A 30 year old woman makes a cartoon

>a 30 year old woman makes a cartoon
>cartoon ends up having generic magic-girl tropes
>"my biggest source of inspiration was Sailor Moon"
Why is every female cartoon showrunner like this?

Attached: three-toed-sloths_thumb.jpg (2048x2048, 700K)

"girl power"

Because it was the first mainstream animated thing they would've been exposed to that was female created and largely about women?

Illusion of uniqueness. men used to have the same problem with LOTR and star wars before the movies and extra trilogies made them mainstream

You're unironically asking this on a board where grown men argue about Superman versus Goku?

I'm going to honest with you guys, I fucking hate Sailor Moon.

I have not seen that kind of thread in years

This

The overuse of the same final attack animation really turned me off as a kid no matter how much implied nudity the transformation scenes had

Wasn't Star Wars a blockbuster and multimedia giant? I doubt anyone felt they were unique for liking it, just annoyed when some faggot mocked them for it

I feel you, never understood why it was so loved.

They think they're gonna be the next Clamp, but they're just cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup.

Based, femanon here, tried to read the manga Usagi was insufferable dumb whiney bitch.

It was the first (or one of the first) girl-centric anime to reach the west

This. They latched onto it because, back in the 90s, it was really the only thing for girls that actually respected their intelligence and was well written and drawn

Hentai you faggots

Then you haven't been paying attention.

id like know what modern american men would make in cartoons

arent they so soi-based like that thundercats as well. the creators a man.

Most shows are made by men, and your post reads like you had a stroke

But to answer your question, DBZ meets The Simpsons

Watch Silent Mobius, Angel Cop, or GunBuster. Way better than Sailor Moon.

>Silent Mobius
Literally the Tim Buckley of anime, right behind Betterman. Every other episode was just boring dialogue and exposition, and then some dumb crap happens at the end, and then it ends.

Devil hunter Yoko or Ghost Sweeper Mikami? Bubble Gun Crisis (80's)?

Sakura Cardcaptor was kino

transformation sequels and always fun new looking design for every one episode villain.

Because Sailor Moon was the only good girl anime cat acquired some mainstream appeal

>Sailor Moon when Utena is the vastly superior /girlkino/
Plebs

Not magic knight Rayearth or A-Ko? Do you even Dirty Pair or Cats Eyes?

>Superior
>A paper thin plot which shits the bed in the final act
>Visuals for the sake of visuals that can be so distracting they can obfuscate the point of an entire episode
>Stock footage

Nah, dude.

Attached: hqdefault (2).jpg (480x360, 18K)

It was. Same with LOTR, it was literally the second best-selling book series of the 20th Century after the fucking Bible. That user couldn't have used worse examples.

Fucking casual

>someone who grows up on specific cartoon gets to make their own cartoon
>the source of inspiration is that cartoon they loved as a kid
STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES

Attached: 1306952133610.jpg (300x228, 43K)

i dont think modern american men can write a good story. a prime example of that is comicsgators comics. they are boring and cringy as shit.

I had friends who would hate Miaka from Fushigi Yuugi but Usagi seems like exactly the same shit. I never got the appeal because it just seemed like you were supposed to empathize with this dumb blonde bitch and her boyfriend.

because it's awesome and because we had to sit through the 00s with like zero GOOD anime influence, only shit like Kappa Mikey and Xiaolin Showdown and shit.

now sure, these 30 year old women today are not running a good show because the studios basically give them too much and not enough freedom at the same time

Same reason we keep referencing capeshit and shonen.

Attached: 1553065970698.jpg (630x1200, 76K)

>female creator cites the most widely known shojo franchise as inspiration
You think?
Next you'll tell me someone who does a space adventure would mention being a fan of Cowboy Bebop.

None of those are Shoujo or Magical Girl.

Watch Pretty Cure. Plus those listed anime are good.

So is Bartender, but that doesn't make it an influential mahou shoujo.