Why werr golden age heroes so brutal?

Why werr golden age heroes so brutal?

Attached: 35FAA2DD-239C-4900-8A55-C6A62BCD3D35.jpg (747x518, 246K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pit_of_despair
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genie_(feral_child)
babble.com/mom/to-train-up-a-child-teaches-punishment-that-kills-kids/
nami.org/Find-Support/Veterans-and-Active-Duty
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behavioral_sink
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

F

Man of Squish

Because people didn’t realize you had to actually take care of children until a real life mad scientist strapped a bunch of traumatized baby monkeys to a rape rack.
Pre-1950’s American parenting was god awful.

>you had to actually take care of children until a real life mad scientist strapped a bunch of traumatized baby monkeys to a rape rack.
So like the opening sequence to 28 days later?

They were all pretty much dumb as hammers, so they worked with what they had

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pit_of_despair
This man singlehandedly convinced American fathers to stop brutalizing their sons.

>its real
Jesus fucking christ i didnt need to learn about this rabbit hole

Attached: 32EB7DAC-19A7-4140-9ED1-BBE14D28A327.jpg (250x250, 12K)

Jesus Christ

Attached: 1476593752048.jpg (260x384, 27K)

I’m 100% serious, the pre-Harlow world of babycare was a literal goddamn nightmare.

Attached: BA049620-1422-4494-B451-9F0D684CD41E.jpg (500x373, 41K)

>I’m 100% serious, the pre-Harlow world of babycare was a literal goddamn nightmare.
Please indulge me, since i didnt see anything in the wiki page about babycare, the study seemed to be more about depression and a way for a grieving scientist to vent frustrations over his wife dying of cancer on a bunch of monkeys.

So, this is why everyone is a pussy now.

>This man singlehandedly convinced American fathers to stop brutalizing their sons.
I don't think the people who beat their kids would care that much about a crazy scientist

Corporal punishment is not a bad thing. It's not the ONLY way to raise a kid but it's a valid option.

Is a rape rake an option if your teenage daughter has been sending too many lewd selfies?

Hallow's a tertiary figure in the 1970s humanistic psychology movements at best. And besides, the science (as soft sciences always do) was trending towards public opinion and not the other way around. The only thing he's responsible for inspiring is PETA.

That's pretty fucked up, but you know how it could get worse? When two parents strap their kid to a toilet chair for 13 years straight and kept her in the basement like storage.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genie_(feral_child)

Oh, and that lady is still alive and struggles to form basic sentences.

Attached: 220px-Genie_immediately_after_rescue.jpg (220x280, 19K)

Who was in the wrong here?
>Billy for killing the caterpillar
>Mr Mind for setting up the death of an innocent

Alright so after WW2 a lot of American home and family oriented magazines started pushing the narrative that the best way to raise children was to isolate them. In this period we really didn’t have any way of quantifying emotion as a physical, chemical thing, which eventually gave rise to an idea that emotional and mental health issues were in no way somatic and basically imagined. Therefore, you could train your children out of being needy.

Fathers were encouraged to physically beat boys and mothers were encouraged to use their daughters as human roombas. It wasn’t something that had popped up on its own, at the time this was held up as ideal parenting by the psychology establishment.

Enter Harry Harlow, who opened up His acceptance speeches with stuff like ‘the nature of love’, his experiments help convince people that children do need to bond with their parents, and then he slowly descended into madness.
He started out with the ‘wire mother’ stuff, and then escalated into ‘pit of despair’ stuff, but it was all a very public affair, published in scientific magazines like a true crime story that got yearly updates. He set out, proved his point, and then drove it into the fucking pavement.

Attached: 1476588666131.jpg (500x333, 141K)

>Alright so after WW2 a lot of American home and family oriented magazines started pushing the narrative that the best way to raise children was to isolate them.
Youre fucking with me, what kind of whack job scientist thought that was a good idea to raise a kid? Why would anyone do that?

>I WONDER IF THESE SOCIAL-BASED ANIMALS WILL BECOME DEPRESSED IF I TORTURE THEM

What the fuck kind of science is this?

>"The experiments delivered what science writer Deborah Blum has called "common sense results", namely, that monkeys, normally very social animals in nature, emerge from isolation badly damaged, and that some recover while others do not."

And she's fucking right, what the fuck. That's like an Aperture Science caricature, not a real guy with a hypothesis.

babble.com/mom/to-train-up-a-child-teaches-punishment-that-kills-kids/
It still happens today.

>"The world will never understand"
>Clark Wiley, Genie's father
Holy fucking based

>Only kills adopted children
Interesting

Its days like today that prove to me that A:I needs to be in charge of the human race

I can't imagine growing up during the Spanish Flu, Prohibition and WW1 helped matters.

>During this time, he almost always kept her strapped to a child's toilet or bound her in a crib with her arms and legs completely immobilized, forbade anyone from interacting with her, provided her with almost no stimulation of any kind, and left her severely malnourished.

There's something really "I have no mouth and I must scream" about this.

Sometimes even common sense needs to be tested and recorded.

>phoneposters

>haha what’s that mean?

Kill me.

Cause they weren't pussies like today's heroes.
>Imma ero cuz I runs a bussines and im blak!

>When the truck's driver received only a probationary sentence for both manslaughter and drunk driving, Genie's father became delusional with rage. Scientists believed these events made him feel society had failed him and convinced him he would need to protect his family from the outside world
So he lived in society?

The real reason aside from this weird torture parenting techniques side convo, is that these characters weren't as established then as they were today. They were creating their techniques and moralities as they were writing them. And a hero killing the villain was seen as a pretty "just" ending to a story, and even in real life. Remember, all this shit was happening around the time when WWII was either going on or had just ended, so the world's view of a black and white good and evil was pretty strong.

Because a lot of them worked at the behest of authorities so there was no problem with them handing out death warrents.

The world's view of a black and white good and evil is still pretty strong

>then
>Treat offspring with disdain
>somehow pulls itself together to get out of shitty disdain
>either grows up a bum or a champion

>now
>treat offspring like the holy in maculation of perfection
>never let harm unto it not even mentally
>grows up a manchild or a pussy with entitlement attitude never leaving its parents house

it sorta makes sense. Remember IF, BIG IF, you ever have children, Yea Forums, treat them like shit

Attached: 1541106297819.gif (250x188, 1.63M)

>the world's view of a black and white good and evil was pretty strong.
It still is.
We are just in a Us Vs. Them world war.

It's not science, but it is a demonstration. A lot of "conventional wisdom" asserts that torture and abuse will make a social animal tougher and more disciplined because that's how the world's armies typically work.
This study mostly serves to show that there's a minimal requirement of abstract intelligence for torture to do anything other than completely fuck up a person.

>either grows up a bum or a champion
this is the wrong conclusion user
why do you hate science?

This retard got btfo entirely unintentionally

nami.org/Find-Support/Veterans-and-Active-Duty
It's not worth it

Because it was from a time before Miranda rights and before the same emphasis on rules of evidence we have today, and when the world was undergoing post-WW1 and Great Depression fallout. It was a different time and people had different concerns, and what the kids were reading wasn't really one of them until 50s puritanism kicked in.

