Shazam Star Zachary Levi Goes Comic Book Shopping

youtube.com/watch?v=aAvp-STLxeM

Has anyone seen these videos? This one popped up on recommended and I checked out some of their other ones, they've got one with Frank Miller that was fun.
What do you think of the guy's recommendations?

Attached: shazam-zachary-levi-social.jpg (1980x1020, 1.2M)

Other urls found in this thread:

observer.com/2019/03/zachary-levi-cant-sell-shazam-but-his-costume-could-sell-hot-dogs-review/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why should I give a single shit about a random actor? Fuck you and fuck your retarded thread.

It's a series of videos about comic shopping. I asked what you though of the recommendations.

Where do you think you are, Yea Forums?

No one has anything to say about the recs?

poopoo peepee

I wish they would've let Levi to go and pick his own stuff, just to see what would appeal to someone who isn't really into comics. The guy's recommendations were way too obvious and uninteresting.

Attached: 1554165962187.jpg (2092x2860, 1.05M)

You people have issues

That's rather desperate.

Attached: 1537362859548.jpg (200x113, 12K)

I know right? Carolfags are such weirdos

Woahwo

Why did the movie flop and given bad reviews?

This, I was more interested in finding out what Levi wanted to read than what the guy was recommending. Levi is a comic nerd and clearly loves Y: The Last man and yet the guy recommendeds some of the most basic books that would be good for beginners. Also I think it would have been a good idea to ask what runs of Shazam/Captain Marvel did Levi read to learn about the character

Levi likes comics? Since when

really surprised DC would be nice to Collider. They are huge jerks to WB movies

Does Levi like comics

From the sound of it since he was a little kid

What makes you think that?

They're doing this again? Sweet. RIP Jon Schnepp

This shit board became Yea Forums 2.0 now.

Anyway I think Immortsl Hulk is interesting but I think he just bought Zachary an issue that was mid story so that's going to be confusing. Grand Design vol. 1 is also a good rec, especially if Zach is into the X-Men. Don't know much about Huck but that seems interesting.

The rest is pretty whatever, I guess Spider-Man/Deadpool is OK but it wasn't my cup of tea.

Since he talked about them in the video, he brought Y:The Last Man and talked about Image and some of what he read while growing up. He's a casual reader tho whichbis fine.

I don’t know, maybe the fact that he gravitated towards nerdy comic book roles or the countless interviews where he stated he read comics as a kid

one role does not count as "gravitated toward nerdy comic book roles"

boring taste

He was in Chuck, Heroes Reborn which are both heavily influenced by Comic Book Culture and he was also in 2 of the Thor Films as Volstag of the Warriors Three and Shazam which are actual Comic Book Films

bump

It didn't flop and it was given good reviews.

>71% on metracritic
good reviews

It didn’t though, it actually did better than what they were projecting

I’ve yet to hear/read any bad reviews for this movie, mostly all reviewers I’ve heard had nothing but good things to say about it aside from minor gripes.

Care to post any?

OH NO NO

>I should have gone with my first instinct after seeing the trailers. The trailers made it look like a throw away that the studio had no confidence in. The actor was poorly cast, the muscle suit looked like something out of an SNL skit, and the effects looked like they belonged on one of the CW Arrow-verse shows.
The preliminary reviews and RT critic scores gave me hope that maybe it was a sleeper-hit, so I actually allowed myself to get excited.
We went on Thursday opening night, which was super easy because the theater wasn't even 1/3 of the way full.
By the middle of the movie, I could already tell that all my original fears were actually true, and beyond that, the "villain" was insanely throw away and forgettable.
observer.com/2019/03/zachary-levi-cant-sell-shazam-but-his-costume-could-sell-hot-dogs-review/

Huh, that was a terrible review... and I don’t mean about the movie, this person sucks at reviewing movies

> this person sucks at reviewing movies
How?

I would have recommended him Peter David’s X-Factor Investigations or some books by Brian K. Vaughn like Pride of Baghdad or some of his DC or Marvel books

not him , but giving a bad review about the movie because of "bad" costume and cgi is stupid, and it wasnt that bad, the suit at least was bearable and the cgi was decent to good

the villain wasnt that big in personality, but had cool powers and good reasons to be evil and the seven sins weere fucking good.

the villain wasn't that cool. I was more excited by another at the end.

He's definately a huge geek and a gamer. There are videos of him and Jack Dylan Grazer sperging out about Red Dead Redemption and he won't shut up about Golden Eye 64 and Kingdom Hearts. I'm quite sure he's into comics too given how well he knows DC trivia.
The least nerdy of the Shazam team is surprisingly Asher Angel. Even Grace Fulton manages to outnerd him.

is his nose shopped here?

was he in KH3

At least we don't have goo issuing from our toes.

Quick somebody recommend him Superior Foes of Spider-Man. It needs more recognition FFS.

Attached: 1546818135777.jpg (1041x1600, 693K)

Got better reviews on RT than Captain Marvel

Attached: F65CADB3-11EB-43BF-9D9A-CA237B6B4E9D.jpg (640x508, 122K)

It got 90-something% on RT though. And 71% ain't bad, especially for a DC movie. And it seems like every notable youtube movie reviewer across the board loved it.

Attached: 14567890987.jpg (2000x2693, 605K)

WB owns RT

I got bored with the video before the recs and closed it.

>Being retarded enough to use that as an excuse when Suicide Squad, BvS and Justice League all have below 50%

I like Zach, even if the movie was shit.
But those kind of marketing stunt are just sad.

fake reviews paid by WarnerMedia

>REEEEEE the fake reviews only comes from Disney even though they have nothing to do with the site WB LITERALLY OWNS

The fact that those movies STILL managed to get bad reviews really shows how bad they actually were that they weren't able to hide it.
They can do whatever they want with Shazam's review since no one has seen it.

One billion dollar worth of fungus my dear DCuck

>Don't even mention Disney
>You invent some fake narrative inside your head
I like Marvel movies as well, user. Are all you company wars faggots actually insane?

It's all bait.
Don't fall for it.

>The guy's recommendations were way too obvious and uninteresting.
This. No one should recommend Joker to anyone

yeah

Nice photoshop skills

I mean, are there any actors that aren’t casual readers and know a lot about comics?

most MCU actors

>I'm in a CBM so I'm going out shopping like a regular person would.
kek

>most MCU actors
Nice company wars, Bro, Drop by the studio today for your Batfleck reacharound.

Jennifer Lawrence has been in how many X-men movies? Guess the number of X-men she can actually name.

>Complains about MCU actors and then names movies made by Fox.
Shouldn't you be in school this morning?

Mark Hamill