Why there is no big fuss over the best animeted show we had in ages?

Why there is no big fuss over the best animeted show we had in ages?

Attached: love-death-robots-1551093908.jpg (1200x604, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q_5xeZV4ifE
youtube.com/watch?v=KjHclWPVij0
youtube.com/watch?v=9eflKzcEbLk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There was, but like with any Netflix show, it was all relegated to the week or so around the entire thing dropping.

>muh revolutionary netflix cartoon
Nothing will come out of this. All the talent will be hijacked by Yea Forumsideo game companies.

You missed the threads around the release? There was some good discussion and of course shitposting.

It was an ok series, most of the EPs were mediocre with a few gems in between

>DUDE HUMANS DIDN'T HEED THE CLIMATE CHANGE WARNINGS LMAO

stfu stupid liberal cartoons.

Stfu stupid user

It was just an animated anthology... really more of an advertisement for various studios. Most of the stories themselves were kind of shit with what a twist endings. While I have nothing against this computer generated animation, it really pales compared to Neo Tokyo or Memories

>few gems

Tell me wich ones so I don't have to watch the whole thing

I liked the robot designs of the white robot and the black cube dalek thing.

could care less about the actual short and the SO RANDUMB basedtier ending though. dog/cat obsessors are cringe

The suits was the nearest thing to a decent mechwarriors cartoon we will ever have, which makes me angry/sad to monolithic levels.

Attached: death-love-robots-episode-4-suits-640x360.jpg (640x360, 45K)

theyre all okay desu.
some are just better than others.

if I had to make a MUST WATCH top 3 then

1.Beyond Aquila Rift
2. Good Hunting
3. ZIMA BLUE

if I had to make a top 3 "pass" list

1. What if Hitler died
2. Yogurt
3. the witness

the rest are honestly forgettable or poorly written imo. yes even the Secret war one and Skinshifter. its literally just high costing CGI violence for like 5 minutes with nothing else of substance coming from them.

It’s subjective

I really enjoyed The Witness, and thought Yoghurt was fine. They at least knew to keep it brief.

The ones that are 2D

The three robots is the most fun one

I don't want to put my nerdo badges in, but almost all of the most successful and lasting species/genos were obliterated by climate changes. It's kinda unavoidable at a given point, you survive long enough to adapt to a certain biome/biomes, and here comes motherfucking Mother Nature and kicks the game board into Oblivion to start again from scratch. We humans are just too much succesful for our own good, and a global war or pandemia is not guaranteed to take us out fast enough...so an eventual climate change (natural or self-inflicted) that pretty much fucks up our entire food sources is the best candidate to sign our defunction certifications.

Wasn't the whole joke that it was actually speaking cats with thumbs that actually did them in?
Fucking retard.

Yogurt is literally youtube 3second short tier and not actually worthy of being on the same billing as the others. its pretty much on par with

Witness was boring as fuck and was really just an excuse to push the nudity limits. the BEST scenes of it are literally in the first 4 minutes then everything after that is just straight boring garbage with a obvious twist ending.

I personally find nothing enthralling about them. just SEX and VIOLENCE for the sake of SEX and VIOLENCE for the sake of being edgy.

Attached: 1551742041069.png (800x500, 11K)

>start what's presumably the "first" episode "Sonnie's Edge"
>dialogue is awful and embarrassing
>acting is bad and embarrassing
>"MEN RAPED HER"
>dude lesbians lmao
>lol jk it was all a trick :^)

I'm not watching any more of this trash unless someone can tell me if all the other episodes are different.

Attached: 1539745498295.jpg (465x437, 33K)

Can you even describe Yogurt as having at least one of Love, Death or Robots?

It had a threadbare plot, but the animation was great.

it was fucking awful thats why, fucking reddit plebs have been peddling this shit since it aired and i'm sick of it

That one was definitely the worst. Why they chose to put it first I don't know.

It was totally a love letter to StarCraft, too.

Yeah, that one was just Love and Death, the next one has Death and Robots.
The best ones have all three, but you know.
And yes, it's an NSFW collection, so there's a naked body in at least 75% of them.

Attached: tearabyte.jpg (1920x1080, 514K)

Because it fucking sucked. No cohesive theme, mostly total crap (good hunting, aquilas rift) or bland nothings (lucky 13, zima blue) with one or two simple but well executed concepts (the witness, sucker of souls)

You don't let animators write their own stories.

It was a love letter to A LOT OF STUFF, that's why I liked it so much.

All hail Jake, The Da Vinci of mechs!!

He was too blinded by tard rage to pick up on that.

>You don't let animators write their own stories.
exactly, this is why there are no good stories where the artist and the writer are the same person

Implied death, but that's it.

not really funnily enough.
I feel like every anthology show that does this little "hire a bunch of different studio's" thing always ends up with a godawful stinker that just drops the ball. like THAT kid who waited till the last 5 minutes of class to do his 2-week project and it shows.

during the whole thing I kept finding myself saying "SCV READY" or thinking of Zerg death squeals

>the first episode in an anthology where every episode looks different except most of the CGI ones and is made by different people wasn't good, I'm not watching it
I can't believe how many people I've seen saying this since LDR came out, holy fuck

The same cat that lied about exploding if they stopped petting him? Can he really be trusted? Would cats with thumbs really be that much of a problem for humanity, to the point that skeletons would be found dead while eating in a dinner? fucking retard.

