It's a "What if Superman turned bad?" story

>it's a "What if Superman turned bad?" story
>he inexplicably turns into a murderous power-hungry asshole after he suffers a tragedy or kills someone or whatever
Besides pic related, what are some stories that avert this? I guess Justice Lord Superman also counts at first before becoming an unrepentant mass murderer sadist in the Beyond sequel comics. Things like Red Son doesn't count because his upbringing is totally different.

Attached: Brave_New_Metropolis.png (333x250, 119K)

>in the Beyond sequel comics
Those comics are pure shit

I dropped them pretty early on but got glimpses of some funny shit like Vixen getting shanked through the back by Hawkman's evil spirit which got loose after Hawkman got crucified by aliens or something, leading to Green Lantern taking out an actual gun and shooting him in the head.

Wtf please post that page(s)

here's the green lantern one

Attached: greenlanternhawkgirl16.jpg (913x702, 211K)

my question is why do we not get more stories, where batman starts killing and we see the consequences not just on bats but the world.

I would genuinely love to see a story where the Kents and Lois are all killed but he continues to be strong and do the right thing anyway, because he was raised and has the emotional maturity to do so.

it would need to weigh on him in ways;
like seeing a family reminds him of what he lost, but also reinforcing WHY he needs to protect.

Wasn't one of the Superman from Infinite Crisis an older dude who lost his universe and Lois and still fought the Anti-Monitor? I just realized I haven't actually read that event.

In canon, Manchester Black once fooled everyone into thinking he tortured Lois to death and Superman still refused to kill him

It was Earth-2 Superman and his Lois was dying, he thought that Alex Luthor Jr. and Superboy's plan could save her and make a better world because he was demoralized from seeing how badly heroes were handling things in the only Earth that was left.

I want a story where Supes is as good and perfect and righteous as always except he completely fails in the worst way and has to try to keep going somehow afterward. Like, set in a grim future where the whole world is as grim and corrupt as Gotham is supposed to be and everyone is just an asshole, and Supes is still going around trying to inspire people to be better and they just aren't because people suck.

Or, Supes trying to keep humanity alive after an apocalyptic event he couldn't possibly prevent (don't have him be the cause, that's dumb) like he's protecting one of the last living colonies of humans left alive during a millennia-long nuclear winter that was triggered by a nuclear war, and everyone knows full well the human race is a generation or two from extinction due to population bottleneck if nothing else, and meanwhile he's just trying to help people even though it's ultimately pointless.

Fuck, I just want "normal" superman in a grim setting instead of grim superman being the cause of a grim setting.

The Beyond sequel comics weren’t written by the show runners

The Beyond sequel comics were written by pathetic and salty DickBabs shippers who wanted to retroactively make Greyson less of a cuck than he canonically was in the DCAU and who were salty about Bruce/Barbara

Check out Superman Beyond

It tackles with Clark’s slow aging and dealing with the grim reality that only like two surviving people from the past survive, Olson and Bruce are alike, everyone else died off one way or another —-and yet Superman remains.

It’s very bittersweet

>when you realize he was always bad

Attached: noam-chomsky.jpg (465x309, 36K)

Kingdom Come, kind of

Get fucked Chomsky you little retard. Go and fap to Pol Pot some more.

Bats killing isn't that interesting, then you basically just get a more active Lex Luthor.
The appeal of making a superman evil story is that you see the oppressed mankind fight back against a literal god.

fucking jews

Because Superman's power makes him scary. Batman would be easy to stop.

>what are some stories that avert this?

Attached: JL GODS.jpg (1270x567, 76K)

>straight up nazi SS superman symbol
what hack thought this one up

OP, the reason Superman turned bad in that story was because he allowed Lex to manipulate him when he was still mourning Lois' death. Not directly because Lois died.

You think the bullet kills people, don't you?

>red son
>evil

Has Marvel had a similar story?
Like Thor ruling over Earth or something

Yeah, because he's easy to stop NOW

>nazis start sacrificing jews to the norse gods
>they like it as it makes them stronger
>thor goes to midgard and wipes out Cap, Namor, the human torch and the allies
>Years later in a nazi ruled world, a young victor von doom who has escaped the racial purges starts tinkering with sorcery

The Reigning did it with Thor. Future Imperfect did it with Hulk. Old Man Logan with the Hulk again, kinda.

