The people who whine about Steven Universe being badly plotted and humanizing and redeeming its antagonists probably...

The people who whine about Steven Universe being badly plotted and humanizing and redeeming its antagonists probably also think Princess Mononoke is a coherent film with a beautiful ending.

Attached: Steven_Shield_WD.png (350x350, 62K)

the antagomnist of princess mononoke wasn't a tyrant dictator who ran a multi-planetary empire and severely punished any deviation from the norm in her society

>badly plotted
that's a new one

So many faggots making SU defence threads, if it was a good show you wouldn't have to do that.

Attached: 345.gif (500x288, 1.88M)

What’s wrong with redeeming antagonists anyway, people always say that it’s bad for kids

>the popular opinion here is hate SU
>that means it's true, because it's a popular opinion

Lol

Did you just shit on Princess Mononoke?

Rebecca's always said it's wish fulfillment for terrible people to see the errors of their ways and become good. Fantasy can take many forms.

It's definitely a very flawed show, show, but people are fucking SEETHING over it.

I feel like there's something more to the hate than just the show being really shoddy in a lot of places.

It's like how people shit on sonic because of Game Grumps. It's not genuine hatred, it's meme hatred so you can feel like you're part of the "in" crowd

how do you tell those who are memeseething over it and those who are genuinely seething over it apart anyway

It’s less to due with the show’s mediocrity and overtly wasted potential but how it’s perceived popularity and impact on the western animation industry has been for the worst.

I feel the hate for the show tends to get overblown, but I can't help but admit the townie episodes fucking suck. It'd be different if the townsfolk were more interesting, but they're not IMO.

Wasted potential in what way though? The show's about Steven growing up and that part I'd say it's done pretty well. Stuff like characters being underutilized in certain parts of the narrative etc? I can see that at least. A lot of the "wasted potential" is most likely more compromises because of the 11 minute runtime more than anything else though. It's like how people will say certain characters are being OOC because they don't react one way even if the scene didn't call for it.

It's very subtle, but a lot of it has to do with the language used and the types of things criticized

If it's genuine hate, people are going to talk about the aspects of the work that most people would really notice and care about; things like plotholes, asspulls, and weak payoffs. They are specific in their complaints, but they rarely drift into the realm of nitpicking

If it's meme hate, it's a lot more broad. Criticisms are vague, with a lot of them boiling down to "it's bad because it's bad". The only cases of any specificity come from individual clips that people put up on youtube, and a lot of the criticisms are nitpicks of things in that paticular clip applied to the work as a whole, usually unfairly

There's also a difference in the way they describe the issues. If someone honest to god hates a work, they're going to use words like "bad" "stupid" and "sucks". If it's meme hate, people are going to use words like "abomination" "horrid" and "vile". The meme haters will exaggerate the hate a lot in order to really sell home how much of a ___hater they are to the rest of the tribe

Basically, you can tell the former's actually watched/played/read the work they're criticizing enough to come to the conclusion that they don't like it themselves, while the latter only watches youtubers talk about it and read social media posts and wants to be a part of the discussion

Here's an example; going back to sonic, if someone genuinely hated the games, they'd point to the level design or controls. If they meme hated it, they'd point out clips of glitches that the youtubers went out of their way to perform and act like the whole game was like that

Attached: 1551061148591.jpg (720x540, 114K)

Why shit on Mononoke to make your point?

To be edgy
To be a contrarian
To get people on this thread
A lot of stupid reasons really, none of which promote actual discussion on the show itself

people who spam steven universe shill threads are probably retarded tumblr migrants that can't accept the reality of their gay propaganda cartoon being a complete pile of shit with terrible writing and animation

Well, because those movies make fuck all sense, they may look impressive on a technical level, but they just seen as random salvia trips to me.

Reminder SU DESERVE all the hate it gets.
reminder if you keep watching this abortion after S2 you are progay/homosexual/tranny no inbetweens

This post was made by someone taht liked the show until S2 ended

I sense tension in your soul

i like su for its concept of non conventional orga life forms- they be like the hologram types in red dwarf/startreck with some immortallity clause and if you could wish to be once i would be a pearl cause i'm matrialistic and have too much shit- in my pearl it would go. i would not have to sleep so 5am on 4 chan would be like meh! GREG IS THE BEST CHARACTER BY FAR FOR HIS LIVE LIFE (i did not even touch my caps button) policy and you can't go wrong with a van- plus he's straight! the lez is mostly fine as immortals have no obligation to organically reproduce. humans are humans and most have kids. monnoke is a lesson in how cucked the human race is when a dweeb tries to make us all get along when two parties insist on taking land, resorces for expantion to the disavantagement of the other. we will only get along untill we realise we are loosing out to the other and then have no option but to kill them so screw the left! if only i could be a pearl...

>shitting on Princess Mononoke

Attached: 1554489590082.jpg (285x248, 36K)

It's wish fulfillment for delusional people to see terrible people to see the errors of their ways and become good. In reality terrible people don't see their ways as wrong and don't want to change them.

