Why didn't they just continue the series online?

Why didn't they just continue the series online?

Attached: maxresdefault (5).jpg (1280x720, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QGIpMx-bI9U
youtube.com/watch?v=_NC4sU6jCKw
socialblade.com/youtube/channel/UCUAL--p3qAa27luR0IYbjZA
socialblade.com/youtube/channel/UC1D26ByrbZVwuMgjVWmsOuw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because the AS contract fucked them over. They can’t even release their own finished pilot.

Fuck this gay earth

Attached: That's fine.gif (228x170, 1.86M)

AS didn’t fuck them over, they did

Adult Swim wanted some basic input the show, like calling is something other than Hellbenders because they already had a show called You’re Pretty Little Face is a Going to Hell, and they didn’t want two shows with Hell in the name, plus their cartoon had nothing particular to do with hell, and they went full retard and said “no we want full control and no input” and AS was like “oh okay we’ll pass”

No.

They were just idiots.

They were rude and insulting. To the executives no less

>why didn't they just work full time on a something that pays less than minimum wage
no idea

It wasn't that good anyway.

No money in online animation. Can't say I blame them.

How? Im not doubting you i just don't know the story of how they insulted the executives

Attached: wz7nvz5pvwo21.png (1069x788, 478K)

>people with less subscribers have started patreons that pay full time wages to make online animation
>zach even has a patreon that pays him several thousand dollars a month anyway, but that's not enough

they're just greedy and tunnel visioning themselves into the industry

Patreon wasn't even a thing when they stopped doing hellbenders.

It's been a while but the jist of it is that when they were in the AS offices they were mocking the appearance of one of the suits in the meeting room.

They didn't realize that that guy was one of the people he had to convince.

They mentioned it on stream but I don't know which.

BTW, nice picture.

So what was stopping them a year later when patreon came out?

Thanks bro.

Attached: 1553903457008.jpg (391x300, 32K)

reality

You know why.

It really wasn't that great. Kinda glad it didn't get picked up.

It didn't gain traction until much later. By then they already had other things they were doing.

I've never really liked Hellbenders all that much, but I remember my friends at the time thinking it was the funniest thing ever because it was an Oney project and wanted to see more
Wish they'd think of something new already

Looking at what can be found of the pilot, I could understand why AS would pass on it. Zach was good with his voice work, but Chris did the same voice with no emotion for 10 minutes and it got old. It wasn't really funny either, the transition from 4 minutes to 11 minutes really hurt the flow of the story.

They have, it's called OneyPlays

youtube.com/watch?v=QGIpMx-bI9U

Heres a bit of it, episode 3 of the sleepy cast if you want to hear more. Also they talked about it more in one of the final episodes.

I thought the same thing, mostly about the length. It should have just been a youtube series with 4 min episodes.

Also both of them are working on completely separate projects now and probably never want to hear the word "Hellbenders" for a long time.

Or maybe even have them do quick AS bumpers? 30 seconds to a minute would probably have given the two of them more slack and focus. Brevity is the soul of wit.

This, and this.

They had a child's view of hollywood which most "artists" do. Thinking if they keep saying no and sticking to their guns on being creative they'll keep their vision when really the guys at AS are thinking clearly and have a point, name could have been changed since it had nothing to do with the shows set up.

If anything they shoulda followed up with a SECONDARY PITCH of just being bump animators which would work better.

I guarantee you years down the line Chris and Zach will re-listen to what they said here and say "Fucking A we were dunces" and be glad they didn't get into the industry at that time.

I'm more pissed about Sleepycast ending with only two cartoons coming out of it. These guys are talented, but they can't commit to shit.

Yeah, Sleepy cabin essentially became one big training arc for them and then they realized that flying back and forward to LA to just pitch ideas was expensive as fuck

Zach talked about it in his recent podcast episode with the kid from Stranger Things and his VA brother being big fans of it.

They were making good money with Patreon though weren't they?

>Zach is working with actual people in the industry and becoming an actual storyboarder
>Chris is making lets players with 2 gay furries that jerk off to voring people and shitting them out

Attached: 1510144590446.jpg (548x865, 87K)

Guess which one is making more money.

Cory?

Not yet, and probably not ever because it's taking so long for them to make Nightmare Cops.

No, they were poor as fuck because they had to pay for the office space, internet and electricity for the office space and a couple of them lived in the office instead of living at a house/apartment for a while.

They used to have a fan that would send them a care package of snacks and shit because they could barely afford anything that wasn't from WaWa's.

