Why didn't Strange just use the time stone to put Thanos into a loop like with Dormammu...

why didn't Strange just use the time stone to put Thanos into a loop like with Dormammu? he had nothing that could break out of that

Attached: IW108s_2048x2048.jpg (840x660, 113K)

Maybe I'm wrong but as far as i got it the loop in Dr Strange happened because he was venturing in a dimension without time, like he trapped himself and Dormammu inside a pocket time bubble that wouldn't be possible in our universe

makes sense.

I suppose they could've always lured Thanos to the Dormammu dimension though

He did.
He was on his 14,000,000th loop by that point.

Kaecillius could break out of it and he had no stones.

Thanos is a being of time. He wouldnt notice the time loops. I dont remind if he had the stones by the moment but reality stones could also negate it.

Will it be his time to be the big bad guy?

Attached: Doctor_Doom_Stan_Lee_Interview.0[1].jpg (1200x800, 99K)

Who actually owns the movie rights to best boss? Fox? Has Disney bought them yet? I'm not really up to date on our overlord's latest shenanigans.

Better question thats already been asked: Why didn't Strange open a SlingRing portal on Thanos?

>Thanos appears on Titan
>Rewind time by ten seconds
>Place portal under where Thanos will appear
>Close it as he falls through so that it bisects him

I mean, it should work.

Attached: tumblr_mdsir6tsUJ1rwl09fo1_500[1].gif (500x376, 446K)

Why didint thor just aimed for the head? or arm

Will you people just stop? The Fantistic Four moves have made Dr. Doom into just some guy with electricity powers. Even in the comics he's really just some edgelord with no real motives.

are the f4 movies even canon in the MCU?

To be fair, they're horrible films.
I'm not big on F4 history, but the Doom war for vibranium was probably his peak, no? Even the black panther god admitted that Doom winning was probably best for the world in the long term.

which thanos can easily escape because he has the space stone so it'd be moot.

>thiff
also
time loop would've made it all start from 0 for Thanos. Thanos wouldn't even realise he was in a time loop experiencing the same things again and again.

He wanted to rub it in for vengeance purposes, go back to his promise to kill Thanos at the start of the film. He expected Thanos to be incapacitated but didn't want him dead instantly

What I meant to say was the Doom's general image in the public eye was greatly shaped by the F4 movies. His character was tainted by them. People still easily remember that Doom is a character, but they remember the bad version. It's not like Thanos, who was a compete unknown. People sort of know Doom and don't like him that much.

Also the F4 team is even more fucked in the public image department.

Why did Tony snort Wasp's ashes while Scott was trapped in the Quantum Realm?

Attached: CuckMan.jpg (1987x3056, 973K)

Ultimate Tony probably would have done it.

Yeah that's fair enough. I think the movies have more or less established Doom has having enhanced durability and lightning/telepathy powers. In his 3 movies so far he hasn't really used his brains to do anything interesting. Which is kind of meant to be his thing.

No one has wanted to touch his magic shit so far but post Dr Strange and Mysterio in the new Spiderman movie, there might be room to go with that angle again.

>Mysterio in the new Spiderman movie

Mysterio's character is a practical effects movie guy who thinks Spiderman is a fake. All of Mysterio's "powers" are practical effects things. Smoke and mirrors, etc. He's not magical in any way.

>fake
It's a work, ya simp.

Oh I'm aware that he's fake in the comics. Except for the few cases where he's coming back from the dead and seems to actually have some kind of legit illusion powers.

But in the trailers we've seen so far, it looks like he's doing shit that looks a little like Dr Strange MCU magic. They might end up changing his origins a little to actually give him a little bit of magic power on top of his fake bullshit.

I just watched the trailer for you. It's pretty likely that everything we see involving Mysterio was just a set piece that he set up to make himself look like a superhero.

>It's pretty likely that everything we see involving Mysterio was just a set piece that he set up to make himself look like a superhero
That's exactly what it is
Even my 14 year old cousin could tell it cuz of Marvel' lazy simplistic writing

It’s literally what Mysterio does. It’s not lazy and if you don’t read comics he’ll trick a bunch of people. I’m mean how many people on here even have thought he actually has powers because of the trailer.

You two are giving those shitty movies an awful lot of credit.
No one watched those movies.
No one gives a shit about the characters of those movies.
They are not Spider-Man movies.
People know Doom, but no one uses his shitty movie appearances as their point of reference.

All Disney has to do is slap the Marvel logo on a solo Doctor Doom® movie (f. the FF) and fucking roll from there.

>Doom's general image in the public eye was greatly shaped by the F4 movies.
No it really wasn't. Those movies weren't even remotely as popular as other comic movies and Doom/FF are still more well known from comics, promotional images, and video games than those flicks (even normies questioned why Galactus was a fuckin' cloud). Maybe you're a bit on the young side, but FF were HUGE in their day and left a mark on the cultural consciousness similar to how people will still recognize Billy Batson as Captain Marvel despite barely being a relative footnote for decades after his golden age.

It's clear that we're in the one timeline Doctor Strange saw victory out of the 14 million. As which he'd played everything as according to that which I guess means no time looping

>Kaecillius

Man, I completely forgot about that dude. Now I have "Canis est in via" and "Grumio est in culina" stuck in my head.

I'm not arguing that Sandman, Hydroman and whateverMan are more or less fakes that Mysterio engineered to make himself seem like a hero.
That's pretty much a given.