It's why pulp heroes like The Shadow and The Spider could get away with shooting criminals (albeit neither was as bloodthirsty as historians claims them to be).
A costumed hero shooting gangsters and Nazis and so on the face just wasn't as big of a deal back then as it is today.

Attached: The Spider by Bruce Timm.jpg (620x800, 119K)

Attached: 27458E23-A671-49C4-AA31-17DC5C85EA0B.jpg (429x330, 26K)

>A costumed hero shooting gangsters and Nazis and so on the face just wasn't as big of a deal back then as it is today.

You guys storytimed a Deathstroke comic last week, in which he murders some grandma. He apparently nuked an american city some years ago but that has blown over, I think? The difference seems to be now the villains get to murder and get away with it.

Just think, this being university research and all, this probably used 100's of thousands of dollars in public money. Teams of grad students aren't cheap, rhesus monkeys aren't cheap, and carried out these experiments for over a decade. I wonder if I can get a job where I test if stab wounds hurt dogs. Just think how valuable that conclusion would be!

>Because people didn’t realize you had to actually take care of children until a real life mad scientist strapped a bunch of traumatized baby monkeys to a rape rack.
...fucking what did I just read?

Read the thread it’s a fucking trip.

I'm going to put on my boomer hat for a minute and say that this what's wrong with your generation. You've so been taught that science is the end-all and be-all of societal progress that you actually think an obscure scientist who was condemned by his contemporaries *at the time he was doing his experiments* is what convinced American fathers to stop "brutalizing" their sons (as if every child of the 50s was chained to a whipping post).

That, or you don't really believe that and just wanted to show off some interesting trivia you learned. Either way, kys you zoomer faggot.

Also, the experiments described in that article have nothing to say about parenting except that if you raise someone in isolation in a literal pit of despair they're not going to know how to take care of a baby. No fucking shit, Sherlock.

To the pit of misery, dilly dilly!

Because villains being killed is what people want to see. Occasionally the industry figures this out and we have a huge hit comic like how Punisher was huge in the late 80s and early 90s and Death Note was huge in the 00s. But editors and publishers always willfully ignore it.

Wait, so not everyone's parents do this?

>Because people didn’t realize you had to actually take care of children until a real life mad scientist strapped a bunch of traumatized baby monkeys to a rape rack.
>Pre-1950’s American parenting was god awful.
Dr Spock literally made things 1000x worse. he made pre-1950's parenting look good.

is it though?

What was this thread about again?

That caterpillar didn't do anything

Open your eyes you fuck, the caterpillar isn't even green!

Dr. Spock was a Soviet agent.

>en.m.wikipedia
>m

no wonder everyone's so horrified.

The stories for kids were brutal because the writers had brutal childhoods.

>Open your eyes you fuck
He can't.

Suffering.

Both are 'wrong', but Mr. Mind is acting in his nature as a villain while Billy is just being an idiot.

The wisdom of solomon really is a meme power

Self hating millennial here, the problem with my generation is a combination of being too highly politicized as children and being overtly sensitive and sheltered. Seriously, the snowflake generation cant stomach anything that isnt a disney level quipfestwhen it comes to their media, and only gets their news from clickbait like buzzfeed. To make kids into not becoming soified pussies i honestly believe we need to show them snuff films and videos of animal mutilations in school to desensitize the little brats.

Attached: B536A668-4EF6-4C97-9040-8C7E6D77855E.jpg (1125x1120, 283K)

>seriously, the snowflake generation cant stomach anything that isnt a disney level quipfestwhen it comes to their media

Oh please. This has happened with every single fucking generation, with old people whining what snowflakes and worthless the younger generation is. The current generation actually cares about fighting bigotry and climate change, unlike the previous conformist generation.

He's color-blind you fucking ableist bigot!

Then he could tell it wasn't the right shade!

Attached: 0B15F8C6-E3EE-424B-B791-6125DFEB01EA.jpg (2264x1600, 1.83M)

>The current generation actually cares about fighting bigotry
Bigotry is a nonissue at this point being drummed up by retards trying to feel special with activist culture, or with an ax to grind against certain groups IE feminists hating men

I wish being beat up and bullied actually made you stronger
Instead, I just don't really see the point in working hard for anything if I'm just gonna treated like shit for no reason.

Attached: 4f2.jpg (843x500, 301K)

The fact that schools do nothing to stop bullying instead exacerbate the problem by victim blaming outcasted males is a big issues now. Why is everyone shocked school shootings happen when bullys like that dyke emma gonzalez get praised for driving a man to shoot up the place when she herself freely admitted to bullying him.

> "Not even in our most devious dreams could we have designed a surrogate as evil as these real monkey mothers were"
you litterally just designed them to do that.

>Bigotry is a nonissue at this point

No it's not. The rise of hard right hate groups proves that.

I hope she's at least led a long and happy life.

See, youre loving proof on what i meant about this generation being too politicized as kids. Everyone that isnt on your side of ultra liberal “progressivists” is some alt right nazi to you. Everything you have done has regressed society. Bitching about tits in video games or violence being problematic in movies is the same behavior as boomer soccer moms in the 90s bitching about beavis and butthead or bart simpson. You have become the very problem you think youre against.

they're a natural response to leftist thought-policing, forced diversity, censorship and double standards.

>To make kids into not becoming soified pussies i honestly believe we need to show them snuff films and videos of animal mutilations in school to desensitize the little brats.
but then you get /pol/...

Better that then an entire generations of faggots demanding the media be sanitized into their own safe space

>The current generation actually cares about fighting bigotry and climate change, unlike the previous conformist generation.
more like causing bigotry and bitching about climate change while doing absolutely nothing about it...

this, the problem isn't bully's on its own its an inability to fight back. The logical escalation of bully's in the past meant that either
>the kid bullied finds a way to beat up their bully learning to stand up for themselves
>they form a social group strong enough to dissuade the bully teaching them social life-skills
>they beat their bully though trickery or deception, strengthening their self determination and ingenuity
or
>they make peace with the bully by becoming a crony, learning the inner details of how to move about around a boss like figure
The way it is now, only really the social option works anymore, and even then its no 100% thing.

So what happens is outcasts that should go though a natural learning curve to adaptation instead become subject to a despotic prison where everyone is out to get them. Lose their shit, learn nothing, and decide to end it all.

>American fathers to stop brutalizing their sons.
The article mentions nothing of the such

>The rise of hard right hate groups proves that.
i think that has more to do with decades of letting certain groups get away with crime, terrorism, etc, and calling anyone who complained about that "racists and bigots" might have something to do with that.
just saying.
i mean, i didn't even care about politics until it flooded all my hobbies and literally called me a monster.

you made them though, they are on the rise because of you. You got this ball rolling, what got most of them, on this path was the insane shit from you people.

>i mean, i didn't even care about politics until it flooded all my hobbies and literally called me a monster.
this^
The right is on the rise because the left over reached, just like the left was on the rise because the christian right overreached in the 90's.

