Thoughts on lazer wulf?

Thoughts on lazer wulf?

Attached: lazor-wulf-review.jpg (1448x389, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QFkhzMkrmQE
twitter.com/adultswim/status/1052943558360125442
animationmagazine.net/people/rising-stars-of-animation-2019/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Kinda generic and sucks.

Cool

a true sign that the old guard of animation (who ironically still consider themselves the new guard) need to pass the torch already and quit forcing cringe cartoons onto an audience of no one but themselves

surprisingly comfy, though it's not really funny at all; pretty boring and the art style (more specifically the color palette) is horrendous.

Think We Bare Bears meets The Problem Solverz.

Not a fan of Weidenfeld?

>Think We Bare Bears meets The Problem Solverz.
Is this like an anti-endorsement? Because that sound like shit, user.

Nothing wrong with WBB.
Nothing wrong with comfy.
Can't speak for Problem Solverz, though.

It looks like another Adult Swim show that gets canned after it's first showing.

Literally The Jellies part 2

>Rap related
Probably going to get 3 seasons

Exactly what about this makes you think it’s generic?

Attached: B63A2D9E-8D61-4B1C-94B2-E7FADE02F213.jpg (600x338, 60K)

Because its derivitive and trying really hard to be over-the-top. It's aesthetic isn't even that original. Just looks like Problem Solverz.

FPBP

this literally looks like something ive seen before. it rings "2011".

I don't really have high hopes for it, but I'm gonna finish out the first season, at least.

peak zoomer-rap core

Attached: 1552972651082.jpg (700x440, 63K)

I said the same for The Jellies!, but I couldn’t watch more than three episodes.

A damn shame since it’s what got me into Tyler, The Creator’s music. Plus, his brief rant during the show’s Comic-Con panel is a powerful moment I’ll never forget: youtube.com/watch?v=QFkhzMkrmQE

Got me hyped up for something I ended up not giving a shit about. Watch Ballmastrz: 9009

Attached: 35E187AA-BA14-456E-A31E-F708467A5B00.jpg (1280x720, 186K)

Visually, it looks like every other garbage animated commercial I see being done. Writing wise, the jokes are stale, the voice delivery is poor, and it really has nothing to say other than, "Look at this randum world!!!".

Even just looking at this, you can't tell what's supposed to be funny about it. At least with something like Home Movies, it's funny that a grown adult Coach is giving bad life lessons to a little kid. Or Boondocks, it's funny this little kid is using karate to play kickball. Space Ghost, it's funny this rejected guy is given a talk show where he ignores his guests to talk about himself.

There's no real moments of funny like that in Lazor Wulf. We're supposed to find the Horse pathetic like we do Meg or Jerry "just because". We're supposed to find Lazor Wulf cool "just because". The only one kind of funny is God.

Attached: 629080710_1280x720.jpg (1280x720, 133K)

Daily reminder that WBB is a massive hit outside of Yea Forums

And Michael Bay is a massive hit outside of the internet in general, what's your point?

I like the colors (reminds me of CGA color a bit) but outside of that it's insanely derivative

The internet is wrong

>Thoughts on lazer wulf?
I think it has a title that nobody will ever be able to spell correctly.

Attached: 5EEB3521-C828-49C5-903D-F93552886103.png (534x143, 40K)

This rant would be based if the context surrounding it wasn't so cringe. If the question was just being asked in general, "Why is the main character black?", it would be appropriate for "Why the fuck not?". But in the original web short, he was white, so it's a valid question to ask. The answer could still be "Just because, why not?". But in Hollywood, there could be a shit ton of other reasons.
>Executives told us to
>Carl Jones wanted Phil LaMarr on board but didn't want him voicing a white kid
>He thought the whole "Black kid feels like an outcast" being hammered with a family of jellyfish is funnier
>Wanted to make a show that wasn't labelled "a black show" like Proud Family or Boondocks is

The key difference in the question is, "Why did you CHANGE it", not "Why did you do it at all". I mean, he's still right, why not, he can do whatever he wants. He just feels really hostile against a woman where it feels like he's misunderstanding her question so he can do a rant he always wanted to do.

