When Shazam gets a better movie than you

>when Shazam gets a better movie than you

Attached: GD5EwdU3_400x400.jpg (256x256, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2019/film/box-office/box-office-shazam-opening-weekend-1203182576/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>when you don’t even get to be in the better movie as a faceless cameo

>when Shazam is a better character than you

Attached: This.jpg (500x283, 30K)

>when all the evidence of the last few DC movies opening weekends indicate that your movie will be the one to kill the entire franchise for the next decade

Attached: D3emSY-XsAAn-TQ.jpg (662x764, 82K)

>when people ideolize a movie as shitty as yours but you are still the one to get the hate

i just want muh superman to get a gopd movie, is that too much to ask?

>is that too much to ask?
Yes

Yeah.
Partly, they are forcing themselves to do tea ups, even though they weren't ready for it.
Then they are basically run by focus groups instead of human inspiration.

What character? There were characters in Snyder's movies? I didn't see anything other than set pieces that do stupid shit just to get to the next action/symbolism scene.

Welp, time to sue for copyright infringement

>Bendis ripping your comic history a new one (your planet didn't explode. I, Bendis Villain OC murdered your world)
>Shazam gets a better movie than you
>No solo games since Superman 64
>for over 30 years, people liked Batman more than you

Attached: lr17qc62myxy.jpg (800x474, 267K)

Superman would be happy for Billy. He would tell him that he is proud of all the good he is doing and that he hopes to have a movie as good as his someday.

Shame Shazam utterly bombed though

It didn't, is doing better than Spider-Verse with the same budget.

The opening doesn't mean much when you go on earn a billion dollars

He's had two

Sadly most capeshit readers want their edgelords and not boy scouts unless it totally wrecks character.

Then again, DC isn't doing Supes any favors.

Which one are you assuming is going to make a billion?

Well he said the last few openings and then Aquaman made a billion

Finally fawcett got justice. Fuck Dc

Aquaman was already at $700 million by the time it hit the US

Without that it would have bombed hard

I think Man of Steel is great, get fucked nerds

Why did WB and DC Comics do Superman so dirty, bros? It's over forty years since Superman the Movie, a great film, *accidentally* chained Superman to an eternal past-his-time boy scout persona, and then it's been over thirty since The Dark Knight Returns pushed Batman as the best superhero ever over his expense.

I miss the idea of Superman having fire in his belly to fight off corrupt rich people and domestic abusers/racists/the like, and larger-than-life stuff like Miracle Monday for inspiration. Instead he's still pigeonholed as old-fashioned and hokey all this time in pop culture.

>Aquaman would have bombed if it didn't make all that money

Attached: 1544930095939.png (483x470, 216K)

God you're fucking retarded

If Aquaman was released day and date like Shazam or would have bombed. Can your tiny fucking DC retard brain really not figure out something that simple?

It's always "x vs. y" for you clapistanis. I love both movies, how about that? MoS is the perfect epic movie for me while Shazam was an awesome mix between comedy and seriousness. Both are now among my favourite cape movies along with Iron Man 1, Winter Soldier, TDK, Spidey 2, and First Class

That makes no sense at all

No I imagine to your tiny fucking brain not much does

This. I just want a Superman movie that's fun and gets the optimistic, "Anything can happen if you just believe!" feel that's permeated Superman comics for decades. I want them to go full comic booky with it too.

Not the guy you quoted but you're making stupid assumptions yourself and comparing apples to oranges. Aquaman spoke to an entirely different demographic than Shazam does. Granted, Shazam gets serious at times but overall, the marketing went more toward younger audiences while Aquaman had huge mass appeal. Can't compare the two only because both are DC

No you really are just retarded. When you have such an obvious hatred nobody is going to take you seriously

>No solo games since Superman 64
One day.

Superman can't exist in the modern world with his optimistic positivity influencing the superhero genre when there's Spidey and Cap doing the same fucking thing.

So? Shazam flop so hard

>I just want a Superman movie that's fun and gets the optimistic, "Anything can happen if you just believe!"

That applies to every a list superhero. Even Batman. What's superman's hook?

But it earned already more than its budget.

>live action doing the same as an animated movie that underperformed

Yeah, it is totally not a flop m8, i suppose DC really stands for Damage Control after all.

>Meanwhile captain marvel already mde a billion dollars
Cry more incel

>ad incelum
I just stated a fact, your implications is just an asspull. I think Shazam might hit at least half a billion.
1. The opening weekend favors Captain Marvel. They made 3 times more.
2. Still need to wait for whole week to have reasonable comparison.

>when marvelfags pretend to be DC fans

Attached: -_online.png (426x240, 148K)

All these good reviews but still can't find the urge to watch Shazam

>when you searx the OP and find something so gross

Attached: Quantum and Woody v3-040.jpg (187x236, 14K)

>I think Shazam might hit at least half a billion.
Dc shills are this dumb

You know what tripfag? That's a very GOOD thing.

MoS tanked, so that Shazam could thrive. Superman sacrificed himself for the greater good and became an inspiration for people like Billy to take up the hero mantle.

Attached: 1459128890182.jpg (523x521, 20K)

>I think Shazam might hit at least half a billion.
I'm going to be realistic with you, not a hater. This isn't happening. The best it's going to see is 350M WW. I'm only telling you this so that hopefully people stop having these wild expectations

Eh, Superman's hook is that of a man sent from the heavens as a baby and raised to be the ideal American man who fights for truth, justice, and the American way, while getting into a ton of crazy comic booky adventures and fighting a bunch of colorful bad guys along the way.

I want a Superman movie where he gets to fight rogues other than Lex or Zod for once. Give me live-action, cinematic Bizarro or Mr. Mxyzptlk. Or Brainiac or Toyman. Or even someone like Lobo for a change.

I was thinking that China might provide some significant gross
oh well.

I think it is karma for that one lawsuit

He is beautiful

Shazam? Because then I agree.

I'm not sure if you know what flop or damage control means at all, first of all the fact is animation is irrelevant when Minions, Zootopia, Frozen and Despicable me and others made over one billion, several dozens of them made over 600 million, if anything the average animated movie makes more than the average live action movie.

Second is going to profit, Forbes estimate that it needs only 230 millions to cover the budget and marketing and even if you use the classic "needs 3 times it's budget to break even" is still going to surpass that easily.

Tell me, what "flop" means to you?

>easily
I don't think you know what easily means

Or how Shazam is doing overseas

I wouldn't say Shazam is a better movie than MoS. making Superman a controversial figure is what fucked them over. Batman should be that character, not Supes.

>Marvelfags shitting on the thread as usual

Can you fuckers ever fuck off

variety.com/2019/film/box-office/box-office-shazam-opening-weekend-1203182576/

>This movie would've been a huge failure if it wasn't such a success

Attached: 1459178530171.gif (290x189, 1.04M)

Supes showing up to have lunch with a diehard fan and his family was brotier. I loved that because that's the kind of thing I can easily see him taking the time for.

Attached: D3aZM4MXkAUayUb.jpg (640x300, 35K)

>mfw I was one of the kids that ate in the washroom
>Superman wasn't there for me when I needed someone to eat lunch with
What the fuck.

Jesus, could you imagine if Snyder had made the Shazam movie? I honestly shudder at the thought.

He's too busy making zombie rape movies now.

Billy's mom would have been a crack whore or something

Stop bullying Snyder, he's had a hard time.
Then again I believe Johns would see that Goyer/Snyder's tone of writing doesn't suit the Big Red Cheese.