Ethan Van Sciver

Im a newfag to American comics. I dont really understand why this dude is so popular and charismatic among comic fans.
I dont really want to read either modern SJW comics or traditional capeshit ones that are unfriendly to new readers. So I tried to read some of the comicsgate comics but found most of them really boring or poorly drawn or as ideological as SJW comics. I hated Jawbreakers shit souls.

I dont think his new Cyberfrog comic is gonna be some revolutionary one either. And the screenshots of his straight up racist tweets/comments in the past have disappointed me too. He hasnt made an official statement about it yet. Anyway, I just want to know what do his fans ACTUALLY expect from him and why is he so popular? Or is he just a cultic guru of a conservative faction of the comic industry on Twitter and Youtube?

Attached: unnamed.jpg (288x288, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bIMVrX9CaVw
twitter.com/getFANDOM/status/1099768917155663872
themarysue.com/alita-battle-angel-fanbase-mra-trolls/
kiwifarms.net/threads/comicsgate.38138/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/106183087/#q106197064
mormonwiki.com/Ethan_Van_Sciver:_Mormon_Artist
youtube.com/watch?v=J_ANOFxmFBM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He was an average in-house artist who lucked out and managed to be at ground zero when Geoff Johns launched his hugely successful Green Lantern run. That's really all there is to it. He's like John Byrne but with even more unwarranted self-importance.

>this dude is so popular and charismatic among comic fans
He's not.

Do you think he (or anyone else in his surroundings) has realized this? That he's just an average as fuck jobber who'll never do anything of note outside of the big two?
Because i know people love the "reactionary artists don't get jobs!!!!!!" but ever since I started following Brendan McCarthy (a man no company would turn down, as evidenced by all the shit he still puts out whenever he feels like) all I've seen is the man be a reactionary on twitter.

He's actually pretty smart. Making that youtube money now. Hate motivates people.

I actually liked Cyberfrog back in the day and I'm excited to see the character return.

Attached: .jpg (261x400, 44K)

Yeah, dude is a decent artist who's moved onto being a successful outrage-farmer youtuber. I'll probably read cyberfrog when it drops, but beyond that I couldn't care less about the dude outside of respecting his hustle.

Doesn't this buffoon hang out with the WCB Star Wars fags all the time?

>so popular and charismatic among comic fans

Attached: ???.jpg (720x720, 193K)

>dude is so popular and charismatic among comic fans

hahaha oh goodness gracious he's neither

is this the gator containment thread?

>"reactionary artists don't get jobs!!!!!!

Neil Adams bodying him about this was so fucking funny.

Attached: neal adams.png (598x293, 39K)

Even if HE is political even in the slightest it doesnt come across in his work, and thats what I care about, the actual work. Too many comics have an air of modern politics and the artist themselves hanging over the work and it fucking stinks to high hell, of course there are comics that arent like that but its sad that its even a thing still. Just tell a goddamn story instead of some current politics bullshit told really badly. Its stupid that lesbian writers only ever write stories about lesbians, mexicans have to bend over backwards to make analogies talking about immigration and a black person can only write about racism and slavery, is there really nothing else going through their minds as creators?

>Too many comics have an air of modern politics and the artist themselves hanging over the work and it fucking stinks to high hell

Attached: velz66zgimrn19vy8m9n.png (1283x988, 1.71M)

is this the thread where we bitch about cancelled comics we didn't read from years ago?

I cannot fathom how anyone can still give a rats ass about SJWs, especially in mainstream comics.

I lived through the early 2000's. Expecting any sort of integrity or quality after that bullshit is beyond retarded.

Attached: Identity-Crisis-001-024.jpg (1761x2777, 2.31M)

This is a stupid and dangerous mindset. Creators should be allowed to write/create whatever they feel like making. You know, it's called having artistic freedom and freedom of speech? The issue is the lack of actual quality control so everything gets bogged down as a whole.

Ethan please, this is really sad

I've actually read America. Using it as an example of politics in comics is downplaying the absolute garbage the book actually is.

It makes Kate Leth's Hellcat look good.

