So was he any good? Any memorable lines?

So was he any good? Any memorable lines?

Attached: downloadfile-1.jpg (1920x1080, 299K)

He was just plain unlikable and I can't really remember any lines

Ask the magic ball if you’re Man enough to throw me out of this room.

ALMOST HEAVEN
WEST VIRGINIA

Attached: mark strong.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

>GATHER THE MUTTS

Pretty strong line right there.

The board room scene really made me hate the fucker. I'll say that much

I found him unremarkable, despite how much Yea Forums memed about the boardroom scene.

Unlikable as in non memorable or the entertaining one?

nah

He was entertainingly heelish.

The entertaining one. He's so fucking evil, but it's believable because of his backstory. He's witty too, so it makes him a delight to watch on screen.

Mark Strong owned the role, wonder if he'll be re-occurring.

I really do agree with the people that say that he's gonna be alot of people's favorite capeshit villain. Best villain in the DCEU. Although that's not a hard place to earn, he's probably the best in recent memory for any movie.

Is he tired of playing bad guys yet?

He was great. That boardroom scene was the best.

That goes to Zod in MoS.
He's objectively the best DCEU villain so far and is one of the best re-imaginings of the character from a previous film adaptation.

Fucking this, i was surprised how much i loved his character. Although it never felt like dr sivanna to me i still enjoyed strongs version on his own alot.

I still say Sivana because while Zod was really sympathetic, he wasn't as entertaining on-screen. Sivana just managed to hit different tones of evil for me and you know exactly where he's coming from because you see what made him the way he is.

Attached: sans.jpg (1920x1080, 157K)

Mark Strong did a great job making Sivanna unlikable and menacing
The boardroom scene was amazing and it almost seemed like an entirely different movie until the transition

I really liked Ocean Master. He definitely isn't the best, but I thought he was really Entertaining

Eh, Zod definitely has more gravitas for a lack of a better word.
Strong's Sivana carries himself serious as well but in a more of a Bronze Age sense.

So I was wondering about which Sin was which and I figured out six of them, but I can't quite put my finger on Sloth. Any idea?

I'm guessing Wrath is the gorilla one
Gluttony is the mouthed-belly one
Greed is the multi-armed one
Envy is the runt of the litter
Lust is the tentacled one?
Pride is the winged one?
Sloth is?

lust is the tongue one, so sloth is the tentacle one by process of elimination

>unremarkable
Eh, I thought he was pretty strong

Guess I watched too much hentai, because I, too, thought the tentacled one was Lust.

Couldn't hear, he was too far away.

He was entertaining as fuck, both script-wise and acting-wise. The movie managed to perfectly show his motive but also not finish with people sympathising with him to the point where you just feel sorry for the guy. Motherfucker made his own decision to be an asshole because he was greedy for power. I'd say he was ultimately memorable

I like you.

>Although that's not a hard place to earn
Cmon, dude. With Zod, Doctor Poison, and Ocean Master in the mix, you can't seriously mean that shit

>Mr. Mind whispering diabolical schemes on the shoulder of Sivana
Fuck, I can't wait for the next film.

>Outlook: not so good

>Doctor Poison
And Ludendorff, the film made them a pair.

>Doctor Poison
yikes

He was a fun villain to watch, thanks to Mark Strong's performance. His abusive backstory really tied in well with Billy's character arc.

I had to choose one so I chose her since she came off as the more tragic character. I hope we get to see her again

care to explain what you didn't like about her?

>How quaint!

>tfw they showed the driver in the first scene
>tfw it's Lionel Luthor
>tfw he literally does the same thing to Thad as he did to Lex
CRISIS ON MULTIPLE EARTHS MOTHERFUCKERS!!!! On a serious note though, it was fun to see him act almost the same way he did to Thad and get killed at his work place again

"He didnt fly so good!"

Morrison stop.

I was watching that car scene and thought, hey. that's lionel, neat stunt casting.

And then Thad became Sivana and killed him and all I could think was "If you were less of a cunt dad your kids wouldn't murder you every time, dude". It was a repeat of the Lionel-Lex relationship in brief and I loved it.

even though i wish he was more of a mad scientist, i thought this dude killed it, Sivana was cool.
waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy better than willy wonka lex luthor
this brief moment was 10/10

Ocean master was okay, those other two are bottom of the barrel.

