Why was getting Batman and Superman working so difficult?

Why was getting Batman and Superman working so difficult?

Attached: oh.jpg (720x837, 121K)

Zack Snyder

please kill harleen already

They didn’t have enough symbolism.

First you people complain there's too much batman and Superman now you're complaining there's not ENOUGH batman and Superman

Make up your minds

>4 Harley projects
That seems a bit much

FPBP

Top kek. I mean really who the fuck let any of these cunts have jobs.
This shit is unreal.

Because they made a Superman who saves people with a grimace as if he’d rather be doing anything else, and a Batman whos entire plan in BvS is plotting literal murder.

I'm so glad Zack got off that sinking ship, he was too good for WB.
It's a shame we'll never get to see the things he had planned for JL

One a year

This, Lois' abortion would have been KINO

Fanboy autism.

This
He fucked up their core characterization early on because muh-Watchmen and so they don't have any solid basis on which to write them anymore

>WW
>the best thing about JL
Hahahah nope

Kal el noo

People complaiend about having too much Batman and how the DCEU would become a gotham expanded universe because of spinoff films like Birds of Prey and Batgirl

Was this before or after WB's at-the-time CEO got caught paying favors for sex, and got fired?

>17 Nov 17
Gee I wonder

>WB is developing FOUR projects featuring Harley Quinn.

Attached: 1459475466596.jpg (942x943, 123K)

>DUDE LET ME DECONSTRUCT THESE CHARACTERS I NEVER BOTHERED TO CONSTRUCT XD

Because it's way too "risky" in our current political and social climate to tackle a story about a super-powered alien from outer spaced being raised by a wholesome Midwestern family to become the ultimate symbol of American awesomeness for the world.

People often complain that Superman is boring because he's OP, but that's just a cop-out--just look at captain marvel ffs. ironically this is one of the *best* times to make a proper superman film if they roll with the theme of "finding the U.S.'s soul again"

Same
>Hire divisive director and a team that DOESN'T want to do generic capeshit
>theatrical cut isn't even made by the director and leaves tons of development and plot in the cutting room
>the reception is negative
>Extended cut reception is more positive and but is still divisive, develops a cult status
>WB has people who wants the marvelbucks
>WB fucks over snyder who has family drama and isn't willing to keep fighting over a product that isn't even his anymore
>WB alienates the public that liked BvS with the changes in JL
>WB alienates the general public who was willing to give DC a chance after WW with justice league
>WB fucks over actors and even more directors

Fucking Yea Forums will fucking defend WB because it's better to bitch about Snyder than to actually talk ill about a shitty comporation filled with people who refuse to accept they fucked up.

Grow up manchild, America is shit, you want a cringey movie with daddy superman to feel better, comfyfags are retarded, but the pro-american propaganda you are talking about it's fucking offensive, stop watching cartoons and open a fucking book, there's no such thing as US's soul" or american ideals (aside from manifest destiny).

Attached: 1511321773902.png (337x334, 172K)

Yea Forums talks all the time about how retarded WB is, but Snyder is also a giant retard and WB is retarded for letting him anywhere near these projects.

This fucking faggot thought it was a great idea to do the Justice League films as "INJUSTICE: LIVE ACTION!" because he's too much an objectivist randian retard to understand the concept of altruism.

>THESE FICTIONAL CHARACTERS WOULD NEVER ACT THIS WAY!! THIS IS THE REAL WORLD! STOP LIVING IN A FANTASY WORLD, NERD!

>he said this about a movie where an all but human alien, an autistic furry, and a greek demigod fight a 40 foot tall grey retard hunchback made by a spastic faggot using a giant cum machine

Is Zack Snyder retarded for real?

DC seems to make a habit of hiring dude bro filmmakers and writers that have no love for the characters or respect for the fans.

Yeah. He blew it.

He got handed the most iconic IP's in the industry and threw gutterballs for half a decade while Fiegco was turning C-listers like GotG into billion dollar franchises.

The failure of the DC connected cinematic universe falls squarely and heavily on him. He's a great visual director. Honestly he's incredible. Opening sequence for Watchmen for example. Stunning. But the bottom line is he's an idiot. Which means once you go beyond visuals everything goes in the tank.