The problem is that the education systems fucked and no one wants to do anything about bullying because they know that theyd be considered the root cause. Taking away football would be like poison to most school principals even if its detrimental for the culture in it, and the is education structure is beyond broken and to accurately fix it the department would need major house cleaning. So hence we have school specials about bullying that doesnt address root problems and leaves nothing fixed.

>realizes this was basically how I was raised as a child

Help

Pic related is how i feel only replace vidya with cartoons/movies. I only became right leaning after this insane feminazi social justice wave strated mutating the things im interested in into bias propaganda.

Attached: 43DAE8C3-171C-463E-98F9-EA599CD57C46.jpg (1024x789, 182K)

BASED

No way this was written by an adult. Also
>phoneposting

>. Bitching about tits in video games or violence being problematic in movies is the same behavior as boomer soccer moms in the 90s bitching about beavis and butthead or bart simpson

Except the argument isn't "oh won't somebody think of the children! They're being corrupted!" it's "this is completely unnecessary, tasteless and exploitative and adds nothing to the story, and at best promotes and glorifies toxic behavior."

the "alt-right" are considered reactionary for a reason.

He literally put a bunch of animals in a sack and drowned them. This looks like what a parody of classic superhero stories would look like.

>i mean, i didn't even care about politics until it flooded all my hobbies and literally called me a monster.

Then either you're fooling yourself and were ignorant of your biases, or you're very easy to manipulate.

>and at best promotes and glorifies toxic behavior."
do you seriously believe that horseshit?

>while doing absolutely nothing about it...

I see school kids actively protesting that the governments are dragging their feet on climate change and pressuring them to get shit done. What are you doing to save the planet, keyboard warrior? Posting dank memes on Yea Forums?

This is only active now because the U.S. has no interest in actually winning wars and instead focuses on removing civil liberties since 9/11. The military being a daycare center while civilians are put in Gitmo is the end goal of a military industrial complex that has successfully become invincible.

>this is completely unnecessary, tasteless and exploitative and adds nothing to the story, and at best promotes and glorifies toxic behavior."
There is nothing wrong with fan service, the prudes of yesteryear complaining everything is sinful and against god have been replaced by landwhales and feminists upset by she ras clevage and demanding it be reduced because theyre selfish and jealous over a fictional character. You are everything wrong with society, you sexually conservative troglodyte

Attached: EEB13668-0722-4B10-AAA7-2DB0B53CBF74.png (1600x2133, 1.69M)

The reason no one wants to fix the "root cause" is that compulsory schooling itself is the root cause, full stop. Schooling is effectively prison for children (granted, more comfortable), and bullying is a natural phenomenon anytime people can not freely select who they associate with. People like to pretend that the way schooling is now is the way it has always been, but in reality, the whole spend-your-childhood-like-a-full-time-office-worker is relatively modern trend, only having been around since the 1950's (in the US at least).

Yes. When you portray bad behavior as glamorous and fun it's toxic because it influences people. There's a reason why a lot of 80s sex comedies by today's standards are awful and problematic by their nature because they were rapey as fuck and portrayed it largely as fun and harmless behavior as long as you were the good guy protagonist doing it.

The problem with climate change is too many people, but apprently enforcing sticter child laws on niggers in africa is racist

>tits are unnecessary
stop being a faggot

yeah, which actually makes it WORSE user.
>we should not have these things on TV because it will corrupt our children and lead them into bad and destructive behaviors
vs
>STOP PUBLISHING THIS SHIT SHIT, YOU FUCKING SHITLORD! I DON'T LIKE IT WHICH MEANS IT SHOULDN'T EXIST AND I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOUR RIGHTS OR WHAT YOU LIKE, I FUCKING HATE IT SO IT HAS TO GO AND YOU ARE AN EVIL, MYSOGGINISTIC, RAPIST ASSHOLE BIGOT RACIST FOR EVEN THINKING IT HAS A RIGHT TO EXIST AND YOU SHOULD BE FIRED FROM YOUR JOB AND BE PHYSICALLY ASSAULTED BECAUSE YOU DON'T AGREE WITH ME! NOW I'M GOING TO SHIT ALL OVER EVERYTHING AND MAKE IT SUIT MY TASTES BECAUSE FUCK YOU YOU NAZI BASTARD!!!!!!!!
one group had moral concerns. the other group is just a bunch of assholes.

>The reason no one wants to fix the "root cause" is that compulsory schooling itself is the root cause, full stop. Schooling is effectively prison for children (granted, more comfortable), and bullying is a natural phenomenon anytime people can not freely select who they associate with. People like to pretend that the way schooling is now is the way it has always been, but in reality, the whole spend-your-childhood-like-a-full-time-office-worker is relatively modern trend, only having been around since the 1950's (in the US at least).
I disagree in the sense that i think it can and needs to be treated harsher in schools how they are already, but what youve said intrigues me and im curious what you think schooling should be like.

>There is nothing wrong with fan service

There's fan service that is sexy and then there's pointless, cheap nudity that's just there for the sake of nudity. Like everything, you can do it well and you can do it poorly, and far more often it's the latter category.

>Then either you're fooling yourself and were ignorant of your biases, or you're very easy to manipulate.
fucking kek. do you get high off your own farts or were you just born this dumb?

Motherfucker, if you're going to come up in this thread and try to tell people the fucking Moral Majority weren't a bunch of assholes, I must invite you to lick a cactus.

>problematic and rapey
Or more like being a sensitive bitch you want to apply that to anything because youre disgusted by sex and hate men, of course a feminsit prude like yourself wants to erasure away male sexuality from the media. You fucking sicken me, the sooner society throws your garbge into the trash the sooner it can finally evolve.

the #1 cause of climate change is man made polution, right? So the logical solution would be to curtail polution as much as possible? so then why are the #1 and #2 polluters on the planet (china and india) give free rain to build hyper polluting plants and factories despite creating three times as much pollution as every single western nation combined?
If any of those kids were really about stopping climate change, they would be calling for the genocidal extermination of india and china, or at a minimum the end of virtually all manufacturing and building in those countries. But I don't hear shit from them.

Non American here. Give me a quick run on American schools.

How is it better?
Cleanliness is godliness.

Attached: Tahnok_Stampede.png (696x490, 387K)

You literally are the moral majoritys modern equivlent, you near sighted mongoloid. Do you have zero self awareness rhat your pearl clutching and purity whining is exactly the same?
>waghhhhh someones sexier then me on tv i feel self consious
Grow a thciker skin and stop demanding society bends over backwars because of your own narcissism you entitled faggot.

Essentially most girls play with men because theyre looking for drama and niggers that play sports want to cause a race war in thr lunchroom every other day.

>so then why are the #1 and #2 polluters on the planet (china and india) give free rain to build hyper polluting plants and factories despite creating three times as much pollution as every single western nation combined?

Both India and China are actually committed to fight climate change and are taking active steps towards that goal. It's juvenile whataboutism to cry about other countries and use it as an excuse to do jackshit yourself. It's a global project and that's why we need things like Paris Climate Agreement.

>the solution is genocide!

You sir are a fucking idiot.

yeah, i call bullshit.
you're saying "it's done poorly" because it doesn't suit your tastes, and that's it.