That actor also played Jason Woodrue in Batman and Robin, where he ended up creating both Bane and Poison Ivy.
John Glover can't stop creating DC villains.

The tentacles were roots. Sloth was a tree.

Oh, I know, that scene where he confront Ivy and she tells him he's insane and he says "I never was good at handling rejection. Guess you'll have to die. AYEEIEIEEIEIE!!!" is the pinnacle of cinematography.

he also voiced The Riddler in BTAS

>what a shithole
Geez, Raimi

>"If you were less of a cunt dad your kids wouldn't murder you every time, dude"
kek, I thought literally the same thing. It was truly great. Hate the fact that John Glover is a theater actor because he could have been a great antagonist in a future DCEU movie. If there's a god, they'll cast him as a voice for a CGI villain

Zod was pretty great when it comes to character motivation. Ocean Master was just great due to the layers he was provided throughout the movie
>mommy issues
>daddy issues
>wants to be a king
>is ultimately a mommy boy

as I said, the guy is great at theatralics. truly a fan of the art

>care to explain what you didn't like about her?
It wasn't on the MCU, of course.

>John Glover is CGI'd onto some buff dude's body to play Vandal Savage
>Every time he meets Lex he calls him "son" or "boy"
I would buy ten tickets.

>tfw Michael Rosenbaum is CGI'd onto some buff dude's body to play Lex Luthor
fuck, I'm in as well

He was fine, was not really a fan of making him a straight up magic user though. Best dceu villain is either manta or Orm still

How was she even tragic though? Because her face was scarred? She wanted to cause suffering and death for the hell of it with Ludendorff at her side, which is why Diana sparing her at the end hits a brown note. She's not manipulated or deep, just kind of hammy, which is a fine type of villain but we barely even see her beyond that.

Yes, the great thing about Sivana is that the tragedy of his character is laid out for you but ultimately it's his own decisions that make him irredeemable. He embraces the flaws everyone pointed out in him and chooses not to be worthy, completely the opposite of Billy's character progression.

>that brief moment in the board room where the broken ceiling light sparks and he whimpers in fear at the suddenness of it
He was pretty great for the little time he had.

*maybeheswonderingwhyyouwouldshootamanbeforethrowinghimoutofaplane*

>Allison Mack is Granny Goodness, on account of the cult craziness

Who voiced the sins? I could have sworn one sounded like Sylvester McCoy, despite how unlikely that seems.

"Greed, you can have him" and "I have four; Kill the little girl". The second being him being coy about how Shazam can trasform with just a word.

Think a school shooter all grown up, except instead of shooting he kills people with sins.

>tfw she doesn't even have to act during all the creepy cult bullshit
>tfw Barda, Mr. Miracle, and the Furies are all sex slaves
good lord, the possibilities

Steve Blum, Fred Tatasciore, and Darin de Paul.

Even in the comics, Sivana was unlikable. He ruthlessly guns down cops, held the Wizard at Knifepoint, and threaten to murder Billy in his sleep at one point. I think Mark Strong nailed the ruthless side of Sivana.

Does this mean that Sloth was the one that wanted to tentacle fuck Mary?

I loved his pathetic "champion!" whimper in the final fight

>Does this mean that Sloth was the one that wanted to tentacle fuck Mary?
Most relatable character in the movie

Sivana is more of a mad scientist with gangster ethics. He rubs his business more like a mob crime family.

Plus, School Shooting aren't Sivana's MO. He wants Society to bow down to his greatness. They're something Mr. Mind would do.

That's because Patrick Wilson chews scenery like a fucking woodchipper.

He was just the average Marvel villain. a bit more 2 dimensional since they do look into the idea of what happens when a child is shown a whole new realm of possibility only to have it ripped out of his hands and told that he's not worthy. Having it so that said kid grows up kind of fucked up due to this is a good idea.

They don't fully explore it though and I'm saddened by that.