It's like he's ashamed to be working with the characters so he has to make them grim dark and edgy. Guy has a big ego for someone that's only made two decent movies. One of which was because of the writing of James Gunn (Dawn of the Dead) and the other because it was laid out right in front of him (Watchmen).

Fans don't deserve respect. They're mostly obnoxious, narcissistic, highly self-entitled, higher than thou assholes.

It's not. Man of Steel and Batman v Superman were both fine movies. However, comic movies cater to the lowest common denominator, so anything having consequences, weight, or even a darker tone is hated. Couple that with simple-minded people, believing themselves to be intelligent, enjoy a constant barrage of quips, because they themselves believe this to be a mark of intelligence, shows why neither movie made the impact they should have.

Pic related.

Attached: t74fjx7v8sqz.png (754x734, 768K)

>Man of Steel and Batman v Superman were both fine movies

Imagine honestly and unironically believing this. Imagine beliving BvS was a "fine" movie. Just imagine living in that head. Seeing the world through that prism 24/7.

Real spooky stuff.

Attached: jcOLFhC.jpg (540x430, 37K)

I love BvS, found WW to be very mediocre at best, and think Aquaman and Shazam! were both great. What now?

I'm talking about true fans. They exist, they just get drowned out because the obnoxious ones are louder and vile.

Like when David Goyer went off about Martian Manhunter and She-Hulk. It's people that have no fucking understanding of the characters or why people like them that are in charge of shit and then they wonder why the stuff they produce turns to shit.

Like a bunch of former bullies that used to beat up the kids actually reading the comics grew up and are now in charge of said comics,

Hopefully with Shazam doing so well, they'll wake the fuck up and see that most people are looking for escapism not a reminder of how shitty life is.

Maybe he’s racist against green folk. Someone should ask him about Kermit and Yoda.

Geoff Johns doesn't know how to write a good Superman story

>I love BvS

Attached: Pc1vSmC.gif (400x236, 1.52M)

>because he's too much an objectivist randian
The only objetivism in fucking BvS comes from Lex. The movie is shit for other reasons, don't repeat that bullshit.
He didn't said that. Being outraged about false quotes it's pretty stupid

BVS was fine after you watched the directors cut but man, watching 3 plus hours really takes a toll on you

Fucking reddit
>Like a bunch of former bullies that used to beat up the kids actually reading the comics grew up and are now in charge of said comics
Good, fuck fanboys or else you get morons like Johns or Loeb involved in movies.

>Like when David Goyer went off about Martian Manhunter and She-Hulk. It's people that have no fucking understanding of the characters or why people like them that are in charge of shit and then they wonder why the stuff they produce turns to shit.
God, it really is like this sometimes, isn't it?

>Make shittier Superman movies
>Why does no one like Superman?
Does WB not think the problem is the shit they produce?

>>He didn't said that. Being outraged about false quotes it's pretty stupid
He said almost exactly that when justifying why Batman was decapitating people with his tank.

>BVS was fine after you watched the directors cut but man, watching 3 plus hours really takes a toll on you
I agree, it's an attention heavy movie, it's dense, i don't believe it's a bad movie, but it's not enjoyble.

>>The only objetivism in fucking BvS comes from Lex. The movie is shit for other reasons, don't repeat that bullshit.
>A directors obvious and public philosophies dont influence the media they create

>Why was getting Batman and Superman working so difficult?
They're fairly niche characters who don't really sell. Harley has a proven track record and is a safer bet.

Best thing about Justice league was Superman actually.

user, suits are like this all across the board, in any creative medium.

You literally had armchair CEOs on fucking Yea Forums, of all places, talking about how Superman as a property is just impossible to make work because they already tried 2 different possible directions and they both failed, therefore, the property sucks. And those were just wannabee market analysts.

The first cut was just so bad, and what I saw didn’t interest me enough to trying watching it again only it’s now 3 hours long. It has to be a completely different movie for me to try again.

It is better, it is improved.

That doesn't mean it's good though. My god it is not good. It's still terrible. Just better.

