Did Disney force this line in to appease Christians and make them more comfortable with Thor?

Did Disney force this line in to appease Christians and make them more comfortable with Thor?

Attached: 53DC7EFC-A84C-4104-9E02-31B8804C0BD3.jpg (620x375, 52K)

No, idiot.

That's a perfectly in character line and way of addressing the conflict between having a god-fearing Christian man on a team with a pagan God.

I'm an athiest and I thought that was the perfect way of handling it.

Also he's calling black widow ma'am, which really also sells how he's stuck.

>make them more comfortable with Thor
No, make everything Thor related alien did that.

I thought the line was fine but having him call Fury boy all the time was a bit odd but I understood why they did it.

They already had change a lot of stuff about Thor. Instead of making Asgard an equivalent of heaven, they made it into a planet located in another dimension where Thor rules as a prince god.

Edgy, kid.

Of course

Attached: MakeMineMarvel.jpg (729x850, 66K)

>In another demention.

Thor Ragnarok shows that it is in the same dimension

No, it just makes sense for the character.

Making Asgardians advanced aliens was to appease Christians. For example avoiding any storyline dealing with them being actual gods. This is why they are doing Eternals instead of Hercules.

Jesus Christ, 2012 was a long time ago. I recall a mild uproar over this even back then, could you imagine if Marvel had the balls to do this nowadays? I'm pretty sure there would be rainbow wigs in the streets demanding a boycott.

Current MCU is for rainbow wigs only...

>to appease Christians
silly user

Attached: islam preview_36d927f147f900bd8aa456f4fd53b6bf.jpg (940x630, 617K)

>Thor Ragnarok shows that it is in the same dimension

It’s been awhile since that movie, but Thor 1 and 2 implied that it was another dimension with the way Thor broke the dimensional pathway and how Jane was able to reach them

wasn't the first avengers made right before the Disney purchase?

Also, Cap was always Christian I thought.

How was that edgy

You don't seriously think people would be riotting in the streets if they made a reference to Cap being Christian do you? What is it with you people and inventing scenarios to get outraged over?

Check out this faggot and his inability to accept defeat.

>I'm an atheist
I can tell by your insistence on informing everyone of such an irrelevant fact.

Why was he so fat in Avengers?

Attached: captain ameri-fat.png (1366x768, 834K)

>I recall a mild uproar over this even back then
I don't remember this at all except maybe this meme

Rent Free

He was hungry after his nap.

This, it was just Joss' stilted dialogue attempt to round up the character for audiences who didn't catch the prior movies.
Same with Bruce's always angry, and Tony's billionaire, philanthropist, etc, Thor's glib remark about Loki's adoption and how mortals are so puny and so on.

I want to say I don't know why people go digging through cow shit looking for milk chocolate, but I know exactly why, people like OP need something to stimulate the emptiness of their day.

Man that suit actually looks way better with that colouring/tone/lighting.

If they'd made the blue a few shades less vibrant than what was shown, removed the ear/side of head cowl and gone for the chinstrap+exposed ears it would have actually been a really good suit.

Attached: Cap Costume evolution.jpg (2077x599, 397K)

It releases dopamine

that's even worse

>I'm an athiest

*tips fedora*

>doesn’t understand that the fedora meme is for anti-theists, not atheists.

>All godless heathens should burn.
What did Cap mean by this?

Dude remember when he tipped the black guy lmao?

Why would rainbow wigs care?

This.

Honestly, I loved it. I am so used to the only dieties in movies being pagan gods of sorts that this was outright refreshing. Personally, I always cringe when they call someone a "god". DC did it in Aquaman too. Good movie, though.

Disney took out all the crosses you'd normally have in a Norse Cathedral in Frozen, and yet goes full fledged into mythology of every other pagan religion (Coco, Moana, Pocahontas, etc), as well as chronicling evolution and the death of Dinosaurs in Fantasia. So for Marvel to give the A-Ok was nice. They also had a scene that would have been equally shocking if ANYONE other than Christmas Pratt played it where the name of Jesus was used irreverently.

?

How

no, that's just Cap being Cap.

He had a big breakfast

Because you can just fly from Asgard to Earth with a spaceship