Whenever I think of a good MCU villain, my thoughts got to this:

Thanos (obivous reasons)

Loki (again obvious reasons)

The Vulture
(he was the only good villain in a competent Spiderman movie

Hela
(sexy demeanor combined with a hammy performance make up for her bit more generic motivation of "I want to conquer the 9 realms)

Ego
(actor's performance once again sold it along with him being a more fucked up father figure who only spread his seed to suck out the life force of them)

I would put Sillvia underneath Zemo from Civil War

I hope The Rock plays Black Atom because they did set Black Atom up as the cause of all the Seven Deadly Sins being unleashed the first time

Attached: shazam___2019__fan_poster_by_camw1n-dcgzlqj.jpg (768x1041, 144K)

Redpill me on camrips, my private tracker doesnt' allow them anymore and I want to watch this again.

You'll get The Rock's Black Adam movie right after Channing Tatum's Gambit.

Is that Sivana?

No, Black Atom is suppose to be the villain. So he would be an antagonist in the Shazam movie sequel. It's explained that Black Atom was the one who broke out the Seven Deadly Sins the first time.

Good mcu villains.

>Thanos
>Loki pre avengers
>vulture
>Ego
>Klaw
>Obadiah (before white businessman became the staple mcu iron man baddie)
>Pierce

Hela is only good for mommy fetishists, Zemo was good but I can’t get over how not muh he was

These. Side note, people who call her "sympathetic" are the same people who would give a pass to Zod if he had a vagina... Uh, does Snyder's Kryptonian males have vaginas?

Ego was shit tho, he literally fucks himself worse than any version of thanos ever did.
Yes, even the doujin one.

Meant more for the psychology of the movie's Sivana, but good point.
Mr. Mind was behind Columbine, as a test run.

>sivana is not an over-the-top evil cientist that is ugly as fuck and maximum chad
I know... some dreams are not meant to be

Sivana would fuck up the Marvel Universe six ways to Sunday and kill Thanos to eliminate the competition for rightful ruler of the Universe.

old school sivana or movie sivana?

I would ABSOLUTELY put Hela over Klaw. Hela had the hammy performance and the sexy demeanor. Klaw wasn't even the main antagonist of his movie and they killed him off before they even could make him one.

“Ask the Magic 8ball if your man enough to throw me out of here.”

Throws brother out of boardroom window

“Outlook Not So Good.”

Mark Strong looks like Sivana. He just needs a simple mad scientist attire to complete the look.

Both.

Maybe he could be a cousin

Attached: Sivana_Family_001-720x746.jpg (720x746, 121K)

The sequel is Mr. Mind and proper science Sivana.
Then Black Adam's movie and him being in Shazam 3. It's a pretty clear outline.

>Steve Blum, Fred Tatasciore
The usual suspects then.

Why can't they have it so that Black Atom is the major antagonist while Sivana + Mr. Mind is the minor antagonist?

Attached: littlebit.jpg (969x388, 43K)

Why do you keep typing Black Atom?

Black Adam is boring as an antagonist. Sivana and Mr. Mind have been recurring antagonists for a very long time. Black Adam is just popular.

I’m still fucking seething about that lackluster death. Especially when if he was just arrested the movie doesn’t have to change a damn thing. My major problem with Hela is her and the Sakaar scenes are really disjointed together it felt like two separate movies. We didn’t really get enough time to really feel her impact so to speak

>Black Adam is boring as an antagonist

You shut the hell up!

Step aside, zoomer.

Attached: Ernst_Stavro_Blofeld_(first_appearance).jpg (620x815, 71K)

I'm mispelling Adam. Sorry

Yeah, however Hela is STILL THE MAIN ANTAGONIST. She still had a major role to play. Klaw was much more of a minor antagonist that never was given his full potential at all

>
I was honestly expecting lust to be a lot hotter

>Best villain in the DCEU

Primitive monkey

Attached: mrmind.jpg (1261x682, 262K)

Yeah, you know what, you’re right user. At least Hela got main billing. My bad yo

>Jesse Eisenberg punts him off a building.

Attached: punting mr mind.jpg (987x1600, 569K)

Black Adam is a better anti-hero than villain. He just uses violence and extreme methods to stop crime. Just give the guy a wife to suck his cock, and he'll mellow out.

kek

The gold sparkes figure out Black Adam did kind of look like him, and he was credited as an executive producer.

Until she dies and Adam goes nuclear and ends up waging a one man war against the planet. Not that it would happen or anything extreme like that..