Based and redpilled

Attached: 23f.jpg (3000x1996, 771K)

Because WB let Zack Snyder do what he wanted for Man of Steel and BvS. That royally fucked everything up and then they tried to “fix” things with Suicide Squad and Justice League. There’s a reason the best DC films right now are the ones WB management had less creative input and Zack Snyder wasn’t directing: cause they both suck. Wonder Woman, Shazam and Aquaman are successful BECAUSE neither of those worked on those movies. Fuck, Whedon’s additions to Justice League probably saved the unfinished mess that Snyder left behind. I liked the visuals and action in Man of Steel, but it was a shit story and it got worse in BvS in almost every account. Only the Batman warehouse fight was cool in that movie. WB needs to let the movies be their own thing and stop hiring hacks like Snyder.

what was even his lex luthor

Imagine trying to twist the words of an anonymous user on Yea Forums so you could post your asinine and completely nonsensical rebuttal. BvS is a fine movie. I didn't say it was groundbreaking, outstanding, a cinematic masterpiece, or anything that deserved the undivided praise of everyone on Earth. I didn't even use Yea Forums's idiotic kino terms. See, just because something is fine, doesn't mean it's something other than that. BvS had faults, some of which were fixed by the director's cut, some of which weren't, and overall, it's just that: a fine movie. Stop using modern reviewing criteria.

But they didn't and that's well documented. His Superman trilogy got canned by execs in favor of WB forcing him to rush out a "cinematic universe".

Attached: F8xmv6e.jpg (1786x919, 121K)

No he didn't. There's no such thing as "almost exactly", he mocked retards who think story and plot should serve the characters and bend to protect the expectations of manchildren. But it was funny and dumb when he said "you lost your virginity to my movie" instead of loss innocence. Don't cry over fake quotes.

>Superman
They had one job. Make a feelgood and action packed movie about the man of steel. They failed.

>Batman
It was fucked before it began

>>A directors obvious and public philosophies dont influence the media they create
In Snyder's case? Nope, it doesn't.

Got it already, glad Cavill is still under contract, hopefully he gets his mos2 he wants with a good director, and hope they take Affleck up on his offer.

>Make a feelgood and action packed movie about the man of steel.
Not Muh faggots are retarded.

No, what's retarded is taking a hopeful and upbeat character and making him gritty and brooding because "this movie about a flying alien from another planet needs to reflect reality" or whatever bullshit.

Honestly i'm still shocked anyone thought Man of Steel needed any sort of continuation or connected universe.

This. Entirely.

They gave him a character he seems to actively hate and wanted that as a focus for their universe

It's like this almost all the time now. The people in charge of creating niche media these days are the same people who look down with disdain at the people who traditionally consumed and made those things popular in the first place. I honestly don't know what nerd and loser kids have to get into these days that the normalfags aren't busy ruining, no wait, I do. Far-right politics.

That gate should have been kept with fucking ICBMs.

If people are reacting positively to Shazam played straight, I genuinely don't think Superman as a character is the problem.
Also they KNOW how to make Batman work with a modern audience, how short is their memory?

No one complained about too much Superman.

>so anything having consequence

Superman is revived in the next film. So much consequence

Suits blame the products, not themselves.

Dark Superman can and has been done well, but it's a terrible way to start off your big DC movie universe.

Now that's only important if you're a WB executive, but there's tons of fuckup just as a movie. The script was garbage, the casting wasn't great, the ads were distracting, and Snyder's only strength as a director is big action.
To be fair that's a significant strength to have when making a superhero movie. Maybe MoS would have been amazing if those were the only scenes he directed.

If I remember correctly, there was supposed to be.. 5 films between BvS and Superman's revival in Justice League, Part 2. But that was clearly scraped.

you forgot what happened after
>gets away from Snyder's bullshit
>makes money without a hack director in charge
They're both at fault

based

This absolutely. And he thinks he's so smart afterwards.

He just seems like a huge, stupid cunt.

Yeah then you give him free reign and he craps out his diarrhea and can't believe nobody likes it so he copes by saying his retarded ass is just to smart for the general populace. Absolute brainlet.