Attached: menstruation.jpg (748x661, 92K)

But I guess, genuinely, unless you forfeit over respect, you're obviously undefendable.

Watch his youtube videos and decide for yourself

The fuck does that even mean

I unirronically bought all her trades only because the art made her look thicc as fuck.

Neal himself, as much as I love the man, is proof you don't even need to have particularly clear or sane beliefs (apparently he flirts with both the right and left wings of the boomer conspiracy spectrum) if you're actually good.

Dude, you can find better art than supporting that bullshit. Have a little self-respect.

Attached: qué.png (265x294, 164K)

? Ethan has respect for others.
A lot of it is just outrage farming like user said, It's him trying to be a cock sucking showman.

They can keep doing the same tired stories and keep wondering why they get cancelled and low sales too user. Im all for seeing a story about slavery that I havent seen before or make it creative, but it never happens, they have the freedom to tell the same story over and over but that doesnt mean its interesting because they tell it. Quality control is out the window now because
>hire lesbian black woman to write a comic
>turns out shit
>stop making it
>"its because Im a black lesbian"
>gets another shot even though its shit
As far as quality control you cant say whats "good" anymore, you can be called sexist and lose your job for telling a woman that she writes like shit, and if you put a man in the hotseat you are a mysoginist patriarchy supporter. Modern politics rotted this medium.

>gets another shot even though its shit

gabby rivera has like disappeared

What do the first letters of each word spell out hotheads?

Dr. Pavel

I suppose, the fact that that even happened is still something honestly shocking, its quite telling of where the industries head is at.

They get one or two shots at most, then they get kicked to the curb. What happened to the people that wrote Angela, Kate Bishop Hawkeye, America Chavez, etc., for example.

Most of them have disappeared. They were nothing but a flash in the pan.

you don't get to bring friends.

>the fact that that even happened is still something honestly shocking

Again, if you lived through the 00's, this wouldn't be surprising at all.

The mainstream publishers chase fads. It's what they do. Short term sales define the industry.

Attached: 984889.jpg (600x912, 77K)

I guess that's Stan's legacy.

But they got such good reviews!

>Trusting reviewers

You are a fucking retard.

Attached: 1242232266753.jpg (388x275, 14K)

Bane?

He was always just a shitty DC house style guy who has to appeal to the most retarded demographic possible because he's not actually good enough to find good work.

McCarthy is actually not getting his Big 2 pitches approved, he's actually crazy and really problematic
I wish he'd just work with Milligan again

>Cyberfrog crowd funded almost a million dollars.
>Not Popular

Butthurt much?

He's a youtuber and he hates "da essjaydubs", and that's enough to get him a following.

When did he last put out a real comic? I think most real fans consider him washed up, all his current fans are casuals.

Neal is flat out nutty, and not only does he get work, DC lets him WRITE insane shit. Because when you're GOOD it doesn't matter what the fuck you believe. Your talent writes you a check.

Backer numbers are less than most issues of Moon Girl. I guess Moon Girl is real popular, by your standards.

EVS is a fat money grubbing slob who knows how to manipulate angry white nerds into giving him money for no good reason at all. I remember at the height of the comicgate drama he was doing livestreams every fucking day at all hours about the most inane shit to rack up that super chat munnies. and these idiots just threw their cash at him.

>The mainstream publishers chase fads. It's what they do. Short term sales define the industry.
>Implying this is unique to any medium or corporate entity

It’s charming and comfy and I say that as a conservative.

> I don't understand why this dude is so important, which is why I posted his twitter avatar as the OP

go write your fawning blog about him somewhere else.

I like the Killer Folk, so I might check out the book again in the future. Still, it's not a title that sells on the shelf, so it's 8-9K a month wasn't all that great. It makes up for it in trades, I'm sure. Cyberfrog though, just old like 8K and then sold to basically the same people for two more campaigns.

If OP is sincere he should delete all cookies to reset youtube suggestions.

>Briefag still mad at EVS for dabbing on Captain Fungus.
The least you could do is roast his smug chuckle for being like Sargon's.

