They give it 15 episodes

>they give it 15 episodes
Does it change? Does Ashi become more fleshed out?

Attached: 7C9BF931-4234-4B3B-82EE-6E31962ED34E.jpg (600x262, 213K)

>Does Ashi become more fleshed out?

she is literally written out of the story.

Ashi was fine

More than fine, even

Not focusing on the romans, the Scotsman tribe, and just killing all of these surviving disperate factions off in the end and have jack return to the past was a mistake

No. Ashi was a lost cause from the start. Samurai Jack was always better when action is involved and season 5 ran out of steam after episode 3.

I liked her

Ditch romance

Make it Dadjack instead

Yea it should’ve remained a mature-ish atmospheric show. Ashi should’ve been a recurring villain. I thought it would’ve been cool if the each sister was fought by themselves through out the show but oh well

Ashi is a deus ex. get rid of her and kill Aku and there's no gotta get back.

>but muh guardian
fuck off that whole thing was just a tease.

Always annoyed me how in the end, jack just changes totally back into his old self. He gives up everything he developed in his 20 year exile. His sick motorcycle, the guns, the armor. It just felt wrong. Really, when jack got his sword back he should have became a synthesis of new and old. There could have been a great lesson about getting older and dealing with the scars of mistakes. You can't erase the past, but you can learn to grow and change because of it. But instead it's just a reset button that erases everything.

Fuck, That gun and bike was so cool too.

If he'd kept the beard at the very least I would have been satisfied

Ashi is the single worst character Genndy has written. The problem is that they have very limited time in the final season, yet they also want to introduce a romance by any means necessary. So any parts of the plot outside of Ashi and Jack's "chemistry" become really useless throwaway foot-notes. (Scaramouche is a good example of this.)

Fuck, Jack doesn't even get a final fight with Aku. Fucking Family Guy's parody of Pulp Fiction was a better fight scene.

To be fair, Ashi might have worked in the series if they introduced her 2 seasons ago.

Ashi is irrelevant, the ending is ultimately retarded either way.
Here's how it should have happened:
>our Jack returns to the past before past Jack is thrown into the future
>grabs past Jack's hand as he is falling, rescuing him
>their two swords fuse into one because God magic says so
>our Jack realizes there is only one chosen hero, knows who it is, and willingly gives his past self the sword
>past Jack defeats Aku, saves his parents, and lives the life he deserved, dies a hero
>our Jack takes the portal into the future, and witnesses the idyllic utopia his efforts brought about, spends his temporal immortality exploring the universe and meeting the happier alternate versions of his old friends

Yea seemed like lazy writing to me. You give him this awesome bike and gun but do absolutely nothing with it after 1 episode. Season 5 was just nothing but missed potential

I never understood why didn’t have him go back before he got thrown into the portal. I’ve traded so many proposed endings and he majority of them were way better. Idk what he was thinking

I'm going to say no. While pacing was a problem, Genndy could have made it work in 10 episodes. If he had 5 extra episodes, he wouldn't spread it out more, he'd just fill it with more enfuriatingly off the walls stuff.

Everyone annoyed at the "Aku's future stops existing" idea are ignoring the fact that it could be a split timeline type deal and they still might exist in separate timelines and rebuild their world.

All of the bullshit with Ashi in the final episode kind of proves the the time travel rules aren't set in stone.

>His sick motorcycle, the guns, the armor. It just felt wrong.
You're forgetting the fact that he straight up forewent the weapon he had in the fight with the non-Ashi sisters. None of the shit he got and lost throughout the episode ever had meaning (save for maybe his original sword); it was all just a means to an end of getting back.

>still thinks it's about Ashi
It is about Jack erasing all his friends from existence.
That, and completely forgetting the foreshadowing in the prior seasons.

I honestly think they just needed one more episode for the big finale to breathe a little more.

I've always wondered why every opportunity he gets to go back, he has to worry about the consequences or save someone else despite that he'd just retcon everything anyway.

then they kill off Ashi which made it clearer

Because seasons 1-4 were made by a different Genndy, a Genndy who had an understanding of his own character. Or maybe he was not allowed to end the show, and had to keep it going. Probably both.

now i wonder if he had an alternate ending planned years ago, and if it involved Ashi at all

It is well known he had a movie ending in mind, and only years later did he decide to change and rewrite everything.

Fucking THIS. It is just much better plot device and stay more true to Jack's nature.

It really annoys me that Jack went back to the past at all. It makes me feel like the entire thing was fucking pointless. It was just sort of what Genndy wanted, not what would've been best ending. We spend the entire season on Genndy's new waifu who gets thrust into Jack's arms, Ashi becomes the big mcguffin that saves everything rather than it being something from Jack's own doing, Ashi gets to subvert the rules of reality for long enough that Jack gets to marry her, but all of this shit is completely surface level and holds literally no meaning. Ashi never existed, she doesn't matter. Everything from the future retroactively ceases to exist, going by the logic that Ashi also ceased to exist. Nothing really matters. Jack could've hopped into any of the many, many portals he passed up over the years, and it would be 1:1 the exact same ending, the only difference being that Jack wouldn't pine for some literally who that he met like a week prior.

Well, I would hope that they'd devote more than half of a single episode to the final battle against Aku and maybe deal with the Guardian in at least some sort of detail. That would really go a long way towards dealing with my biggest complaints about season five. However, as far as Ashi goes, I really don't think that the problems with her character can be boiled down to her not being fleshed out enough. It's more that her romance with Jack was told in a manner that was entirely incongruous with the way that Samurai Jack usually does storytelling. Basically, they talked too much, and the dialogue they shared just came across as clumsy.

This is spot-on, though. Ideally, he'd have just been her father figure. It's less weird given that he's supposed to be seventy-something, it makes for a nice parallel between Jack and Aku, and it would leave open the possibility of Jack getting with his actual waifu, that princess from the one flashback episode.

>are ignoring the fact that it could be a split timeline type deal
and you're ignoring that it WASN'T.

Wasn't that the plot of Onimusa 3?

Attached: 353731-samanosuke_large.jpg (300x300, 10K)

>they give it 3 episodes
K I N O