Yeah no, fuck that. I dont want every cartoon to be like pic related, and on the dark road were on now it looks to be that way.

Attached: 442D991C-3540-42CE-87C5-E742AE236492.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

which is hilarious to me because they identified the phenomena of cultural appropriation in the first place, and yet seem incapable of understanding how what they do leads to the same effects.

>You
Dumbass.

Oh, but all the people crying about black people in movies and SJW propaganda don't want safe spaces and sanitize media?

i never said the "moral majority" weren't assholes. I said they had a slightly, SLIGHTLY, decent foundation to their arguments even if they were bullshit, as opposed to a bunch of fucking assholes who want shit banned because it doesn't fit their tastes.

What they have done is literally cultural appropriation. Look how they overtaken star wars or the entire comics industry. It makes me sick and because of their actions i dont believe the human race is worth value anymore. I honestly want the world to burn and them with it becasue they took the few things keeping me sane away from me.

Attached: 3ED5A780-B8C2-466C-AC47-BB62ED84B869.png (853x480, 288K)

>Both India and China are actually committed to fight climate change and are taking active steps towards that goal.
they literally are not. they are still massively increasing their industrial capacity with virtually no real regulations on pollution.
>Paris Climate Agreement
was literally a joke slamming harsher regulations on countries that already have near impossible regulations, while allowing china and india to do whatever they pleased with a barest fraction of the regulations.

No, I'm saying it's done poorly because it's mostly done lazily, because they think just throwing tits at the screen will suffice. This applies to all trends and copycat moves in movies and TV. People were even actively complaining about HBO doing nothing but just a lot of pointless nudity in their shows not ten years ago because it was a cheap gimmick.

And nudity is also completely one-sided. Where's all the male nudity if you think excessive and not point to it female nudity is entirely fine? Oh right, nowhere because that'd be gay to you.

That's really quite irrelevant at the end of the day.
The litmus test for whether you should consider someone's argument is first and foremost whether they are an asshole or not. Anything an asshole tells you, even if true or accurate or valid, is still a manipulative power grab. If you are ever in a situation where you have to comply with an asshole the first thing you do is make sure they don't benefit from it more than you do: that's called winning.

talk about arbitrary

>hurr durr let me throw your arhument back at you
Doesnt count, shit stick. Forcing your poltics where it isnt wanted isnt warranted either, your fucking agenda crusade isnt morally pure or infallible so stop being so shocked people are throwing your crap back at you.

Pic highly related

Attached: E202965F-8527-432E-A3D5-7BC8EED231F7.jpg (540x540, 46K)

he is arguing against their existence.
Im not that user but i can sum up such an argument. Despite all the benefits that its brought us modern society is so fundamentally alien to human nature genuine evolution is needed to adjust. This means for the next few thousands of years we have to sustain ourselfs while a percentage of the population loses their minds acting out violently.

We cant sustain such a society, and thus we cant adapt in time, the system will just breakdown.
His solution to this is returning to a pre-1950's labor economy.

You never killed a bug?

>Where's all the male nudity if you think excessive and not point to it female nudity is entirely fine? Oh right, nowhere because that'd be gay to you.
Hence why we have thor take off his short every movie and yet a massive shitstorm from ham planets ensue the moment harley quinn gets an ass shit

>His solution to this is returning to a pre-1950's labor economy.
This could literally only work if we could colonize other planets.

>We cant sustain such a society
Indeed. We can't sustain let alone live in it.

Attached: 1554587137447.jpg (194x259, 9K)

thats a false statement. Same as saying
>this is worse than death!
if something is worse than death you would commit suicide, and if you trully are beyond the brink why aren't you doing something about it?

You've been drinking the coolaid bud, gotta quit that shit

>No, I'm saying it's done poorly because it's mostly done lazily, because they think just throwing tits at the screen will suffice.
>there's tits on my screen. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
oh cry harder faggot.
>Nudity is completely one sided
not really though. I mean, what limits there are these days tend to have more to do with old anti-porn regulations than anything, and with the amount of dicks places like HBO show it's hard to say it's really one sided. Hell, most shows show off more male nudity per square inch than female.

Have you squished a caterpillar in your hand?

I never said it was a good solution just his desired one. And thats kinda the low down of it isnt it? If we cant keep pushing till we get interstellar colonization then we will never leave this rock, but the way things are i think we're all going to collapse before then.

So i can use my power to vote against any blue candidates

I did a paper on Genie fucking years ago
>the first family that adopted her beat her after she threw up upon eating actual food, with evidence coming out that they only wanted her for the "fame" it would bring

Attached: 1537734874712.jpg (477x425, 27K)

then you have not trully lost all hope.

>the first family that adopted her beat her after she threw up upon eating actual food, with evidence coming out that they only wanted her for the "fame" it would bring
No one should have to suffer like this, this honestly made me pissed to read it

Attached: C50FFA1F-C962-4655-9A3D-8E58C89C773F.jpg (600x472, 71K)

Then I advise you to not read any further about Genie, user. It is a depressing fucking ordeal.

Nah, im just so filled with malice that i know even doing a small part to be apart of their downfall brings me some peace

>and with the amount of dicks places like HBO show it's hard to say it's really one sided

One cable channel doing it hardly makes it an even playing field either.

i mean, more progress could have been made, if faggots like you didn't constantly REEEEEE about "muh sexismsmsms!!!!!!"

????

I don't know what you are on about; if you asked me what the school system would look like, it would probably look a lot more like what homeschooling groups do right now.

I had some pretty rich friends growing up, and instead of going to normal public school, they attended this group of homeschoolers (I was not a part of it, though). The parents pooled money together to pay for tutors for specific subjects, and basically which classes a student attended was decided by the student and the parent. A side-effect of this system is that the students had a much more malleable schedule, and the months that they were taking classes did not align whatsoever with my summers. I'd say the system worked okay; I went to college with 3 of the people in this group and they did fine.

>poor parenting thread
>no universe 24 experiments
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behavioral_sink
Last century was truly the definition of macabre experiments.

Yeah, thankfully its not and we get ab shots of captain america, superman, and lots more these days. In fact, to even things out id say more sexualized females need to be introduced on screen.

Attached: EBF7B593-00BA-4670-ADC3-0975910B28A7.jpg (900x1273, 361K)

Am I a part of this experiment?

I would go up to bees when they were in big flowers and grab the petals all around them. I'd then shake them the fuck up and toss the buzz bomb (as I called them) at my sister.

>as opposed to a bunch of fucking assholes who want shit banned because it doesn't fit their tastes.
I think the James Gunn shit proved that applies to both sides just fine and dandy.

Me too culture is a fucking disgrace to america, we shouldve left this kind of witchhunt behavior behind decades ago

I would say rape culture is the disgrace but whatever you say bro. Not sure what metoo had to do with James Gunn being fired either, that was all /pol/ butthurt about Roseanne.