Chris is literally making a video game right now though?

Well, a team of like 10 people is making a game with Chris involved.

Probably shouldn't have gotten the office space...

Or at least wait until things take off before expanding, these guys are not smart.

Bowlbo is his game though as well, its entirely the reason he was working in a 3D modeler
youtube.com/watch?v=_NC4sU6jCKw

The gay furries also left LA and stream their development process on twitch sometimes. Oneyplays isn't going to be much of a thing for much longer.

If it wasn't obvious they were all shit with money as early 20 something year olds. Chris also had to deal with immigration for more than a month at several points and flew back to ireland sometimes.

>Bowlbo is his game though as well
Also alternatively though as well in addition to that's the game I am referring to.

>Chris is making lets players with 2 gay furries that jerk off to voring people and shitting them out

They left. Now it's a combo rotation of Zach, Tomar, Mick, and Lyle all depending on their schedule. Chris girlfriend is apparently going to be on a few upcoming episodes too, which although I find her adorable, kind of sucks as the two of them together are so lovey dovey they shut down the other cast member and it stops being funny.

I really love Oney Plays and I hope he keeps doing it for years to come but I really don't like his current roster unless Lyle or Zach are on because they work well because it allows Chris to be the spaz he works well as and them the straight man. The with Mick and Tomar and the other dude Chris has to lead them as they take a back seat during their interactions. Say what you will about DD and Julian they were the perfect mix for Chris as a stright man, Chris as a retard, and Julian being the hype man with an infectious laugh.

>Chris is literally making a video game right now though?
Indie devs don't have a good track record.

>Chris girlfriend is apparently going to be on a few upcoming episodes too
I'll be glad to skip that.

chris works with studio yotta from time to time. he worked on that australian rick and morty short that Yea Forums jerks off over

he's also making a video game

His girlfriend is actually good at games though. Better than Chris ironically.

Sure, but she's miserable for commentary. She's like the daughter of Julian and Lyle.

Ever visit her Twitter? Why does she apparently spend so much time with JohnnyUtah? They work together or something?

I skipped the DK videos too.

Also Juli and DD also had an idea of pushing boundaries.

If Tomar is there, you are getting nothing. He has to be the normal guy and react to whatever someone else is doing. Lyle gets too excited and Mick....well is Mick.

With Julian you get some kind of push for a conversation, like if Chris would send a bomb threat to his school or not.

>Ever visit her Twitter?
No, why the hell would I? What makes you think that's anything but a "no?"

The "pilot failed with AS" story is bs. It's because they fucking hate eachother, and can't stand to work together. They're both insufferable manbabies, like all newgrounds animators

WHY DID NAILL DELETE THE PODCASTS HE DID ON TWITCH WITH STAMPER, CORY AND ZACH? EVEN VERONICA WAS THERE AND COULD HAVE EASILY HAD CHRIS SHOW UP TOO. I THINK JEFF ALSO SHOWED UP. BUT I CAN'T REMEMBER AND WILL NEVER REMEMBER BECAUSE THAT IRISH FUCK DELETED SIX HOURS OF DECENT AND INSIGHTFUL CONTENT ON HIS TWITCH.

Attached: 1554608717928.jpg (636x651, 39K)

That cleared up at least 4 months ago. They're still insufferable manbabies, though.

You knew who she is and watched Oneyplays. You might have been curious and checked out who this rando was on the show by googling her? I did.

>she's miserable for commentary
Reading. Maybe no more replying.

this
adult swim is pretty fucking lenient with what shows they'll allow, if they didn't get approved it says something about them, not as

It's been years now. Is it possible to pitch the same idea? Like, why don't they come pack and do another pitch for it?

They don't work together anymore.

Oney is working on a game. Zach is working on something animation related with Michael Cusack. I think they are over Hellbenders for the time being and have other projects to focus on

Semi unrelated, but Lyle is my favorite internet faggot
anyone else feel the same? he's quite the witty guy

Fuck off, Lyle, you're obnoxious. Not even remarkable enough to be the bottom of the barrel.

Attached: 1554685491426s.jpg (96x124, 2K)

They had a point though, Hellbenders sounds much better than Zachophobia which sounds fucking lame, or whatever it was they wanted to call it and there is no logical reason for it not to be named Hellbenders since when does Adult Swim care what their cartoons are named they let Aqua Teen Hunger Force literally change the name of the show multiple times as a joke.

don't worry user, niall definitely will edit that footage down into a proper episode release and is totally going to finish the 10 episodes he promised for his """podcast""". he is certainly not such a broke, lazy piece of shit he had to move back in with his parents in ireland

doesn't matter. they're fucking trust fund faggots and make $250k/year. anyone who actually thinks they're poor and gives them money is mentally retarded beyond saving.

