We were so close to getting rid of James Gunn

We were so close to getting rid of James Gunn.

Attached: 1508072197947.jpg (600x788, 46K)

Oh fuck off already. What are you going to next, complain about how you failed to kick off an innocent anime dub VA for petty reasons relating to yaoi fanart?

Attached: 1446770973102.jpg (1024x768, 144K)

stay mad turbocunt

Attached: cc3.png (680x603, 495K)

Imagine thinking that Gunn leaving was a good thing and not the easiest way to fully bastardize the franchise and take the originality out of it.
>but muh Nova!
You're getting him anyway.

I just wanted that to happen cause I hate dubs

Attached: DzjvoIEX4AEXCct.jpg (684x683, 100K)

Weeb

I love you too user

Attached: 1496561475598.jpg (461x719, 40K)

>You're getting him anyway.
In like 6-7 years, maybe.

Too bad rightists are just pathetic cucks

Get fucked you dumb piece of shit. Gunn was one of the best things to happen to the MCU. Sorry your thin skin couldn’t take someone criticizing shitty White House policies.

Attached: 8686-12161-5380.jpg (527x275, 159K)

Why do people hate Gunn? Does him playing fast and loose with the lore of GOTG piss people off? It sorta disappoints me but not enough to make me angry.

That has nothing to do with it, it's all about idiots who are still pissed off about him coming back after rallying against him for the jokes. In reality most people who are GOTG fans don't care much about these changes beyond "muh helmet" and "Muh dance-off".

Nobody really cared about the GOTG before the movie came out. They were extremely obscure.

Culture war faggotry.

He doesn't like Drumpf.

But, who really likes Donny and not just uses him for his promotion? Donny should stop lying desu.

But why would that be a good thing? Dude makes good movies.

Thisguygetsit.jpg

The only reason is because he said mean things about Trump. That is it. Somebody combed through almost a decade of tweets because he said mean things about a politician they like.

God Trumpfags are such snowflakes

Rent-free

Attached: 4BA5B9FD-03D9-4F7A-BF66-63F03EFBF887.jpg (615x409, 32K)

The only reason GotG got a movie is because Rocket Racoon was in Marvel vs Capcom.

Wow. This thread did NOT turn out the way you thought it would, did it?

Imagine working for weeks trying to dig up information on a "leftwing" celebrity in retaliation for a shitty remake of a sitcom losing its shitty main character only to have that person hired back a few months later for way more money.

Attached: cernovich.jpg (192x238, 41K)

>top tier waifu
>series MC is the most insufferably spineless piece of shit imaginable, making the show unwatchable

Every time

It's so spineless weebs and Japanese guys can relate I guess

Attached: 20a98cc0-b9c6-4ee5-a0d6-136a85cda11b.gif (540x304, 1.28M)

I was honestly curios if they hated James Gunn because of the changes he made when I entered the thread. /pol/ shit is disappointing and boring.

I had zero problem with Gunn's movies basically being GOTG by way of Farscape. Not muh DnA, but still a very enjoyable take on the characters and concept.

Was there anymore developments? Last I heard he got kicked off RWBY and was accused of being a pedophile

Pol/fags are extremely predictable. You always exactly what got their panties in a twist

>bastardize the franchise
You mean what Gunn did?

People like Bendis and Cates are more responsible of running the GOTG into the ground than Gunn ever did, when it comes to the source. All Gunn did was take the rough parts of DnA, mix it with the Valentino stuff, and do a low key Starjammers movie. Nothing wrong with that at all unless you're a huge Star-Lord fanboy, which I really doubt you were back in Giffen's time.

Right? Now Guardians 3 is gonna be GOOD!

Who the fuck cares about mcucks and their basedtertainment when DCHADS have perfect milfs like Amy Adams or D.A.R.L.A.

Attached: Just Say the Word Darla Marvel.jpg (559x1019, 46K)

Gunn reinvented the franchise just like DnA and Valentino before him.

more like GOTG "fans"
just like Batman "fans" who don't know that character only really stopped killing when threre pre-Crisis Earth 1 and when Red Hood II was created

I think he's massively overrated. I liked GotG 1 but Vol 2 was unbearable. Also all of his interviews and fb posts make him seem like these movies have inflated his ego a lot.

He ruined his own franchise with the second movie.

>because of the changes he made
>bastardize the franchise

23 people cared about GotG before the movies, Get that stick out of your ass

I cared about it before the movie. I learned about it thanks to Marvel Vs Capcom. Why would you possibly think that's an argument?

All of their "evidence" amounted to hearsay and the person who conducted the "investigation" was caught faking a SWATting incident on herself to gather pity.