Rape culture is a myth, metoo was just an excuse to attack men, james gunn didnt even do anything wrong just like how johnny deep and chris savino were innocents caught in the crosshairs of feminist misandry

>I think the James Gunn shit proved that applies to both sides just fine and dandy.
>having an issue with pedophilia is the same as having an issue with tits.
>having an issue with grown adults fucking children is the exact same as having an issue with a woman having breasts larger than an A cup while showing the slightest bit of curves.
you. fucking. retarded. faggot.
get the fuck off this planet.

Rude jokes arent anything bad, complaing about someone saying something offensive makes you just as mich of an SJW faggot as

>having an issue with pedophilia is the same as having an issue with tits.
Here we go - edgy dead baby jokes on twitter from a decade ago mean James Gunn fucks kids. You Q-user fags are always the same

>Rape culture is a myth
Then how come Hollywood is filled with rapists and people who defend or shelter rapists?

incase you idiots forgot, Gunn wasn't fired for dead baby jokes. he was fired because he got outed as a pedo sharing fap material with his friends.

It isnt, you just want to make it institutionalized that men=rapists, no defense on their part can stop the witchhunt you feminist slime have spread like a cancer

Then why didn't the police arrest him for sharing child porn?

Wow you must be a mindreader, that's fascinating. I did't realize saying rapists exist in Hollwood was a feminazi thing, I guess /pol/ is filled with feminazis then.

No he didnt, stop being a social justice faggot like the tumblrina over their. Bob iger wants to instill his disney moral police state on all media he buys out so it makes sense that faggot would fire someone over jokes, just like how rosanne was unjustly fired.

>Then how come Hollywood is filled with rapists and people who defend or shelter rapists?
user, allow me to tell you about the Jews...

why isnt R-kelly in jail yet? why was Glover let go?

Power and money let you get away with anything.

Pit of despair was only one of Harlow's experiments and I'm not sure why that user posted it. The wire mothers would have been more relevant, honestly, but Harlow is in no way "obscure." Until this thread I actually thought this was common knowledge

why do you (((think)))
if i recall correctly, it was because what he shared wasn't technically child porn. In the same way that sharing pictures from say the amazon kid's clothing section isn't child porn. Or the women's underwear section isn't porn. You can still fap to it, but it doesn't meet the legal definitions of porn, so you don't get in trouble. Which is why there are some debates about having those kid sections with pictures of actual kids wearing stuff.

>over their
Are you ESL or what? Why are you lecturing Americans on their culture?

its been close to 50 years ago and the field of psychology doesnt want to advertise their turbulent past

And then we got the baby boomers. BOY, that sure turned out swell.

>It doesn't count when I do it!
Not an argument.

>When you portray bad behavior as glamorous and fun it's toxic because it influences people
Except games like GTA have constantly glorified stealing and killing for fun and guess what retard, the tens of millions of people who bought and played the game aren't out on murdering sprees.
Maybe it's because you're not right in the head, but you need to realize that normal functioning people can see things like murder in video games and sexy characters without it making them kill and rape in real life.
>Rapey as fuck
And meanwhile we have shows like Game of Thrones that show LITERAL rape on camera and it is universally praised.

I agree about being politicized but honestly looking back at my childhood and that of my friends we werent that sheltered. By high school I think most kids got that what we were told was mostly bullshit and no one really cared. There were loads of expectations for us but there was no enthusiasm.
What I do remeber as a kid is that most of the adult world seemed largely abstract and arbitrary. There was always some secret bureaucracy to connecting action and purpose. And I'm not sure most of us ever learned it.

I think we are generation that got far to good at pretending we care about what's in front of us. Because acting like we care has always been enough.

And I don't think this created just the sois, the angry young men LARPing about about with thier outrage over outrage are just as much miserable kin, even if they try to disown us.
I don't think we're oversensitive, I think we barely feel at all. This culture is us all running through our habit of creating care so we have the skeleton of a reason to move through life.

>There were loads of expectations for us but there was no enthusiasm
>I think we barely feel at all.
you hit it on the head user, The big problem behind no one growing up is there's nothing to look forward to when you do.

>Until this thread I actually thought this was common knowledge
I mean, have these people not seen Professor Pyg? Buch of fucking casuals I tell you what.

>Except games like GTA have constantly glorified stealing and killing for fun

Killing sprees for fun in GTA is penalized by the heavy attraction of cops that kill you. It's inherently ingrained in the system to not go on a rampage because you lose money and gear.

>And meanwhile we have shows like Game of Thrones that show LITERAL rape on camera and it is universally praised.

The difference is that rape is clearly portrayed as horrific and wrong in GoT instead of hijinks and getting even with someone for laughs.

we're reaching levels of retardation that shouldn't even be possible...

well they are leddit trash.

There's nothing wrong with our generation, except that it's bordered on one side by selfish morons and on the other by shiftless maniacs.

You know. Like every generation.

>The difference is that rape is clearly portrayed as horrific and wrong in GoT instead of hijinks and getting even with someone for laughs.
Game of Thrones is a fucking cartoon that exists nowadays as revenge porn.

>In 1974, American literary critic Wayne C. Booth wrote that "Harry Harlow and his colleagues go on torturing their nonhuman primates decade after decade, invariably proving what we all knew in advance—that social creatures can be destroyed by destroying their social ties." He writes that Harlow made no mention of the criticism of the morality of his work.
People knew this shit already, the head of the experiment has just some depressed fuck that lost his wife and decided to make something else misserable too.

No. He means the monkeys raised in his contraptions went on to become abusive and sadistic themselves

And the story is still morally complex and nuanced that doesn't just say "ah just rape and kill and whatever, it's all fine." Seeking revenge is also repeatedly shown to be stupid and gets you killed. It's fundamentally different from things like Revenge of the Nerds where the attitude is that date raping girls is fine.

yes, as he intended, his design worked.

Because it's wrong to build yourself a glitzy luxurious first world country by burning a shit ton of oil and then tell everyone else they're not allowed to do that because muh carbon.

The west just got away with it because they did it fifty years before everyone else.

The show? No, the show is legitimately REVENGE IS GOOD GET REVENGE, we have revenge happen in three episodes in season 6 at the very end and the episode ends with the pov character smirking as triumphant music swells. Don't fucking talk to me about the "morally complex and nuanced" storytelling of fucking GoT. It USED to be about revenge being a poison, but that shit died ages ago.

Also reminder that Pod was 15 and his sexual antics (that he was forced into) are played as a joke.

Throainf back arguments when it doesnt apply to your opponent is not an argument, try again
ITS A FUCKING TV SHOW, YOU DENSE FAGGOT IT DOESNT INFLUENCE PEOPLE

Christ, you sound like the morel majority when it came to whinning about vidya

Those where Venus animals and it seems like he can't travel to Venus.
Honestly the best thing was to put them down before they killed someone.

>Throainf
Learn english

Another thought:
I visited a friend's house. She was in her mid thirties and while she was a fairly sober and responsible person she was also so imature and weird in her demeanor. She was a fujoshi type.
Her place was an apartment downtown, it wasn't big but it was open and well kept and comfortable. Not a house with a white fence but given state of things it was a fine place to live.
She had a job in the field she went to school for and made enough that she could afford a stable life. She had time to be involved actively in the community theater and help out at events in the city. She had a boyfriend, who despite being a bit of a stoner type, still had a decent job and was apart of councils for things.