What I'm talking about are the seemingly magical sigil things that he creates with his hands which looks very similar to Strange and Co. when they cast their spells.

So I think without Mysterio ever seeing Dr Strange on tv or in person...he's coincidentally created illusions which look very similar to how Dr Strange uses his magic?

Been a while since I've seen the trailer so I might be talking out my ass.

In real life soldiers and cops are taught to aim for the body because the head is too small and it can move.

>but no one uses his shitty movie appearances as their point of reference.

I use them, along with a couple of memories of his cartoon version where he always refers to himself in 3rd person.

>(even normies questioned why Galactus was a fuckin' cloud)
probably because a giant man floating in space looks retarded irl no matter how you slice it

The infinity stones only work in their respective reality, they are useless in alternate universes.

why do you never ask these questions when shitt like this happens in the comics? or you mean to tell me the comics never have plot holes.

you're assuming that he gave him the actual time stone

so then how did strange use the time stone there at all?

Not necessarily a different universe just a different dimension if that makes sense

thanos already had the space and reality stone at that point.
he could break out easy

Attached: thanos vs deadpool 2.jpg (1988x3056, 1.23M)

>Why didint thor just aimed for the head?
1) Distance (he was flying overhead and it's easier to aim towards the center of the body)
and 2) An axe to the chest is still pretty deadly, the reason why Thanos endured it was because the guy is resilient as fuck, any other foe would've been unable to take it. I mean, had Thor axed him before he got the 6 Stones, I'm sure he would've killed him.

fpbp

He did. That's how the movie ended dumbass.

Except, you know, The Time Stone. Who's to say Thanos couldn't just take the stone from Strange and get himself out of the loop? You have to remember, as stated in the movie, that timeline was the only gambit they had because out of the 14 million Strange saw it was the only one where they won in the long game. Why even prolong the fight if strange is just going to hand over the stone anyway you ask? Because Strange also had to consider the events happening on Earth with Steve's team. Say Thanos showed up early, there are countless outcomes that could have happened instead of the one we got. Thor could have been late, Steve might have died, or Thanos could have used the time stone in more devastating ways than just revive Vision

Attached: BILL BILL BILL.jpg (630x354, 25K)

Why couldn't he just open a portal and close it on his arm, taking the infinity gauntlet?

The film's script kinda saved themselves by literally saying "this is the only way possible, you can't do anything different!"
It's a cop out that makes the entire fight moot but whatever.

So thanos could still use the space stone, idiot

>Who's to say Thanos couldn't just take the stone from Strange and get himself out of the loop?
It doesn't have to be this convoluted: Unlike Dormammu, Thanos understood the concept of Time, so it wasn't something alien to him which he had to grasp first. He would've noticed he was inside a loop the very first time it repeated, so he wouldn't have been tricked by it and simply disarmed the enchantment by pulling the Time Stone out of Strange.

Literally plot armor excuse.

How long was Dormammu stuck in the time loop? Im a literal brainlet when it comes to time travel and altercation and that part confused the fuck out of me.

That's the risk the MCU took when they decided to bring in Strange and introduce fucking magic.

Thor only got one shot to make it count. Were it you, would you have rather went for a guaranteed body shot, or risk a headshot and a whiff means you're fucked?

Also, no one would have expected Thanos to live with 1 HP left after somethinng as powerful as an axe that deflects a full powered IG blast.

Attached: 6ce.png (350x350, 197K)

This.

>probably because a giant man floating in space looks retarded irl no matter how you slice it
I'm sorry but after the talking raccoon was accepted it's pretty much guaranteed that normies will take whatever stupid shit you throw at them more than any "re-imagining", Celestials where already introduced and so was Ego and they're both on the same vein.

You just proved yourself wrong

>The infinity stones only work in their respective reality
This is comic book canon, and has nothing whatsoever to do with the MCU.

So, the infinity gems in the MCU work in different dimensions?

Yeah but now Marvel has the rights back and they can "do it right." Whatever Marvel Studios does with them will be the definitive versions of the characters for millions of people, regardless of what came before. No one really remembers or cares about the other films, they just remember thinking they were okay at best and didn't understand why Galactus was a cloud.

His effects are supposed to look like Strange's magic, he'll probably reference Strange or other sorcerers as his inspiration in creating the effect.

According to the director, there was a line they cut from the final film where either Strange or Dormammu mention that they've done their little dance literally thousands of times before Dormammu gives up.

From what I figure, each universe is made up of separate dimensions. The infinity stones would only work in their version of the dark dimension.

Of he wouldn’t notice the loop at all because he is a being from the universe, so rewinding time would also rewind his memories. Maybe dormammu was able to see the time loop because his intelligence either is or isn’t, and isn’t dependant on time.

It actually does, since the MCU is Earth-19999 within the Marvel Multiverse. If MCU Thanos were to cross over into 616, his Stones wouldn't work, and viceversa. The MCU operates under the premise of a single universe, because even though the idea of the Multiverse was introduced, none of them is aware of 616 (unlike 616 Strange, who's aware of 19999).

General rules still apply. Pulling the "multiverse" was a nice idea to prevent retcons from multiple writers. You can just say it's another thor and call it a day, without retconning fan favorite thor.

>tumblr
Cringe

For the same reason Thanus mostly just teleported around. Because Logic Ends Movies

Why didn't Thanos invoke literally any of his newfound infinite power and omnipotence. He should, if I remember correctly be instantly familiar with his newfound powers.