>Neil Adams bodying him about this was so fucking funny.
Neal Adams didn't even mention EVS and his timeline is filled with some cringy stuff.

>early 2000's
youtube.com/watch?v=bIMVrX9CaVw

>SEETHING
Why don't you make a livestream talking shit about him?
There is a lack of youtube enemies because they all stick to twitter.

Attached: Neal Adams.png (844x1730, 550K)

>Why don't you make a livestream talking shit about him?
Seems like sorta a faggot tactic. I think the biggest thing people here know about EVS is that he spends all his time streaming instead of working on his book, and he's like a year late on that.

What's the origin of this panel?
I often see it posted during the out of context threads and I'm pretty sure it must be some "thinly" veiled Xtian propaganda

Attached: get high deny xst.jpg (450x480, 150K)

He's the Anita of right wing comic book fans.

No I don't like Marvel, haven't read them since CW2. Comicsgate is a fucking joke with a bunch of fat old boomers hailing the fucking 90s at the golden standard comics should live up to these days. That and ego clash galore. And for all their no politics stance they love jerking off to God Empreror Trump. It's all very cringy and very high school clique-y.

I don't know, but that guy in the comic is young, thin and has hair, which is nothing like the EVS that used to draw Green Lantern.

That's not cringy enough by Cringe Twitter standards.

he's less talented than his brother, but honestly they're both the loser Van Sciver siblings, the others ones must be a million times smarter because they're not in comics

>Briefag still mad at EVS for dabbing on Captain Fungus.

Attached: NWQl2dC.gif (400x231, 1.96M)

So how is he coping?

Attached: 1552333347277.png (1463x2128, 3.28M)

add up the views
1 million views = 3 - 5K usd

Do these outragefags not realize they're being scammed?

It's not fair, SJW's hacked the box office numbers, angry youtube man told me it flopped!

Attached: 1552044785913.jpg (1469x2885, 1.57M)

By not drawing his book, same as he's coped for the past year.

>Comicsgate is a fucking joke
Noooooo

Attached: B8E67215-0516-43BA-B879-908FA5A8E5BD.jpg (807x1305, 528K)

>My Youtube Channel Needs Help...

Attached: 1521336106420.gif (640x266, 3.26M)

>100% SJW free
>Comicsgaters doxx their own members for not being Comicsgate enough, more than SJW's ever doxxed anyone in the movement

The people who crowd funded it aren't comics fans, they're doing it to own the libtardz. Its like basing America's popularity off retard SJWs who took pictures with the first issue on twitter.

>meanwhile, in EVSland...

Attached: 1543323878933.jpg (619x418, 39K)

Judging by how many views the MCU videos get compared to everything else, I have to assume a lot of these are the algorithm being kind and people leaving autoplay on. Youtube is fucking awful.

>Stop shoehorning politics into stuff!

Attached: 1554704421124.jpg (212x189, 22K)

>Even if HE is political even in the slightest it doesnt come across in his work
That's a funny joke.

The stalker is back

RedLetterMedia made fun of them for complaining about Brie, so EVS got really butthurt about it and confused them with ScreenJunkies.
Geeks + Gamers took the criticism and moved on happy that they used him in a soundbite

Modern clickbait is just putting Trump in the thumbnail.

>CAPTAIN MARVEL FLOPS!
>CAPTAIN MARVEL BOMBS!
>CAPTAIN MARVEL IS A DISGRACE!
>CAPTAIN MARVEL MUST BE DEFEATED!
>ALITA TRIUMPHANT!
>HPOCRYTES!
By the way, how would he and the rest of his friends reacted if MARVEL had decided to use Monica Rambeaus as Captain Marvel on the comics and the movies? Or Genis-Vell and her wife Moondragon, the daughter of DRax?

Attached: Alita MARVELED!!!.jpg (957x738, 258K)

Why were these too movies at odds again? I personally liked Alita more but they were nothing alike, and both were inoffensive.

>Why were these too movies at odds again?
Disney shills kept preaching CM as good for girls, youtubers started counter shilling Alita because all the people involved in making it where super nice to everyone.