If the first episode is bad, who is to say that every episode isn't also bad? There clearly wasn't any quality control on the writing.

MUST WATCH

Good Hunting
Beyond the Aquila Rift
Lucky 13
Zima Blue

Amazing Animation, Meh Plot

The Witness
Fish Night
Ice Age

Not Amazing but Really Fun

Three Robots
The Dump
When the Yogurt Took Over
Suits
Sucker of Souls

Afterthoughts and Why You Might Want to Watch Them

Sonnie's Edge (cool concept, good fight scene)
Shape-Shifters (cool concept, good fight scene)
Helping Hand (human struggle, Irish in space)
Blindspot (eh it's okay)
Secret War (picks up near the end)

Pass

Alternate Histories

Why else would they still be alive when all humans are dead?

I'm pretty sure almost every single one is based on a short story by an established author.

>replying to bait seriously

Had a big Pixar/Dreamworks vibe for me.

The discourse I've been seeing online is that most of the shorts are just juvenile; only a few have actual depth to them.

>i was only pretending to be retarded

>the first episode triggered him
kek

Attached: bursting into laughter.gif (445x247, 2.85M)

the guy taste are blatantly opposite of what most people think.

you are a brainlet for taking his post seriously

It wasn’t but Starcraft was a rip-off of all that shit so I can see why normals would just go “dude Starcraft lmao”

>decent mechwarriors cartoon

The 90's cartoon is fucking great cheese and you should watch it.

Attached: Adept posting.webm (640x480, 1.91M)

It was a 7/10 show at best.
In reality, it's more like 6/10.

I'd rather rewatch season 5 of Samurai Jack than all of LD+R again.

Where are my Blindspot bros at?

I like it, it’s like watching Borderlands

Sonnie is a flesh robot. And the gold dress girl is a robot too, I think.

God, we need to gas you subhumans.
Mentally retarded cancer to society.

Would you regreta a Greta?

Attached: 1554585743558.jpg (300x289, 28K)

>I personally find nothing enthralling about them. just SEX and VIOLENCE for the sake of SEX and VIOLENCE for the sake of being edgy.

That's liberals for you.
Where they aren't shoving their ideology down your throat, they're being degenerate fucktards with no sense of moderation.

Every single one of these shorts was brought down in quality by the liberal virtue signalling or over-the-top degeneracy that added nothing to the subject. No, we don't need a "fuck" uttered every other second, or non-stop single entendres about sex.

Jesus fucking christ even when they're given carte blanche to create cool stuff, liberals just can't fucking help themselves but ruin it with their shittiness.

They're pretty much all like that. Maybe only the one with rednecks driving mechs is passable.

It's more akin to Storm Hawks.

It was good. A lot like a modern Heavy Metal. Not sure about being "best in ages"

Attached: 1424138479621.jpg (748x744, 90K)

Because it spent half the time squirting feminist (and/or anti-western-anti-white-male) diarrhea everywhere.

It was good, and a breath of fresh air in western media, but way too fucking much liberal bullshit and hollywood tropes in them.

I'm fucking sick of it.

only three episodes have any sort of political message

Virtually every episode has liberal subtext you neanderthal.

explain how

despite some incel ruining the threads with his autistic breakdown, they werer good threads.

>Watching an anthology
>Dropping it because muh first episode
That's kinda retarded, amigo.

Attached: 155377786564.jpg (180x280, 14K)

Well, they loved the Yogurt...

Attached: 87b77de7984ecfa0861dcc7e266332b3061ba0fb0dcab25fbf21c15a2fa07510.png (683x705, 380K)

Explain, please.

My favorites
Wish there were more
>Sonnie-s-Edge
>Shape-Shifters
>Secret-War
>Lucky-13
>Blind-Spot
>Suits

hey does the cat die in this? i don't like stuff where they brutally kill cats for shock value

Were the werewolves brothers or lovers?

No.

In what way? The actual animation? The writing?

They were close friends.

Good Hunt was sweet as fuck, would totally see a whole series of it

If it means anything, I didn't like the first two shorts at all. But then the next few were interesting and it was enough to convince me to finish the series. But yeah Sonnie's edge is one of the weakest ones.

Well it does imply that humanity is going to die slow and full of suffering with it gone.

robot sans haha

Attached: robot sans.jpg (1200x604, 84K)

>this thread

Attached: screenshot co pink panther.png (646x308, 129K)

holy crap, Louise!

Because one good episode doesn't make up for 12 others that don't even have anything to do with robots.

Jesus dude, it's a joke short, chill the fuck out.

Attached: Z7HeRxU.png (512x512, 361K)

Not gonna lie, I would watch the fuck out of a show that was Three Robots and Suits.

The part of the lesbians really made my eyes roll. It shows the creators don't trust their stories to be compelling on their own, there must be sex because 'lol adult media' they also need to force 2 terrible stereotypes with no point in this story, that hard females are lesbians and that lesbians are just horny creatures that will have sex with anything that moves before even knowing it's name. Fuck this one

someone's fucking reaching.
And regardless, 90% of entertainment media panders to left-wing views, why the fuck are you so mad about it? Are the only movies you watch directed by Eastwood? Do you just not watch anything at all unless it's right-wing propoganda?

