2.0 turned into the biggest flop since Heroes Reborn, complete with the revelation that he hired a sexual predator and that Mark Russell's Sun Man/Jesus was more blasphemous and anti-Christian than anyone thought.

>Story goes
So there's no source on this?

THREE MORE YEARS

>Vertigo 2.0
Gonna need a quick rundown-

They tried but the first attempt to reprint the post-Byrne issues was an omnibus that got canceled and only resolicited because of fan outcry.

Snyder's Batman run was the top selling New 52 trade series. They've recently announced an omnibus edition of his run and have done multiple printings of the Court of the Owls arc due to it constantly selling out.

Yes, he's a pretty cunt.

There were seven new original series from this shitty reboot from muh diverse creators; the first to be released got axed because of that sexual predator, the intended final book to be launched jumped ship because of editorial interference, and the one that was supposed to be released last January is inflicted with complete radio silence (possibly cancelled in light of muh Batcock). Of these remaining in publication, one of the creative teams are among the most controversial.

Vertigo launched with all SJW titles and Zoe fucking Quinn writing a comic (ironically, her book is the only one NOT canceled though her artist got into trouble sending obscene photos to EVS).

One Bordertown, had a rapist as writer and the book canceled/several issues that won't see the light of day. Other books got canceld 3-4 issues in and Russell's Jesus/Sun Man book never got released period, once a detailed plot synopsis leaked and the new chick in charge of DC told DiDio she will never let anything like that be released on her watch (DiDio for his credit, ceded all rights to it to Russell and its going to be released at a boutique indie publisher; which is more than you can say to the other books, especially Border Town).

And what about the source on the Khouri story?

>the intended final book to be launched jumped ship because of editorial interference
Actually, the people at the top of DC decided to shelve it. Evidence actually points to editorial and Didio fast-tracking transferring ownership to Russell so he could take it to another publisher ASAP.

Where these the same thing as that "black label" stuff and that young animal or whatever that was called that the my chemical romance dude was doing?

lad, shazam is based on his modern run

johns has/is pretty much pulling a soft millar for a while now, adapting his own stuff into movies for live-actionbux

ryan reynolds GL movie
his JL run with jim lee
shazam stuff
keeping GL off the JL so he could get another shot at muh hal
his aquaman run
stargirl

guarantee the black adam film is going to borrow heavily from 52

>Fair enough. I just get tired of the preemptive hateboner Yea Forums suddenly gets whenever they find out he had a hand in something
Ironic considering you have a weird hateboner for Didio were you blame him for very silly things and your reasoning for it is the "fact" that he's petty and mean in behind closed doors, something you clearly have first hand experience. Johns picked the slow Gary Frank himself, knowing full well how slow he is and despite this he didn't think to write in advance so he can start drawing early. It's funny that you mention Flash because Williamson was hand picked by Johns and during that Rebirth presentation he talks about being a Johns fanboy since 12 and hiw he had to keep buffering Didio for a long time until he finally got the job.

all I want to know is when's Multiversity Too

Did that ever get confirmed to happen/start?

>Other books got canceld 3-4 issues in
High Level is a miniseries you retard.

And what's the name of that Vertigo series which is YET TO BE SOLICITED to this day and there's fucking radio silence from the creative team about that series? SAFE SEX.

Still no artist announced; script is probably not yet finished

Probably never.

Alan Moore, Grant Morrison, John Ostrander books

you're autistic

Still waiting m8, having a hard time believing something this big would be this hard to corroborate.

>picosong.com/wQ9Cm
Is that you, Philly-Spider?

I guess after it ends and the drama gets out we will know the reason behind the delays.

It's just rumors for now, no one knows the real reason but I'm sure we will know after ot comes out.

Why would Johns pursue a live action career when he had that when he was working with Donner?

He didn't have, he was an assistant.

Us: "Well, I'm annoyed about the delays but it's been pretty shit so far."
Geoff:

Attached: drm.gif (500x200, 895K)

Fucking why? At this rate some of us are almost certain to die of illness or unforseen events before the end. I haven't even check in on Yea Forums in months and months. I honestly expected the ending to be old news by now.

To stop leaks Johns has taken the ingenious strategy of writing the story the moment before it goes to printing.

