Unsounded

Today's update sums up the comic's two extremes pretty well, I think.

Attached: ch14_26.jpg (600x900, 262K)

Poor Teeth. He never even got a proper name.

Attached: ch14_27.jpg (600x900, 264K)

I forgot he had a scar

FUCK

DAMN COPE, AND WE WERE HAVING SUCH A GOOD NON-CHILD MURDERY TIME

>Silver lad was nicknamed "Teeth"
>One of his fucking teeth is now gouging into Lemuel's forehead

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE

Literally how is Lem even able to PRETEND to not be absolutely fucking mindbroken

Attached: BLYAT.jpg (800x517, 157K)

FOR FUCKS SAKE

Attached: filename.jpg (600x600, 41K)

I feel as though Cope directly draws life-energy from the suffering of innocent people in this comic.

when did ashley become tom preston

I want more!

>unsounded was written by dobson under a pseudonym all along

Straight up, my full compliments to Ashley. This is the most unpleasant a page of Unsounded has made me feel in ages

That is an absolutely HORRIFYING way to die. And of COURSE there's pymaric (I assume) land mines in warfare, and yet the possibility had slipped my mind just like it did theirs

His demise was as gruesome as it was predictable.

This is the look of a lad you better not let near any of the POWs.

I like that we actually got an explanation for Lem's scar. Thought it was just an aesthetic choice
Was the trap filled with pressure aspect which was transferred to Teeth when he stepped on it?

Ah, so this is what passes for a landmine in Unsounded.

Also, I just noticed that the "splash damage"/backlash utterly demolished that other guys arm.

They clearly made these things with intent to get more than one person with them.

Regular old explosive landmines are bad enough, it's fitting Unsounded has managed to make them even more horrifying.

I suppose it wouldn't be that bad if it was quicker, but this seems to take several seconds to burst you like a blood sausage.

You can see someone off-panel saying not to touch him, I assume for that exact reason.

t-the more you know

Attached: reading rainbow.png (550x342, 180K)

Christ, is that just pressure aspect being loaded into that guy? Or is this some other nightmare bit of pymary?

Is that one of his friend's teeth embedded in Let's forehead?
That's really dark.

That's the thing, landmines are not known for being quick and painless killers. They are messy, and tend to leave lots more maimed than they do dead.

Somebody reset the "pages without gruesomely murdered children" counter back to zero.

>Soon as a certain Material comes in contact with it - boot leather, rawhide, human skin - it lashes up with a spell to expand the Contour Aspect of any Human Blood it encounters. So your blood swells until your body gives, and you burst like a fat tick.

>In my original script it was just an incendiary landmine but I thought that was a little dull for this world.

from the website comments section. Having teeth get torched would have been bad enough, but she decided to go back and make it WORSE for everyone

bless you, lady glass

Cope has issues. Jesus.

Eh, 'mundane' might be true of incendiaries, but that's only relatively speaking. Nasty ones, like white phosphorous, are REALLY nasty.

And the guy was not older than sixteen. it counts as child murder. Ashley still delivers.

...How old would Duane's son be by now? 11?

Eight, same as Matty.

Doesn't the brain still function for a couple of seconds after being beheaded? Can you imagine what might be going through what remains of his head in those two or three seconds before his brain stops functioning? God I love morbid curiosity.

Attached: 1549388265366.gif (500x440, 2.36M)

Y'all have your fill of child murder yet?

I assume he would have blacked out before exploding due to his blood pressure MASSIVELY skyrocketing.

I suspect that kind of extreme trauma would have caused him to black out instantly.

He probably went into some equivalent of shock the instant he started inflating. Doubt he had much time for any form of coherent thought.

"Man, this sucks."

Lemuel isn't having a very good week is he.

>duane shielding his lads

Why do you forget a tooth, as soon as the dentist pulls it out? Because it goes right out of your head.

Attached: 2d1f90578032e12bf29f15292f0b5d0c.jpg (262x192, 9K)

There are so many awesome little details like that on these pages. I like Lemuel chucking the "ogre booger" of the cliff in that panel where Duane's smiling back at the kids, and the very last panel where the plat kids are all running towards him.

Eh, nice try Carlos but you can do better.

Try not to lose your head

Blood inflating would kinda choke up the brain and knock him out. Hopefully the feedback of all his soft tissue exploding would ALSO knock him out in an immediate fashion.

Is this the goriest on screen death yet?