Reality is liberal. This makes conservacucks mad when they have to see it.

>show has a homeless man
LIBERALS WANT ME TO GIVE MY MONEY TO HOMELESS PEOPLE GET A JOB
>show has a gay
LIBERALS SHOVING GAY AGENDA DOWN MY THROAT
>show features a corrupt global corporation being taken down by a small mom and pop store
LIBERALS HATE BUSINESSES COMMUNISM COMMUNISM

youtube.com/watch?v=Q_5xeZV4ifE

>another Love Death and Robots thread derailed because of low-tier bait

A shame

Attached: 8FBD85B7-CEDA-4816-B45C-B5F2616011F4.png (1000x563, 200K)

Am I the only one that really liked that first episode? I liked the monster fight stuff, and I like the though of somebody having their brain put in one.

>people liking good hunting
>people calling it must watch
Jesus christ

It completely mixed its messages (nature good, tech bad...until tech is good? Also old spiritual ways are better...but worse? Also colonialism for some reason?), the animation was fucking terrible, the "characters" weren't characters, and at the end the chick goes out to brutally murder people in revenge for things they had nothing to do with.

There were also a lot of really stupid things that bring up tons of questions like "why did they give her a robot head that looks human if his fetish was robots" or "why did she need to whore herself out so thoroughly when this guy is clearly a friend" or "why did the animation team draw a pussy on a furry child"

At least Zima Blue had a decent premise that people can pretend was properly explored but Good Hunting was garbage through and through

Attached: i-came-here-to-laugh-at-you-19294763.png (500x522, 113K)

Ok, to be fair, I guess it was 1/3 of it, not 1/2 of it that was pushing the toxic-feminism/anti-white/anti-male agenda.

And to be clear, female astronauts, black-female pilots, and even cigar-smoking-mech-piloting-tough-old-ladies are not necessarily a "liberal agenda".

That said, if you believe that reality is homeless-gay-mom-&-pops taking down mega corporations, you must live somewhere between Haight-Ashbury and The Castro in 'ol San Fran.

And yes that is sarcasm, but your comments () do show that your experience is limited to some liberal bastion (perhaps college).

Truthfully, the biggest issue is that the liberal agendas feel forced in these--really pushed and in your face. If you agree with said liberal agendas, of course, it wont feel forced to you, but for everyone else who is not in lock-step with that mentality, it can get REALLY tiresome, and often those people tune into other things.

The phrase "Get Woke, Go Broke" exists for a reason.

Have you considered that people just want to have sex with the succubus fox spirit

You've got a marble statue on your shoulder

Let's be real.

Idiots just liked seeing a few seconds of furry fox vag, and now feel they have to defend this drek at art with a deep message, because otherwise, they were just bog 'ol pervs.

I--I think you were trying to make a "chip on the shoulder" joke, but it fell flat.

Homeless people and gay people really do exist, user. They aren't just made up for the storybooks.

Less of a joke and more you've got massive personal issues

uh huh....

Attached: image.jpg (552x414, 31K)

Ah, so since you can't actually rebut anything, you just try to make a vague personal attack, call names, or toss out insults.

Your feminist overloads in college have taught you well.

>don't try to turn me into a vague insult, I'm a person!
>I don't have issues with women
>your feminists overlords in college
Do you see where you're going off-course, here?

cool foreshadowed twist, though.

Attached: a link.jpg (1920x1080, 751K)

It shouldn't have been so obvious that she felt pain and the other guy didn't. Ruined the whole idea of a twist to begin with

Who could resist this incredibly detailed and well-rendered and totally not fucked up and off center face

Attached: DERP.png (844x617, 542K)

>unironically using 2012 memes
This says a lot about the bubble you live in

Attached: 1545084139461.jpg (383x400, 40K)

No, but I see how you are trying to troll-stroll this off the path and into the mud.

Like I said: Women ≠ feminism. Women ≠ liberal agendas. Even gays, or anti corporate sentiment ≠ liberal agendas--But the poor (heavy handed) way things are written in the majority of this anthology, does.

Right right, gotta keep up with them youngin's

I just got Netflix again recently, I'm watching them once a day, I don't want to spoil myself from you bingeing fuckers

>But the poor (heavy handed) way things are written in the majority of this anthology
The writing of the vast majority of the anthology is indeed poor, though I doubt in the ways you'd attest.

Of course I can't evaluate that because you've yet to actually say a single thing of consequence - you've asserted that the liberal agenda feels force but you've forgotten to mention what liberal agenda, where, and how.

This is grade 5 writing stuff, buddy, support your assertions.

The noses in this one stood out like a sore thumb.

Their features slid around on their faces like fucking fridge magnets

So many frames in service of such awful keys.

I am 100% certain you're a virgin.
Unironically, have sex.

The whole point of the show is that everybody has wildly different opinions and taste so it's worth watching it all to determine what you like the most as compared to others.

Zima Blue must see however.

Cool dude.

Unfortunately you've yet to actually say a single thing of consequence.

