Does anybody on Yea Forumsmblr even care about comics?

Does anybody on Yea Forumsmblr even care about comics?
I just think that it is weird that nobody on this board seems to be willing to accept that years of one sided left wing propaganda being shoved into every single superhero story has seriously hurt the comic industry and that comics nowadays are pretty hostile and sexist towards white men.
I mean according to Yea Forumsmblr these sell numbers are totally fine.
Seems to me that most of you guys consider yourself left wing activists first and comic fans second.
I doubt that if comics started to put white nationalist messages in every comic you guys would be just as defensive?
So I was wondering, why does everything have to be about feminism and anti white men for you all the time?
Why does the idea of a hobby not pandering the same left wing message make you so angry?
I mean it’s clearly not working.
You are only ruining one industry after another and increase resentment against the left with those actions.

Attached: D3FAEB2B-999A-45F1-ABE9-0154DB193E1F.jpg (524x1055, 336K)

If you're so fragile that you feel offended by the meer presence of someone that isn't a white man, doesn't that say more about you?

Meh, comics have always leaned left.

its 3:30 am my guy. Are you drunk or something?

Attached: OK_thumb.jpg (600x600, 32K)

This is the sort of thread mods should delete.

'Leaning left' meant something totally different 50 years ago. If we progress much further we're gonna be progressing ourselves off a fucking cliff.

Cool, I’ll do a flip

Do I care about comics? No.

Do I find it laughable that you try to use your beef with gender politics to justify for why this fundamentally flawed medium is struggling to perform in an age where comic-themed movies are guaranteed billion dollar box-offices? No, I don't find it laughable, I find it pathetic.

Every heared of other time zones?

>If we progress much further we're gonna be progressing ourselves off a fucking cliff.

people have been screaming about the decay of society and what not since the Romans. Yet here we are.

>people have been screaming about the decay of society and what not since the Romans
You are aware that Rome fell, right? Nice self-own.

Are you a roman?

How can it fall if it still on the map you dingus?

I think they’re referring to the Roman Empire

that was because Constantine let christians take hold of the empire.

Yeah and the British Empire fell too, but the sun remains shining on the British Empire at all times. If your point is that "great nations will worry about catastrophe and then become slightly less great", then I can't say that has any impact on the fact that the overall theme that "by bemoaning the behavior of young men, old men have served no purpose other then willingly putting one foot in their grave" has existed since the dawn of time.

Dude, I’m not them

I just don't read comics that try to preach to me at the expense of plot. The problem isn't the leftist social messages it's that the books are simply bad. Comics have always been preachy but it just isn't done very well or subtly anymore in mainstream comics outside of rare exceptions. It can still be done of course (Snagglepuss was a good example of a comic about a minority subculture that didn't speak down to its audience, made me think about issues I usually don't think about all that often and still told an interesting tale.) but Marvel and to a lesser extent other companies are trying to sell easily digestible mush to 'woke' teens. Also of course people are less outraged by feminist stories than stories about characters that hate black people and foreigners. That is just common sense.

Attached: 1541528909139.png (500x438, 89K)

Sums up my feelings as well, although i guess it's worth specifying that it's about Big 2 comics and not the entire medium

Attached: 1515638586282.jpg (465x681, 45K)

Even then, these comics aren't the face of the industry. Half the woke shit that's been put out sells like shit and ultimately cancelled. The industry as a whole isn't like that.

>Yes, it's pandering to the libruls that is souring comics.
>Not the countless events, needless reboots and re-brandings, refusal to push the status quo aside from whoring out legacy characters (or derivatives of established characters), failing to properly price their wares digitally, editorial pushing shit to coincide with movie releases, and ultimately trying to peddle overall mediocre storytelling which has been scribbled by comic book fans turned writers as opposed to actual talented writers.

If the big two fired each and every comic writer whose opinions you disagreed with overnight, and replaced them with writers who's opinions you do agree with ready with issues to publish next week, the sales numbers would stay exactly the same. Because people don't give a shit about comics anymore due to a multitude of factors that transcend trivial shit like gender politics.

Just read what you enjoy, don't read what you don't enjoy, and ride the wave until the industry either collapses or adapts. Not a lot else to it.

Attached: Bueno_Excellente_002.jpg (630x636, 207K)

It's not just that, though.

>Do I care about comics? No.

Then your opinion is not currency here.

It did not fall because its society decayed, however. It fell because its enemies learned from it.

The Roman empire was practically constantly besieged. It was only a matter of time before it fell. The fact somethingv that huge held out as long as it did - more than five centuries - is a testament to its strength, not its weakness.

Attached: Amazing.jpg (1139x1064, 474K)

>Just read what you enjoy, don't read what you don't enjoy, and ride the wave until the industry either collapses or adapts. Not a lot else to it.

What? Reason? SANITY? You, sir, surely must be mad.

This. People like OP seem like bandwagoners. A lot of comics were bad in the late 00's even before the dumb poltical twitter mob war started.

>that image
You have issues. I would tell you to seek therapy but you clearly don’t leave your house much

That stuff is all bad too but that doesn't make the pandering less bad, and also some of that is connected to it (i.e. legacy characters, shitty events killing or demonizing established characters to push legacy characters, movie synergy where stuff from the movies is pushed in the comics like black Fury in 616, etc.).

Have sex

Rome became weak and decadent internally which made them easier to conquer for the barbarians at the gates. We're in the same position with radical Islam.

>if you aren't triggered 24/7 about 'muh culture war' then you don't care about comics
o k

Attached: 1531163283345.gif (500x375, 393K)

Neat, except the "radical left" you're so scared of in America is actual center-right of most of the developed world's politics. The fact you think any of this is even remotely progressive is an indicator of how far gone America is.

You type and sound exactly like the Spider-Man shitposter in the storytimes

Yeah and they're even more fucked than us. Take a look at Sweden, Germany, etc.

>legacy characters
barry allen and Hal jordan are technically legacy characters.

>shitty events killing or demonizing established characters to push legacy characters
death of superman gave us 4 different supermen.

>movie synergy where stuff from the movies is pushed in the comics
Superman flying came from the fleshier cartoons.

All of these things existed prior to the culture war thats been creeping its way into the industry. And all of the things are just tools to push sales, nothing more and nothing less.

But most modern comics promote the culture war so if you are enjoying most of them it shows you are not neutral, but just on the same side as the publishers.

Or like, I just don't get triggered seeing other peoples point of view even if I don't agree? I know that's a hard concept for some but it does happen

>death of superman gave us 4 different supermen
That was shit too and no one liked it at the time. But it least it didn't shit on the original character, if anything it made him out to be a saint or a god.

>But most modern comics promote the culture war
And Ike perlmutter donated a couple million to trump whats your point.

you only say that because you agree with the liberal messages

>shitty events killing or demonizing established characters to push legacy characters
This is where a lot of the real problem lies for me.
I loved the transition for legacy characters like Jaime Reyas or Kyle Reyner because they weren't built up as the new better version of the character they took over and instead were trying to fill the shoes of the person that came before them. We don't do that anymore.

You might have a point if there was some variety in the viewpoints expressed.

I'm glad that you can read my mind and know everything about me.

but it´s always the same strawman point of view and its always bigoted.
if marvel talked about women like they talk about white men they would be forced to apologize every single week