They were losers like me, that kind of millennial trash that people hate. And this decent life they had just could sit well with me. If he was farmer or plumber or something this kind of humble would be heartwarming, but it wasn't. It seemed to fucking easy. It seemed that if they could be living decent lives it, or they, should be even more decent.

It still makes me horribly uneasy. Maybe because they look more like me than like my parents and they have a life either can live in. Maybe it's just because I'm almost thirty and still post on Yea Forums in the wee hours of the morning.

I don't know my guys, living doesn't feel the way living should. I'm not sure what its suppose to feel like at all. And if anyone ever did know, I probably would trust them to tell me.

Attached: D366EF5B-8A2F-49CA-BC45-01CB09DA4084.png (680x501, 125K)

>Tiny, worm-sized electric chair

Attached: RCO032_1474612317.jpg (1150x1600, 534K)

All media influences attitudes and ideas. They just do not lead to direct actions, like make people become mass shooters just because they played GTA and want to mimic it, unless you already had psychological problems.

That is why things like treating women as sexual objects where their primary function is to show their tits and nothing else is problematic in media because it enforces attitudes where women are just things to look at sexually and their appearance and sexyness is all that matters.

Why would Solomon know what an alien caterpillar looks like? Motherfucker died thousands of years ago.

>That is why things like treating women as sexual objects where their primary function is to show their tits and nothing else is problematic in media because it enforces attitudes where women are just things to look at sexually and their appearance and sexyness is all that matters.
Literal soccer mom Mentality. Congratulations, your speaking like a neocon from the 90s now, you mentally damaged mistake of nature.

Attached: FBCD0B2F-D69F-4A23-8FED-AB337B44BB67.png (800x450, 259K)

Most of their enemies were Nazis or Japanese spies, which they could kill with impunity at the time.

Attached: Human Torch, original02.jpg (604x909, 246K)

How did Mr. Mind come back from that?

Attached: Mr. Mind07.jpg (491x318, 84K)

Turns out he's immune to electric chairs. He then simple had a fake Mr. Mind made to be put on display.

I swear if the next Shazam movie dn't have Mr. Mind pulling that laugh...

Rake might be too much.
Try a rape leaf blower

the toxic behavior you're talking about is someone getting turned on by seeing a pair of tits
one problem with liberal thinking is that they don't think anyone else can be responsible for their own behavior
i don't care what rape statistics they pull out of their ass, the vast majority of men don't sexually harass women
that's because of deep seated morals that can't be shaken by a viewing of titties

He should be wise enough to know that green and red aren't the same colour

as if i and everybody else is so stupid that we instantly go out and do what we see in the movies
your attitude is essentially condescending and contemptful
and who are you people to presume to babysit the rest of us?

This reminds me. Where green and blue consider different colors back then?
Because it seems many cultures couldn't differenciate them untill much later.

they're places for people to store their children while they work 9-to-5 jobs

Superheroes strapping villains to rape racks.

As far as english goes, you have to remember that it's not one language, but three or four languages wearing a coat.
It's roots bounce between Romance, Germanic, and Celtic, and they all have separate names for Blue and Green, though Blue and Black were the same occasionally.

Seems it's everyone but white folk that combine the two.

Holy shit. Straight murder. He's sentient.

I just wish this had been Mary Marvel squashing him under her boot.. for research purposes.

Adorable

Attached: the-mysterious-mister-mind-1554294667.jpg (780x439, 136K)

Attempted murder.

Where did he get a tiny bottle of Ether?
How does he operate the nozzle?

Different cultures place different "default" positions on the spectrum for their colors. It's not that people couldn't differentiate blue and green. It's that either one was considered a shade of the other due to their closeness, or that what was meant by the word for either was more of a teal or seafoam.

The numbers and names of basic colors is fairly arbitrary in each culture. Color's a fucking spectrum. In fact, black and white are basically the only 2 basic colors which languages have concrete meanings for except for cultures where a color comes from a specific dye which can be replicated.

>"The technical name for the new depression chamber was "vertical chamber apparatus", though Harlow himself insisted on calling it the "pit of despair". He had at first wanted to call it the "dungeon of despair", and also used terms like "well of despair", and "well of loneliness". Blum writes that his colleagues tried to persuade him not to use such descriptive terms, that a less visual name would be easier, politically speaking. Gene Sackett of the University of Washington in Seattle, one of Harlow's doctoral students who went on to conduct additional deprivation studies, said, "He first wanted to call it a dungeon of despair. Can you imagine the reaction to that?"[9]

>Most of the monkeys placed inside it were at least three months old and had already bonded with others. The point of the experiment was to break those bonds in order to create the symptoms of depression. The chamber was a small, metal, inverted pyramid, with slippery sides, slanting down to a point. The monkey was placed in the point. The opening was covered with mesh. The monkeys would spend the first day or two trying to climb up the slippery sides. After a few days, they gave up. Harlow wrote, "most subjects typically assume a hunched position in a corner of the bottom of the apparatus. One might presume at this point that they find their situation to be hopeless."[10] Stephen J. Suomi, another of Harlow's doctoral students, placed some monkeys in the chamber in 1970 for his PhD. He wrote that he could find no monkey who had any defense against it. Even the happiest monkeys came out damaged. He concluded that even a happy, normal childhood was no defense against depression.

He thought he was successful. He thought he murdered him. No wonder MM tried to kill the entire multiverse.

Maybe he could see it was the wrong worm if he stopped brock squinting all the time.

>In 1971, Harlow's wife died of cancer and he began to suffer from depression. He was treated and returned to work but, as Lauren Slater writes, his colleagues noticed a difference in his demeanor. He abandoned his research into maternal attachment and developed an interest in isolation and depression.

Its like a real life mad scientist origin

Attached: 1527798464445.jpg (445x503, 40K)

>burgers
Jesus Christ no wonder Mengele and co. thought of Americans as their elders and betters. But that's protestantism and jews for you.

People who have been abused are likely to be abused again in a vicious cycle because people who abuse them figure they've already been broken and tainted so "it's okay".

In the 20's it was those damned kids and their alcohol.

In the 50's it was those damned kids and their rock and roll.

In the 70's it was those damned kids and their drugs.

In the 90's it was those damned kids and their Dungeons and Dragons and witchcraft books.

Don't worry dude, you'll be finding something new to bitch about in another decade when you're more of an embittered fuck.

Welcome to the Chaos Vote Legion.

Attached: It's Chaos just Chaos.jpg (450x343, 64K)

They still make kids dissect animals or animal parts in biology, user.

But that pretty much sounds like the old argument. It even talks about the promotion of bad behavior, and guess who is easily influenced by such promotion?

A child.

>These experiments showed Harlow what total and partial isolation did to developing monkeys, but he felt he had not captured the essence of depression

God almighty.

Well, a society.

>In the 90's it was those damned kids and their Dungeons and Dragons and witchcraft books.

The eighties, I think?

Nineties was already gaming, wasn't it, or was it House parties and XTC?

>A child.

No....