*Phyla-Vell

>RedLetterMedia made fun of them for complaining about Brie, so EVS got really butthurt about it and confused them with ScreenJunkies
God that was funny
>"Its feminazi propaganda! Now I haven't seen the movie..."

Because the weirdos said Alita was feminist without being preachy. It certainly had nothing no do with the fact Alita is a big-eyed anime girl, no siree.

>Why were these too movies at odds again?
The guy who played Shazam told everyone to stop spreading bullshit lies about Captain Marvel, because that's idiotic, so the incels latched onto Alita instead.

They actually ended up making Alita do WORSE after they started championing it.

Attached: Alita poster.jpg (810x1200, 247K)

I know I will regret, but what's comics gate?

>1st trailer had the eyes so big it freaked normies out
>Manga adaptation
>Sci - Fi
It was never gonna do big numbers.

Yea Forumsmblr's boogeyman

Alt-right activits Mike Pobosievic or whatever asked his followers to not watch the SJW/Feminazi infused Captain Marvel movieand watch Alita: Battle Angel instead, even though he later claimed claimed Alita was so boring that he felt asleep while watching it. And the fact that both the director and the protagonist are Mexicans who are liberal and outspoken critics of Trump, so in the end he played himself.
Thank you.

Attached: Alita MARVELED April2019.jpg (957x738, 258K)

Youtube scammers.

>This corporate product sucks so support this other corporate product made by the same clique!

The stupidity of some people.

I think you have the timeline crossed. Alita shilling came first. Levi telling everyone to calm their tits was a month after that.

I love how the resolution on the numbers keeps getting better but the faces keep getting worse

It's also bad because they were reeling so hard from Levi calling them out, they ran for the first film that had some connection at all (in this case, due to female lead) and that was Alita. But Alita was already out for a while and a known box office failure by the time they pivoted to it, so they were not only screaming about how Captain Marvel would fail, but saying they somehow had enough influence to turn things around for Alita.

But youtubers will say anything to get clicks, so saying a billion dollar movie is going to fail gets them a few bucks.

That's a lie. Seeing it in real time was hilarious, because they all were pushing for Shazam "THE REAL CAPTAIN MARVEL!", and then Levi fucking wrecked their whole world with a minute long video, that he probably filmed on the can.

Attached: Even if God forgives it Alita never will.png (482x207, 88K)

I gotta look up this Levi shit, I've been out of the loop. I was going to say how annoying it must be to get a bunch of bigots trying to champion your movie just for an ideological victory.

Levi was mainly talking about all the fake CM twitter reviews, people where shitposting things like
"I cant believe Carol bombs a children's hospital in Yemen, man that was fucked up"
and other things like that.
Take those shitposts with a grain a salt because twitterfags are known to make sockpuppet accounts so they can bitch about it.

twitter.com/getFANDOM/status/1099768917155663872

>"I cant believe Carol bombs a children's hospital in Yemen, man that was fucked up"
What did Raimi mean by this?

>Alt-right activits Mike Pobosievic
user, are you using The Mary Sue as a source?
themarysue.com/alita-battle-angel-fanbase-mra-trolls/

Attached: i hate you.jpg (600x606, 33K)

he draws well, is enthusiastic, and isn't part of the crazy retard shit going on in comics

>he draws well
Nice trips, Ethan. When are you gonna finish your book you fat, bald fag?

He's a cool old boomer

Too me a second to remember who you were talking about, since the thread moved onto complaining about pathetic youtubers in general. All of EVS's fans are retards, and casualgators stink up the board. If they read comics, they'd know EVS was always a middle of the road house style artist who got lucky as fuck. It's laughable that he thought he was a big deal, and now he's tossed himself out of the industry.

I don't care to defend him, like who cares. but you act and sound like faggots

>Jawbreakers shit souls
Childless Weirdo detected.

>isn't part of the crazy retard shit going on in comics
>DA ESJAYS RUINED COMICS WITH POLITICS!
We got us a casualgator! Tell us how many copies of Cyberfrog you bought! Did you buy from each of his dozen kickstarters?

this kind of spastic reaction is why he's successful

So is this spastic reaction why Captain Marvel was successful?