>Johns has Frank draw a basicaly infinite ammount of random shit combinations with DC and Watchmen characters until he has enough to piece together a collage of the top secret story he has in his head for the issue
>This process must be repeated everytime.

Attached: 158.png (447x378, 11K)

Maybe they need to finish All Star Batman and Robin before this comes out

Attached: gnsYa.jpg (543x657, 165K)

Attached: Presentación1.jpg (633x715, 152K)

Top jej

Pretty sure they cancelled that

Damn it, why didn't they just keep Peter Tomasi?

Maybe Toasty

Isn't Doomsday Clock suppose to be set in the future, so that stuff like this WOULDN'T happen?

Are DC not allowed to fire Frank and replace him with another artist?

>an event that is going to last 3 years.
DC is a joke.

They're not gonna swap the artists at this stage.

That's very unprofessional of them

There's never a source. Just comments on Yea Forums, most likely from one person since they always refer to him as "the HIV infected."
I do think Khouri is a terrible editor though, especially since he messed the "25 Years of Vertigo" retrospective hardcover up so much that it got cancelled and never resolicited.

Well, if people voted with their wallets, they would stop doing it.

Well they have no real reason to. Sales have stayed consistently high throughout the ongoing in spite of the delays, they probably don't want to sour relations with a good, if incredibly slow artist, and swapping the artist at this stage would likely hurt the series in the long term qualitatively.

I'm not saying he's a good editor, he's been pretty incompetent at his job and there's at least one scummy thing you can potentially blame on him (Trying to keep the Bordertown writer's reputation as a sexual abuser on the hush-hush, couple people in the industry are alleging it, but given DC's lethargic pace in dealing with Eddie Berganza's serial abuse, I can believe it).

I'm just sayng that: there's plenty of real things you can blame him for without resorting to making shit up.

>Why did Didio decide he hated Johns and wanted to remove all power he had?
Are you fucking retarded? Johnsfags are retarded, Johns had 2 fucking years to start the story since darkseid war and he did nothing.

Fuck off, i care, it's a testament to Johns shittyness
2005 was 14 years ago

Twice, once it was an anthology with Waid and peak Simone, but it was rejected in favor of Winnick's (Billy as lord marvel and Freddy as SHAZAM, a way to keep the old continuity and avoid legal problems), then that got fucked and Johns started his movie pitch, Morrison did another pitch, based on earth 5, and was rejected again, since Johns was holding into his toys.

>Anonymous 04/09/19(Tue)03:10:30 No.106909807▶
>
>Why would Johns pursue a live action career when he had that when he was working with Donner?
do you understand that Johns has always been a WB guy? he didn't land his job at DC at his job, he was always loyal to WB, that's why he turned unto a WB executive, CCO, consultant and writer of shit he had no right to write.

Yes, but Johns is an absolute moron that tries to generate hype over his future comics before he knows what will happen in said comics, Johns had the DC universe in his hands and was backed by powerful people at WB, he had the hability to force the rest of the writers wait for him, he lost power when WB executives started getting fired. He hadn't finnished the story, he probably hasn't even finnished the script for 11, same happened with Darkseid War where he run out of issues becuase he didn't knew how the story would end, DC isn't waiting for him anymore. Frank is slow, but if Johns had been feeding him the scrips since before rebirth was published this story would had ended 2 years ago.

That's the entire problem with DC. It's staffed almost entirely with Warner sycophants. Dan Didio, Jim Lee, Geoff Johns, etc. Anyone who didn't like sucking cock hauled ass out of there a long time ago.

I honestly don’t know how people put up with the retardation of both DC and Marvel.

Nostalgia.

Attached: NostalgiaGoggles.png (459x453, 139K)

Comic criticism and reviews come from people that has lower standards than videogame reviewers, Almost every comic gets praise, 8/10 is considered "ok", i still haven't seen a bad critic of Doomsday clock a comic that begs to be compared with watchmen.

Alan Moore laughs at your pain.

Everyone (aside from Johnsfags) laughs at this. i wish there was an archive for the old threads since this was announced, Johnsfags "hyped" and normal non-retarded posters pointing out Johns is incompetent and too stupid to pull this shit out.

