Namor

Will Marvel introduce him into the MCU given the recent success of aquaman? If so, who should play him?

Attached: 21efa61f3d9093aee68a96ffef0ba324.jpg (919x1395, 149K)

I think Aquaman kind of killed all interest in Namor. What can you do with Namor that Aquaman didn't do 100 times in scope? Aquaman was epic, Atlantis was gorgeous, and anything they would do for Namor will just feel like a ripoff.

How about have him fight something besides Sea-men?
All Aquaman does is fight other fish-men and and angry black fellow with fish-man technology.

alex ross is god

also this
seems kind of stupid doing a namor movie after aquaman.

So now you have another superstrength character in the MCU who swims well. That's not a void that needs filling. If anything, Namor probably shouldn't happen for a long time now that Aquaman broke a billion.

Why would marvel care about Aquaman? Aquaman flop hard

As I recall, the film rights behind Namor is real complicated, but the bottom-line is that Marvel doesn't own it, and I doubt they'll reach a compromise with whatever company does own it in order to use him like they did with Spider-Man.

Namor is a morally ambiguous character who, whether introduced in a story told from his viewpoint, or as an antagonist to the FF, starts out as a villain. I think that alone separates him pretty clearly from Aquaman.

Also, a decent Namor movie would have to be a period piece, and since his most notable early foes were The Jim Hammond Human Torch and Luther Robinson (neither of who were villains), it would be an interesting way of doing a cape movie with no actual "villain", a challenge few capeshit movies have pulled off.

Attached: namortorch.png (604x581, 869K)

Namor is only interesting as a member of the Invaders during WWII. Problem is the MCU already has their WWII origin and it doesn't include Namor. Then you've got the whole "I am king of my kingdom and I am very suspicious of humans/foreigners and I'm kind of a dick thing" which you could argue is already Black Panther's shtick, though not in the MCU.

Idk. There's just not a lot there. After Aquaman did the whole aquatic thing, there's nothing left.

Best bet would be to introduce him as a villain for the Fantastic Four, since everyone has agreed that Doom needs to be saved for a second or third movie. If he's popular, then give him an origin movie, one set literally in 1939 and involving his doomed romance with Betty Dean.

Attached: sm8_20.jpg (627x426, 124K)

>Best bet would be to introduce him as a villain for the Fantastic Four
Yeah you're probably right. What costume you'd use? I'd probably use pic related. Can't exactly have him naked except for the seaweed speedo

Attached: 1389211-namor_blk._iii.jpg (618x960, 126K)

I'd love an adaptation of Submariner: The Depths. Though it wouldn't exactly be a superhero movie and it wouldn't exactly fit the tone of the MCU. But it would be fucking great

Normies are going to think namor is an aquaman ripoff and darksied a thanos ripoff even though it's actually the other way around.

>Also, a decent Namor movie would have to be a period piece, and since his most notable early foes were The Jim Hammond Human Torch and Luther Robinson (neither of who were villains), it would be an interesting way of doing a cape movie with no actual "villain", a challenge few capeshit movies have pulled off.
This. I'd want a period piece Namor movie, where he's a angry dick to everyone, and has a knockdown, drag out fight with the original Human Torch before eventually mellowing out. End it with them teaming up to fight Nazis. Cap can show up later, or not, they don't really need eachother for their origins.

Then they can always just say he's been away ruling under the waves all these decades, to have him tussle with the FF. Hell, have Doom trick him into attacking the surface or something.

>Can't exactly have him naked except for the seaweed speedo
The ladies will get that for a scene or two, assuredly.

Attached: mother fucking Namor.jpg (471x726, 225K)

Oh, for a scene or two for sure. I'm reminded for the bath scene in Wonder Woman where Chris Pine is naked except for his hands covering his dick. Girls need fanservice too.

I'd say give him the black vest costume for the FF movie, then in the solo movie have him wear his original black trunks. Namor didn't always have the scaly speedo.

Attached: MC1.png (636x338, 594K)

They already do. Tommy/Namorfag seriously thinks Aquaman predated Namor and that Marvel Comics #1 and Motion Pictures Funnies Weekly were retroactively post-dated 1939.

she hot

Are you implying Tommy somehow represents a normal average person?

I'm gonna love watching the cognitive dissonance between the Tumblr/The Mary Sue/Scans_Daily crowd over getting a movie about an Angry White Male and one that also gives women more fanservice than any previous superhero movie.

Attached: Sub5.jpg (660x985, 353K)

Yeah it's a great time to be a girl/fag. Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, and Henry Cavill are just about the juiciest men ever to live.
I wish these movies had a Tomb Raider era Angelina Jolie type for us dudes. Gal is beautiful but is a rake. I'll concede Hathaway as Catwoman was boyoyoyoing hot, but that was a one time part. It's just a shame that the male cast of these movies is so much more attractive than the female cast. I never think about this stuff but you brought it up and I'm stoned

Oh and how could I forget Momoa. He's like a giga chad

Namor in New Orleans would be neat.

Marvel ain't going to do him justice so what's the point?

That will stray too far from the Marvel formula

Good point.

Namor is interesting for the same reason Doom is, he’s an anti-villain sometimes hero whose extremism is tempered by honor and loyalty. Aquaman is ostensibly a good guy. He’s not an antagonist of a story except every once in awhile when someone writes him as dismissive of land dwellers. Namor is ALWAYS the antagonist and never really becomes a superhero in the traditional sense after WW2. I think he helps make the MCU feel bigger and works really well as a FF villain and as Black Panthers rival/opposite. Either way I think they should cast him as Asian, a good high eyebrowed Asian actor would be able to pull off the traditional look better than any other ethnicity