Is it just me or are old Popeye comics based as fuck?

Is it just me or are old Popeye comics based as fuck?

Attached: popeye_wimpy_murders_a_fucking_cow_by_maltian-d9bsm5k.jpg (1600x1254, 575K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/13E_aWn5mEU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

wimpy doesn't fuck around

He's alpha as fuck

Attached: popeyehamburgermurder.jpg (1792x1440, 1.66M)

Attached: popeyehamburgermurder2.jpg (1600x1283, 838K)

Hell yeah. The Plunder Island arc is one of the best comics ever. Too many people focus on just Popeye, and tropes from the cartoons, to realize how good Thimble Theater was.

>plop
so is this the inspiration for that comic from chile?

what a legend

Anyone else got some more Thimble Theater to share?

Attached: Popeye.jpg (920x760, 181K)

When your standards are low enough, anything can be *forced meme phrase of the year*.

Ain't nothing meme about Popeye. Go eat a fucking hamburger.

Popeye is the epitome of masculinity. It's not like comic books or anime where they're made for boys who wish they were men, it's made for actual men

Attached: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2Fp5l6JZjdXsH7O%2Fgiphy.gif&f=1.gif (500x374, 1018K)

Wish Fantagraphics would reprint their Popeye collections
It feels like cheating for Popeye to eat spinach to beat Bluto

>It feels like cheating for Popeye to eat spinach to beat Bluto

That's crazy talk

>Based as fuck
>2019 meme

Attached: 1504628244560.jpg (1000x1488, 545K)

Savagery

Yes, they're great stories and Popeye is a badass. Thimble Theatre is the closest thing the west has to Fist of the North Star.
I have the first four, I was too late to get the fifth one though.

He revived himself by the raw hamburger hunger. And Goku needs the damn dragon balls to make it.

>It feels like cheating for Popeye to eat spinach to beat Bluto
Well, Bluto cheats a lot for the great part of the episodes/comics, so it's kinda a fair payback.

the whole time I'm expecting him to be like "look, a cow is equivalent to MANY hamburgers, this is a fine trade, I'm just going to let you do the work butchering it and making it into ground beef" and Popeye to be like "that soundsk like too much work, i aint a butcher" etc
and in the end it turns out wimpy is able to make it himself, begging the question of why he wanted to sell the cow

Is wimpy jughead's ancestor

>his desire for burgers brought him back to life

A true American hero

Are more recent Popeye comics as badass as this?

Like the current newspaper comics? They're not good.

Attached: suckypopeye.png (1536x718, 1.2M)

>i enjoy to get shot
Fucking hilarious.

Probs because he was too easygoing/lazy to want to do all that work turning a cow into burger meat.
But then it turns out you really just need to skin it and chuck it in the grinder.
I like how he just has a giant pile of it like he's out there rolling meat-joints.

>and in the end it turns out wimpy is able to make it himself, begging the question of why he wanted to sell the cow

Probably because it made for a funnier comic strip

What's his power level?

Attached: starving wimpy eats a bear popeye.png (504x600, 547K)

As long as he hungers, his power is limitless.

Kinda funny that Max Fleischer passed on making Wimpy a major character like Popeye. That's not to say Popeye isn't great, but Wimpy's pretty underrated.

The hungrier he get the higher it is.

you wouldnt like him when hes hungry

Wimpy is incredibly one note. He's a born supporting cast member

He's come a long way

youtu.be/13E_aWn5mEU

Could he beat Kirby in an eating contest if the contest involved eating hamburgers?

Attached: images.jpg (640x480, 49K)

Attached: 1504618421623.jpg (1200x949, 479K)

Attached: lf.jpg (1415x1481, 942K)

Attached: lf (1).jpg (1750x1398, 894K)

Attached: lf (2).jpg (3000x2443, 1.74M)

Attached: lf (5).jpg (3000x2455, 1.6M)

Thanks for all the Popeye comics! #feelingblessed

I've seen this a lot. Woman realizes she can't compete. First comes surprise, then fear, then anger.
This is why they're trying to make "trap" become a slur.

Yea Forums actually would be better if it had hashtags.

At this point these things are just cranked out to maintain the rights

>that's my secret popeye
>i'm always hungry

Popeye vs Cuckeye

Wimpy is actually one of the more prominent supporting characters in the Fleischer shorts.

Butchering a cow makes a man hungry

Next time I get a burger I'll put pickles, onions, and lettuce on it. Looks like Wimpy's on to something.

There's just something about the cadence of Segar's dialogue that really tickles my funnybone.
>OL' PAL OF MINE--
>two hamburgers

It sounds delicious

Wimpy has toonforce when it comes to hamburgers, the question is if Kirby has enough hax to overcome.

One of the great things about Thimble Theater Wimpy is how he had no moral alliance whatsoever and would happily associate with the villains if it was convenient for him, like in It is delicious. Mushrooms are good too, and don't forget tomato, natch.

Lettuce and tomato aren't great, pickle/grilled onion/grilled mushroom is the best

Attached: Popeye Bluto.webm (580x480, 2.4M)

Attached: scatfags.jpg (214x435, 53K)

What a "weird" character Geezil the salesman was

Attached: George w geezil.gif (300x225, 919K)

Popeye cartooons are fucking brutal

In the comic he's obviously a Jew. It might not be obvious anymore, but his diction is blatantly a turn-of-the-century, vaudeville-type comedy Jew. Lots of his turns of phrase in the Wimpy-killing comics show it. (Krusty's dad talks in a very similar way in the old Simpsons episodes featuring him, in fact)

Im jewish and can confirm. It looks like the classic old american jew.

No, Jughead is Wimpy's spirit animal.