So how does he rank among the sorcerers of marvel?

So how does he rank among the sorcerers of marvel?

Attached: doom.jpg (986x1410, 351K)

Originally he was fronting (in triumph and torment) but has since become very legit. Strange considered him a real candidate for Sorceror Supreme in the 00s, and took drastice measures to try to prevent it.

I think as far the “main” ones go
>Strange
>Power gap
>Mordo
>Doom / Voodoo

>Super scientist
>King
>Martial Arts master
>top tier sorcerer

He's kind of a Mary Sue.

He is a jack-of-all-trades but master of none.

it's because he actually saw doom being the second place in triumph and torment, not so much anything else

Is funny how is actually hard to make a OC donut steel more Mary Sue than him even intetionally.

Then Squirrel Girl kicked his ass

He's second to Strange.
You'd know this if you read Triumph and Torment.

that competition isn't really measuring pure ability, Doom got by with being sneaky. Plus, many didn't bother showing up

You don't know what a Mary Sue is.

Beneath the Hood.

Just a mid-level one

Attached: RCO124.jpg (1020x1600, 505K)

It is safe to assume that Doctor Doom is the second best at every thing he does.

It is the tragedy of his character.

Where is this from

To be fair Hood has basically the power of Dormammu at his backing. If he learns to use it well he’ll at least be at Mordo level

Fantastic Four #500, it's an arc where Doom makes a pact with some demons (the ones in the bottom panel of the pic) to gain great magical power so that he can attack Richard in the field he knows he's better
Doom traps Franklin in hell, defeats the Fantastic Four and traps Reed in a room filled with magical tomes, the only way for him to get out being to master any kind of spell. Reed is forced to admit that he'll never able to understand magic (while previously he thought it was just a science branch he didn't know the rules of) and with the help of Strange is able to escape with the others and defeat Doom, saving Franklin
Aftermath: Doom is trapped in hell, Franklin is traumatized and won't talk to anyone and Reed has his face scarred

Attached: RCO138.jpg (1020x1600, 511K)

If you think being sneaky is not part of being a sorcerer/wizard you are retarded. It's much better to win with a trick than to summon forces capable of sundering the world in half to do the same.

Of course, but as far as pure power goes he's not that great. You do need to have sufficient strength backing your strategy

Yeah by pure strength Doom is not that good. Though considering his personality it is not suprprising. It is more surprising that he can use magic at all.

But by sneakiness he is pretty high especially when he is going from inferior starting position.

I thought Mordo is pretty close to Strange in power. Just Strange has much cooler magic stuff to amp him up some more like the Wand of Watoomb and the eye of Agomotto.

His one skill that seems to be better than everyone else is building better robots and making damn sure they remain loyal. He is real good at making robots, and they almost never try to kill him.

Ultron? or Master mold, maybe?

Are you kidding me? His skills might always be second best, but his skillSET is next to none.

Both of those are robots that tried to kill their creators. And even then some sentinels have turned on master mold. So even he is not that amazing at it.

He apparently thought he was magical enough to take on Galactus. Only for G to make fun of him for how dumb of a plan that was.

Meanwhile Strange has matched a completed infinity gauntlet and defeated In-Betweener.

Also

>so amazing that Storm and Scarlet Witch fell in love with him
>So awesome that even the people he torturers can't help but love him
>Canonically, it is impossible for a Marvel Universe to be good unless Doom is the ruler of the Universe

Biggest Mary Sue ever created.

At first, maybe, but now he can’t match up unless he strikes a deal with some entity or something. Recently Strange just BTFOed an amped Mordo

Originally, he was basically a dabbler; he had *some* magical skills, but his biggest thing was being a magitek crafting, and the fact he specializes in merging science and sorcery was used to emphasis his "Always Second Best" nature - he's not The Best tech-guy or wizard in Marvel, but his willingness to combine the two lets him cheat his way around his limitations in both fields.

Then the DoomWank set in and he became the guy who *could* have been the Sorcerer Supreme if Dr. Strange hadn't beaten him to the job.

Is Doom the superhuman among superhumans? He shows that excellence is not merely an exercise of power.

Attached: Doom.png (490x663, 613K)

Nobody does anymore.

If Dr Strange hadn’t clearly bested him, yeah, he would be sorcerer supreme. But honestly the title is more trouble than it’s worth, I don’t know what’s with The eye and cape suddenly being synonymous with sorcerer supreme when Strange had them before that. What does the title even give you besides more trouble?