Years down the line? Nigga they admitted on the same podcast they told this story that they were wrong to stick to refuse for such a dumb reason. Chris even said he would have gladly changed the name for something dumber like the gooseberry brothers.

Thank God. Fuck this trash

Cool story bro

I like chris but man he really needs to hit the gym, playing so much vidya made him pack on weight.

Attached: oneyng.png (1350x756, 1.2M)

>zach is a storyboarder

Have not heard, any show in particular?

The hat's not helping. That's a man who's a few days into a work binge.

I genuinely enjoy Lyle. I have no idea why he gets so much hate.

Holy shit, is that his actual voice? I'm surprised he even got in the building.

I heard the most recent season of spongebob

>and Julian being the hype man with an infectious laugh
fuck he, he does.
>IM GOING TO PASS OUT FROM LAUGHING

>If it wasn't obvious they were all shit with money as early 20 something year olds
I didn't like but also found funny they tried to dance around how it was essentially their own fault they had no money until Jeff straight up had to say how artists are terrible business people

>insufferable manbabies that still found a way to make a career out of what they want to do
sure

Zack made a video for netflix with Justin Roiland so hes moving up in that world...

I don't see how it couldn't be believable
you one of those fags that kept spamming Yea Forums with anti-Zach threads a few months back?

Zach did one freelance board for spongebob. And I believe it was only for one scene. The guy who pulled the strings for him to get the gig isnt on the sponge anymore and signs point to him moving onto zach and cusack's project.

Attached: Screenshot_20190407-222802_Chrome.jpg (915x1126, 663K)

Oh sweet! Woner what zach/cusack got cooking up, I love cusack especially. Bushworld adventures single handedly was better than all of RM season 3.

Nah she's cool. Literally R63 Chris, definitely not a Suzy.

I clap when he make the funny face.

Something on Netflix that all Adam P could say under the NDA

>netflix and actual money funding

Awesome

Nobody makes money animating off the internet alone. There's a reason they've all jumped ship to Lets Playing

Not true, see here:
socialblade.com/youtube/channel/UCUAL--p3qAa27luR0IYbjZA
socialblade.com/youtube/channel/UC1D26ByrbZVwuMgjVWmsOuw

Oh no wonder this sucked, it was an Oney thing. That explains it.

So? You watch oneyplays for gameplay? Are you retarded? You watch it for funny shot talking. Whenever a let’s player girlfriend is invited it always turns into a fucking awkward date you can hear. I only watched one Lion King episode before I couldn’t stomach, even Tomar was just awkwardly waiting for it to be over.

Plus before I blocked her I kept seeing her posts on twitter and all she posts is either self portraits and complaining about shit. It got old so fast.

Reminder that Mick was in Hunt Down the Freeman.

Attached: sgtmitchell.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

Got any source on ding dong being a furry?

The Freddy Freaker Show when?

When you call 1800-090-FREAK
123FREAKFREAKFREAK
1FREAK2FREAK3FREAK4
Reply to this post or tonight Freddie will knock on your door

Nothing of value was lost, hellbenders was a shockingly lazy attempt to break into television by just doing their tired shtick of talking funny.
Chris and Zach specifically COULD have been doing much better, I don't know if it's a short attention span, laziness, a lack of drive to break out of their comfort zone because of years of being fellated for their old shit or a combination of 2 or more of these, but I genuinely think that if they had a direction they stuck in and someone who's more of an industry veteran guiding them on the right track they could have had a respectable career beyond just teh internet.
I say that, but risking your position as a big fish in a small pond in favor of being a smaller fish in a big pond is kind of scary and dangerous, I understand perfectly why they are the way they are, but I also think it's one hell of a way to stagnate, especially since they can do better.

Attached: call the neighbors.jpg (500x376, 37K)

mick a shit

Zach says they'll continue it online for the right budget, you know they can't do a whole series for free right?

from what it looks like they seem to be doing just fine, they finally have careers doing what they wanna do so it doesn't really seem like a loss
in fact if anything they played it smart after fucking up with Hellbenders

Attached: hey check out how hard i can pee.gif (448x251, 3.07M)