Why does he keep getting ignored in favour of shittier alternate spider-men?

Why does he keep getting ignored in favour of shittier alternate spider-men?

Attached: 809650-spiderman2099c.jpg (873x1336, 269K)

Cyberpunk is slowly losing its appeal as it more and more bears an uncomfortable resemblance to real life.

Also, Lyla is a cutie. I hope Spider-Verse 2 has more of her.

cyberpunk resembles real life less and less as time goes on

What are his best stories?

Mother's Day

In a sense. Real life has all the awful shit, with none of the cool cybertech crap that makes it even remotely tolerable.

If we're talking about spiderverse, he's obviously the big tying thread of the sequel.

If your idea of it is "high tech corporate-run dystopia" then I say we're already there.

He hasn't had a good story since the 90's

Does he actually have any decent stories or do people just like him because all they know is that he looks cool and is from the future like I do?

No offense but 2099 have been pushed.

He got his own game
His own comic line
And he got a cameo in his own movie.
And he being reference to this day.

Attached: Elaine_Coll_(Earth-616).jpg (462x638, 60K)

with the popularity of Peni, you can be sure Miguel will get retconned out of existence and replaced with her as the new future techy spidey

Irish/Mexican is too white

hes irish? I always thought he was half nip because of the name ohara and because nips are typically associated with cyberpunk shit

>as it more and more bears an uncomfortable resemblance to real life.
but that just makes cyberpunk cooler

O'Hara is an Irish name, user.

its also a nip surname

Technically two games.

Would've been cool if he had gotten his own Batman Beyond.

Because he sells less than other spidermen You should of bought the floppies when we warned about cancellation numbers but no you and your like minded ilk were "waiting for the trade".

He got another series which is more than he probably deserved

dont worry bro
his time will come

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 49K)

Lyla is cute. CUTE!

>tfw you will never have a snarky A.I assistant in the form of a diva-esque young woman

>tfw you will never have a snarky A.I assistant in the form of a diva-esque young woman
We're closer than we've ever been, user. It could only be a couple years unless you demand a holographic representation. And even then, AR glasses/goggles are nearly ready for mass market.

Attached: alibaba-hololens-2.jpg (1200x675, 143K)

>O'hara

Based and redpilled

Real life resembles cyberpunk but without even of the cool shit that cyberpunk brings

They're going to replace Lyla with a fat black transwoman ai in the same dress.

I hate comicsgate and their incessant bullshit eunuch whining, but that is *happening*.

his father was a drunken irish security guard and his mother is a feisty latina woman

How about reading fucking comics for once, to find out?

His real father is Tyler Stone, though, so Miguel isn't even half-Irish.

Because he has no quality new material and nobody thought he can be sold to an imaginary audience

>Yea Forums
>reading comics
You must be new here.

Multiverses have been around for a long ass time but have become increasingly popular recently. Maybe both writers and audiences have just got tired of time travel stories.

His 90s run is consistently solid, peter david was on his top game in that period in general, his 90s x factor is also top tier, the only negatives of spidey 2099 is that some of the fill in artists when rick leonardi or the other good main artists weren't available weren't very good, and the 2010's revival has boring art across the whole run and a stupid suit redesign
Also damn insomniac, you updated iron spider's arms, you gotta update 2099's costume to have the cape and noir to have the coat and hat

Attached: RCO001_1469472284.jpg (1988x3056, 2.23M)

Miguel is still popular, when i went to see spiderverse i saw some people lose their shit alongside me when miguel showed up in the post credits scene, and this was in mexico

Flipside's story is my favorite

Spiderman unlimited had a crazy development history, first it was gonna adapt the first issues of amazing spiderman, then it was gonna be spiderman 2099, but then batman beyond came out and they changed the whole thing to not seem like they were copying beyond, ironic considering how much beyond took from spidey 2099 and spiderman in general

Maybe they shouldn't have taken Spider-man 2099 and put him in 2017.

How do you come to that conclusion? The /cyb/ FAQ makes solid arguments we now live in the world of Cyberpunk, just not all tech is here.

It was a flash-in-the-pan.

They made a good character but his aesthetic was only a fad.