She was caught because she had posted the pictures of the alleged swatting herself years ago. She was refurbishing her house.

You cared about Rocket, then... Who was NOT an original member of the GOTG when he was created.

>I cared about it before the movie
yeah sure you did

>Implying the people who initially got Gunn fired weren't retarded Drumph supporters

I said how I learned about the team. I didn't say that was all I cared about. Now answer my question: why would you possibly think that's an argument?

I imagine much anal bleeding.

>Now answer my question: why would you possibly think that's an argument?
Because DnA GOTG came out in 2008, way after Annihilation (their actual prime) was published with the modern versions of these characters.
Meanwhile, the earliest introduction of Rocket in MvC was in 2011, which means you were already very late to the party. And besides, you were already getting a watered down version of the character because Comics > Videogames.

Uh, that's not related at all to my question. I asked why you think it's an argument to say nobody cared about the team before the movie. I did.

I thought he made baby rape jokes?

So mignona is innocent and forgiven, right?

You know that without anime dubs, your subbed anime would have never existed, right?

Cool off topic post bro.

>dat 2nd sentence stock respnse
Sounds like a nerve was struck.

Those are what got him fired, but they were dug up by Cernovich for some reason.
This was also right after he said Rosanne deserved to be fired

How dare people want comics to be discussed?

>Yea Forums: I hate politics in my board
>also Yea Forums (the same exact clique as above, not a different group): let's talk politics day in and day out and bump threads with it

Attached: poor moses.gif (294x232, 1.74M)

How many pedophile jokes does a normal person make? Hundreds? I can't imagine being married to Pam from the office and having her complain about how often I joke about having sex with our daughter. That video exists. Pam wishing he'd stop joking about it. He's a sic fuck. If you're cool with pedophiles than I guess it's worth it to get those funny space boi movies

/pol/ gonna /pol/

No, he made this jokes way before working with Marvel. It's because he dislike Trump is what got him fire. Trumps supporters, /pol/, got angry at what he said about the guy and literally search in his twitter just to hurt the guy.

I just think people have stopped learning to take bait because honestly it is very possible they're being serious about their retarded stuff.
Be it obvious racism bait or screencaps from Twitter of some fucknuts or a online news clickbait article.

Attached: doublelaugh2.gif (700x373, 3.77M)

Noooo, I'm talking about (You). Read the name of the 2nd greentext group carefully.

Some autists would unironically have prefered a crappy movie directed by a company yes-man if it meant we'd get something slightly closer to a two-year run of the comic.
there are also people who unironically wished that someone get fired for making jokes a decade ago that they themselves make and don't take any offense to

Some autists would have preferred a good movie. Crazy, I know.

yeah ok whatever. Is this pic real and is there more??

now i gotta furiously beat my meat

It's the only photo of early conceptions of Gamora's look for Zoe Saldana. IIRC she was onboard for it but faggot Gunn said no.

Pedowood always wins.

so there's an alternate reality right next door where this was what they went with.

Fuck, this time line isn't bad, but fuck this.

He hates Nova. That means I want him as far away from cosmic marvel as possible.

>now i gotta furiously beat my meat

Attached: 1531184293564.png (185x239, 56K)

Imagine being so fucking idiotic thst you think getting rid of Gunn would result in a movie that's less Gurl Power.

Attached: 1554672383590.png (955x781, 789K)

That costume is so embarassing even the slutty model is trying to cover herself up.

>Some autists would have preferred a good movie.
Imagine arguing the two GOTG movies were bad because they don't adhere to your obsession with DnA, which by the way still had plenty of humor and lighthearted jokes.

>so there's an alternate reality right next door where this was what they went with.
Doubtful, because these "original versions" are the same concept art stuff that always gets tossed around at the beginning before the movie is even made, and rarely ever represent the final product.
No way Gamora would've worn that shit, it was a ludicrous costume in the comics to begin with. Even the fishnet costume was better than that.

Nobody said that's why they're bad, though. They're bad because of the abysmal writing.

What makes you think they're badly written?

>They're bad because of the abysmal writing.
Oh this is gonna be good. Care to explain?

inb4
quip quip quip

>Even the fishnet costume was better than that.
Well yeah. but her comic look before the movies is better than her look in Gardians 1.

Don't worry fren, for now he's untouchable, but remember that just a few tears ago they all hated him for Quill sleeping around and the aliens having human gender concepts.

He can't keep his old Troma edginess in check forever, and the minute he crosses a line, he'll be Me Too'd so hard the media will unironically then cite the same old jokes we did to make him look bad. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if they label him Alt-Right and claim they themselves were the ones who discovered the jokes.