>Dark Superman can and has been done well, but it's a terrible way to start off your big DC movie universe.
This. It's something you work into. It's something you use to contrast the established character as he was previously depicted. You don't fucking start with it as your baseline.
ESPECIALLY when it's been so long since a modern audience has seen the traditional character on the big screen, regardless of shared continuity.

Well, yeah, I get the appeal of a dark Superman. I dug Injustice alright. But it's better as an elseworld story than one that is supposed to be an overarching MCU-like universe.

Snyder had Watchmen, he really didn't need to recreate it with DC characters this time. Dude was totally the wrong choice.

Zach Snyder is such an awful fucking retard of a director that he somehow managed to make a shot for shot adaptation of Watchmen that not only completely missed every theme, message, and idea in the original comic, but somehow was able to turn them all into the exact opposite of what Alan Moore was trying to do.

That really takes a special type of incompetence that is almost a talent in and of itself. He should have never been allowed anywhere near any DC superhero character.

>Because it's way too "risky" in our current political and social climate to tackle a story about a super-powered alien from outer spaced being raised by a wholesome Midwestern family to become the ultimate symbol of American awesomeness for the world.

The fact that the climax of the movie is that the US military teams up with superman to stop the bad guys is pretty god damn egregious. Because of it you have the military go to metropolis while superman fucks off to the opposite end of the world that has a population density of .001%. Resulting in metropolis losing a chunk of its population because all the military can do is preform a kamikaze attack at the terraformer. So in the end The military got its fan wank moment because it took on goliath and win, while superman gets shit on for allowing the deaths of millions to happen because the story forced him out of the whole picture.

Attached: supes.png (500x332, 350K)

>It's not. Man of Steel and Batman v Superman were both fine movies.
Pffhahahahaha

He should be mocked for making his characters do retarded shit so he can add symbolism and have the plot go where he wants it to go even if it doesn't make sense to go that way. But yeah he's already mocked for that so it's all good.

>a hopeful and upbeat character and making him gritty and brooding
There's nothing gritty about superman in MoS or BvS. And superman brooding is a part of the character since the fucking 50's, the whole last son of krypton angle and shit like For the Man Who Has Everything and peace on earth are about superman "brooding". You comfyfags always want to avoid any storytelling that doesn't have characters in a place where they are happy, no, superman won't be smiling after saving a kid that just lost his fucking family in a fucking fire, superman will never like people thinking he is a god, being hopeful means you can rise against adversity and see a way to go beyond the current problems, Superman can hear people being raped, abused and killed all the time, he isn't fucking psyco, that means he gets doubts, he feels bad and still can push forward, the best superman escene in BvS was Clark calling his mom for advice when he was feeling like shit, that is true to superman, just becuase the movie focus on the struggle instead of the victory doesn't mean the character isn't faithful to it's comic version. The movies are dense, boring and wasted time on plot points that would had only made sense after 6 fucking movies, snyder and terrio are retards, but the bitching over "not muh" comes from comfyfags with daddy issues who need "feel good" moments. There's no "correct" way to use a character, Snyder's fails come from structural problems in his movies, not from "brooding".

Yeah, it'd be like starting X-Men with Logan's tone as your first movie. That's completely retarded

Ezra is out. No speedster.

People have been messing up Superman for the past few decades, its not just Snyder

Logan wasn't a sad or even dark movie if you are not emotionally invested in the character.

>Shazam works
>Batman Dark Knight trilogy works
>Snyder bullshit gets panned
>No it's totally the characters you guys.
Absolutely hate both WB and Snyder for fucking up what could have been a fantastic DCAU type movie series. It's less short memory at this point rather than actual mental retardation.

specially considering he starts blaming everyone (including the audience) but himself

>There's nothing gritty about superman in MoS or BvS.
Remember when he let his dad get killed for the sake of dramatic effect in MoS?
Or when he received ransom photos of his mom that looked like something out of a snuff flick in BvS?
The character himself doesn't have to act gritty, if his close environment does the job for him.