Attached: thejellies_c.jpg (1138x453, 113K)

Oh fuck
Shit man it was even spelled correctly in the image I posted.
I guess I done fucked up on that one.
Good catch

That kind of art style is my "calarts", it makes me kind of irrationally angry looking at it, it's trying way too hard while also not trying hard at all. Another example's that one show made by the twins from 22 Jump Street. Those Apple Store animations do a better job doing what this garbage is trying to do, can't find any example right now because googling "apple store animations" just sends me to animation apps and other unrelated results

It's viewership has been tanking the past few seasons.
Shame, too.
There's been quite a few good episodes.

iirc it's still doing well in korea

Fair enough, I guess I've been looking at US viewership.
Glad to hear!
Do producers an execs really take foreign viewership into account all that much?

If they're high enough, yes.

this
This is nearly identical to the jellies.

I never actually watched The Jellies, just saw bits and pieces of it.
I know it only got the one season, but was that season worth watching, in your opinion?

>We're supposed to find the Horse pathetic like we do Meg or Jerry "just because". We're supposed to find Lazor Wulf cool "just because".
It's a lack of substance that I hate in these new AS cartoons, particularly with the characters. The best shows ever to air on Adult Swim are well-loved because they took the time to give the characters balance. For every time The Warden was made to look like a fool, there was a time where The Warden was made to look badass. For every time Space Ghost was successfully clowned on by Zorak, there was a time that he got to fuck Zorak up. By having these contrasting moments, we learn more about the characters and their positive traits are given grounding.

Lazor Wulf has none of this, and frankly it strikes me as the kind of show that simply won't bother trying.

>was that season worth watching
I’m the same user as , so I say, “No.” But feel free to check it out for yourself and see if you wanna keep watching after the first two or so episodes.

Are those sunglasses or eyebrows?

Eyebrows

everything about this nigger was false hype and now he's just a flaming homo so let it die

Hur! Black people!

But there's a white horse

Wow! That intro was god tier! Absolute kino right out of the gate!

Haha stupid horse

wow this is shit

I fuckin agree, 100%

>great now I can starve to death
>m-c-donalds
Lmao

So far this has been complete crap. Is this what anyone considers to be humor?

>background is literally just blank white
Did Kubo do this shit?

Haha Lazor Wulf had saiyan armor. Did you catch the reference Toonami viewers?

Damn, are we really not getting another season of The Jellies? I really enjoyed it, there was a lot of potential.

>He later contributes to the list of shows with black leads filed under "cancelled"

Nice.

it's ugly
it's not funny
i don't really know who the intended audience is
my expectations were pretty low but so far it's still disappointing

>niggers
>creative

You have shit taste.

This is bad

Stupid Horse reminds me of me.

you absolute dumbasses

twitter.com/adultswim/status/1052943558360125442

It's yet another piece of shit from adult swim.

Are adult swim ratings besides Toonami ever posted anywhere? I really want to know how stuff like this performs

OHNONONONONOOOOOO

You can generally find the ratings on Wiki pages a few days after an episode has aired.

This show is weak, niggas.

That episode convinced me to change the channel for the rest of the evening. There is nothing to look forward to.

Anyone know why AS does 2 ep premiers now? Especially if their recent shows are just doing 10 ep seasons.

Seems wasteful to blow all that production time in 5 weeks

Attached: D3kaAIlXoAEJHBh.jpg (1024x1024, 96K)

I chuckled maybe a couple of times. Usually at the fast-paced jokes like:
>Alright, I won't like it though. Hey, I like it!

The crass-mouthed little girl is funny, I suppose. It's not surreal enough to appeal to the usual [AS] stoner crowd and it's not abrasive enough to appeal to their edgy crowd. I don't know who the target audience is other than someone trying to fall asleep.

better than that joe pera shit

have never seen a show more boring than a white dude talking to you about stupid fucking shit that makes no sense

Bento Box is really spreading out, they also got that alien news show on syfy

are they worried bobs burgers is going to end soon or something?