A reminder that the guy who made this comic is EVS's right-hand man. If he ever found out EVS loves cock, he'll probably kill him in the name of God or something.

Attached: electric tigers yugioh.jpg (550x977, 204K)

It's weird. This thread has been around a while, but casualgators only show up in the middle of the night. Like clockwork. Why is that? Do none of them keep normal hours?

You cant reason with the stalker, the guy has been autistically raging about EVS for months.

do you not keep normal hours?

i'm not even invested in EVS or comicsgate either. but having a neutral opinion draws out truly insane reactions from people. no wonder comics suck

No, I don't. But look at the whole thread, people forgot it was even about EVS until some of his fanboys (or the man himself) showed up. Is EVS known for having a really fragile ego, or lurking around Yea Forums(nel)?

you sound obsessed

>Is EVS known for having a really fragile ego, or lurking around Yea Forums(nel)?
Yes to both. I think most people assumed he wrote this himself so he could get some sympathy points on twitter.

Attached: EVS 4chan.jpg (592x330, 49K)

unemployed losers and incel frogmen.

Definite fake.

He actually does have a rep for his ego. Some user shared this story before, I think everyone knows a guy like this.

Attached: EVScenterofattention.jpg (628x866, 146K)

Richard Meyer and EVS got a rouges gallery of stalkers from shitting on comic books.
One of the more nutty ones stalks his twitter and then posts screencaps on Yea Forums, he has been called out numerous times by multiple anons.
Think of him as EVS's personal Ladderbro

>Pace
This faggot has been whining that Meyer was scamming people and his books would never come out, it was all projection because he had a successful kickstarter years back and never delivered.
Let that sink in
The Retard crying about squirrel girl delivered 2 books worldwide, while Pace dodged fans asking where his book is at.

>Richard Meyer
Who?

You almost made it. Your error came in the second paragraph when you mentioned the purported "racist tweets." Nice try shill faggot you're caught red handed.

Let no one forget that Ethan used to proposition men for gay sex at cons all throughout the late 1990s and early 2000s and has been outed as being a sub who can't get off without a dick or dildo in his ass. This actually happened. #Mormonlife.

Let no one forget that literally no one in Goobergate likes Richard C. Meyer, and his many ex wives (to whom all of your "Iron Sights" and "Power of 1,000 Slaves" money went to) despise him too.

Let no one forget that Combat Toad is on schedule to be 15 months late because fatty can't keep himself from listening to the sound of his own voice for more than 5 seconds in a day.

Attached: image.jpg (540x549, 76K)

>Think of him as EVS's personal Ladderbro
That's like ladderbro having a ladderbro. I know to his youtube followers, EVS is a big deal, but to everyone else he's a lolcow that just keeps giving.

Everytime he comes up, it's the same "if you talk about him, you're obsessed!". I saw threads where every single user who made fun of him was all "Late Night", which I suppose was some former casualgator from twitter. But they stopped calling people him once they were called out on it.

Attached: late night spergsperg.jpg (911x917, 236K)

>Let no one forget that literally no one in Goobergate likes Richard C. Meyer, and his many ex wives (to whom all of your "Iron Sights" and "Power of 1,000 Slaves" money went to) despise him too.
I can't believe the end of Jawbreakers was his stand in tearfully looking at a picture of one of his bastard kids, and crying that he'd finally be able to pay child support.

hard to argue with half-million dollar run on a single issue

he's a failure of a conman who actively shills here.

Imagine if Ladderbro had a youtube channel where he made 40+ videos about Dr. Doom.

He has to print and ship that, pay the colorist, etc. All and all, he had like 8K backers, which is pretty pathetic for a guy who is cashed in his entire rep and needed to run a youtube channel fulltime to get noticed. A youtuber in his own movement, with no writing skill at all, sold more books.

You're responding to a shill btw that's not a real poster.

Ethan is making a good chunk of change from this. I find it funny though that someone who has worked in the comics industry for 26 years as an "elite" artist filed for bankruptcy and was never able to purchase a home in his life until he got the Cyberfrog money. You'd think someone who spends hours a day railing on the mentally retarded would have some self awareness that he's mentally retarded too.