Attached: example-10506.jpg (1024x1024, 221K)

awesome

>Father figure slowly dying from mental degeneration while you struggle to support him, while you yourself are physically degenerating.
Yeah, its real upbeat, snowflake.

>I honestly don't know what nerd and loser kids have to get into these days that the normalfags aren't busy ruining, no wait, I do. Far-right politics.
The sad part is, you're completely right.

I wish gatekeeping weren't a social faux pas. I don't give a fuck if you're white, black, male, female, gay, whatever. If you call yourself a big, huge, whatever, "fan" of a certain property but you know fuck-all about it or have shit taste in your opinions, I should be able to call you out on it.

>Remember when he let his dad get killed for the sake of dramatic effect in MoS?
Yes, usually things happenin movies for dramatic effects, bad things usually
>Or when he received ransom photos of his mom that looked like something out of a snuff flick in BvS?
Yes, Lex Luthor was an evil cunt that enjoyed seeing the most powerful man on the world being broken and kneeling
>The character himself doesn't have to act gritty, if his close environment does the job for him.
Exactly, so it's not a problem of the character, and that was Snyder was saying that fanboys don't want to see their characters being tested, they want superman lifting a mountain of kryptonite, his whole autistic rant was about how a part of the (internet) audience doesn't want to see something that challenges what they EXPECT. And he is right, but the thing is, he KNOWS it's a BRAND, he knows a loud portion of the audience will get mad and he still does it.
Snyder is retarded, he knew and understood all that and still went ahead.

/thread.

It's not upbeat, but it's just standard drama, stop watching cartoons, also pretending Xavier was a father figure is pure projection

>but you know fuck-all about it or have shit taste in your opinions, I should be able to call you out on it.
You don't have to be a hostile little cunt about it tho.
Also, people are allowed to be fans of Spider-Man without being required to read all of his comics.

Attached: Acktually.png (700x700, 21K)

>People to this day still defend Snyder
I sincerely don't get it. It's not like he ever had a particularly good reputation before getting in the DCEU. The best movie he had under his belt (and still is) was 300 and that movie was enjoyed for being pure schlock and not remotely for any "cleverness".

The thing with Snyder is he didn't test Superman. The problem was his movie didn't have Superman in the first place.

Because the people liked his movies. It's as simple as that.

Logan is literally trying to keep his head down and raise enough money for a boat, so they can take one last sunny trip and die of their ailments in peace, but both of them end up in unmarked graves in the woods.
>also pretending Xavier was a father figure is pure projection

Attached: 1379520578766.png (405x405, 153K)

But you're wrong. The movie had Superman. Superman's always striving to do against in despite of himself. Nothing in either MoS and BvS does Superman wrong. It's just that the movies does away with the feel good power fantasy where Superman can do everything and nothing bad ever happens.

And by people he means Autists.

Fair enough, but how come when Snyder makes schlock he's declared a "genius" by a small cult following of rabid fans but Micheal Bay makes schlock of equal quality and he's considered worse than Hitler by 99% of the population?

Why does Snyder of all people have this fanbase?

Attached: i guess.png (1200x1314, 46K)

>>Remember when he let his dad get killed for the sake of dramatic effect in MoS?
>Yes, usually things happenin movies for dramatic effects, bad things usually

Compare it to Donner's way of handling. Superman man had all the power but was powerless to prevent Pa kent's failing heart. While in MoS superman HAD the power to save his dad, but was told not to because Pa kent was trying to teach him "don't stick your neck out for anyone even when you have the ability to do so" which is the very antithesis to Superman's overall philosophy.

No. Whoever that dude in the movie is is not Superman. He did not have Superman's character.He did not have Superman's attitude. And he did not have Superman's beliefs. All he had was the name.

Take for example his father's death. Superman would never in a million years allow that to happen. So if you're going to test Superman you make him save his father and make him face the consequences. By making him stand there like a retard, you take away what makes him Superman and that's not challenging the character that's creating your own and claiming that that's how he would act in the real world.

I feel the ones crying about Snyder literally raping their family are the bigger autists here. Superman fans sometimes comes off as fucking preachers that goes to door to door trying to preach people about the gospel of Superman, and everything someone says something bad about the character or ignores them, they lose their shit. Because the world HAS to like Superman.