Black Adam is not nuclear, he's biblical. Dude dishes out Old Testament, Code of Hammurabi style Punishment

Holy fucking shit, it checks out. And I knew I recognized him from somewhere, I just didn't realize it was Smallville.

Attached: 1505503701602.png (251x288, 146K)

While it was only a snippet that bit of Mr. Mind was gold. Hoping against hope they can maintain it throughout an entire movie.

How does Gremlins 2 fit into this?

The implication is that she was tortured or abused by the opposite side in the war. So she was creating these chemical weapons to get revenge, not cuz she’s “pure evil”

Somebody, save me!

Attached: Lionel.jpg (1280x536, 216K)

So did Billy.

Lust is not a pretty thing

I really enjoyed him. He was a sympathetic villain but you weren't rooting for him.

Yeah, he's "a villain with motivation" but he's not a "gray villain", he's full evil

I really wish he would of called Shazam "Big Red Cheese" at one point.

He was okay. Pretty good in the first half of the movie, but really bland and generic in the second half. I still prefer good 'ol evil scientist Sivanna.

Attached: 20180807_103444.jpg (209x319, 67K)

Mark Strong is legit one of the best actors. I really was sad to see him waste a 10/10 Sinestro on a film that was forgotten.

wasnt this nigga sinestro?

He was menacing enough. He was cold-blooded and didn't give a fuck about his family. The way he killed the doctor and the people at the meeting was violent enough for a movie like this one. The Sins were good, I read their CGI was awful but they ended up looking great.

Actually, for a low-budget movie the CGI wasn't bad.

I hope so. This movie wasn't a critical failure like GL, and the box-office is gonna be a modest one but not a failure.

WB really nailed it with Sandberg. As long as he and the cast continue, it looks like a bright future for the Shazam franchise.

bait

Mr Mind is teaming up with Sivana to form the Monster Society of Evil. Black Adam could theoretically get in on that too, but it might be too much for just one movie.

I liked him a lot. And I liked his shithole line

>implying The Rock should get priority over the malicious machinations of the malific Mr Mind
>and his sidekick, Thad

It would have been a smart move from WB to create Freddy's YT account and upload those clips of Shazam trying his powers. It would give a sense of reality that most people like.

>Ocean Master
What a snorefest. Black Manta wasn't even the main villain and he totally stole the spotlight.

Hela was hella badass. Charisma does a lot for a flat character

I can't believe you faggots forget about Killmonger, which was the only interesting character besides M'baku in the snorefest that was Black Panther

Best thing in the movie, no joke.

>Hela
She seemed like the typical, smug quippy bullshit you get from characters like Ultron to me.

That was never implied.

>Best thing in the movie

That's not kid Darla. Or Shazam-Freddy's interaction. Or the amazing tits of the Vazquez mother.

What tits

Killimonger was shit doofus. I can’t speak for the other user but his exclusion was intentional on my part, apply yourself to get better taste

>that pun

Attached: 1553451276168.gif (250x250, 1.14M)

>even the doujin one.
nani?

Hela? Good, really? I thought ahe was more a plot device than a character

His best lines were the monologue we only heard part of because billy was too far away to hear him

Her being a svelte woman helps.

Hopefully not

Because you naive nincompoop, Mr Mind is nobody's second banana.

Attached: Mr Mind.jpg (831x960, 166K)

Pretty based but he stops being interesting after the board room scene

That's a retcon

Zod can't be the best DCU villain because Michael Shannon giving a great performance can't override the character being extremely fucking stupid and poorly written.

So from what I'm hearing, the first movie since the current superhero boom started to give every team member a one on one fight during the climax is one that wasn't even a team movie?

The whole office scene was great, shame he didn't have more scenes like it.

>The whole office scene
>"This place is a shithole"
>"I have four: Kill the little girl"

Honorable mention to when he's going maximum edgelord but Billy can't hear him over the wind and city traffic

yeah

Comic pleb here!

Have Sivana and Mr. Mind ever fought the Justice League?

best thing in the movie was that Mary Marvel got to fight tentacle monster.

fucking based

He was a Trump parody in Gremlins 2 and Lex Luthor got that Trumpesque prestige format book in the 90s.