That’s an odd way to go about watching shorts that are mostly 10 minutes long, but you do you

Except most of them push only one opinion--the liberal opinion.

>literally "I know you are but what am I"
I may have overestimated you when I expected a grade 5 education

I just assumed they were using a more sophisticated control method where she was jumping into the body temporarily

Just giving back what your intellectual prowess was able to muster to give to me. :P

You set your own value. I just went with the level you picked.

It's great animation offset by aggressively mediocre, juvenile writing.
It was just the new trendy Netflix thing like Bird Box that everyone has to talk about for a few days and then forget about it

Apparently in the original short story she genuinely cared for everyone. I wish that episode had an extra 5 minutes.

Personally, I could've done without all the penis shots through out the series.

It's a liberal thing

the only one that troubled me was watching drac's bits get blasted

I dont get it

hard penises or soft mushy penises?

Flaccid.

the on-screen are all soft

They dont need human thumbs to open up their cat food, the human race was fucked

Ive seen so many people say that and its making me wonder if they know what an anthology series is.

3 episodes out of 12 would be 1/4th, not 1/3rd

most of them don't have any sort of political opinion. Unless you're one of those weirdos who thinks killing Hitler is a liberal opinion.

every episode is a completely different thing made by different people unrelated to everything else

Why do they all promote the same sort of subtext and subliminal messaging then?

It has good animation, so we don't talk about it. If it was done in CalArts style, Yea Forums wouldn't fucking shut up about it.

WHAT IS THE SUBTEXT
WHAT IS THE SUBLIMINAL MESSAGING
YOU REFUSE TO ANSWER EVERY SINGLE TIME

barely any cute waifus to fuck
thats why nobody cared

there's a cute waifu in almost every episode, sometimes more than one. You just have to be into weird robot girls and cyberpunk chicks sometimes

Hmm, you know I hadn't really noticed they're that short. I blame my internet ADD, I end up pausing shows and doing something else and watching them in bits.

Mega?

>in revenge for things they had nothing to do with.
They were 2 seconds away from raping that girl. Plus they're white so they deserve death regardless.

Undertale.

This seems like a pretty good anthology series so far. I loved zima blue and suits
That sex scene in beyond the aquila rift is one of the stupidest fucking things I've ever seen in my entire life though, I get that it's supposed to be heavy metal but it went full retard when he fucked her up against the window. Plus the rest of the short was really predictable imo, only reason it's successful among redditors is because wooh scary or something

Attached: 1519396161531.png (720x540, 598K)

I bet he facefucked that spoider, and slurped it's cranial goo.

As much as I dislike Aquila Rift in general, I think the shot where they reveal what the fuck monster actually looks like was really well done and one of the best shots from a film making standpoint in the entire anthology

You've never fucked someone up against a window?

Maybe he’s been living in the shadows.

They were a nice anthology of short sci-fi stories, of which the world could certainly use more of them. The very nature of the genre, regardless of the medium (book/film/radio...) means the stories are very hit or miss

I think they were very welcome indeed. And I like grindhouse aesthetics so, yay skin and viscera

That pyramid bot.... so hot.

Colonial period only barely ended, and it's arguably in some places. The most relevant to the story dealt with Hong Kong, and the political/cultural fall out of that is still quite relevant today.

I forgot it was 12. I thought it was 9.

Thinking back, I guess you are right.

It just that stuff like Sonnie's Edge with it's hamfisted feminism + evil rich white male, and Three Robots with "hurrr durr should have done the Green New Deal", and Good Hunting with "White man baaaaaad", and The Dump with "Corporations baaaaaad", it kinda leaves an impression that is less than good.

I think maybe not watching them all in one sitting might be advisable.

dude... putting what if hitler died on any spot other than the bottom is a bad call. short was atrocious. You should replace it with literally anything

steam punk magic is some how just the worst. Need dwarfs insulting everyone.

youtube.com/watch?v=KjHclWPVij0

Attached: 1551240499724.jpg (1000x563, 168K)

You finally fucking committed to a real opinion. Now we can evaluate.
>sonnie's edge is feminism
Her story is a red herring and you completely fucking missed it. Her edge isn't feminist rage it's fear of death. This is literally spelled out for you
>but muh evil guy!
There's an evil girl too.

>but but the robot one has nonspecific environmental destruction!
Pollution isn't a fucking liberal conspiracy

>good hunting is white man bad
Good Hunting is total shit, but the word you're looking for is "anti-colonial" and it's got dick to do with race

>the dump is anti-business
Nigger you are fucking retarded

Thanks for playing, it only took you eight goddamned hours to fail to make any coherent point.

Gotta admire the dedication and work ethic of that stripper to take a break from runnng for her life to attend work.

This guy right here.

No dude, Sonnie's edge is poorly written, and the reveal does not make up for the feminism and the evil rich white male, nor does the evil rich white male having a female sidekick.

It's like you want to ignore the elements of the presentation that make it liberal tripe to just desperately cling to some hope that someone else reading this will agree with you.

The way Three Robots presents the enviro-destruction is what makes it lib-junk.

Anti-Colonial is such a joke. Unless the US or UK starts taking over countries again, I am sick of using things that more primitive humans did, which were perfectly fine for where we were in our evolution 150 years ago, to try to make some anti-white (anti-male, anti-western) propaganda in 2019 (currrent year).