Sounds like the "Home Movies" crowd, then.

Home Movies was good though

so is everyone black except stupid horse whos a stand in for the white friend?

Maybe I'll give it a chance.
I didn't want to like Tigtone but that shit was great despite all appearances, maybe this'll be the same.

Did it actually get better as the season went on? I only saw the first three episodes and couldn't be bothered to watch the rest.

But Home Movies actually benefits from funny improv. They don't overwhelm with this wacky world of crazy characters. Coach McGuirk's random rants to Brendon are funny.

Lazor Wulf feels like it's trying to be surreal or trying to have a crazy Adventure Time world, but it's just boring.

Looks like an ADHD reject

Attached: stone-quackers-2c89dac4-5300-47f1-a69c-0d46540dc69-resize-750.jpg (600x400, 46K)

I was also surprised that I loved Tigtone.
But so far I don't like this at all.

>Did it actually get better as the season went on? I
Kind of. There's definitely still room for improvement, but the foreshadowing and payoff at the end was really satisfying.

>-999
Haha that was a good one

>bento box production
So is this just vague weeb pandering that the normies who watch this won’t get?

Well, it was colorful. And the wolves were cute.

But thats it.

bento box has brought you such shows as

Neighbors From Hell
Bob's Burgers
Allen Gregory
Brickleberry
Perfect Hair Forever
and Border Town

Now that Disney owns Fox that may be what ends up happening.

Honestly I’m surprised BB has gone on as long as it has. It feels like it passed it hip fad status years ago, and there are many episodes that feel like straight rehashes of old ones

Did a black weeb make this?

Superior Hot Streets is on

So yea you just strengthened by point. They slide in vague anime references despite the crowd their shows are intended for not watching anime and thus not understanding them. They are background enough to not be an issue, but it’s noticeable

Lately, I've actually kinda felt that Bob's Burgers might end with the movie next summer. They'll have aired 10 seasons by then, and I've never thought of Bob's Burgers as the type of animated sitcom to wanna last forever (à la The Simpsons, South Park, Family Guy, etc.).

10 seasons would be a perfect run to end on. Plus, Loren's already making a new show for Apple TV+, and the Molyneux sisters are currently pitching a pilot for FOX. Multiple crew members moving off to their own projects seems like a major sign that a show may be coming to a close.

Attached: Central Park.jpg (1334x750, 99K)

Don't forget about Alien News Desk!

I noticed the Vegeta armor/scouter in promo, but DBZ references aren’t good enough. Watching the episode makes it seem like that’s the case though.

Speaking of, this show makes me think of We Bear Bears, both in artstyle and it’s occasional weeb references

Hot Streets is pretty much the same style of humor except executed well.
Weird that they'd put it on right after, like they don't care that it's going to remind people they could be watching anything else.

This show is being treated like Ballmastrz, the new episodes go up online before they air on cable. Shows they don’t give a fuck how it performs and it’s likely going to be a one season wonder

Honestly, Stupid Horse should be the main character. Lazor Wulf is too bland for my taste.

animationmagazine.net/people/rising-stars-of-animation-2019/

>Take one look at Henry Bonsu’s brilliant new animated series Lazor Wulf, and you can tell he is a true fan of classic UPA toons and old-school Hanna-Barbera. The gifted 34-year-old creator, who grew up in East Orange, N.J. and Philadelphia, loved cartoons and drawing comics at an early age. “I watched everything back then,” he says. “I loved Tiny Toons and Animaniacs, and even watched the animated show based on Jumanji!”

>After studying animation at the Art Institute of Philadelphia, he moved to San Jose, Calif. “I was living with a couple of my friends and dreamed about making a cartoon about a wolf with a laser on his back,” he recalls. “At night, I made a comic about it, and I put it on the Internet. It just grew from a joke and became this Tumblr comic.”

>After Adult Swim exec producer Dan Weidenfeld discovered the comic online, Bonsu was invited to come to L.A. and make the show at Bento Box. “I just pitched the show to him, and he got me to meet some dope folks,” he recalls. “We have a team of about 30 people. The studio in Atlanta works on the animation, and we do the boarding and preproduction and animatics in L.A.”