Attached: No.jpg (480x360, 20K)

Ah, my bad, it kind of spilled over into the 90's and early 00's here in Georgia. By the time Harry Potter was getting movies we had soccer moms protesting it was evil Satan shit or something. Buncha backwoods idiots.

>This has happened with every single fucking generation,
Untrue, your boomer parents didn't deal with that.
I know you don't remember the 80s, but still try to keep up kiddo

So you're admitting you have nothing to say about the 10s, 30s, 40s, 60s, 80s, and 2000s, yes?
Your point is moot. Exceptional retards call for exceptional call outs.

Ooh, how badass and brave, cutting apart long dead things that don't bleed
I was lucky enough to belong to a boy's group in rural Canada where there are plenty of Indians, so I was taught how to trap and flay rabbits
City dwellers, kill yourselves

>there will never be a bioshock game with a boss based on Harlow
Why even live?

>So you're admitting you have nothing to say about the 10s, 30s, 40s, 60s, 80s, and 2000s, yes?
Car vandalisms, food theft, faking IDs to get drafted, tree hugging, kidnappings, and violence in video games and movies. Just using the most prominent generational gaps as an example, but you'd know that if you had half a brain to process it.

But... he has the wisdom of solomon...

Sounds like my life desu

>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pit_of_despair
>After 30 days, the "total isolates", as they were called, were found to be "enormously disturbed". After being isolated for a year, they barely moved, did not explore or play, and were incapable of having sexual relations. When placed with other monkeys for a daily play session, they were badly bullied. Two of them refused to eat and starved themselves to death.
Wait, did this fucker find a basis for incels before incels even existed?

It would be fun to
put them together and see if one starts violently acting up

>the dread gorillion

And in the 10s its cartoon tits and violence in vidya. You are the very thing you accuse me of being

I couldn't give a shit about either of those things, what are you on about?

Thought you were , also youre an idiot to imply there isnt something exceptionally wrong with the zeitgeist of this generation when people like exist in it

>9 to 5
5 pm? Seriously?

Did you never burn ants with a magnifying glass as a kid?

Where'd you think the song comes from?

Ants are not sentient, though.

I was gonna argue that Deathstroke's status as an anti-hero at best and villain protagonist usually makes his situation a lot different than that of the pulp heroes but
>The difference seems to be now the villains get to murder and get away with it.
>Harley Quinn
>Deathstroke
>Superior Spider-Man
>the Joker in the new movie
Yeah, we really are glorifying villains too damn much these days.
Never thought I'd say that.

Attached: 1516305785380.png (180x204, 20K)

>children
Actually the Fawcett Captain Marvel wasn't Billy, they switched places. It wasn't until COIE that the writers truly settled on Cap being Billy in an adult body (and even then you still had non-canon takes like Monster Society of Evil and DK2 that went for the old approach)

>Japan is openly sexual in media, but there’s less sex crime.
>America is less sexual in media, but with more sex crimes and Hollywood is a shithole
uh

>these characters weren't as established then as they were today
That has nothing to do with it. The only reason heroes stopped killing bad guys is because of CCA mandates, and also because it gave writers an easy out from having to keep establishing new villains.

>And the story is still morally complex and nuanced
>game of thrones
>morally complex
you fucking what mate?

Attached: 1553270969672.jpg (600x600, 291K)

Because they were created while the country was in actual war, and people at the time were used to the idea of tough decisions having to be made.

>The west just got away with it because they did it fifty years before everyone else.
and because we didn't realize it was a problem.

look, you're basically saying "This is a huge fucking problem that could destroy our planet, but rather than actually doing shit to save our world, we're gonna give a bunch of people a free pass to kill us all because they were fucking late to the game and it would be unfair to stop them! I mean, sure, we're all gonna die now, but at least we died playing fair!!!"
fuck off faggot.

>I don't know my guys, living doesn't feel the way living should.
yeah, i know what you mean. everything seems...off.

>That is why things like treating women as sexual objects where their primary function is to show their tits and nothing else is problematic in media because it enforces attitudes where women are just things to look at sexually and their appearance and sexyness is all that matters.
you know, this reminds me of something i read somewhere. Where one person stated that porn was bad because it denegrated women into sex objects, and someone replied that no, porn raised women up to be sex objects?
why? because what is a woman but a weaker, smaller, man? any physical labor a woman can do, a man can do better and for longer. any intelectual pursuit a woman can do, a man could reasonably do to the same degree if not better (as evidenced by the plethora of male stem practitioners vs women). The only thing a woman can do, that a man cannot also do and potentially do better, is bear children. the only difference between men and women is their sex. if a woman is stripped of her sex, she is nothing more than a man. a weaker, generally more emotional, man. but if she is given her sex, if she is raised up based on her sex, than she becomes something more, something else, something of intrinsic value rather than self earned value.
or words to that effect were the argument, anyways. So the more you bitch about women being reduced to nothing but tits and ass, remember, those tits and ass are all that separate you from the existence where you have no value other than the labor you can create.

>the vast majority of men don't sexually harass women
there was a lady who wore a camera one time to record how much sexual harassment she got walking around. turned out the only people who would sexually harass her were minorities and she ended up burying the tape lest she be called racist.

the problem is that either normal superheros are seen as "The Man" instead of back in the day

Or people have this weird idea that villians and anti-heroes are somehow more "complex" or "interesting" when really most of them are blood-stained cardboard

>Having pity for a literal genocider

That idea came about because of the comics code, really. Heroes all started having a huge bunch of rules and limitations the writer had to follow, while writers could do with the villains anything they wanted as long as they lost.

>living doesn't feel the way living should

I am struggling to understand. What were you expecting?

I just wanted to talk about comics and cartoon, this is all so terrible.

Screencapped for future use.

what the fuck

not him, but it kinda works like this.
>grow up, expect that you'll have a family, a home, a job
>get told to go to school, get good grades, go to college
>most jobs fit a certain profile, 9-5, full time, beenfits, weekends off
instead, most of us live in apartments, we're lucky if we get roommates. we're lucky if we have significant others, much less long term significant others, even less than that if we're married. Most of those of us who went to college not only do not have a job in our field, we're in jobs we reasonably could have gotten without going to college, and most of those jobs are part time. those jobs we get that are full time are less 8 hour work days, and more 9 hour work days, often with irregular shifts, and rarely with weekends off.
our parents, schools, entertainment, etc, all sold us a world, and yet now that we're grown up, the world is nothing like we were told it was, but if we visit our parents, or turn on the tv, everything is still that world we were told about. So reality feels fractured, disjointed, to the point of madness. and occasionally we see people our age who are "having" that life to a certain extent, but even they aren't fully having it, so it feels even more alien, almost lovecraftian. as if two realities were placed on top of each other, and you can see the one that is supposed to be real, but never touch it, while you're living in the one that isn't supposed to be real, but it's all you can actually interact with.

>Superior Spider-Man
Wasn't Superior about Doc Ock's redemption though?

Oh. Well, I am autistic, so... welcome to my life. I don't expect anything to make sense.

