Science guy who’s evil because his father was an asshole

>science guy who’s evil because his father was an asshole

Why does DC like this trope so much?

Attached: 5052A7FD-AFED-44D8-B2A9-751770C983D5.jpg (1943x960, 385K)

As opposed to Marvel's "All heroes have asshole fathers"?

It it ain't broke...

...don't fix it.

It's a pretty classic trope.

Why didn't general audiences like Green Lantern? I thought it was fine and it seems to fit the "formula" that Marvel applies.

>Stark
>Thor kinda'.
>Star-Lord
>Gamora/Nebula
>"All"

Sivana wasn't a science guy he was a warlock.

Classic Sivana is just Earth's Maddest Scientist, no daddy issues necessary.

>Why didn't general audiences like Green Lantern?

Shoddy script, poor pacing, lame villains, weak humor, barebones worldbuilding, you name it.

the DVD was edited differently than the theatrical release. Also the CGI was horrid

Carol Danvers

Ryan Reynolds was a clear miscast for Hal Jordan and introducing and eliminating Parallax that early was stupid.
Whoever played Sinestro was fucking godly, though.

Banner

Where did Lex being an asshole because of daddy issues start, anyway? Was it some John Byrne shit?

Snyder and Goyer choosing that kind of characterization for him is just proof of the kinda uncreative fucks they are

Attached: wKWPwlT.jpg (600x268, 174K)

I guess Mantis too if Ego is her father as originally intended.

Attached: Mama Mantis.jpg (540x960, 84K)

Not much of a daddy issue but more of a family issue for Siv. He got tormented growing up and he got obsessed with finding that orb which turned him into that villain.

Stark's dad was mostly fine, excluding whatever Stan Lee-esque shenanigans he pulled on that Russian dude
Odin at least turned over a new leaf
And calling Thanos their father is a bit like saying the Symbionese Liberation Army was Patty Heast's family

That shit T'Chaka did was more fucked up than anything Stark Sr. ever did. You can't tell me he didn't know he had a nephew that would be orphaned because of his weird cloak and dagger bullshit.

Started in the old Superboy comics.

I don't think him being angry because she didn't listen to him, wrecked her cart and hurt herself is strong enough evidence that he was consistently an asshole.

>introducing and eliminating Parallax that early was stupid.

He would have come back.

>Whoever played Sinestro
he's in the op lol