Attached: Henry-Bonsu.jpg (760x1013, 315K)

black people love dbz

>Bonsu says he’s beyond thrilled to be able to create animation that he can stand by and which speaks to people. “I want to make stuff that people enjoy. I think it’s important for black folks to realize that they can also make animation like this and create things that speak to them and their audience. But you can’t stop on your laurels. You always need to be motivated to make things better. It all comes down to people opening doors and providing you with platforms to express your view. Other people did it for me, and I hope I can do the same for a new generation of animators.”

>“Cartoons are a major part of my black experience,” he adds. “They are a dope medium to tell stories and showcase ideas. It takes time and patience, but you got to be consistent with your goals. Make sure what you’re making has the energy and authenticity you envisioned. Then stand up for it and speak to it when you’re challenged. But also, open yourself up to being wrong. Know that messing up is part of the process, and can result in growth!”

Attached: Animation Domination High-Def.gif (504x504, 53K)

Why even air a show if they don't expect it to do well?

so literally not calarts

behold Yea Forums, the savior of animation you have been begging for

>adhd
oh fuck this dude called it

>which speaks to people
what?
are black people so desperate for cartoons that shows like this "speak" to them?

Because television is dying. They had new eps of Venture Bros go online first too..

Adult Swim is dying as they slowly lose the Fox crap they propped themselves up with for the past decade and have no idea what to do now

Yes. Yes, we are.

Attached: feelsbadman.png (412x351, 78K)

That’s no surprise, despite the loud fan base, VB is a ratings abyss. They can blame part of that on the early showing

>This dream cartoon of mine about a wolf with a laser on his back that I would spend nights drawing is a true cartoon that speaks to black people

What level of fucking cognitive dissonance do you have to have to think like this?

It's just for brownie points.

Wow user look at you tearing down how things can be meaningful to people. Cartoons are all totally stupid and pointless, except the ones that you like and appeal to people like you.

>have no idea what to do now
But they know EXACTLY what they're gonna do: rely on Rick and Morty's mainstream success for the next 7-10 years. You'll never see another show get picked up for 70 half-hours all at once. [adult swim] found their cash cow, and they're not letting it get away any time soon.

Attached: 100 YEARS RICK AND MORTY.jpg (1054x1200, 247K)

>Cartoons are all totally stupid and pointless
no, just this one
and glenn martin

Joe Pera is literally one of the best shows they have ever put out. It was fucking beautiful man.

inb4 the hiatus killed the hype and it crashes and burns

Where is season 4?

Rick and Morty used to be my favorite show but I'm not optimistic at all about its future.

2-3 year gaps between 10 episode seasons isn’t gonna keep the whole network afloat. Rick and Morty episodes pull Ratings one time

God willing, Season 4 should be out late this year.

And I actually think we'll be getting shorter breaks between seasons now. AFAIK, the writers are the only crew members who stay at Rick and Morty LLC all the time. Hopefully, now that the crew's already gotten the greenlight for seven seasons, they won't have such long hiatuses between each season's production anymore and can keep production going without having to dismiss and rehire board artists and designers over and over again.

The seasons should gradually be getting finished faster and faster as we go on. We'll probably only have to wait a year between Season 9 and 10.

Attached: Unitiddies.webm (770x756, 394K)

will it be good though?

I love you, user. Joe Pera Talks with You was too good for this world. I can only hope [adult swim] will be open to picking up more episodes.

Attached: cue 'Baba O'Riley'.png (780x521, 581K)

Why did people not like Season 3 again? I haven't rewatched any episodes recently, but I remember having fun with it overall.

The only gripes I can remember having were the quickly abandoned status quo changes (the Galactic Federation completely leaving earth in the season premiere, and Beth & Jerry getting back together by the season finale despite their rocky marriage being an ongoing issue since the very beginning). But those complaints mainly stem from my expectations that Rick and Morty was a show that would embrace the status quo change with a tighter grip. Eventually, I could respect that Dan & Justin chose to take the series in a different direction. Who knows what the future has to bring, especially with Beth's meta line about "things being like Season 1 but more streamlined"

Attached: S3e1_alien_blasting_off.png (1280x720, 1.22M)

For the most part, it just wasn't as good or memorable as the first two seasons.