It doesn't happen as much in Marvel because for a very long time they had different time travel rules where everything just happened in alternative timelines and there was less impetus for doing alternative times lines with specific characters as the focus.

>Has Marvel had a similar story?

Attached: Exiles_Vol_1_23.jpg (975x1500, 209K)

There's a The Life Eaters sequel with Doom?

THis Superman saw the error of his ways though. I’m only angry because it’s always Lois

DC themselves, since that look is based on the "Superman: The Darkside" one.

Attached: RCO001_w_1483611524.jpg (2006x1638, 785K)

Originally, they were going to have Darkseid kill Ma and Pa Kent instead of Dan Turpin in STAS and Clark has to keep going on, but WB killed that idea.

We literally just got 7 evil Batmen 1 year ago

the only acceptable evil superman is ultraman and thats it

Attached: 2e5b095f743fc8dc7f222ed3a1549facb5d80455_hq.jpg (680x1024, 186K)

Superman: Red Son has him SORT OF be the villain, but what it really is that by being raised in a collective farm in the USSR instead of Kansas he gains a different set of standards about what is right and wrong.

goddamn i miss old exiles

You guys need to accept that Superman doesn't have the mental and emotional fortitude to handle tragedy. He's a little pussy. That's just who he is.

Superman isn't... say, Batman, for example.

except canon supes has lost a lot and have stayed a good guy, pre flashpoint supes lost his father and his adopted son, new 52 supes lost both his parents when he was still a teenager.
Only non canon stories like Injustice portray him as weak willed and prone to switch methods after a tragedy.

I read that Snyder is gonna push Shayeera with John since Shayeera is somehow not part of the reincarnation cycle now or someshit. That true? I hope not

Losing ones parents is nothing in DC. The Justice League is essentially an orphan supports group.
Superman also didn't lose his adopted son pre-Flashpoint. Chris Kent was simple brutally raped and magically aged into adulthood in the Phantom Zone, but he came back mostly fine.

Also, don't forget that him losing the Kents isn't new. It happened in both E1 and E2 continuities pre-crisis before he actually becomes Superman (although he was already Superboy in Earth-1), only post-crisis they were alive into his adult years.

Like everything else Superman losing his shit and doing something stupid as consequence of Lois dying came from KINGDOM COME.

That stupid comic is the gift that keep on fucking giving.

E1 couldn't give a crap about the Kents dying, though, since he cared more about his kryptonian parents that he always hanged out with using time-travel.

how about losing the entire population of Kandor, twice both pre and post flashpoint, and my point still stand that all examples of Superman losing it are non canon elseworlds stories that either completely change his character or are meant to portray him as a different person.

Uh Supes wasn't bad there tho, he just had Zod's genes.

Superman hardly know the people of Kandor, and most of the time they're shown to be major dicks.

but KC supes retired after the death of Lois, how that compares with him going full dictator in Injustice?

He still went dictator later on, and him retiring after Lois' death still counts. Superman gave up after a tragedy.

You're moving goalposts. Quitting the job is not the same as going evil and you know it.

Is Mexican Supes, Trump's worst nightmare lol. Wasn't his foster family crossing the border when they picked him up lol

but was Rune Thor evil? I kinda remember him doing stuff for a noble reason but its been a long time since i read that story.
I do recall they made him right out evil when they brought him back for that secret war tie in with the multiple Thors but none of those Thors were tecnically their original versions.

The point is Superman is a little pussy that can't handle tragedy.

not really, all examples that you have are OOC elseworld stories.

Superman lost his shit when he had to kill the pocket universe kryptonians, and walked on like a little bitch when Lane fucked New Krypton a new asshole. Superman's a little bitch, dude.

>inexplicably turns into a murderous power-hungry asshole after he suffers a tragedy or kills someone or whatever
>inexplicably
You've clearly never lost someone you care about, user. It fucking hurts, and when you feel as though you could or SHOULD have been able to do something about it, it multiplies the pain tenfold. Now imagine Superman, a guy who is as mentally and emotionally vulnerable as any of us, yet has the power and the agency to essentially put the world in a bottle. It's not hard to believe that he'd do it. Hell, there's not point in telling the story at all if he doesn't, since it's largely implied that Superman deals with the suffering and death of others on a constant basis.

t. a brainlet who doesn't know what "avert" means.

Didn't you know user? She's the key.