>no children have died yet
>instead, Ashley keeps killing adults in the most gruesome ways she can think of

Attached: 1500333363886.png (202x236, 5K)

Don't you mean "blows"

Danila got off pretty nicely though. His body was still in one piece.

>dude's face gets state-swapped into liquid
>dude gets internally pulped by rock pillar and slowly annihilated while he chokes up his innards
>pretty much everything to do with the Silver Eel
Teeth got it pretty bad though

Ephsephin drinking those rat traps

Duane's death was pretty gross. Mostly that bit at the end where they stabbed his eyes out. The knife all close to his eyeball gives me heebies.

There's also the fate of the men who murdered Duane, disemboweled screaming and alive. Alderode seems to favor Roman-style criminal punishments.

>introduce black character
>kill him off several pages later
racis'

>silver caste
>black

Fuck off, Sonorie

Place bets now: is Will's disarmament going to be more or less gruesome than this?

I'm guessing more. Duane saving him is a big deal so his getting hurt will have a big focus in a scene so we'll probably see a shit ton more of it. Hope it's nothing so simply as being cut off. Cope wouldn't go that easy on us would she?

Hard to say

MOST of his arm is still intact so while the flesh loss probably won't be immense, hopefully we can count on the suffering levels to be requisitely high

I'd actually predict we won't get to process it too much in the act. It feels very Duane for him to move forward, defend his boys, defeat the enemy that was attacking handily- only to turn back and see Will lost his arm before Duane moved in. Really plays into why Duane might not view himself as a hero from this event.

Teeth was at most,16 if he was the same as Lem. Not sure if it counts as adult.

Don't really remember the first two you mentioned

Will seems pretty close to Lemuel, so it might not even be Duane that's around when it happens

I'm not completely sure when the face thing happened but the second one is when Elan fights Hetr

Gotta be careful with such a young kid. If the injury's too insane he could bleed out or die of shock really quickly.

Aaah. Finally, some child murder.

Attached: 1536691048535.jpg (800x1200, 291K)

Thistle, is that you?

>shh, no pages now
>Just bad fanart forever
At least in the first hiatus there was some actual good content, nowadays it looks like she's scrunging from the bottom of the trash.

I THOUGHT YOU SAID NO KIDS WILL DIE
YOU PROMISED

None of Duane's plats

We explained this very clearly many times

>>
Silly user, that only applied to Duane's plats.
Everyone else is fair game.

>He didn't read the fine print
[Laughs in aldish]

Shouldn't Duane have detected that trap?

Holy shit I've just been not keeping up for a while but I just went back and you're right

What the hell is the delay

Not necessarily, I'm not sure what it takes to notice such a thing

And he was also distracted with the light hearted shenanigans

"""Mental problems"""
The last updates were terrible, too

>another webcomic I like bites it

Blessed be our lady cope, who is orderly with her schedules and strong of spirit

Dobson wishes he had a tenth of the talent or character that Cope has.

That said, holy FUCK. You could have traps like that doing all sorts of fuckery to confuse/panic enemies, and its such a basic thing to do too. You could put those on little pebbles, launch them into the air, and let them fall on a troop a mile away. By the time they figure somethings amiss people are popping like zits.

Props to our mad lady for making magical warfare legit terrifying.

Brutal

Keep in mind that stored spellery requires First Material, and fancier and/or higher-yield spells require a greater volume or higher quality of First Material to store the spellcode and any preloaded aspects. And that shit isn’t renewable.

No wonder Cresce calls open season on Plat kids, they can pull off magic artillery shit like that for free.

It does not.

Attached: 131138553755.jpg (575x432, 14K)

Distracted, not necessarily on tense lookout for such things since they've been traveling for a while. In battle he's on edge and keyed into the khert fluctuations , like when he detected the glamour on the Captain. After a couple days of travel? Probably not as alert.

The brain might function, but you're essentially knocked out the moment the blood pressure drops after your neck blood vessels are severed from the heart

>Everyone else is fair game.
y-you mean, this kid too?

Attached: kiddo.png (168x213, 67K)

Isn't that Will? He's alive in the previous flashback to Duane's last day alive.

Yeah that's Will, all of him except his arm past the elbow has plot armor for this whole chapter too. I don't remember which arm, I hope it isn't your favorite

Of course they can't test it for, uh, ethical reasons, but there was a famous story in France during the rein of terror where a guy who was going to be guillotined told his friend he was going to blink at him for as long as he was still aware and after they lifted the head out of the basket he blinked at his friend for a solid twenty seconds or so before stopping.

lord darkseid PLEASE

>nearly 2.5 megabytes for a less than a second of animation on an 500x400 image
holy shit how do you fuck up encoding that badly

Attached: 1542350888233.png (195x254, 8K)

He'd be having a bunch of massive strokes at once so nothing coherent in any case.
Also this is a nitpick but it's inconsistent for the eyes not to be hemorrhaged and bleeding out. Chalk it up to artistic license?

