Tim Burton's return to claymation that highlights his art and writing style

>Tim Burton's return to claymation that highlights his art and writing style
>No one cares

Attached: rs-150271-20121004-frankenweenie-picture-624x420-1349366131.jpg (624x420, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IIJRex3Q_fw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Tim Burton's movies after Ed Wood
>no one cares

FTFY

youtube.com/watch?v=IIJRex3Q_fw
It was just a rewrite of his old original short with a lot of homage to his love of old horror movies thrown in (sort of what he did with Sleepy Hallow). In all honesty, I liked the live action short more. It's a shame people only want him for remakes, I'd be nice to see something original from him again.

Maybe because it was utterly forgettable and felt like Tim Burton's love-letter to himself

Hmm

Attached: family-dog.jpg (406x414, 39K)

People cared about Ed Wood?

Wasn't that movie a gigantic flop that only got a cult following way later?

Corpse Bride > rest

I hear about how good that movie is more and more every day lately, but I never even heard of it until recently and it's always mentioned because TB's other work is being compared to it.

The entire film was undermined by the ending, for me. I understand that the original short ended with the town pulling together and the boy getting to live with his undead dog, but the film expanded on those themes and made it clear that the dog was in pain, was living an unnatural existence, and that his obsession with bringing Sparkly back was detrimental and went against the natural order of accepting that death is a part of life. Keeping the original short ending after spending the entire last act hammering in the point that resurrecting the dead pets was cruel and unnatural was just weird.

He isn't gay and that sucks

because he's a cringelord who lost his audience when the hot topic crowd died off

Sounds perfect for that movie

Explain why Hazbin Hotel is so popular and why Invader ZIM still has an audience.

Holy shit, someone besides me remembers this.

>>Tim Burton's return to claymation that highlights his art and writing style
> >No one cares

it didn't help it came out around the same time as hotel transylvania and paranorman

Mars Attacks was based tho

>highlights his art
yes
>and writing style
not something worth highlighting

>sad emo boy with daddy issues misses his dog
And? We've heard this story so many times it's become tiresome. He got away with it for years because he surrounded himself with genuinely talented people, but that only went as far as his own imagination. Burton is a veritable creative vampire.

the short film was a lot better and original
should have made an original story
bad as wes anderson is as a writer at least isle of dogs waz original

>Mars Attacks was based tho

gets funnier each time i watch it

Putting it next to Paranorman really highlights that Laika produces superior stopmotion. I remember seeing comments that Frankenweenie’s characters all looked very stiff and expressionless next to Paranorman’s characters, and those comments were right.

Burton basically said he thinks stop motion is supposed to be stiff and disjointed or else it loses the charm.

They're way more bright, colorful and zany than the gloomy goth style Burton went for.
The Zim comics especially got way goofier and farther away from the show's pessimistic, misanthropic humor.

I doubt he actually meant that the characters should look like so lifeless and expressionless. I'd assume he meant that stop-motion should look a bit artificial & unique instead of going for absolute realism. For example, the characters in Nightmare Before Christmas were so totally vibrant & expressive while embracing their animated, artificial look.

The film was boring

>emo
You didn't watch the movie, did you?

it was just frankenstein for kids like it was created from a scholastic book

And his opinion is wrong.

Both movies had garbage stories though which undermines the artistry of the stop motion.

Not like any of this matters anyway since Tim Burton permanently maimed stop motion's reputation and threw Selick under the bus.

Didn’t Burton only scribble the concept of Nightmare Before Christmas on a napkin and then show up to the set for short visits a handful of times? I heard he actually had minimal involvement in the stop motion process on it and the movie was more Henry Selick’s doing than his. I wouldn’t be surprised if Burton turned out dissatisfied with the finished product being so expressive but was too late into it to change things.

>clay

Attached: 1554616035468.jpg (517x541, 23K)