The dump was "kill the evil land inspector to hinder development"

God, could you please not pathetically attempt to argue again?

You have not point, so all you can do it try to whimper at mine, shake your little fists, and try to scream to the high heavens that they are not really there.

Based on the advertising it seems like the sorta thing that just jerks off the same old sci-fi tropes of
>advancing technology too much is a bad thing
>the future is awful and everything is shit
>gobernment bad
>capitalism bad
>robots are inherently evil and will rebel against their code
or
>robots with AI have an inherent "humanity" and are abused by humans/corporations because they don't give a shit
And so on.
Pessimistic sci-fi is one of the most overexposed genres besides capeshit.
That being said, I'm only assuming that's what it'll be about because I haven't done any research and that just seems statistically likely. I'd like to be proven wrong and will probably watch it at some point but I'm not going out of my way for standard-looking sci-fi trying to pander to a broad market by being cool and edgy.

What an odd thing to say

He literally put it on his #1 worst spot, what more do you want?

Wow, look out. We got a real internet badass around here.

Bet they really love you at the MAGA rallies

It's a grapeshot of different stories, there's a couple that fit the bill for what you've described, but I feel overall there were more that broke those molds and told an interesting story,

I miss when Yea Forums was love.

Now practically all of Yea Forums is infested with political fucktards who think everything that disagrees with their world view is a feminist anti-white conspiracy by the gay agenda to brain wash children into sucking dick at a pizza parlor.

It’s really more of a “love, death or robots: pick 2-3” scenario.
The werewolf one isn’t even cyberpunk it’s just set in the present day; just love and death, no robots

Well that's good to hear. I might even watch it tonight now that it's back in my head, I've got nothing better to do.

Anti white is just the rest of the world in its evolution and they're perfectly right to take that course

Actually, you got a guy with a job here kid. I need to get to sleep.

I just check back because I forgot to close this window earlier.

Enjoy jerking it to leftist cartoons until dawn.

Good night.

Then anything done to stop them by whites would also be acceptable if your standard is to be believed.

My top 3

>Three Robots
>Lucky 13
>Zima Blue

Bottom 3

>The Witness
Great animation but shit plot

>Sucker of Souls
Neat concept, shit dialogue and plot

>Helping Hand
Gravity but with gore and shitty irish accents

Anti whites are all retards whos master plan after killing all the white people involves being literal slaves for jews or being chemically castrated and put into camps by the chinese

>Shitty Irish accents
>The actress is literally Irish

Complaining about politics in a genre that is almost completely dominated by works with political themes and messages.

Genius.

Jews are white though

I watched the first 4. They were all pretty good.

The man hating lesbians in the first one were pretty lame, but the concept of the short itself was pretty cool.

Sonnies Edge, Three Robots and Suits were all things I could totally see working as a standalone series or movie.

Attached: medabeeeeee.jpg (508x800, 378K)

no one is complaining it has politics people are just saying the politics in it are retarded hollywood pedophile mainstream shit

People are absolutely complaining about politics to the point of making up agendas just to cry about them, like the guy ITT that somehow interprets a silly story about a hobo with a freaky dumpster-pet as an insidious "#KillAllCapitalists" propaganda

>all those /pol/ buzzwords
You need to go back

>Hollywood and pedophile are buzzwords

lol its been an open secret for 40 plus years that they all fuck kids

I like how most people don't know that these episodes are actually based on short stories and novellas.

You're a fucking slowpoke.

>No dude, Sonnie's edge is poorly written
Nah, they made some bad choices with their man vs woman thing going on that wasn't present in the original story but it's still good.

>we want to make cool animated shorts for grown ups, but how do we make these mature and be taken seriously?

>lol dude just throw in constant nudity

Attached: wesleyshirt.jpg (328x342, 24K)

I'm watching this right now and it's pretty good, just finished the one with the mechanical fox spirit. I feel like the flag at the end was laying it a little thick though.

I loved that the aliens were just blatantly Tyranids

I also just watched the first three episodes. For whatever reason it showed Three Robots before Sonnie's Edge, but that was probably for the best because Three Robots was pretty good and Sonnie's Edge was pretty much the most stereotypical grrl-power-beats-evil-rich-white-dude message I've seen, albeit mixed with a pretty good concept, but pretty much every story element was hyperpredictable. Girl fights in competition, rich snob thinks she can't do it because girl, she wins, meets with rich snob's sidekick and they randomly start making out and it's totally not a trap or anything, and obviously they're gonna have the bad guys get their retribution. Also the audio mixing was awful, I had to turn my volume way up to hear them at all, compared to pretty much every other sound effect.
The Witness is dogshit. A bunch of pretentious attempts at art (I can only presume that's what they were attempting and not actually trying to be sexy or provide any message since it kicks off with "WANNA SEE SOME PUSSY?", which I was certain was supposed to highlight this character as a whacky comic relief but then we go right into unironic "art" nudity). Oh also it's whacky groundhog day shenanigans, who cares, we've seen this shit before.
I probably would've given up on the whole thing if it wasn't followed by Suits; seeing Sonnie's Edge and The Witness one after another made me forget that this was supposed to be about futuristic shit. Suits was great; nothing super deep, but after the Witness' attempt at being deep I don't mind something just trying to be what it is. Also a little cliche, but it works.

tl;dr I'm glad I accidentally saw Three Robots first because Sonnie's Edge is repulsively predictable, but at the same time it puts you in an irritated mindset for The Witness which is even worse since it doesn't even have a unique idea for its base and mostly just relies on nudity and very rare peeks of nice animation. Suits is great. It gets a 5/10 so far.