Fuck, have you seen a Superman fanboy talking about why casuals find Superman lame? They will unironically say that the world is going to doom for the simple fact that people don't like the character. They will try to convince you that people not liking Superman is the sign of the end of times. That is peak autism,

>Superman's always striving
Let me stop you right there.
Superman isn't striving to do shit in the Snyderverse. He reluctantly gets drug into doing shit like saving the Earth because he'd be depressed if his Mom died with her planet. He doesn't enthusiastically do a damn thing, he's like a teenager being asked to take out the garbage.
He's a morose manchild drifting around the continent taking on shit jobs and being sullen.

He takes up the burden of flying around and performing rescues because he's pressured into it by his space dad and girlfriend.
It's not until his personality is reversed in the last act of JUSTice League that he starts acting a bit Superman.

Attached: Supaman.png (720x392, 258K)

How about I hate WB AND Snyder?

In Richard Donner's movie the whole point of Superman failing to rescue his father from a heart-attack is just an excuse so later Superman can say FU to Jor-El, who's in the movie a stand-in for God, and use all his power to go back in time and save EVERYONE, specially Lois, his love interest, from death.

Why Superman didn't travel further in time to rescue is dad is something the movie never address.

Snyder directs and talks like someone who is embarrassed that comic books are comic booky.

>i' m smarter because im a cynical wake up sheeple we live in a society hey guys did you know life isnt a fairytale and that monster are real

You're 100% correct but that doesn't change the fact Snyderfags are also pretty autistic.

I'd say because Pa died of natural causes, whereas Lois and the rest died of a supervillain-instigated disaster? Also there's possible limits to how far he can rewind.

Hi Snyder. Sorry people didn't like your movie that you have to exaggerate to cope. You're absolutely right. It was those just those people who didn't like you're movies. The general public absolutely loves them and are very frustrated that you got fired. They're so frustrated in fact that they stopped supporting DC which is why Aquaman bombed and Shazam is universally panned.

You guys are wrong, but i've not the time right now to address it. Just know you guys are wrong. When i come back i'll respond.

It wasn't convincing the last time you Autis-plained it, so don't bother on my account.
I've seen the movie a few times. I own it in fact. I don't need it interpreted to me by a Snyderfaggot.

Attached: Magnus2.jpg (309x277, 42K)

Superman wasn't supposed to go back in time in the first movie, this was the producers decision agter they fired Donner, that scene was going to happen in Superman 2, that's why the ending of the Superman 2 Director's Cut version is almost the same from the Superman 1.

I'm gonna have to go with this guy The explanation is usually just people reaching by interpreting those scenes in their own retarded way that is in no way supported by the movie.

>"I kinda came to the conclusion also that they couldn't really talk in their suits, um, with any credibility. More than 4 or 5 lines and you start to notice, like wait, these are two guys ... one guys dressed up like a bat and the other has a big red 'S' on his chest, and they're being super serious about how mad they are at each other..."

Why was it silly for BvS in his eyes, but not silly for Watchmen? They were talking all the time.

Samefagging is never popular, user.

Generally people don't form fucking cults around them. Nolan is a well-respected director, I don't see people calling him the next Jesus. Tim Burton was once a Hollywood darling, I don't see people worshipping his every movie and even rightfully calling him out on his decline. The list goes on. There's nothing that makes Snyder so deserving of some kind of insane "HE'S MISUNDERSTOOD GENIUS" mentality

What's his offer? Also how come we didn't see Supes face in Shazam?

Gtfo Snyder, even fucking whedon knows Superman better than you.

>They will try to convince you that people not liking Superman is the sign of the end of times. That is peak autism
Yea Forums has a ton of supermanfags that clearly have daddy issues, they claim to LITERALLY cry when superman hugs someone. BUT they are not representative of the superman fandom, it's mostly a Yea Forums think, but you are absolutly right, we have people in this board that believes a good superman movie can cure depression and probably save "america" from evil gloom

I understand what you're saying but usually suits like the ram down properties they have until something works
Especially when something is at one time proven to work
Which both Superman and Batman are

I guess he convinced himself that was the fault that caused Watchmen to do poorly, instead Ozymandias being done awfully and his "silly" scheme replaced with something retarded and unworkable and contrary to the initial murders.