She even wears the fishnet with the boob opening in GOTG1 though, under the jacket. People forget these movies are supposed to be PG-13 and it's a really hard sell to have someone dressed like and pretend she's some kind of deadly assassin and not a space stripper.

Do you think that was what was in the way of the suspender-kini?

You fucking idiot?

>cite the same old jokes we did

Attached: 1535478820395.png (434x428, 273K)

>Dumb edgy teens=/=Repeated statements, some exchanged with actual pedos, about diddling kids for years and years

Hey, he might genuinely just have been joking. But if he gets caught going Victor Salva someday, I'm gonna laugh when CNN "discovers" all those old tweets and acts like they made a groundbreaking discovery entirely on their own.

Vol 1 was good, Vol 2 flanderized and ruined every single character. It was also painfully unfunny.

> Nova
Is this confirmed or no?

Oh I'm sorry, i should have been more clear.
I was making fun of you identifying with those retards.
Guess i should have just figured you had low reading comprehension too.

I hope not, I don't want to see him ruined.

Fiege said it's "percolating".

Same. I like Gunn to have characters nobody gives a shit about so he has complete creative freedom.

Guy took Yondu, a complete literally-who and gave him one of the saddest deaths of 2017. THE SAME FUCKING YEAR LOGAN CAME OUT

Look at the other marvel movies. Getting rid of Gunn would make them more mundane not closer to this. Gunn probably would have done this if he could get away with it.

>Gunn said no

Also known as

>Gunn said yes
>Maybe Saldana said yes, unlikely though
>Execs stamped that down to get a better rating

>He hates Nova

Which one? I can think of several that deserve to be hated in all honesty.

You're not that one Nova fanboy who raped his nephew and runs that blog, are you?

>We

you and your fag friends should practice eating bullets.

If he was a creep he would have been exposed by now. The most dirt they could get was him being an edgelord

Weinstein, Cosby, Saville and Schneider got away with it for decades, Gunn is relatively young and only comparatively recently a big deal in Hollywood.

A key sign that someone is a predator is if they were a nobody who became a big somebody overnight. Brian Peck (literal walk-on audition who played an ancillary character in a zombie movie with no previous experience, suddenly teaching children's acting camps and making producer friends) and Dan Schneider (background roles in 80s comedies and short-lived sitcoms, suddenly the single most powerful man in children's TV).

>Try to get Gunn fired to own the libz
>He comes back richer with movie franchises in both major companies
I've never seen anyone as brutally cucked as Cernovich.

Attached: 1554632044691.jpg (2046x2048, 310K)

Yondu death was just cheap melodrama.

OP is a faggot

It's comic books. It's all cheap melodrama

Gunn was a general nobody doing low budget Troma schlock like Slither and Super for well over a decade. He wasn’t some untouchable figure in the industry like Weinstein.

If Gunn had any #metoo scandals they would have come out when Disney fired him. Instead we had stuff like Selma Blair saying Gunn helped her when she had trouble dealing with her own sexual abuse.

Gunn said he didn't want to have Richard Ryder in Guardians of the Galaxy 1 because it'd screw with Peter being the only human in the main cast.
Which makes sense, but fanboys take that to mean "FUCK nova and FUCK dick"

Nah. You lose this time, fag.

It was hilarious seeing people try to brand him and Lloyd fucking Kaufman as "Hollywood elites". God forbid they ever see Citizen Toxie.

Attached: 1537416478841.png (934x725, 869K)

There was one guy who was arrested a decade after Gunn talked to him. Before that he was known in geek circles for building Star Trek sets. Using that as proof as him being a pedophile is like saying anyone who worked with Kevin Spacey is one too. Get real.

>"We"
Stay frustrated

it's photoshop

Attached: s-l300.jpg (244x300, 10K)

I figured. Costume looked like Halloween City trash

>far left creates outrage culture
>the right figures out eventually how to use it against them
>james gun shot in the face by outrage mob
>Trevor cucking Noah called a racist for insulting aboriginals
>left is forced to eat its own shit

It was beautiful

Attached: Flash-Smiling-600x338.jpg (600x338, 21K)

too bad the whole situation was caused by faggots like you, if the left hadn't made doing shit like this a trend, it wouldnt have happend

Attached: 1551903507449.jpg (584x575, 50K)

"Why I Left the Left" is still my favorite video on YouTube atm. I am kinda centrist/left, but Yea Forums has called me /pol/ before for not sucking off Marvel movies.