Maybe not for the first few seconds after exploding. I have to give props to Ash for considering what a human exploding from internal pressure buildup would look like; right leg and arm flesh is blown off but bones are intact, guts have exploded out of the abdomen but the ribs haven’t blown open. Most gruesomely, as the pressure built towards the guys head, the two weakest points at the base of the skull and the space between the clavicle and mandible exploded, blowing the top of his head off and blowing his neck out. Looks like the left side of his body is still intact.

Attached: Udklip.png (528x397, 46K)

t-thanks ashley

I know the Plat kids are needed for their magic powers and in spite of their short lifespans, but isn't Lem rather young be be on the battlefield?

16 or so is plenty old by the standards of a culture like Alderode

If only someone could make a laser with a box and some rocks...

Middle of puberty isn't unheard of in ancient cultures. The romans needed you to be able to lift a shield for ten hours, the Jews required you to have had your bar mitzvah and a year while the Europeans during the middle ages would have boys as young as ten squire for a knight and if the battle went to shit they were expected to fight.

Based Ashley.

How long do Silvers live again? Did Teeth have much ahead of him or was this just dying at middle aged by their standards?

What's with all the shrapnel?

Lemuel isn't innocent. He's a no good, rotten brother-killer.

they have the second shortest lifespan but i don't remember how long it is exactly
i think maybe 50ish years but i'm pulling that out of my ass

>Keep in mind that stored spellery requires First Material
there is literally metric tons of first earth sitting untouched in the background of this very page

In Alderode, aren't you an adult at 12?

Most of the first flesh of the mountain ogres has since stopped being first material.

A common misconception. The bodies of the Mountain Ogres were too large for their internal kherts to survive in the second world. The breakdown of the personal kherts is what killed them, and it the process it converted them back to normal Earth.

IS that why the baby ogre uaid works cause?

World guide says up to 50 years, so he’s gone through about 30% of his life.

16 was age of manhood in more than one historical culture, but it's still not exactly a hale and seasoned adult.

From what I understand, it's pretty well-established at this point that a decapitated mammal remains alive and lucid unless shock does for them right away and until oxygen starvation does the job for sure. I think they've experimented on animals.

>Can you imagine what might be going through what remains of his head in those two or three seconds before his brain stops functioning?
Apparently it's "Oh mommy"

Sound the Khert long enough and you might find just such a memory.

>Blood weapon
>Enemy leader goes by "Vampire"
Coincidence? Probably.

Rest in peace Teeth, you never got to fuck a girl in the ass and pussy simultaneously, but you did fuck Lem's face up

>Why is my jaw sore?
>I suddenly have a really bad tooth ache
>Heh, Lemuel looks like a bitch

OH THANK THE GODS...that corn kernel was killing me.

>why are you like this

Attached: 1543353088513.jpg (420x231, 23K)

So is this chapter gonna be the Lemuel show ft Duane

Probably equal billing for both of them. It IS called "The Brothers Adelier."

Duane protec, Lemuel attac

The caste system is unfair and must be demolished

hey man, just because he fucked his wife and fathered his children, doesn't make him a murderer

I would have read the last few pages more carefully if I knew we were seeing Teeth's final moments.

Isn't that just the way of it? Sudden deaths make your lack of attention to the previous moments stand out so much

Even nowadays, boys that age are used in some African guerrillas. Maybe younger. Of course, its as long as they can hold an automatic rifle. Here they go only with swords, tho the plants count as artillery.

The Khmer Rouge used kidnapped boys and girls as young as eight. Just gave them a rifle, told them the other side wanted to kill them, and away they went.

To be honest, as horrible as it is seeing these Aldish kids in war, they're being treated with a lot more compassion than we've treated our child soldiers throughout our history.

Being plats and trained as wrights, they might be valuable enough to merit a bit more protecting than the average useless kid with a spear.
Of course, the real explanation is likely just that Duane treats his kids with a lot more tenderness and care than most.

Attached: IMG_20190408_144355.png (1080x1507, 186K)

This makes me realise that Duane's going to lose someone, maybe one of those kids, and have a breakdown. Everyone's all talking about how troubled Lem is but it's Duane that won't be able to handle war and loss.