Comic reviewers suffer from the same problem of video game reviewers: they have to give glowing praise to every mainstream product or they'll be denied exclusive content.

This is why nobody gives a shit about their opinion. They're already bought and paid for.

Attached: SprangRiddler.jpg (214x217, 88K)

Replacing Frank would be like the original Watchmen suddenly changing from Gibbons to someone else. What matters is how it looks in a trade.

Frank is not the fucking problem, and comparing the panels in watchmen to this shit is just stupid, Frank can be replaced, but that doesn't matter when Johns is late when it comes to the scripts, the last issue had 4 pages that were big panels with no words, people standing on fucking ships without any story elements aside from Johns thinking he is smart with pic related.

Attached: Johns Wink at the camera.png (779x652, 741K)

Why? Is a reboot coming? Is a huge event coming? Is a new watchmen book coming?

>Why?
Johns is a retard that didn't knew where the story was going so he still hasn't finished the scripts, that's all. The problem isn't editorial

>doomsday never happens
>doomsday clock is never finished
we're on the best timeline!

But knowing things is harder than making them up.

That's how big companies work, and that's the problem when they're pretty much your only option for comics. I mean, if you know stuff you can read things that aren't Marvel or DC, but for pretty much everyone that's all there is because they're taking up all of the shelf space and have a history of running competition out of business through unethical and shitty practices.

Anyone has that MS paint comic of Superman and Manhattan “debating”?

>that's the man himself admitting he didn't have a direction for his story until the TV dumped one in his lap.
That's how I write lmao. Didn't have more than a vague idea for a story before I watched a documentary on the pyramids and BOOM! Setting established, worldbuilding started.

So I guess Dr. Manhattan isn't rocking out with his cock out any more, right?

There's no glowing blue Doomsday Cock?

There's a small blue dick in the last issue, and of course a joke about penis, i'm sure the next issue will have Guy saying something about blue balls

le watchmen sacred cow fucking moorefags johns will show you

Y'all Johns haters sure are pathetic. Keep it coming tho, it keeps him stronger.

Attached: maestro.png (576x823, 260K)

2/10 bait

>"And then... and then, and then ALL the superheroes in the world go to MARS to fight DOCTOR MANHATTAN! :)"

Moore sure is shaking in his boots as we speak.

Attached: ez.png (960x1477, 2.72M)

It's a particular problem for DC since they spent years stuck in an internal war for CEO. Warner practically purged anyone that didn't want to play politics, which left the company in shambles.

>Butchering the layout that badly

Will Eisner is spinning in his grave.

Attached: 1235776084393.jpg (354x491, 28K)

How is what I said about writing the same way hating on Johns?

JUST FUCKING STOP. This is one of the most dissapointing events. Dc can’t be this conceited over a shitty watchmen fan fiction to keep delaying the comic. It’s been almost 2 years now and we have only managed to get through 2/3 of a 12 issue event. What is Geoff so afraid of?

pic related
so very related

Attached: legion luck lost.png (714x216, 58K)

>This shit is what takes months to draw

>dissapointing
Where you actually expecting this to be any good?

Moore doesn't give a shit

Attached: cae67a9e9b1dce2c1aab89cdd46544b73881e47a_hq.jpg (661x879, 72K)

by the time Doomsday clock finishes we're gonna be in the 31st century

I don't care at all about this book, I just hate the delays because it's preventing me from getting a Justice Society book.

>Dc can’t be this conceited over a shitty watchmen fan fiction
But they are, I apologize since I can't recall the names but I recall someone mentioning all this kicked off when back around the Watchmen movie they called up Moore and offered to hand over the rights if he'd do a sequel.
He flat out said no, fuck the money, the rights, just hung up and went back to his spliff like turning away a telemarketer. The sheer audacity must have set someone off because ever since they've done everything to not only keep Watchmen brand afloat with the a range of prequel material, which didn't fly so good, the TV series and this, the introduction of Watchmen properties into DCU proper, starting with the insinuation all their problems were actually due to Blueman and Johns via Lex of all people mocking Veidt's plan as silly, plus there's also been various other Moore material popping up in relevance and inclusion like Tom Strong with the Terrifics and Promethea giving the JLA a pat on the back.

