Originally south african in the old comics

>Originally south african in the old comics
>The old animated series retcons him as scottish to avoid talking politics
>The new animated series retcons him back into a south african, who PRETENDS to be scottish

I don't want this to be a ducktales thread, but I want this to be a thread about situations where a new adaptation of a series combines two conflicting previous stories, or turns a meta-narrative into an actual narrative. I really dig storytelling devices like that.

Attached: 180px-Flintheart_Glomgold_-_DuckTales.jpg (180x257, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W1LajHsP2pg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: tumblr_inline_peutcg3dV31sxvcub_1280.jpg (1280x788, 234K)

>I don't want this to be a ducktales thread, but I want this to be a thread about situations where a new adaptation of a series combines two conflicting previous stories, or turns a meta-narrative into an actual narrative.
Well then you probably should have made that the thread title, because the first thing people are going to see is you talking about Glomgold.

Your parameters seem particularly narrow. Closest I could come up with is in the iterations of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles where Splinter is born a rat or mutated from Hamato Yoshi.

Don't fall for his bait, he's just saying that to make a ducktales thread but deny it

>Trolling to make a Ducktales thread
>On a board that he can literally just make a thread asking to talk about Ducktales
I mean user

A meta thread about a ducktales meta-narrative, makes everyone think alot

It's reverse psychology

God, I remember that MCU did this in at least one case, but I'm drawing a fucking blank now

Closest thing that comes to mind is Lola Bunny in Wabbit. They cast the first actress who voiced her to do an impression of the second actress who voiced her and it sounds weird/bad.

Attached: 1554221869480.jpg (1010x546, 138K)

It's satiation, Onions

I didn’t they bring Lola back, the second era Lola was superior anyway, so the third one is amalgamation of the previous ones?

I was watching the Phase 1 Avengers movies and the whole Phase this Phase that bullshit that Nick Fury said made me cringe a little

There's a scene in Iron Man 2 where Rhodey (just now recast) says: "yeah. Its me. I'm here now. Accept it and move on."

It feels so god damn meta, because Tony acknowledges him and the line fits the scene but also fits the first line a recast character would say after being a previously different actor.

Christ that artstyle is rough.

>Elon Musk a real thing
>not bringing back Glomgold as South African proper for the clear parallel when every media corp seems to like shitting on Musk anyway

>so the third one is amalgamation of the previous ones?
Yeah. Wabbit-Lola has Space Jam-Lola's VA but LTS-Lola's personality.

Musk is an asshole.

>Wanting Nu-Ducktales to have more modern easily dated references
God please no.

Ben 10 Omniverse and Transformers Animated were full of this kind of thing. Like how the Micheal Bay movies had the AllSpark which sorta-kinda filled the same role as the Matrix of Leadership. Transformers Animated did the most logical thing and made the Matrix of Leadership a container for the AllSpark.

quite a different design in the comics

Attached: duckipedia-govert-goudglans_kopieren-png.png (243x365, 64K)

I heard Teen Titans GO had an episode meant to address criticism the show got that it wasn't good enough.
The message of the episode was basically "no, new things are not worse than the older things, it's just your nostalgia-goggles, and you grew out of that sort of show long ago"

Did NuDucktales actually confirm he's South African?

yes, there was a scene where he was shining shoes in south africa as a child.

Beaks is more than enough for that.

Just one? TTGO is constantly shitting on its critics.

It's not just one episode, that show keeps constantly addressing its hatedom. Most of the time they're making fun of their show's flaws rather than trying to defend them, though.

Anyway, my favourites of a new adaptation mashing up bits and pieces from older works and making them work in a new way are either Batman: the Brave and the Bold, or Archie's Sonic comics. They both had a lot of moments where weird obscure old-school concepts were combined together with more recent ideas. Most of the time it was a constantly on-going reference show for the more knowledgeable fans in the audience, but BtBatB had a couple of episodes where they even directly discussed what they were doing.

Attached: superdickery episode.jpg (1696x3500, 1.2M)

There's also several episodes where the Titans are exposed to the original show and realize those Titans are so much cooler then they are.

I miss Batman Brave and the Bold. In fact I miss cartoon network having anything watchable

Attached: boyfriend cartoon.jpg (1200x800, 269K)

Brave and the Bold was too good for us.

Baxter was black in the comics, white and nerdy in the 80s show.

Musk is a weirdo

Kinda makes me think of how Scrooge was suggested to be more of a robber baron early on, then later they made him a noble guy with a code of honor. And then Don Rosa married the too by making his "robber baron" stage the low point of Scrooge's life, when Scrooge realized he'd gone too far and vowed to be a more moral person.

the gorilla thing happened twice.

Wanna hear something more impressive? The part were Batman and Superman stare at each other was used in BvS.

They never really married those concepts though.

A better example would be how the 80s show introduced the idea of white Baxter being turned into a fly, then the 2010s show made him black again & more like his comic version, but it kept the fly idea because it was too fun to pass up.

>The new animated series retcons him back into a south african, who PRETENDS to be scottish
Wait, so is he black, or Is he white?

youtube.com/watch?v=W1LajHsP2pg
She sounds like Lil from Rugrats.

TTG ended up being better than all of those other shows since it's not bogged down with relationship drama and ship teasing.

Afrikaner, a descendant from white Dutch colonists.

It's weird. It's Lola's original VA, but she isn't doing her Lola voice for the character, so she sounds wrong.

I dig that too. Especially when a particular adaptation has gone off the deep end, but someone else fixes it. like that one Brave and the Bold where alfred writes fanfic of Damian being bruce's son raised normally instead of a shitty timeshifted lost brat

That's fucking weird.

did you seriosuly not have a south africa unit in school?

Isn't that Beaks?

Another Scrooge example: the colorist for the original US printing of Life & Times gave young Scrooge tan hair-feathers. After Rosa chimed in to say he'd intended those feathers to be white, a compromise was reached when after Scrooge gets electrocuted in Chapter 4, his 'hair' stays white.

Are they going to put Rockerduck in this show?

this

The pop culture and modern day references are the worst part of the show.

Yes.

Attached: c6d.jpg (250x492, 22K)