Is there any stop motion content out there aimed squarely at adults...

Is there any stop motion content out there aimed squarely at adults? I've grown tired of Laika's mediocre storytelling and normie pandering. The reviews for Missing Link don't bode too well. Please suggest all the content that you are in the know about.

Here's this neat Russian stop motion film a kind user pointed out to me for starters: youtu.be/Xhrm196UQSY

It doesn't have to be recent.

Attached: missing-link-MissingLink_FilmStill_rgb-e1554224649361.jpg (780x461, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6d-tNXxTRBA
youtube.com/watch?v=rcAEXKJ3zqc
vimeo.com/29256804
youtube.com/watch?v=2Hz3QB31K_c
youtube.com/watch?v=7pF1MAfhlZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=CTV1To1e5w8
youtube.com/watch?v=dFv-t-jX3-s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Anomalisa

Isle of Dogs?

?

Attached: 1_5bPSckXxXx09JAMGYvCiew.jpg (1024x768, 149K)

Mary and Max

You could probably find a lot of short films. Aardman has some pre-Wallace & Gromit stuff.

Mary & Max

If you want something more trashy there's a recent film named Chuck Steel, Night of the Trampires

It is infuriating how one part of this crew is the modern-day gold standard for all things stop-motion; from design, flow of motion, lighting, facial expression, and sheer scale of every single aspect of the operation, all masterfully crafted and presented-
And then the storytellers take a fat ogre SHIT all over everything that these people have worked on by taking their puppets and dioramas and melding it with some of the worst dialogue, scripts, and "humor" ever to disgrace a silver screen. I want to love these movies, but the craftsmanship can only carry it so far when the rest of the film is so bad.

Attached: bauxtrowels.jpg (1920x1080, 333K)

That's look like a /toy/ heaven!

Attached: 325465778.png (1186x978, 1.19M)

imagine accidentally stepping on one of the puppets

or tripping and falling over and landing on the whole fucking set

Kubo and the Two Strings and Paranorman are among my favorite western animated films of all time.

Coraline was good.

Box Trolls was average.

>what is sausage party

>what is sausage party
a computer animated movie?? learn how to fucking read

>normie pandering

what the fuck does this even mean?

Adding to what everybody else has said, check out The Pied Piper (Krysar)
OP said stop-motion for adults, not CG slave labor for manchildren

>nd then the storytellers take a fat ogre SHIT all over everything that these people have worked on by taking their puppets and dioramas and melding it with some of the worst dialogue, scripts, and "humor" ever to disgrace a silver screen. I want to love these movies, but the craftsmanship can only carry it so far when the rest of the film is so bad.
Why must you pretend you aren't retarded when it's so painfully obvious

based bullypost

Only suitable response to that post.

Attached: 1524832360821.jpg (900x900, 74K)

youtu.be/6d-tNXxTRBA

So...Is Bigfoot a female?

Attached: HO00005976.jpg (600x889, 148K)

Robot Chicken

Boy with girl name

Moral Orel
Mary & Max
Anomalisa
My Life as a Courgette

Too bad it was all about a wormy little nothing of a man I couldn't give less of a crap about if I tried.

Meh.

Isn’t it getting good reviews?

I dunno, I like laika’s stuff. You’re entitled to your opinion, though.

The 2007 movie "One Night In One City."
Then there's any of Jan Svankmajer's stuff.

And there are plenty of stop-motion short films explicity for adults:
"Screenplay" is a widely-overlooked gem: youtube.com/watch?v=rcAEXKJ3zqc

"Violeta," a moody, atmospheric eerie film by a Spanish studio: vimeo.com/29256804

"The Sandman" is a spoopy classic if you haven't seen it: youtube.com/watch?v=2Hz3QB31K_c

"Canfilm," a Bulgarian political commentary: youtube.com/watch?v=7pF1MAfhlZQ

Those are just a few off the top of my head.

It doesn't matter if you like Laika's films or not.
It's got sneaker money. They can operate on a loss and still make movies for years.

OP is probably just mad about the gay guy in Paranorman. Little did he know that he was the faggot all along.

youtube.com/watch?v=CTV1To1e5w8

Imagine the gall Jiri Trnka had to make this in Czechoslovakia under Communist influence.

It's funny that he's bitching about "normie pandering" when Laika movies consistently make no money at the box office

Shit the audio in that one is all out of whack. This one's got it right

youtube.com/watch?v=dFv-t-jX3-s

It was the first R-rated movie nominated for Best Animated Feature at the Oscars

not entirely for adults but
Panique au village

>boxtrollls
I loved that movie

He's right though. Every Laika film is painfully underwritten. None of them are bad but none of them are great either. The script is always holding them back.

A Town Called Panic was pretty cool, but I watched it years ago, so it might not hold up anymore.

Attached: towncalledpanic.jpg (960x448, 34K)

No, it still holds up. I also watched it a long time ago, still remember some few scenes.

At least Missing Link doesn't have any animated films to compete with.

>I want to watch movies for adults!
>waah this movie is too boring and I didn't understand it
Every time. I'd tell you to grow up and educate yourself, but obviously that's not going to happen.

Attached: 2010s western animation renaissance.jpg (960x2377, 1.02M)

Mad Monster Party

It was kinda a failed experiment but Tom Thumb counts.

The actors are also done stop motion.

Attached: image-w1280.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

The Shivering Truth
Moral Orel
Anomalisa
Isle of Dogs too, but it's more of a family movie

Only BoxTrolls was underwritten. The other three hold up generally well, because they have more subtle comedy.

This one’s fun

kubo is shit. coraline and paranorman are great though

No one needs your samefagging.