Attached: 1432855462718.jpg (546x399, 75K)

Good on you for coming out of the delusion user.
And no worries, it's just a bunch of ReDdIt fags

Flanderize isn't a fucking word, if I could retroactively erase one website from the internet it'd be TVtropes.

I cared about Star-Lord before the movie came out and I still hate the helmet but the Guardians are the best MCU movies to date and will probably be forever.

>the Guardians are the best MCU movies to date and will probably be forever
Thanks to the GOTG I actually got into comics. I devoured DnA, read Annihilation, then delved into Conquest and the other cosmic sagas... Just the beginning of a close relationship with Cosmic that I was nurturing solely because of THAT movie.
So yes, I agree. To me, that movie will hold a special place for me, moreso than every other MCU movie before it.

Centrists are literally worse than both Nazis and communists.

I would rather get in bed with my worst enemy than the principle free neoliberal shills.

>If it's not nazi and not communist then it must be neoliberal

retarded child

There’s definitely more evidence than that, we just haven’t seen it yet. Dude is infamous for being a creep and has been for over a decade at this point.

I feel like these are some scfi terms from a nerd book.

He did, like 1 several years before Marvel even was looking at him. Then Trump-fans got butthurt and snowflaked on him, used it to get him fired.

Meanwhile we all know that if Gunn had said he liked Trump they'd have fought for him keeping his job even if Gunn had actually raped a baby, because Trump fans are whiny snowflakes and gigantic hypocrites.

The franchise itself was dogshit to begin with

GOTG1 and GOTG2 inspire the same sort of arguments as Alien/Aliens and T1/T2. Which is to say that half of the people like GOTG1 better and the other half GOTG2. They are different movies. GOTG2 is more about character development whereas 1 is more a space adventure and character introduction.

Does anyone else think Disney only got Gunn back to distract from all the Captain Marvel controversy? It's a bit coincidental that they waited this long if they were ready to rehire him presumably for months.

>Blaming Trump followers and not the usual case of the Left eating itself for virtue signal points

Attached: 1345906618596.jpg (492x458, 63K)

The controversy that only happened in your head about the movie that went to make a billion and solidified the role of a character before Endgame, regardless of whatever dumb boycott a bunch of retarded alt-righters concocted online? No, I don't think they cared enough for that, it's even more plausible to assume they just waited until the Fox sale went through.

I love all the buttravaged idiots who were celebrating Gunn's firing, now left to make excuses for why they were so stupid. Gunn showed everyone up and gets to make movies for both DC and Marvel (and probably won't fuck it up like Whedon).

You are an idiot. It was the followers of a right wing talk show host who dug up his old tweets.

even if gunn was a total pedo, id still support him over bums like cernovich.

>saddest deaths
It gave everybody second hand embarrassment.

Nah I haven't forgot. I just know what I want. I'm also just glad this image exist at least.

I just want comics to be discussed. I'm not American so I don't care about /pol/ shit.

(Citation needed)

I see where you're coming from, but what other word has the same definition?

>He's guilty because I say he's guilty!

>That video exists.
Link or you're lying.

Lawsuit filing is imminent. Not simply speculative bullshit, notices for preserving evidence have already gone out to at least Monica Rial (voice of Bulma) and her fiance, who at this point is the chief accuser (and most public one) of sexual misconduct of the highest degree against him.

Whether Funimation and Rooster Teeth get sued is not yet confirmed, but more than likely it will be just Funimation because Rooster Teeth just shit canned him and shut up about it while Funimation had to blab about it in a way that could invoke the defamation analysis in Texas.

It's possible that the persons who would be sued are Monica Rial, Ron Toye (her fiance), and depending on how you interpret recent comments by Vic's lawyer: also Chris Sabat. Some would be sued for defamation, others would probably be sued for tortious interference with a contract, some with both.

Vic's legal retainer donations is already at least 120,000 dollars at this point.

While virtually every con kicked Vic initially, some have brought him back. Nearly all Dragon Ball VA's are in solidarity in trying to isolate Vic and refuse to go to cons that Vic does out of "saftey" concerns. Conspiracy therories abound that Chris Sabat is a major influence in that but lets others do the talking for him. Some that haven't are silent on the issue, others have virtue signaled a bit, Pensacon virtued so hard that they called literally anyone who doubted the allegations against Vic as "Alt-Right"

Some lawyer in Minnesota is becoming the new hot shit in bantz commentary streaming, and managed to host not only the firm that Vic retained, Beard Harris Bullock & Hughes, but had Metokur on multiple times talking about the same legal subjects. He's become practically the chief figure head in the :"#StandWithVic" side while blue check marks on twitter continue to push KickVic with increasing frustration.