It's war, user, they might not be winning as effortlessly as they imagined, he might barely be paying attention unless someone goes out their way to let him know the tally, but I take it someone up top is just intent and content if they can have the record show come his passing on that they got him, they took his ideas and his name and did what they liked even if he didn't like it.

I don't know how on board Johns is on all that, but it's pretty clear he has full clearance to carry on as long as it takes. Because the alternative, letting it go, would be one for Moore against the company without even trying, and they can't have that on the scoreboard.

Attached: Bitch to be her right now.png (800x820, 1.05M)

I think it's got to do with them trying to mine every single IP they have because comics sales are awful and they need to get money through any means possible.

Geoff Johns has a massive butthurt about Alan Moore ever since Blackest Night, when Moore joked in some interview that he was surprised DC had turned his little Green Lantern one-off into a huge saga and that it felt they were going through his trash in the dead of the night like a pair of raccoons. Clickbait sites ran with the interview for weeks on end and even got DC to comment on it, and Johns was fucking livid.

It's funny how everybody took offense at the raccoon remark, saying that Geoff Johns was more than that, only to Johns himself prove Moore right just a few years later.

He was just pretending the whole creative bankruptcy

The way that IP’s are handled in American comics make me ill. Give the rights to the creator or fuck off.

>That image.

Is everybody pretending to be retarded? why is the usually spread watchmen interpretation the most stupid one?

Attached: 1497430742645.jpg (1252x1252, 113K)

I don't think this is actually the case. I mean i don't doubt the DC higher ups have actual disdain for Moore but it can't be the main reason. They would've and could've done all of this decades ago.

Why wait to do it now?

Johns is getting royalties from his """"OCs"""" in the HBO series, WB just selected their biggest whore, the guy with less artistic integrity to do this cashgrab, that's one of the reasons why Johns is having such a hard job coming out with the issues, he didn't plan it and now hw has to deliver a story that fits the selling pitch the Public Relations guys from DC come out with to justify this shameless use of the watchmen IP

>If it were just the art i'd be justifiable if Frank were going balls to the walls like JHW III did for Overtur
But JHW III is actually good

Frank's better.

>Retard Allert

If you like wooden characters, sure

Go to bed Geoff

I'm talking about genuinely good stories written by Johns.

That image gave me cancer.

Because it's the easiest one to understand.

Attached: 1236723172098.jpg (290x460, 44K)

His first JSA was "good", he has never done anything that is actually good. But this is Yea Forums where good just means "something i like".

>Johns is getting royalties from his """"OCs"""" in the HBO series
Could you please elaborate and specify on this? as far as i know Lindelof is writting all of that by himself.

Attached: recb.png (1300x652, 966K)

>first issue came out in 2017
>there is a non-0 chance that the final issue won't be out until 2020
What an absolute disaster.

why you gotta be a hater bro?

When DC published the "Before Watchmen" books they laid themselves open to legal action by Moore, because the Watchmen contract apparently didn't give them permission to publish sequels or prequels without the consent of the creators. But then Moore made it clear he had no intention of taking legal action over the prequels, so I assume DC now think they can use the Watchmen characters however they like with no fear of reprisals.

>tfw you will never get a JSA book because Johns can't get his shit together.

Attached: Flash215.jpg (603x900, 186K)

Marrionete is already confirmed for the show,
user this story is about HOPE. Johns is doing a metacommentary about how shitty comics have become, everything is garbage, only hopeful people will be reading the BASED and COMFY last issue, i really HOPE superman hugs tons of children, i will cry HOPEful tears

I think even Saint Walker here is starting to crack.

You guys aren't even understanding the story yet you are talking shit about it, hilarious.

Geoff Johns is making a story called Doomsday Clock and he doesn't know how to real the time on a traditional clock.

Attached: Clocks.png (477x350, 168K)

>Johns is getting royalties from his """"OCs"""" in the HBO series

I'm pretty sure he's getting more royalties than just that. As points out, the guy already has a big chunk of the DCU in his pocket, and he's still reaching for more.

I think Johns has figured out a way into riches by being a professional grave robber.