Attached: image.jpg (500x605, 90K)

Youtube channel used to be called "DiversityandCmx" now its "Comics MATTER w/Ya Boi Zack"
1 guy reviewing comics in his closet on a cellphone.
He started shitting on comics and blamed new woke diversity hires for creative decisions like turning iceman gay and making female characters look male.
comic pros at Marvel got mad and called him a nazi even though he has a diverse family, so he got mad and would shit talk them back.
Mark Waid sunk his publishing deal so now he is suing him.
Pros sperged so hard it attracted Comedy Central and they put him on the jim jeffries show.
There is a lot more to it but you are better off reading the Comicsgate thread on kiwifarms.
kiwifarms.net/threads/comicsgate.38138/

Must i pull up desuarchive?
you try this every thread and every thread some user calls you out.
desuarchive.org/co/thread/106183087/#q106197064
Eat the book pussy.

Attached: give up.png (1309x478, 314K)

>as an "elite" artist filed for bankruptcy
Wait, seriously?

>Must i pull up desuarchive?
I don't get it. Is that a post you made? Or is that someone you think I am?

>1 guy reviewing comics in his closet on a cellphone.
Oh, he's that faggot who made the shitty Riri fancomic and used to shill here all the time! I assumed he killed himself by now. Especially after they put Riri in a cartoon.

Are you aware of how weird and stupid you sound?

>the shitty Riri fancomic
Didn't he start to pretend he didn't write that after a while? Or try to play it off like "it's bad on purpose!" or something?

Eitherway, anyone got it? I could use some cringe before heading out.

>kiwifaggot
Why don't you go back there, you obsessed casual?

This is all I know about EVS. Anyone know where he'll be sucking dick next?

Attached: EVS TJ pizza.jpg (668x955, 159K)

He recently chilled out and stopped attacking pros, now his channel is mostly drama free and he has given some of the Riri issues positive reviews, while EVS has taken his place as the drama magnet Meyer has decided he is happier staying off twitter and ignoring drama bait.

I think I can at least respect that Meyer rode the drama train to a profit, and then got off at the next stop. EVS, who worked in the industry for years, got on later, sold less comics, and still thinks he deserves more. So Meyer got what he could out of casualgate, while EVS will ride it until he completely dries out.

A deadbeat dad who might legitimately be retarded ended up the winner... life is amazing! Way to go, Meyer!

(you) should lurk moar.

EVS said he was only getting paid 20K for every DC Green Lantern book (not counting royalties) since his youtube took off he has claimed he has made more money in 1 year than he has in 3 at DC.

Shit man, you seem pretty obsessed with EVS. You gonna tell us his shoe size next?

>20K for every DC Green Lantern book
I refuse to believe he had a 1k page rate.

What's a normal page rate at the time? And how long was his run, he might have gotten it upped as time went on?

And, let's be real, anything EVS says could just be a lie. He said his book was coming out in November, and he kept saying that until November was almost over. Anyone who isn't one of his most loyal followers would take anything he says with a grain of salt.

Couple of hundred. I've never seen or heard of anyone with a page rate in the four figure mark.

Even with him drawing the covers and secretly adjusting for inflation? This guy takes 8K sales and plays it like it's the biggest comic ever, so I don't doubt he'd twist the numbers in anyway he could.

I doubt he wears shoes.

He claimed he had a deal with DC to do a number of issues but canceled with a few left on his contract because DC because told him to delete his social media or leave.

>fired because he wanted to shitpost on facebook
I get why some people like that, but wow, what a stupid reason to lose a job.

It is a small industry and im guessing he got that rate for seniority.
also this
mormonwiki.com/Ethan_Van_Sciver:_Mormon_Artist

He is laughing all the way to the bank... for now
Once you got the following money just flows in.
There are legit millionaire e-celebs who go crazy because they don't have to worry about money anymore so doing anything feels empty.
Trying to be a "success" at anything else is hollow because you cant grind from the bottom as your fans will support whatever you do and any money earned is usually smaller than what you get doing your other stuff.
Some dedicate themselves to pushing numbers as high as they can go while others withdraw from social media to focus on "mental health"

Technically EVS has already "made it" as an e-celeb and he might be ok since he has a family to keep himself busy and give him purpose.

