Fat guy with robot tentacles is a "problem"

>fat guy with robot tentacles is a "problem"

Attached: f3c5ddcfa932a5d8fa1e69cfc2d4ddcfa052834c[1].jpg (550x850, 229K)

>robot tentacles smash into your pebble brain at 90 miles per hour and liquify your skull

Sounds like a problem to me.

I always found it odd how Octopus was a complete tank in Spider-Man 2, but it gave us great fight scenes so it is fine.

lol just duck my dude

Attached: 1523883610578.jpg (934x776, 47K)

Also, they're made of the hardest metal in the world.

I think.

>duck
>second tentacle also comes in at 90 miles per hour and liquifies your brain.

Says they're "titanium-steel", which wouldn't surpass adamantium or vibranium.

Hopefully he never pisses off Magneto because he'd be utterly useless in that fight.

Olivia Octavius would be fine.

I thought they used to be adamantium.

I admit I liked her tentacles. They seemed like they were built out of some kind of super-dense polymer, like an ultra-strong plastic. Different approach.

Attached: latest[1].jpg (1920x796, 710K)

I was always under the impression that Otto Octavius himself wasn't the threat, it was the insane traps and doomsday devices he comes up with

That didn't exist till the 70s, and it's unclesr how long that stuck

Maybe not if he uses that non-magnetic alloy they used on the movie version

He can always just throw a nuclear submarine at him.

You're goddamn right he is.

To /aco I go

Duck again, obviously.

That was a separate set of arms that he built and used briefly in the 90's. I remember that he used them once to beat up on the Hulk.

Basically the reason Ock is amazing is even Spider-Man has trouble dodging that much at once. Just like how an octopus lacks proprioception of its limbs, super-reflexes have trouble predicting what a big flexible thing can do as it comes at you
they were adamantium in the Doom's Day novels and that's what matters to me. Someone really needs to adapt those fucks now that the rights are all together in one place.

he had those for a bit in the 90's but it was always vague on how fused they were to his body

The hits he takes regularly make him impressive more than the tentacles to be honest

I still can't determine if her tentacles are grafted to her body like most Doc Ocks or if they're part of the suit. The way these things collapse would require them to collapse -into- her back to fit, so it's hard to tell.

Attached: 1550456878078.png (1280x530, 987K)

>fat guy who typed up this retarded thread IS a problem since he just admitted he doesn’t read comics

Diamonds?

Even if that were the case every adaptation of him has presented him as a problem regardless.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 111K)

That's part of why I think they're a polymer. She's figured out a way to compress them when they're not active thanks to the malleability compared to making them out of some kind of ore.

I don't even understand what you're trying to say. Are you saying he shouldn't be a threat because he's fat, even though he has four super strong metal limbs with reach?

Because he is. Generalizing ock as “fat guy with tentacles” is like classifying Luthor as “bald guy whose smart”

What I'm driving at is when rubber meets road he should be low on the threat scale but never is. In spite of his limited practical ability, he still doesn't go down that easily.

His tentacles are built to prevent Otto from taking hits and dish it out equally. Chalk Otto being able to take as much damage as he does to spider-man holding back and suspension of disbelief.

he regularly goes blow for blow with Spidey any other time

Who's the most impressive hero/villain/anti hero he's taken down that's not Spidey?

I think he took down the Hulk back in the white suit era

Attached: erik larsen ock.jpg (1088x1650, 657K)

>smoking

Truly the most vile.

Duck and cover solves all problems

Attached: giphy.gif (480x270, 1.39M)

Depends on which upgrade.

He had tentacles at one point that controlled electric current, were fast enough to tag Spidey, and were strong enough to endure and hit back Hulk.

I really want this back, he had an iconic design before he relegated himself to be a spider-man.

pretty sure they are a part of her because the School scene in the class video she has the slight bump in her lab coat like she has when looking over Peter, that or she never takes it off which seems very tomato tomato' to the question.

but muh based Spock

How do they even move though?

His arms should basically cushion every hit, so Spidey is never hitting him hard enough to mush his human brain. It falls apart a bit in the movie because there are times Spidey has him on the ground or is holding his shirt and punching him, meaning the hits should be connecting with near full force.

I love that the end of the story brought us right back to COCAAAAAAINE!

Were the other villains addicted to cocaine?

Underrated

>diamonds
>a metal

Attached: facepalm.png (365x243, 92K)

To be fair the arms are pretty bitchin. Super strong, fast, impossibly great reflexes, and nigh indestructible. Almost makes up for being attached to a flabby nerd who is basically his own achilles heel.

Newfag

Spider-Man pulls his punches. If he hit even with "near" full force, he'd pulp a normal person immediately.

He's still giving "knock a sucker out" punches though. I assume he's never sure if he can go stronger on Doc Ock because he only wants to incapacitate him, not kill him.