Golden age best age

Attached: plas pepe.png (1436x1165, 111K)

It was 1950s American parenting that produced boomers so maybe the older folks had it right.

I mean, I'm sure that was the idea. Dan Slott even said he wanted Otto to learn the whole "great power great responsability" thing, but not only was Otto's redemption essentially handed on a silver platter to him once he was able to steal Peter's life, Slott also had Otto
>beat the shit out of people violently with little remorse
>threatened innocents
>embezzled money to fund his tech and army of henchmen
>had an army of henchmen he used in conjunction with robots to spy on people and invade parts of the city
>continued to inhabit a body and life he stole
>killed the true owner of the body he’d stolen again
>murdered people and covered up said murders
>raped through deception the only dwarf character in Spider-Man’s canon.
>attempted to rape Mary Jane via tricking her into thinking he was her ex-boyfriend
>invaded the memories of the body he’d stolen to possibly masturbate to his private and intimate memories of having sex with her, which included the sensation of what that was like, with Peter yelling no throughout the scene, violating at least Peter

Not even at his most sadistic outing as a villain was Doctor Octopus this much of a monstrous douchebag, and we are supposed to think of him as an awesome anti-hero and not at all Slott's villain sue that he won't let go of.

Attached: otto hydra.jpg (756x1148, 399K)

You mean life wasn't as it was promised in fictional stories? Welcome to adult life, motherfucker.

Do you think family and married life is just walking on rose pedals? Well it fucking isn't. You spend years taking care of a small child that is either always hungry, crying, pissing and shitting itself, demanding attention, supervision and comfort. First year or so you get basically no sleep at night because the baby is always waking up abd cranky. Once it gets older and starts to get regularly sick due to going to kindergarten and school you begin to worry every time it gets a really high fever or does that something really stupid that it mught fucking die. All this time you have no fucking clue what's the right way to raise it right. Do you pamper it too much so it becomes too codependent, shy or spoiled, or do you do tough love and make it emotionally stunted, scared, emotionally imbalanced, all by accident? You're constantly worrying that it's fed and clothed properly and you sacrifice your own hobbies, friends, amusement and time for its benefit.

And that doesn't even take account your spouse and how you also have to be attentive to them and keep the romance alive, or you'll find out that twenty years later, if you haven't divorced before that, that you barely have any mutual interests or affection to one another. You might actually resent each other and only stuck around for the kid, who despite your efforts knew you hated each other and gets twisted ideas about family life and love that affect its own future. And then when you get old, you get shipped to an old folks home because nobody has the money to take care of your medical needs and it's easier to just send you away and out of sight.

Life is a fucking nightmare and you become an adult once you realize you were fed lies your entire life and there is no one right answer to happiness and feeling content. Instead it's a non-stop road of big and small errors that you hopefully learn from.

you know what? shut the fuck up you fucking boomer.
it's cause of your bullshit it's like this. No one expected adult life to be easy. But we were raised (cause of you) to expect certain things in that adult life. A family. A house. A job that could support these things
Instead what we got was a fucked up existence where thanks to you assholes, all the decent jobs got shipped over seas because "muh cheap goods and muh cheap labor means I can buy more shit for cheap!!!" all the houses are worth 20x what they're actually worth because you fuckers fucked up the housing markets because you wanted the houses you bought for $20k to be worth $500k because "muh investments." All the college degrees are worthless because you insisted "muh kids gotta get that college degree and look good so i can brag about them." All the apartments are 3-9x as expensive as they should be because you had to flood the country with immigrants for "muh cheap labor" which has kept wages stagnant for 40+ years. After the big financial crisis where a bunch of you fucks lost your jobs because you so mismanaged the economy, you drove up the job market so that now entry level jobs require 5+ years of experience in the field...with no way to actually get that experience. You've made the national debt of every country so hilariously bad that even under the best conditions it would take 6 generations to pay it off assuming we stopped spending any money at all. Not to mention rather than retiring, you're such greedy fucks you keep working jobs long after you should have retired, which has so far meant nearly two generations have been completely fucked over for any sort of careers, and the next generation is fucked because there's not going to be anything left for them to take over. Not to mention with your rampant addition to divorce, you've completely shattered any sense of family and emotionally destroyed 3 generations. And that's just the short list of your fuck ups.
Day of the Nursing Soon

>raped through deception the only dwarf character in Spider-Man’s canon.

I am deeply ashamed to say that I fucking love this sentence.

>Not even at his most sadistic outing as a villain was Doctor Octopus this much of a monstrous douchebag

Debatable.

Attached: Kiss.jpg (800x741, 217K)

>Because his shitty franchises are chasing another crowd he thinks the human race has no value.
>He needs escapist fantasies to keep him sane.

People like you deserve the "hell" you are living in

I don't watch cartoons generally but I think you're wrong. Apparently Steven Universe is about genocide now - there wasn't any of that in cartoons when I was a kid lol

You sound unwell, I know people say "get help" a lot and it's not very useful as advice but you really need to at least chill out a bit

What the fuck is this?

Matt Fraction, that's what. 'Invincible Iron Man' #503, If memory serves.

Made me drop the book.

American public schools are staffed by lowlives who want to have power over others, but they are too stupid to have power over anyone other than children. They don't care if their "teaching" methods are beneficial or not. And there are at least a few teachers in seemingly every school who are constantly on the lookout for kids that they can psychologically harm.

Needless to say, these faggots blame "millenials" and "zoomers" for school shootings instead of themselves.

Guys, that stuff isn't even that violent. I grew up watching 90s Power rangers every day and got to see them brutally cut down a monster every single week. And sometimes the monsters actually had personalities, albeit not particularly deep ones, like they actually spoke and had emotions (usually joy from causing mayhem, or fear that they're about to get killed, sometimes anger too) so they're not entirely just faceless soldiers, you could theoretically write a story about one of the monsters of the week from their point of view and it could carry itself, so they are actual characters. How is this any different than the Power Rangers cutting down a monster every week? Compared to comics, Power rangers has a fuckhuge body count and they're still heroes. Is the hero killing a bad guy really that big a deal? Never bothered me at all.

Attached: 325345634.jpg (1200x800, 126K)

At five years of age I played Morta Kombat and my mother never cared about the content. Didn’t mean I have any homacidal thoughts or want to rip anyone’s spine out.

Yes! This, exactly! I don't know what it is, but sometime around 2008 or 2009, at least where I'm from, everybody turned into quivering pussies whenever they see blood practically overnight and I stayed the same. I've been puzzling over it for years now, still haven't figured out what happened and why I wasn't effected.

The nazis would have viewed video games as the ultimate degeneracy, you retarded cuck.

>The nazis would have viewed video games as the ultimate degeneracy, you retarded cuck.
you got anything to back that up?

National Socialism

a name is not an argument. you have made a claim. now back that claim up with evidence. otherwise, fuck off faggot.

>he thinks it actually works that way
lmao you imbecile

No. but i tried.

Because humanity was a bunch of sociopaths before the 1960s.

Don't be a fool. Do you think the 60's made the sociopaths disappear.
They are working at full speed user.

Attached: Tape and uh well ya know.jpg (1536x2048, 542K)