Not gonna like its pretty decent to me but i wish the one of the background characters was the main characters instead of the wulf... his character is just flat so far ....

Attached: DC2D890D-55A2-480C-A921-52DC37DC4ADF.jpg (731x591, 264K)

So they iron out the speed issue, but that still doesn’t cover the long term problem. Rick and Morty isn’t Family Guy, it pulls great ratings one time, then it falls down to a mediocre draw at best. Even if they cut the production time down to a year (they won’t), that leaves 355 days out of the year that don’t have a ratings pull

I don't know why Yea Forums wants to discuss Fiddler on the Roof, but I'm all for it.

He was in the right. Tevye broke his word - what kind of a man is he?

Oh, I was just focusing on how we'll have shorter hiatuses. is still right, though. Unless [adult swim] magically gains itself some more successful original shows, it'll have to depend on each rare new season of Rick and Morty and The Venture Bros. while the rest of the year is full of underperforming new cartoons that show up for just one season and pull in less than a million views per episode. Watch Ballmastrz: 9009

Attached: Cantina Stripper.gif (697x290, 2.46M)

i just like the art, it's familiar. the "thick ass shake" ad is still stuck in my head

Attached: joey-dino-1.gif (617x474, 164K)

I miss stone quackers every day :(

I was lucky enough to see it on a movie screen with Joe, the producers, and that little girl from the show doing a live Q&A. The little girl was the center of attention, being all cute and junk.

Adult Swim must make a lot of profit from the various Rick and Morty merch, considering they have the Rickmobile which drives around and sells it at specific locations. No other Adult Swim show has had the level of merchandise that Rick and Morty has had. Not ATHF, not Metalocalypse, not Venture Bros.

It should be, it’s been playing on loop for 2 weeks now

Metalocalypse and VB aren’t that popular, so that’s no surprise. ATHF had a respectable merch run. Rick and Morty just has such a huge autistic fan base that it’s easy to sell crap to them. That’s great on the merch end, but AS primary revenue stream is their channel, which merch can’t prop up

>glenn martin
Jesus Fuck, I haven't thought about this show in ages

Attached: uncanny.jpg (500x375, 53K)

That’s

one

THICK

A S S

S H A K E

Attached: 83474080-D033-4F6F-82BA-0496ED23E6CA.gif (290x266, 3.85M)

lame

I can't imagine wanting to give this a chance, and I've seen some bullshit cartoons.

Attached: SUPA HOT FIRE!!.gif (320x240, 1.32M)

I'm surprised only one person pointed out that the only white character on the show is literally a stupid horse.

>inb4 ‘Pickle Rick was SHIT!’

I thought it was pretty well established that Yea Forums didn't like it solely because it was written by a chick?

Well, that’s what happens when your character’s personality is literally just, “I’m cool.”

unf

I liked The Jellies

Brainlets didn't like it because they unironically liked Rick being a Hancock knockoff with the vocab to back up his constant narcissistic rants.

Lots of other people (including brainlets, but not exclusively) were uncomfortable with how much the plot of the entire season revolved around making Jerry as miserable as possible for no discernible reason.

As for the motives behind that 2nd reason, the brainlets assumed the show was picking on Jerry because "hurr durr stupid gurl writers hate him because he's a white male", but if you've ever listened to Dan Harmon talk about his life post-divorce you'd know that Harmon just likes shitting on Jerry as a way to punish himself for ruining his marriage and the writers probably cater to his self-flagellation.

Problem Solverz might be considered the worst animated /as/ heck CN show ever. Anything labeled that seems harsh. I don't mind Lazer Wulf but it's not great either way

>Brainlets didn't like it because they unironically liked Rick being a Hancock knockoff with the vocab to back up his constant narcissistic rants.
what?