I read an Injustice/Supersons fanfic recently that made me even more mad about this

That's what happened

Lois Lane (and Batman) has been characterized as being Superman's link to humanity for the longest time now.

>Being so assblasted, that you can't tackle based Gnoam, that you have to be intellectually dishonest.

Based /pol/ shitposter.

Okay, lets do the same.

Attached: alt right virgins.png (1440x1194, 1.04M)

it's like that scientist whose wife died, so he started torturing monkeys

That's a fucking good look holy shit

Victor wouldn't have been born to escape the purges, sliding timescale puts Victor born somewhere in the late-70s and early 80s. Nazi Victor would more than likely be carefully hiding his background, he already LARPs as German nobility in canon.

based

Attached: Superman Twitter.jpg (1190x383, 48K)

We did: it’s called DC Metal and it was an entire MULTIVERSE of evil Batmen plus a god who was a Batfag. Shit was messy but fun.

That kind of happened in Kingdom Come. Joker killed Lois, Jimmy and Perry, but Superman still went in and stopped him. Magog is the one who kills Joker as Superman was arriving to the courthouse/jail. He even testified against Magog for killing Joker but Magog got equited cause he killed Joker and people wanted him to do it. Superman retires cause his kind of heroism wasn’t accepted anymore and that led to anti-heroes and young brash heroes going on super villain killing sprees, and then into superhero gang wars. Superman came back when he saw that Magog’s actions led to Kansas being fucking nuked. It’s only later that he starts putting metahumans in a gulag and a war breaks out, but Superman STILL refuses to kill.

He went “full dictator” cause metahumans were fucking cray cray when he got back and no one wanted to stop fighting. Lois’ death has jack shit to do with it. Superman didn’t even give up cause of Lois dying. Superman gave up when Magog was equited from killing the Joker and when more and more metahumans started being edgy killers rather than heroes. He left cause his view of Justice was seen as outdated and so he felt he was no longer needed or accepted. Whether it was a bruised ego or just simply having nothing else in his personal life to keep him being Clark, he decided to let the new generation take charge and they screwed up. Superman comes back from exile BECAUSE of Magog fucking up so badly that Kansas was nuked. You assholes that keep hating on Kingdom Come sure as hell don’t seem to have READ Kingdom Come.

I always think it's funny how conservatives will incessantly complain about how society is being emasculated, constant obsession with women being evil, anger at gays and trans exposure in media, frustration with liberals corrupting men to be children, fear of other ethnic groups out-breeding them, and seeing weakness as getting sexually dominated or supplanted (the whole cuck shit).

It's no wonder all of their talking points and conniptions are sexual, because they are a repressed bunch of incels.

>Muh incels

>be an ugly little gnome
>people are cheering
>WWII is over
>America dropped a big bomb and Japan surrendered
>go into the woods and cry like a pussy
>ignore the millions of Allied soldiers who would have died in an invasion
>dedicate your life to bitching about America
Eat shit, Marx-worshipper.

Red Son also doesn't make sense.

In Red Son he goes from saving people all over the world no matter what and taking kittens out of trees to lobotomizing naysayers at the drop of a hat just because some kids were hungry.

Isn't that Owlman?

iirc there was that one Owlman who thought "nothing matters in life" and tried to destroy all Earths because "it doesn't matter". the movie wasn't all that good and Owlman acting like the major bad guy just made it feel weaker

Attached: f6f63ffd20b8f9a2a2b826677f1bbdbd.png (225x550, 13K)

Who can toe to toe with Sups? Joker?

tell that to earth 51 batman who killed every single villain pretty much on earth and after killing all villains started going after the bernard madoffs and enrons. all while the justice league couldn't stop him and was still at it. when the challengers showed up decades later.

Legacy episodes are very good

>2,529,0432
>,0432

He lobotomized terrorists and Americans, neither count as people.

>Not liking CoTE Owlman
He was pretty based, user

Well, he ended up killing all the other marvel heroes that tried to stop him. I liked the Reigning a lot

The entirety of Emperor Joker established that Superman has better mental fortitude than Batman.

You know Superboy Prime also counts right?

Attached: 362b59f4b5e2d61dc988119738b22156a5048950r1-682-1020v2_hq.jpg (682x1020, 174K)

I T ‘ S P R I M E T I M E

That was a dumb event and you should feel bad for remembering it.