The fact you didn't take me or Mister Mind seriously is the reason superheroes have become so grim and serious today

>the fact you didn't take me or Mister Mind seriously is the reason superheroes have become so grim and serious today
Is he right Yea Forums? Are campy superhero stories better than the serious ones?

Attached: Captain Marvel.jpg (1102x670, 131K)

>Titans jobbed to make Shazam look good.
Team players

>Today
You mean like ten years ago, also Mr. Mind had a kill count of a medium sized war.

There's a place for both.

>The fact that you don't take superheroes serious is why superheroes are so serious

Wut?

There is not way the Titans could beat Mr. Mind

>Are campy superhero stories better than the serious ones?
Absolutely not

Attached: 20190408_093947.jpg (2896x2896, 568K)

Man, TTG might as well be a political cartoon now with how subtle the writers are at expressing their own opinions through it.

They could if someone wrote a story where the Titans beat Mr. Mind

Shazam literally came out three days ago.

With shrimp and prime rib.

Company wars don't run on logic.

>using box-office numbers to determine quality

Attached: helmet wojak.png (403x448, 53K)

No. The tone doesn't matter, quality does. You can have a badly written camp and also well done seriousness.

Well if I compared the opening weekends it would be even more embarrassing

Just know that Shazam won't make as much worldwide as Captain Marvel already has domestically

>Captain Marvel won't beat Aquaman mouseshills on suicide watch
>B-Box office doesn't matter mouseshills
Do you realize how pathetic you are or does your tiny retard brain keep you blissfully unaware

Does the lightning that turns him into Cpt Marvel need a cloud as a source or can it materialise from nowhere?

Pulp is superior to both

Why doesn't this shit have a rule on Yea Forums so it can be reported again?

>cape movies
>quality
The only thing they are competing in is popularity and cultural heritage, DC used to be ahead but the failures of Shitneider and the MCU is changing that

It can materialize out of nowhere.

Going to Yea Forums actually made me want to see Shazam.
No kidding, I thought it was gonna be some lame filler for the next DC movie that I was gonna skip but after hearing all the praise here made me kind of interested.
I’m not into the company wars and I’ve seen no anons dispute Shazams quality since everyone always talk about box office numbers (like I care), really the only complaint I’ve seen is the 3rd act with all the sins being generic.
Always in moderation, a little too much of a good thing isn’t always good.

From nowhere, also sometimes it doesn't work indoors and sometimes it does.

It depends on the roster. The Teen Titans Go roster isn't defeating Mr. Mind.

Those are budgets from the same respective dates though. Captain marvel is at about a billion now

It's weird seeing DC films be more palatable than Marvel films again. Marvel never got over their lazy quip fetish that only got worse over time.

I wouldn't take the praise seriously. People praised Aquaman here.

I don't understand why of all places Yea Forums falls for the box office meme and I don't mean it just for Captain Marvel vs Shazam.
For example, even a fucking Boss Baby made about 5x times more cash than the Song of the Sea. Is it better than it? Fuck no.

It's an easy indicator for fanboys to keep score. Of course you can argue specifics ("China doesn't count!" "They spent a billion in buying shills!") but cold hard cash always wins.

Dc had only batman and supes and will always have only bat and superman

Eh, but it’s tempting, did you watch it?
I heard the boardroom scene was good.

Unless Captain Marvel made a billion in three days, that image isn't representative of its opening weekend.

Attached: mpv-shot0028.jpg (1161x687, 195K)

You're absolutely right user!

Now admit Boss Baby
>$528 million
Is better than Spider-verse
>$374 million

Metacontextually, yes. However it's important that we have these serious ones. The serious ones allow us to take our symbols of hope and goodness and point them towards the darker aspects of the human experience. Throughout every dark period a return to symbolic good appears, and even during these periods of serious comics we have responses to that. The fact that campy, morally black and white, mythological stories persist throughout all ages reinforces the strength of the heroes.

Ladderbro will you ever end your pathetic life?

Attached: marvelfags.png (199x253, 11K)

I don't understand why you don't realize there are Yea Forums crossboard posters on Yea Forums.

Sure, right after Shazam makes that billion you dipshits kept saying it would.

>Metacontextually, yes.
From the first two words I knew this paragraph would be shit and I was right.

>Mister Mind is later turned into a parasite that eats dimensions

Attached: chen-64276391ca81c06db81226617a45a191.png (2000x1410, 282K)

That's not what he's saying.

Marvel had spiderman, DC at least had the Big two world wide and the rest of the justice league was imprinted in at least america because of shows like super friends being

Redpill me on Mister Mind. What are his iconic stories and required reading? I only know the basic premise that he's an intelligent worm and talks through a robot box. The only times I've seen him were as a side or joke character in cartoons and the end of Curse of Shazam (plus by extension the movie adaptation).

Yeah, dude. This is an undisputed fact.

Disney bucks dont equal success when theyre paying for thwir own theater seats

You can read the golden age Captain Marvel comics, 52, and Convergence. for more of him

They can be but the problem has nothing to do with the type of stories that were made but rather the quality of the work. You get what you pay for and comics have fanboys who don't have the talent but do have the friends to prop them up

Is there a joke I'm missing here? Why is a picture of Shazam labeled as Captain Marvel?

Are you retarded?

Attached: 1475988548879.jpg (600x465, 243K)

Sure they do.
When you're so rich that you can sell yourself money and call it profit you are literally more successful than you can ever be.