Even with. Think of it this way, his GL was selling in the 80k mark right? With a $3 price tag. That gives it about $240,000 gross revenue to shops. From that, subtract expenses, which are generally at about half the retail value. So Diamond's own gross revenue would be about $120,000. I don't know what the fee between DC and Diamond is, so lets assume it's somewhat similar to how it is with creator owned where it's about a thirds of the remaining amount, giving DC a gross revenue of $80,000. From that $80,000, they've gotta pay some maple niggers money to get their funny books printed. Again, we don't know what these exact numbers are, but lets take assume they get a better deal than Zub did with Skullkickers, and assume it's about 15% instead of the 26% of the intial $240,000. So that $80,000 would now be at about $40,000. At this point, his "20K" mark is entirely off because DC haven't taken their own cut, paid a writer, an inker, the colourist, a letterer, a cover artist.

I wouldn't be surprised if he managed to get around low six figures including royalties, cover and pencils, but no fucking way he's making 20 an issue.

Attached: pngbase641aa26cfdb1ea97b3.png (600x514, 33K)

So wait, how much should he be making off his own book, with some $500K to work with? Cuts out the retailers, but I assume a bit more for shipping and printing since it's bigger than a regular issue.

I don't doubt he made a few years worth on his one book, but you're saying there is basically no way he was making even what he claims at DC?

A movement involving people who feel that mainstream comics are doing poorly because of left-wing politics. It's most just a platform for youtubers to get money off of angry consumers.
They largely ignore the actual roots of the bad writing problem, which is an extremely poor editorial (particularly in Marvel's case, after their staff was gutted by Isaac Perlmutter to prevent a bankruptcy, but then never really replaced)

What do these little shits need editors for! Use the spellcheck on their fancy computers! Also, make sure to crush all the toilet paper rolls, that will prevent these free loafers from over using!

Attached: perlmutter.jpg (575x575, 43K)

The shit he pulled, while it's terrible and a major reason Marvel's so shit now, is so over the top it's actually entertaining to read about

He's like Scrooge McDuck, but hateable.

>So wait, how much should he be making off his own book, with some $500K to work with? Cuts out the retailers, but I assume a bit more for shipping and printing since it's bigger than a regular issue.
Gross, a fair amount. But he's not distributing it through normal channels, so his shipping costs would be stupid high. Specially since it's not batch distribution, but individual distribution. That shit is fucking expensive. We're talking straight up dollars per book. Printing costs depend on where he got it printed/will get it printed. The closest we could get a figure from this is if Meyer ever mentioned how much his own printing costs were. He should be making a fair amount from this, but then you realise this is technically what he's made of a year and change long project.

>I don't doubt he made a few years worth on his one book, but you're saying there is basically no way he was making even what he claims at DC?
Fuck no. That nigga is straight up lying if he says he made 20k out of a single GL book. Maybe 20k including royalties over a prolonged period of time, but not 20k on page rates alone.

>why Captain Marvel was successful?
No. Your average normie with a family who pays for these movies doesn't watch 6 hours of livestreams every day alone with a dozen other videos about the same subject.

I know he talked about it in a recent vid but i'm not sure which one and there are too many 2hr livestreams.
Ill keep looking, I remember in the same vid he shit talked another company and said he ragequit because the editor didn't give him direction until the last minute.

Here is a much older vid of him explaining page rates but he dosent talk about what he currently makes.
youtube.com/watch?v=J_ANOFxmFBM
you get more money for
-company exclusivity
-seniority
-pen and ink
-contract for specific books (this is what he mentioned he had for GL)
-how well past works have sold
-Trade royalties give a big cut

>he's not distributing it through normal channels
He is using a company that handles collector stuff and a significant chunk of the money is coming from expensive perks with a 1k price tag, he is not even shipping merch like t-shirts only books, sketches and stickers.

750k combined.