First four episodes. Shit.

Where the fuck do you think you are.

I think Netflix gives it to you in one of 4 random orders.
Which I think is kind of silly.

>bitch and moan cartoons for children don't have enough vagoo and panos
>kids cartoon finally have fuk
>bitch and moan

>rich snob thinks she can't do it because girl,
He was literally begging her to lose

>I-I have a job!
Sure you do, that's why you can spend 12 straight hours failing to convince anyone that you're not a loser with a massive chip on his shoulder

On one of the few boards that still has a bit of resistance to /pol/'s retarded shit

Hahahahaha. Tell that to all the seething incels that go to town on any media with a female lead

Pretty sure that's /toy/

>so since you can't actually rebut anything
Dozens of people have and you ignore them to double down on the hyperbolic hate boner.

>Sucker of Souls
s'alright, but it didn't really have anything futuristic in it. Didn't do anything especially good, didn't do anything bad, wasn't relevant.

They aren’t all futuristic, sometimes there’s just one of the three things.
In this cast just Death.

Ah. That explains why there hasn't really been any love in them yet. Except for Sonnie's Edge technically but I'm not counting that as love for obvious reasons.

The title is just nonsense they slapped on an unthemed collection

>When the Yogurt took over
I feel like these shorts are getting more and more out of place, this one just feels so random. Just kind of a dumb hypothetical that doesn't have any implications. Hyperintelligent yogurt is made, takes over Earth, leaves Earth. At least it's not generic, I guess, but it's also literally nothing but a single-sentence idea that only extremely vaguely relates to the topic because, I guess, there's a time skip in it, and the yogurt goes to space, which is a futuristic thing. Dumb.

Wow. That really went over your head. Y'know that's the beauty of an anthology, don't like one, skip over it. But you clearly missed 99.9% of that episode.

At least the strange one note ones are really short.
Alternate Histories is also like that

Yeah, it was really short. It's not like it bothered me, it just felt out of place compared to every other piece I've seen so far. I guess calling it dumb is a bit much, just oddly "light".

It's not all they have and it helps break the perception of cartoons as being for kids harder than anything else could so that people will actually watch it.

>Beyond the Aquila Rift
The middle is super fucking slow, but ultimately I really like the idea. The fake-out of what Greta actually is appearing as a busty alien and actually being a completely alien being was worth a chuckle. All of the visuals of the last part were stellar. Definitely worth sitting through the middle of.

I'd continue my reviewing of episodes but it's like 5 AM and Good Hunting is up next which people seem to like so I'm gonna just go to bed and watch it tomorrow.
I dunno why I'm telling you all this but I'm glad I decided to watch this shit. Gnight.

They had to make her a lesbian because it wouldn't have made much sense for the old booky to seduce her.
But yeah their is all sorts of stuff, there is sure to be something you like.

Because it isn't the best by far. There are like 3 good episodes and the rest is mediocre to complete and utter shit.

At first I thought you were shit-talking for the sake of shit-talking but I'm really tired of getting dicks thrown in my face.

>doesn't make up for feminism
Thank you for signalling your opinion is less than worthless so early in your post.

there's been MULTITUDES of threads across Yea Forums, Yea Forums, and /m/.

Get your shit together, OP.

it's actually 18

why are you all replying to this ONE thin-skinned retard who thinks that female leads = SHOVING FEMINISM DOWN MUH THROAT

Attached: 1530501170962.jpg (418x887, 156K)

Episode about asian hooker is what SM Into the spidervierse supposed to look like.
Actually decent comic animation with nice coloring, not 15 fps, acid vomit and ugly characters.

Does fuss imply discussion or just shitposting and being angry?

Why did they put their underwear back on after the sex scene in the thrown off course one.
Usually it's to avoid showing genitals but that's obviously not a problem here.

>/m/
Do robots count as mechs? I thought only suits would be relevant there.

it SUCKED

Since you don’t really see genitals at all it’s likely they didn’t feel like rendering them

There was the one with the farmers in the mechs fighting tyranids

Actually were there any vaginas in any of the cgi stories or only the 2d animated ones.

Rendering costs money

>liberal
lol you guys don't know, huh? do you get your, let's call them "news", all from one place?
it's not that hot with the "liberals" either, and here's a hint, most of the people behind a lot of the shorts really have a huge chip on their shoulders regarding women

The "Suits" episode just made me miss classic Stracraft, when the Terrans were just redneck hillbillys in space.

youtube.com/watch?v=9eflKzcEbLk

Attached: ZERGRUSHKEKEKEKE.jpg (1600x1035, 596K)

let's see some reaction memes

Attached: ldr.jpg (1428x2046, 302K)

The guy mentioned mysterious disagreements that made Sony fire him from the movie, wonder what could they possibly have been about to get such an outcome

Help me understand the first one with the mutant fighting league. Im a brainlet.

