Now that the dust has settled, was it kino?

now that the dust has settled, was it kino?

Attached: 1001BE29-BFDF-4109-93FF-F1617F97065F.jpg (1920x1080, 1001K)

Literally the best part was Elastigirl. After going back and watching the first one, I can say this one was good, not great. Brad Bird is capable of more, or maybe I was expecting more, I dunno, but there was a few notches missed that could have made this really fucking great in my eyes.

all Pixar movies are kino

Like Kingdom Hearts 3, this movie came out too late and was overall just a wet fart experience. Years of expectation and anticipation built up to nothing.

Attached: aqhzpy8t2.png (401x450, 147K)

Sigh. The Incredibles is my favorite film. I've enjoyed most of the films Brad Bird has made.

But Incredibles 2 was just... not impressive. It wasn't a bad movie, but it didn't push the envelope in any way and ultimately left very little impression. I was sincerely very disappointed with it. Still hurts.

Attached: sad dr cox.png (226x263, 72K)

>kino
How to claim that when Cars series, Good dinosaur and Brave exist.

No. It's a very average movie.

It was decent. Definitely better than most of Pixar's stuff, and certainly better than anything they've produced after it, though that's not saying much.

Was Brave that bad? I never saw it so I'm legitimately curious.

EDNA STOP STANDING AROUND GET OUT OF THE WAY YOURE GONNA DIE

Attached: bass.jpg (960x942, 150K)

No.
The "muh hero phones+murder burglars" villain origin story is really retarded and unnecessary. Jack Jack's super-powered baby humor overstays its welcome. Also felt like a lot of the other family members, especially Dash, kinda got shafted or had meh scenes.

But the biggest flaw of all is the main protagonist focus. Compare Bob and Helen's arcs in their respective movies:
>Bob is holding down a job that is fucking crushing his soul, finally he blows his temper which only worsens his depression as he has failed his family
>his obsession with the glory days is conveyed as well-meaning but ultimately unhealthy and selfish, ending in confrontations with the cops and more lying to his wife
>finally, his hero for hire shit ends up improving Syndrome's killer robot and sets him up for a death trap
>arc is Bob's redemption, he's no longer a purposeless fat ass but also values his family above all else, he's not trying to live a double life or in the past

>Helen is handed a job before Bob and Lucius because she is hyper-competent and popular
>she is a completely flawless character, even the naivety of trusting such a sweet deal is offset by Bob aggressively pushing her to take the job
>falls into the villain's trap because her detective work let her put two and two together
>Helen doesn't really grow as a person, learn shit, develop, etc. over the course of the movie. She basically exists to get her elastic clit sucked by all the other characters.

Attached: e45.png (680x499, 1.4M)

It was shit like all Pixar sequels.

first Truly disappointing Pixar movie.

We also don't learn anything new about Helen other than she used to drive a motorcycle and that an offhand comment about sporting a mohawk at one point

>even Syndrome hates Incredibles 2

Brave is too confusing or misleading to be a good movie.

Excuse me?

Attached: p24266_v_v8_af.jpg (960x1440, 267K)

>IM-FUCKING-PLYING

Attached: cars_two_ver3.jpg (509x755, 92K)

Not true

Attached: toystory3.png (350x517, 363K)

I was just there for Elastigirl butt

based and redpilled

I came for the butt and stayed for the buff.

Attached: incredibles 2 dash flex.webm (1920x800, 1.54M)

This was bad AND disappointing. No one wanted the other sequels, so they were just bad. But Incredibles had a promise that it failed to live up to and thus, we were betrayed.

The first and last time nostalgia pandering worked. The central theme of the Toy Story movies is aging and mortality, so it's a perfect reason to make a sequel 10 years on.

The Incredibles was as good as it could possibly be. The "sequel" was a disastrous cash grab that doesn't deserve to exist.

Helen's ass is kino. The movie itself was quite mediocre.

Attached: 34ff2432b7f9d8bd051028a19dcd2a42.jpg (1000x1542, 355K)

Brave has bears in it, that makes it good

Attached: giphy (4).gif (500x209, 417K)

Brave was their biggest disappointment imo. I had highbexpdctstions it boiled down to "girl doesnt want to be bethrothed." And then her mom becomes a bear and she has to save her mom from being perma-bear.

Not in the slightest. Incredibles 1 was a fantastic movie, Incredibles 2 is a tolerable children's movie.

It suffers by reverting characters back to where they were at the beginning of the previous movie so they can learn the same lessons, made all the more jarring because it starts literally where the previous movie left off. What is done well isn't very original, and what is original isn't done well.

And hell, I'll go for the low hanging fruit; how many damn times do we need to re-discover Jack-Jack has powers? To hell with that entire waste of time.

Wtf does kino even mean?

meme word for good movie