Pickle Rick and Vindicators 3

it’s got a bomb-ass theme song

Lazor Wulf? More like LAMOR Wulf!

Attached: E6EE7E3F-9285-4305-A163-524E8C69B665.gif (600x338, 1.12M)

i hate to admit it, but yes

Attached: 76B0CD99-0744-4F60-8090-AB85C1D121A3.jpg (1242x1242, 171K)

is this why the Cleveland Show lasted more than two seasons? because black people had nothing else to watch?

>this show already has a passive aggressive autistic fan

>The crass-mouthed little girl is funny
No she isnt.

>girl was the center of attention
wow, really?

Hot Streets is just as fucking retarded but for different reasons, mostly.

>The gifted 34-year-old creator

>the Molyneux sisters are currently pitching a pilot for FOX
Hope they dont get it.

>when a creator cant draw his own characters
how many other cases are there?

>God willing, Season 4 should be out late this year.
>caring this much about rick and morty

>Telling other people what they find funny

Are you autistic?

>not caring this much about Rick and Morty

Attached: U WOT M8.png (958x790, 518K)

What do you have against the Molyneux sisters?

Attached: Wendy & Lizzie Molyneux.jpg (549x412, 59K)

Yea, they're annoying.

Those are some damn fine mammaries

Attached: Christina Hendricks jiggle.gif (434x530, 3.38M)

Even not wearing a bra shouldn't have made them bounce that much with that little movement, what did they do?

>'they're annoying cuz they're women'
Hahaha good one, buddy

Attached: louise_kys.gif (478x280, 792K)

Did you seriously turn it into that? Fucking christ.

Nigga, he's a writer, showrunner, and lead voice actor. There's a reason why Justin Roiland isn't a storyboard artist, character designer, or art director on his own show.

In fact, most cartoon creators hire artists who are better than them since said creators would be too busy to do art-specific jobs on their show. There are only a few exceptions where the creator is one of the best artists on the production. In most other cases, the creator is more gifted in their storytelling abilities rather than their drawing ability. It's pretty rare to have both.

Attached: Rebecca Sugar, Dana Terrace.png (2360x1080, 1.16M)

FIGHT!

Oh, it's you.

All right then. Why are they specifically so annoying that you’d wish for their pilot to fail?

Attached: 931A5ACF-67BD-4AB6-A39F-E0925DA1ECA9.jpg (1280x720, 114K)

>Why did people not like Season 3 again?
I liked it but for me the writing was noticeably worse than the first two seasons. Seemed like all the main characters ended up less likeable by the end.

God I wish they didn't just make Cleveland into Black Peter

>Seemed like all the main characters ended up less likeable by the end
This. Every member of the Smith family became so fucking smug and hostile towards one another that it kinda killed the whole family sitcom vibe they had by going in full-force to show how dysfunctional the Smiths can get.

Attached: Jeffrey M. Thompson.jpg (1280x854, 500K)

>'80s: LL Cool J
>2000s: Paul Wall
Who are the other two?

Attached: Korath the Pursuer.gif (382x356, 1.12M)

It's really weird if you compare him to the way he's characterized in early episodes of Family Guy.
I think the only character who's had a bigger personality shift over the years is Stewie, unless you count Cleveland Junior, who only appeared in two or three episodes before the spin-off.

They made Cleveland into another dumb animated dad. It's a let down even if you don't consider Family Guy Cleveland.

Attached: image7.png (2000x2499, 459K)

>BROKE: Lazor Wulf

>WOKE: Big Blue

I'm honestly just waiting for next year. Gyimah Gariba is the based Ghanaian who's gonna save western TV animation.

Attached: Big Blue.jpg (1080x758, 819K)

C'est caca meiner amigo

Attached: 1530273791866.jpg (1400x913, 129K)

I just like instigating things...

Bobs Burgers is getting a movie? I'm ready for kino, bros

Attached: PANTS TIME.jpg (540x572, 103K)

But Jellies did get renewed for second season

Where are you guys watching it from?
I can't get the adult swim website to load properly.