>and everything someone says something bad about the character or ignores them, they lose their shit. Because the world HAS to like Superman.
Well it's not like he's been getting the best representation in the past decades since his own fucking cartoons

Fucking autist.

That's really not something to samefag about but if it helps you cope then sure why not

Attached: SureWhyNot.png (1596x760, 140K)

I agree; Snyderman is a terrible autist.

Attached: Tornado Man of Steel.gif (320x180, 2.34M)

He's not wrong

It emotionally helps them deal with Snyder's rejection if we are all the same poster, a "Ladderbro" if you will.

Michael Bay isn't as hated as Snyder because he doesn't pretend to be something he's not. When he makes movies like transformers he advertises it as a movie where robots punch each other. There's no fantastic plot or deep engaging characters so people know what to expect. Snyder pretends his shit is so deep and smart and actually gets mad when people don't like it.

>people

The only other person to work on a Superman movie franchise recently was Singer aka the child molester.

>"Stop invincible son, it'll cause a lot of family problems if you prevent this tornado from tearing me limb-from-limb in front of you and Ma, not to mention how it will distress the population to learn someone has special powers!"

Attached: mfwMan of Steel.jpg (544x352, 13K)

Kek yeah I get it's a coping mechanism. Kind of sad really. I guess there's a deeper message here in that we are all Ladderbro.

That means character development should come from Clark and Bruce's stories, and not from exposition while in suits. Snyder is right, in comics the characters have inner monologues, in the movie you can't have that, as always autists fail to understand something pretty basic. And the ultimate cut of BvS was pretty clear, Clark's journey to gotham and his interactions with his mom and lois are the basis for his arc, same for Bruce.

>Michael Bay isn't as hated as Snyder
That's objectively wrong though and the exact opposite of what I wrote.

You literally can't talk about him without someone calling him a hack or seething.

it's hard making characters work when you literally ignore decades of source material that shows you exactly how they work and instead try to do your own retarded thing.

But he's not referring to character development.
He's referring to two characters trying to resolve their rivalry by speaking to one another rather than flailing at one another like morons.
Which according to Snyder, is what characters should default to once costumed up.

>Tim Burton was once a Hollywood darling
and he got kicked out of Batman after parents got scared by Returns.

>He's referring to two characters trying to resolve their rivalry by speaking to one another
When has that EVER happened in fucking comics or capeshit movies??

You're going full headcanon to try and explain it again. Movies like Logan, The Dark Knight trilogy, and the MCU don't have exposition while in suits. Snyder legitimately believes that talking in suits is stupid. This is why he can't even get Superman to explain that his mom got kidnapped and why those 3 idiots can't even communicate with each other while fighting Doomsday.

It even happened in Civil War user. Cap was trying to explain to Tony that they were being tricked. He just didn't believe him because he thought he was blinded by Bucky. They still fought but at least it made sense because they tried to talk it out first.

Most recently? Nick Fury and Captain Marvel.
They go from him trying to apprehend her to both of them talking it out in a bar.
Also recently, Tony Stark and Peter Parker work out a bunch of shit in Homecoming.

In Infinity War, Stark and Strange agree to shelve their "who's the biggest asshole" competition and work together.

The Dark Knight returns.
The entire point of the battle was to make Superman vulnerable and feel like a human for a moment. precisely because Superman had refused to see things from Batman's point of view earlier in the comic.
After Batman imparts the feeling to Supes, he induces a heart attack on himself.
The entire point of the battle was to impart communication, make the other side see from your perspective.

They were allies

>Movies like Logan
Who's in a costume in Logan, or any of the Wolverine movies?
>The Dark Knight trilogy
Batman is the only superhero in TDK, I imagine that has a lot to do with him not talking to other superheroes in costume
>The MCU
see for recent examples.

Superman in JL sucked and only fanboys that care about powerlevels and him being the bestest ever liked it.

