Do you like or dislike it when a not so popular character that you love becomes insanely popular?

Do you like or dislike it when a not so popular character that you love becomes insanely popular?

Attached: 897345.png (923x1309, 815K)

I don't necessarily get mad if something I liked gets popular, just when people suddenly pretend to be big fans and experts of extremely niche characters/series that even most geeks were either unaware of or actively disliked.

For example, I don't care if someone gets into Vulture post-Homecoming and declares him their fave Spidey villain, but only if they go out of their way to be an ass about it. Case in point; all the fucktards on IMDb (who thought the Fantastic Four were created in the 80s and were never, ever popular, or who think Tim Burton invented the idea of Bruce Wayne's parents being shot) suddenly acting like they were lifelong fans of Guardians of the Galaxy or Ant-Man overnight and saying stupid shit like that their parents were big Groot fans back in the 60s (Not impossible, but given that he was a one-shot horror anthology monster who pre-dated the FF, very unlikely).

I'll never forget this one BLM asshole who said Everett K. Ross was invented for the MCU, and when I pointed out that he was the narrator of Priest's run and quite literally appears on the first page of the first issue, he responded by saying I obviously never read Priest's run.

Attached: 1530658592433.jpg (600x308, 36K)

beump

thisssss
can we get the likes button back?

I fucking hate when I'm browsing instag or face or some normie plataform in between the time the movie-about-the-subject-matter is about to drop.

cuz GOD DAMN!!

it gets bombarded by drawings, sculptures, cosplays etc.."wozers guys, we're such nerds"
but 2 months after the movie is released it becomes old news and it's completely forgotten

could you imagine what will happen when the normies get to know about warhammer or sandman? it looses a bit of the prestige imho

it's literally the nerd crew from RLM!

It only bothers me when it's a far different approach to the character than the version I enjoy, then I'm stuck with that weird, twisted version I'm not comfortable with.

Its annoying when an obscure characters gets changed made and people act as though they were fans of them all along...like Mar-vell

Dislike. The more popular something gets the worse it becomes. I can't think of any situation where the reverse has happened. It's happened to Yea Forums and the internet as well.

I just don’t care.

Attached: DE8F81EB-BBE8-404E-9BCB-6F29E5D5206A.png (940x1084, 394K)

I get annoyed when say, youtube videos try to explain stuff but get facts wrong. There are a bunch of people out there who think Cassie Lang's superhero persona is "Ant-Girl"

I like it when more people like shit that I like because it means people are going to make more shit I like

i hated it when spider-verse came out and faggots started making their own "spider-sonas" like it's sonic the fucking hedgehog, if thats what you mean

Not really, usually gives me the chance to talk to my normie friends about comics for a bit

I don’t care. Why should I care? Such fickle people, so concerned about the state of others

I only hate it when they become popular for the wrong reasons as a result the character gets Flanderized/watered down

oh, fuck you.
that's like saying "why are you mad the soda spilled? can't you just get another one?"
I suppose.
you don't need to be a douche about it.

Attached: 94c.jpg.png (1200x1314, 46K)

I actually kinda hope Warhammer becomes popular just so I can see /tg/ actively force themselves to hate it like they did DND

I haven't seen that at all

Warhammer and Dwarf Fortress are for autists among autists, I don't really see LOL SO NERDY XD idiots on YouTube and Twitter getting behind them.

The official Spider-Verse twitter retweeted a few a while back and some were barely tolerable. Then I saw them post some gender-fluidity bullshit that was literally called "Spider-Them".

That doesn't even fucking make grammatical sense. They really are brain damaged. I appreciate SV's handling of diversity (writing first, colour/genitals second) but fucking despise the brainlets it attracts.

shut up nerd

This desu. You deserve those numbers.

It's been 10 years since arkham asylum came out and I'm still mad

Attached: harley_quinn_bruce_timm_01.jpg (960x540, 56K)

Only if the popular version isn't like the one I like and then alters the character I do like.
However my favorite characters were already turned to shit without synergy not getting involved at all.

When was Spider-Man not insanely popular?

Was it Arkham or New 52 that began the downward spiral?

OP is referring to Mysterio.

Yes.

I like it because it usually means we get reprints. I don't talk to other people so I don't have to deal with the dabblers that get brought in too often

It really depends, I both like it and I dislike it. Like it because I get to see more content with my favorite character, stories, discussion, merch, etc...

I dislike it because the quality of the stories mostly goes downhill (see Harley forcibly being shoved into Suicide Squad or GotG which Bendis only took over because they were going to make a movie out of it) or in the popular media takes over the less popular one. In the case of Marvel the MCU overtook everything to the point that comics, cartoons, games, etc... tries to be more like the MCU and in the case of this board anons start threads that are obviously discussing the comic characters (they post a comic image and refer to a storyline or event in the comics) and you have other anons stirring the conversation into MCU territory.

Kind of. In some cases it only serves to make me hate the new fanbase like when JJBA blew up into a memestorm of fake fans or how MCU fans act like comic experts then get mad if you actually try to talk to them about comics.

Attached: 3ac.jpg (500x707, 288K)