Attached: Sad Hal.jpg (226x257, 63K)

>professional grave robber
Don't be sensationalist now. All capeshit writters are basicaly this. There's no ethical difference in transfering the methodology to other mediums.

I just hate how much of a hypocrite Johns is. There's an early issue of GL where Mongul comes to earth and the beginning is him landing earth and disintegrating a man and his prepubescent child on page. Just because.
And then he's the one complaining about edge and pointless deaths and shit in comics.

Hell, Moore's the one who perpetuated the idea, and his entire cape comic career for the past decade has been him digging up graves left, right and center to write glorified fan fiction.

should just say his comic career, my bad.

>Moore's the one who perpetuated the idea
Technically no? The glorified fan fic thing isn't off but, he's been the one writer who is against adapting things just to get the big bucks and also often relinquishes or hands over his share often.

It's everyone else like Millar who's dove head first into the money pit.

He's cool with edgy garbage as long as it's HIS edgy garbage.

Johns has never written anything good and all of his fans are actually fucking retards, no wonder a ton became comicgators

You're an idiot if you don't think his JSA and Flash runs are quality cape comics. Also DCU Rebirth is an incredible character focus story.

DC Rebirth wasn't anything special, the only reason it's so well regarded here because it's the first event in a while where the characters aren't being reimagined with a new stupid gimmick and were mostly played straight. Outside of that, the writing itself was mostly mediocre.

>JSA
Robinson ghost wrote it with Goyer
>Flash
Retard brought back his beloved Barry and Wally's been shit since

Can't deny it's been better than expected so far.

his Flash was mediocre as fuck, Rebirth was a lame issue, get some standards

>DCU Rebirth is an incredible character focus story
lol

They have VERY different ideas about the DCU which when it was just about comics they could still work together. Now that all that Hollywood money is flopping around and when Johns was technically DD's boss for a while it went to pot rather quickly.

>Johns has a bad habit of hogging the toys to himself, doesn't he?

Now that they've based the Shazam movie off of his reboot he's just chasing the money.

Just about EVERYBODY has pitched a Shazam series at some point and DC has always shot them down. For years there was a rumor that DC was still scared that if an A-lister did Shazam it could outstrip Superman again like in the 40's and they just weren't having it so they let Ordway tell his cutesy stuff, Jeff Smith his non continuity series, & the odd "Freddy is Cap, Billy is the Wizard" now run....Hell they wouldn't even let Alex Ross at the height of his post Kingdom Come popularity have Shazam which would have sold like crazy.

This...hell give ANYTHING to Jeff Parker....

Attached: ross shazam.jpg (1156x1023, 365K)

It's boring but it's pretty, and pretty art sells more than interesting art.

Fuck off faggot

Attached: 1546455782285.jpg (749x500, 132K)

baste

>Hell they wouldn't even let Alex Ross at the height of his post Kingdom Come popularity
That's fucking insane. Like it or not Kingdom Come is one of the most famous comic volumes maybe ever. Why do they fear the big Shazam cock so much?

Attached: SHAe.png (661x1024, 1.31M)

Dam that would've been d ope

Attached: 1544681251963.png (516x680, 41K)

Whoa thank you Geoff Johns!

Attached: golly.png (500x813, 173K)

lol Tomasi's run had elements of that.

Plus Johns OYL era stuff were all great to pick up and get a good chunk of Superman lore in a great snapshot.

Didio you dumb fuck.

>ryan reynolds GL movie

No, that was much more Gerard Jones' Emerald Dawn book. Change Parallax to Legion and it fits. Essentially Johns run was huge at the time so they changed a few names. It ended up giving the film huge plotholes and a dumb smoke monster for fuck off reason.

For All Seasons and the rest of Loeb's run should be better collected

Now we need the 9 panel grid one

Gotchu senpai.

Attached: why.png (630x976, 234K)

did captain Marvel always shoot lighting from his Chest?

johns did an uncredited rewrite with a lot of the stuff and he was a producer

it ends with the yellow lantern corps sinestro

They should've gotten Morrison to do this shit, Pax Americana was way better.

i think he started with the new52

>Doomsday happens
>Doomsday Clock #11 hasn't been resolicited yet?