>In Infinity War, Stark and Strange agree to shelve their "who's the biggest asshole" competition and work together.
Shame we won't get more of that.

You mean the cartoons that the same Superman fanboys hate?

FPBP
I will never forgive what he's done to Batman

Yes and they had a misunderstanding which caused them to split. However, it wasn't retarded because they didn't just start punching but had to talk it out first.

I'm looking forward to the dynamic between Rocket, Nebula and Lang and the other Avengers, and cocky miss Captain Marvel and everyone else.

I don't know about you but most people love DCAU Supes.

fpbp

You guys know that the quote about the characters talking in costume feeling silly was about a single scene that was ultimately cut out and not Snyder general feeling about costumes, right? The same movie has Superman and Batman talking to each other while in costumes, in fact.

Why you guys have to take quotes out of context and misconstrue things?

Even in the MCU the characters usually don't talk that much in costumes. I really think that snyder is slightly autistic and is pretty shitty at explaining things, even in the TDKR almost all of Catwoman's stuff is handled when she is a civillian, not in latex.

But not Superman fanboys, which is my point, though.

I adore Superman and DCAU was a pretty good take on the character, even if he was weaker than the comics. The heart was in the right place.

As a superman fanboy i have to say that supermanfags in this board are LITERALLY youtube tier. They are insane

You're a good boy. Never stray from this place, as bad as it may be, and for everything that is holy never go to a comic book forum.

>theatrical cut isn't even made by the director and leaves tons of development and plot in the cutting room
Ah yes, the mythical 12-hour BvS cut that magically fixes all the movie's problems despite his own description making it sound like more of the same.

I loved BvS, but fuck if i dislike MoS. There are things i like about the movie, but the whole Superman is Jesus Christ is fucking dumb as fuck and the movie waste too much on it before going into another direction deciding to do a commentary about post-9/11 America.

You're the only one doing this. He said what he said and it's pretty clear what he meant. You can even see this philosophy in the movie when Superman can't just fucking tell Batman his mother got kidnapped or when those 3 idiots can't communicate with each other while fighting DD. He tries and keeps talking to a minimum.

They talk so much people make fun of them for quipping. They also never get tongue tied just for the sake of a fight happening. Even in TDK trilogy you had the great scene between Batman and Joker in prison. Snyder's set pieces just really don't talk to much because that would case most of his plot to get resolved without fights.

Killing Superman not even two movies in was retarded to begin with.

>You can even see this philosophy in the movie when Superman can't just fucking tell Batman his mother got kidnapped or when those 3 idiots can't communicate with each other while fighting DD. He tries and keeps talking to a minimum.
>
Batman talks to Superman plenty while in costume. He's just a huge dick. Superman also tried to explain before losing his shit.

You have no idea what you're talking about! It's going to be so awesome! It's so deep and meaningful and there's going to be explosions! Boom Shroom Thriw! But the explosions stand for some mythical symbolism so you know it's deep! And and it's going to have unicorns and rainbows that ride robots it's so amazing! The robots shoot lasers but it's ok because it reflects the church's stance about uh... abortion! It's so deep and amazing you're just jealous you brainlet!

I'd argue having to sit through BvS even longer nullifies any minor improvements made.

the snyder cut is not the extended cut of bvs you dumbfag, and the snyder cut isn't even Snyder's justice league.

>You don't understand!
>I understand!
>They face each other and instead of explaining Superman fucking attacks Batman
The scene literally went like this. Word for word. There was absolutely no attempt to communicate their side. And all this while Martha only had 1 hour left to live. Even in the middle of their fight when Superman has the upper hand he chooses to lift Batman and drive him through walls instead of talking about why they had to stop fighting. It's absolute brainlet tier communication.

Just like in the comics.

That's because Superman was already dealing with someone he doesn't like, was super frustrated, thought the dude only knew force, and had just been attacked. All of that explains his actions.

But whatever. You will continue to bitch about Superman being a dick.

Thanks for telling us you don't read comics user.
Watch the scene again. He looked absolutely smug. And I thought his mother was dying? Is this the time to do this or should he rather be saving her first? Why even go there if you weren't planning to communicate anyway?