By right, it should only give you better favours with the vishanti and a small power boost (even this is arguable).

Not that useful

he was second to Strange only thanks to his tech, when it comes to pure magic, i doubt he is second.

I never liked how they made Doom the #2 wizard of Marvel. Now that seems to be his main attribute. Later writers took him from a super scientist that sometimes toys with magic stuff to a superwizard that also happens to have some robots and things around.

After at least 40 years of being the genius that cobbles together doomsday devices and antimatter shrinking machines. Now he is a wizard that will sometimes fall back on a gadget when magic does not work for him.

Always number 2 or 3

Attached: funniest-moments-of-doctor-doom_fb_1849485.jpg (300x300, 159K)

cool, thanks for saving me a google.

>I never liked how they made Doom the #2 wizard of Marvel

He's not. He's the no.2 HUMAN wizard. Big difference. Off the top of my head Loki and Magik are both superior.

Magik is only stronger in her home dimension. And if you’re counting non-humans the entities like Dormammu, Nightmare, Umar, Agamotto etc etc are all far superior to them

Last time I checked Doom didn't have his own dimension.

Man what's up with this art?

The CHAD Dormammu
The VIRGIN human sorcerer

Attached: Dormammu.jpg (677x832, 243K)

Not sure what that has to do with my post, but even on Earth the entities are stronger (even though they are usually hobbled by an oath or something)

>Originally he was fronting (in triumph and torment) but has since become very legit
Doom's character arc in a nutshell, folks.

You forgot
>goes back in time to bang Morgan le Fay, and BEGON THOTs her when she literally time travels into the present because his dick was away from her for too long

>Richards is terrible at the things that matters, is bailed out by someone else anyway and the solution ends up traumatising the people around him
Richards' arc in a nutshell, folks

The robots that rebel against Doom tend to appear once or twice and are never seen again, so it's never as bad for him as it is for everyone else in Marvel who builds robots.

>extremely good at literally every single thing from magic,fighting to all scientific fields
>extremely competent politician, gods literally said that he's the best hope for mankind
>last event was about him being somehow completelly unique through the entire multiverse

He is, literally good at everything, the story literally bend to make him the center of everything,no weakness except forced and inconsistent "arrogance" problems that don't show up when the writer feels like it and is more like a plot excuse to defeat him after he defeated every single of the heroes tactics.

He's a bigger Mary Sue than Batman and Black Panther combined.

He's a villian. He's OP so the heroes have a challenge to beat him. It's basic storytelling.

Robots do not really rebel against Doom as much as they start believing they are the real Doom and assume he is the robot.

Being a villain excuses shitty writing now?

Yes, that is his character he's the second best at everything.
Second smartest scientist after Reed.
He rules the second best country after Wakanda
He has the second best power armor after iron man
He's the second best sorcerer after strange
The second best engineer after pym
The second best time traveler after Kang.

And it infuriates him to no end. Instead of being heroic and realizing that this means he can help anyone due to his many skills, he fulminates only on those single individuals who surpas him in some small area failing to appreciate that the breadth of his abilities eclipses their narrow win.

Because for Doom their can be no other. If any stand before Doom, Doom has failed.

Of all the men who surpass him at one thing, Namor, Kang and Stark are the ones he's tried to befriend, but those alliances never last.

he even shags Morgan "ride excalibur to get the throne by proxy" Le Fay on the side

I see Tommy escaped the mental facility again
You'll get Doom eventually boy, keep trying.

Making a character powerful, or even overpowered, is not shitty writing.

I belivee you mean
>some hobo who practices "true magic"
>some witch who practices "woman magic"
>power gap
>power gap
>power gap
>Dr Strange
>Mordo
>Doom/Voodoo

Mordo’s gotten pretty nerfed over time.

I think people are ignoring current Doom bullshit because current Thanos bullshit is even worse than that.

After that mini where he effortlessly defeated every single hero and cosmic being in Marvel, Sent Galactus running away in terror, keeping a ghost rider herald as a pet and daily drug, easily smashing Thor Surfer in seconds, and all around winning the Marvel universe without any magic or cosmic maguffin but his own brawn was not but a book of pure Thanos wank. And he wins at the end too, he kills everyone and wins.

This. But Doom can't be a Mary Sue due to how much he has suffered, his triumphs are earned but are never enough for him. He's complicated character with flaws, pride, hubris, arrogance, etc.

No way fag