>DOOMSDAY CLOCK #9 Pushed Back 10 Weeks
>Nothing ends, Adrian. Nothing ever ends.
Absolutely HYPERCRISIS

>Doomsday Clock is counting down to the actual doomsday.
He's a mad man. A MADMAN!

Attached: Geoff-Johns-Rings.jpg (300x325, 40K)

I can't believe this is still going on, I tapped out around issue 5 when Joker appeared. What happened since then?

Alan Moore has published 8 issues of comics since Doomsday Clock started

perfect

>What happened since then?
nothing

This. This simple.

Overthinking it. Big corporations are incredibly short term in goals and thinking. Moore is just collateral damage.

Yup. Even Zack fucking Snyder understood Watchmen better than John's or Didio. And Snyder didn't understand Watchmen at all.

Wait, what is that image from? I don't remember it at all

Johns is one of the main reason comics have sucked post-2008 ironically. The other is Bendis.

DCU Rebirth, end of the Legacy part.
dc.fandom.com/wiki/DCU:_Rebirth_Vol_1_1

Pottery

Attached: bendis and bizarro bendis.jpg (633x262, 48K)

So they basically realised they had no payoff for everything they promised with the N52, despite shilling her as hard as could be, right?

Millar is honourable in that unlike Johns or Bendis say, he has never had pretensions of being Moore. From the start he was clear he is the Michael Bay of comics and doesn't give a fuck about hs comics being anything more than popcorn pop culture. He is a proud happy whore and one with a heart of gold. Johns and Bendis meanwhile think they are Moore level while being the biggest dirtiest cheapest dead inside STD ridden whores in comics.

Attached: mark-millar-main-2.png (700x421, 156K)

Friendly reminder Bendis(and as you can see from Doomsday Cock, Johns too) hate Moore. Hell, Bendis once wrote on his log that he hates Moore and Morrison and how they're treated as the Biggie and 2pac of comics.

Is it me or has half the story introduced in the first half been completely forgotten? Specifically Mime and Marionette. Feels like something big was going to happen with those two but then they just vanished all together. I'm guessing it is tying into Three Jokers somehow.

>I'm guessing it is tying into Three Jokers somehow.
Johns was going to make one of the jokers their missing son, internet guessed it so he just dropped it.

He should've just rolled with it since the Mime and Marionette plotline now feels completely disconnected from Doomsday Clock.

Am I alone in thinking Gary Frank's art is just ugly as hell? It's Howard Chaykin-levels of awful

They had actually already given her an ending during the whole Future's End stuff, which involved a cycle of reboots and how the sins were actually alternate versions of her, struggling to be the one to rebuild the world. Then at the end she broke the cycle, giving freedom and potential to the world.

This was just Johns ignoring what other people had done with the character and maybe showing his dislike for her in general (considering how she was supposed to appear in JL War/Forever Evil based on early promo art and had been dumped, which is how other people ended up writing her comic).

>It's Howard Chaykin-levels of awful
I wouldn't have had a problem with your post had you not included this. Fuck off. You can call something bad without resorting to hurr it just liek rob lifield xDDD levels of hyperbole.

Johns is writing 2 books. And both are getting delayed. On Shazam first 5 issues 2 were delayed. You must be stupid if you think it's not Johns fault.

He wrote some good comics, yes. But he also wrote a lot of shitty ones

If they hate or like Moore or Moz is of no relevance. Bendis and Johns have pretensions they are as good or as relevant as the first two. Millar doesn't give a fuck and just writes widescreen comics with explosions.

Are you retarded? My point is that Bendis does not think he is "as good as them", he would consider that an insult as he clearly thinks he's better. And Millar sure as fhell gives a fuck much more than you think, you should listen to him sometime, he jumped on the everything should be lighthearted and kid friendly train too when it got traction despite making his career on edgy violence.

>millar doesn't give a fuck

Are you insane?

>had 5 fucking years to write Curse's sequel
>only does it when the movie is out so he can shill it for the sequel and get EVEN more shekels

Don't even make me start with Rise of the Seven Seas.

>the biggest dirtiest cheapest dead inside STD ridden whores in comics.
Yeah, baby. Whores whores whores whores whores whores.

Attached: 600full-frank-miller-120x120.jpg (120x120, 5K)