So her mind was in the monster, but was she literally the monster that attained self awareness, or was she a human mind that got put in there? Was all that shit about being cut up and raped be "evil rich white men" implying that she was an experiment of some kind?

human brain was put in the monster because her original human body was fucked too hard

she was a human mind that got put in the monster after her original mind got gang-raped to almost-death

I want a Werewolves episode with ISIS occupation of USA where a hero rips apart blind american grandpa and his young werewolf grandkid to avenge his ISIS buddy and it plays triumphant music in the end.

Because it's hilarious how they go british colonization baad then go straight to the americans shooting afghans in their own village and portraying it as something just.
Pick one you faggots. Or do you dislike colonialism only when others do it?

After a truck accident, not a gang rape.

The rape was a lie

only in the book, the rape was real in animated short

Shut up retard.

m8 all the shorts are made by different people

No, it's not stated as explicitly but they still present the rape story as fake in the short

she literally says in the short how her 2 butt buddies put her brain into the monster after the gang was done fucking her up

Attached: thumbs.jpg (1071x1534, 304K)

It kinda irritates me that there are hundreds of great sci-fi short stories but it's 95% boring bs.
In the end only Aquila Rift was worth watching because it was actually interesting, the rest is forgettable.
Zuma blue is great aesthetically but was pretty meh as a story if you remove the art.

(You)

Wow, congrats on your shit opinions my man

>most of the people behind a lot of the shorts really have a huge chip on their shoulders regarding women
Sounds like bullshit, care to elaborate?

Sorry, I just really like cats and when nothing bad happens to them.

Attached: kitty.jpg (1920x1080, 602K)

LIVING

Based toy soldiers

Aquila rift was my favorite short.
I may be a monster fucker, but even I don't want to stick my dick anywhere near that
I'd just thank her for trying her best to help me in a rough situation, and spend time with her getting to know her

Attached: beyond the aquila rift.webm (800x784, 2.28M)

>ha it's actually a hot girl
>OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I was thinking the same thing at first
"Oh shit this weird alien chick has big tit-OH NOOO, WHAT'S LEAKING OUT OF HER"
Honestly though, just getting to know her and asking to tweak the simulation to your specific fetishes would be incredible though.

Attached: aquila rift.jpg (1920x1080, 467K)

Okay. That's a fucking KINO shot

Needed more fox girl cunny. Aging her was a mistake

He made an extensive PennyxGwen sex scene that lasts for 78 minutes?!

>The most relevant to the story dealt with Hong Kong, and the political/cultural fall out of that is still quite relevant today.
Hong Kong arguably made out much better than the mainland did, all things considered.

Attached: murpo_styrobridge01[1].jpg (360x500, 42K)

Wouldn't a vagina render faster than a penis.

and just avoiding showing anything down there altogether renders even faster

Is the
>LMAO CLIMATE CHANGE ISN'T REAL
meme still happening?

Was the weird spider monster creature evil or not?
I got from it that it was basically luring people into its den to feed on them or something.

Someone overdosed on their "SJW owned compilation" again

it seems to just take in ships that get bamboozled by the Mass Effect gate AI, and puts them into the Matrix so they don't eat their own faces because they're being driven insane by THE SPACE SPIDERS

or maybe it's a big fuckin' liar and just eats them

That's really the big problem with binge dropping shows. They almost always fall out of culture immediately. There's a lot to be said and a lot of attachment you can get out of a show when and BECAUSE it becomes a weekly tradition rather than something you waste a weekend or sick day on and then forget about in time for the next big thing

The original story makes it clearer that she does actually care.
The Aquila Rift is as far as ftl travel can go, so going Beyond The Aquila Rift is basically stranding yourself outside the known universe.

It was just a SPACE SPIDER that felt sympathy for these fucked-over humans.

Why she decided to fuck them and why she decided to go with "you're trapped at the edge of space" instead of "welcome back to earth, everything's fine!" we'll never know

The thought that came to my mind was that the thing fed on fear or some such. So it kept creating scenarios over and over again in someone's mind where they'd be terrified.

Ah - I never heard of the original story.
Still, that's sweet of her. He. It. Whatever. Point is that's a very kind gesture.

presumably faking Earth with your entire family and friend circle is harder than faking a space station with one person you know

Also his friends are dead because they painted their pods.
that clogs the intakes and while that's not a problem for normal travel, it means they can't function for the months long trip they took.

Attached: pod.jpg (1920x1080, 603K)

Holy shit.
Thanks for pointing that out I never would have caught that.

Now that I've seen 'em all I can give my opinions in one fell swoop.
>Sonnie's Edge
Boring and predictable the entire way through. The idea isn't that great; it's an okay idea, but it doesn't carry a standard, bland grrl-power plot.
>Three Robots
Pretty good slice-of-life-esque thing. I'd love this series if it was all just slice-of-life things like this.
>The Witness
The worst one. Easily. The animation is kinda interesting at points but is overshadowed by extremely forced "artistic" nudity.
>Suits
One of the best, for sure. Great design all around, obvious nod to starcraft with a fun twist.
>Sucker of Souls
Nothing really special, but it didn't do anything bad and the action was entertaining enough, though that's all there was to it.
>When the Yogurt Took Over
It's short enough that it doesn't overstay its welcome. It's a decent enough little hypothetical to be a little short.
>Beyond the Aquila Rift
It gets a little too slow and chatty around the middle, but the ending/general mystery more than makes up for it.
>Good Hunting
Starts out as an interesting premise but steampunk always feels dumb and forced to me, and the "FIGHT THOSE EVIL WHITE DEVIL MEN" message was a bit grating. Also the nudity felt a bit gratuitous in this one. Ultimately, though, my reasons for disliking it are pretty subjective so I can understand why people would like it. It's just not my cup of tea.
>The Dump
Fucking stellar animation on this one. Raggedy old hobo man and his friend are fun characters. Definitely in my "must sees" of this series.
>Shape-Shifters
I feel like it relied way too much on the "UNGA BUNGA ME NOT LIKE YOU BECAUSE YOU DIFFERENT" angle. Maybe if this took place in a pre-2000s military or something but in modern times that just seems out of place. The werewolf guys were likeable enough though. I'd give it a solid "It's okay I guess".
>Helping Hand
Gravity but with a more clever solution, although it made me wince pretty bad but that's sorta the goal. It's alright.
1/2

>Maybe if this took place in a pre-2000s military or something but in modern times that just seems out of place
Despite what you may have heard, the military and the people in it aren't terribly more accepting now than they were 20 or 30 years ago. Very little has changed. It doesn't matter if you're white, black, or hispanic. Not sure why you would think otherwise or why you would think it would have changed recently.

Ehhh, I guess, but considering they give them a tactical advantage, even if he fucked up, it feels weird that they'd treat them like shit since they could always just leave. The dumb bully types in the mess hall? Sure, but the guy in charge? That makes no sense.
All that aside, it's just a tired trope and I'm really finnicky about stories that use samey plot points that've already been done before.

And you’re basing that off what experience? I was in the military, and I never once witnessed any overt racism. You’re there to do a job. You don’t have time for that bullshit, which just breaks down cohesion and gums up the works.

>it feels weird that they'd treat them like shit since they could always just leave
I don't think the army's keen on desertion.

Am I the only person that felt like this was just one big animated Trailer for a tower defense Mobile game?

Beyond Aquila Rift was the fucking best though, the aesthetic of the ending is my shit and i loved it

Ok. Doesn't sound unbelievable.
Simple question:
Is that a new attitude in the army or has it been that way for a while?

>Fish Night
Really weird. Probably the most random core idea of the shorts, but it was still enjoyable. The ending felt really weird and tacked on, I was fully expecting it to just be a dream sequence but it just ended. Maybe that was the point? If so, good on them. But ultimately it felt like build-up to showing off some neat glowing fish.
>Lucky 13
Pretty good story, but I feel like the animation at times was a bit poor; maybe it's just me, but it felt like an actor in a green screen when she's in the cockpit, even though it's fully animated. I dunno how to describe it. Other than that it was alright, I enjoy how the machine having a personality wasn't really an overt fact and just sort of a mysterious, almost superstitious sort of thing.
>Zima Blue
I can see why everyone hyped this up. Interesting artstyle, great story, even if they sorta skimp on why exactly he was organic at some point before turning into a cyborg. Definitely one of the best.
>Blindspot
The fact that they were saved is kinda obvious since it'd be weird for them to be so casual about a heist that'd easily get them killed. This is another one that just sorta exists to show off the action, but yeah it was alright in terms of a dumb action short.
>Ice Age
Simpsons did it. South Park did it. Old idea with nothing new to it, also 90% live action. Boring.
>Alternate Histories
Now that I'm thinking about it, Alternate Histories ties with The Witness for the worst one. The absolutely most surface level garbage you could imagine when you think "short sci-fi story". Literally no effort in the artstyle, concept, or execution.
>Secret War
Felt kinda generic to me, it didn't really get interesting until the last quarter. Feels like a really weak episode to go out on.

All in all I'd say it was worth watching, I guess. There was a pretty sharp mix of "really good" and "really bad". I'll watch the second season if that's a thing they're doing, I haven't done any research so I dunno.

Yeah but he's also a superpowerful werewolf who takes bullets like BB darts; the only threat to them is other werewolves.

I would hope the army is forward thinking enough to carry a few boxes of silver bullets just in case

>the witness
>worst one
In the garbage it goes

>Yeah but he's also a superpowerful werewolf who takes bullets like BB darts
He got shot in the leg and while it didn't kill him, it certainly wounded him. He may take them better than a regular soldier and can heal much faster, but that doesn't make him immune to a bullet to the brain.
Not to mention the various other fun toys at the army's disposal.

What on earth could you possibly find redeeming about The Witness? Do you have a crush on the main girl? The artstyle's good when it's not jerking itself off to how artsy it is, but the premise is some bare-bones sci-fi shit with no explanation at all.

Alright, fair enough, but regardless, the military isn't gonna trip over itself to talk shit to their secret weapon because he's "different".

>Neat cartoon about the red army fighting demons
>the red army speaks english

Attached: zhukov.webm (1280x688, 1.8M)