Its annoying fandom contributed a lot of hates literally.

>liking pop team epic
It's the most obnoxious le ironic millenial humor out there, and the only reason people are willing to accept it is because it came from japan

YOUR MOTHERFUCKING LIFE ENDS IN 30 MINUTES

Attached: images (10).jpg (320x180, 9K)

You're lucky I don't save brainlet wojacks, but consider yourself a retard non the less.

Attached: 1408468454253.jpg (400x462, 26K)

Dont worry, user, i have a better image

Attached: Retard_Registry.png (400x551, 127K)

>poptepipic Yea Forums staple for years, even before it was a thing bkub was popular, honk meme, etc
>gets an anime
>OBNOXIOUS LE IRONIC MILLENIAL HUMOR, BACK T' REDDIT WIT YOU WHERE YOU BELONG

>finale of Steven Universe is changed to a half-hour special about Dominator coming to Beach City and pretending to go along with the friendship conversion routine before throwing it back in Steven's face
>last scene is Beach City and everyone in it getting razed from her POV to the tune of an upbeat song

Would Yea Forums have liked it better?

Attached: 46bcaadde3a9b9b938b20c507e5bcb6de438c13c12c11d5047d7fa8f786145bb.png (350x240, 88K)

Was always rick and morty tier humor. I got surprised this garbage even got an anime.

Theres a right way and a wrong way to redeem villains. SU doesn't do it very well. Particularly if you want to redeem a villain, the means they get redeemed should be on par with how villainous they were. More of a badly, more the struggle for redemption should be. All su does is talk to them and they do a 180.

I just want Steven to face a villain who he can't redeem with a peppy song or talk.

Why?

Redeeming antagonist can be great if it is handled well. In the case of SU it is usually not handled well at all especially since it got to the point where they only change because Steven used to be PD. There is no genuine change of heart of noble actions to show how different they are they just do what his says and go home. There is also the issue that some people really shouldnt get off with an I am sorry. The Diamonds did some straight up monstrous shit and they really haven't been punished in any way.
A good redemption needs the character to face a humbling experiance, come to their enemies side through their own free will and have a hard time with the decision. Peridot was actually a great example of a redemption done right.
What was wrong with S2?

Attached: 21abbf7c-4f9c-46d2-971c-94da44645a8b.gif (570x322, 570K)

>rick and morty tier
Got any more buzzwords? Also while you are at it what sort of series do you find funny?

Attached: 1516572660494.png (420x282, 111K)

Punishment is not necessary for forgiveness

Honestly, I dont even think the Diamonds are really "redeemed."
Sure, they have no problems with Steven now or Earth, and even helped him out curing the corruption, but their empire isn't just going to change to loving fusions and defectives overnight. They are still a race that reproduces by colonizing worlds and draining them of resources, they won't just stop doing that.

For small things sure but for planetary genocide it sure as hell is.

Attached: Laughing Sari Sumdac.png (254x254, 32K)

Eh, depends on your perspective, you kill a colony of rats, the rats would view it as mass murder. Gemkind isn’t like us

>reddit spacing
>defending Sonic the Autism Rodent
>defending Cancelled Universe
>whole argument and thread is a strawman
Ah okay its just an underage troll. Move along. it goes in all fields.

Attached: Vicky bondage.jpg (720x544, 55K)

That would imply that Gems are directly superior to us to the point where we're the Gem equivalent of rats. The problem there is that the Gem race is a fucking joke that can't do anything right, their monarchy is run by neurotic dumbfucks and they still operate on an archaic caste system and use primitive weapons. A dude with a fucking AR has a moderately good chance of taking out even a combat Gem, let alone anything relating to the US army.

Attached: 1542600473179.jpg (480x792, 27K)

Let’s see.
>Lifespan far beyond outs
>capable of FTL travel and zero point energy weapons.
>Non CombatGems themselves such as Lapis can easily manipulate the ocean
>Freakin spaceships with lasers
>Have an Empire consisting of multiple planets
I’m gonna go with. Yeah, kinda superior

Rats can't build tools and speak my language.
We saw Peri using ranged weapons a few times and Aquamarine's wand was pretty damn dangerous. Their ships also seem like they have the potential to pack a punch.
I think that they could wipe out the army easily but Becky is just too hesitant to really showcase their destructive power for us to compare.

Attached: 1507662853124.png (800x1060, 263K)

Also a single Lapis could flood the entire planet with the flick of a wrist. I forgot about how bullshit Lapis is.

Attached: 1553174927767.png (1177x1312, 629K)

It's not badly plotted, it's badly-paced. Sugar had the entire relevant plot set out from the beginning, then halfway through realized "oh, shit, if I just do my plot it'll be over in 2 seasons" and said "I'll just expand upon the plot and make the ending I have planned out more rewarding with all the new stuff I added" before realizing "oh, damn, everything I added just distracted and confused my central plot and I'm too dedicated to it to let the plot develop anywhere else organically, so I have to snap it back to where I wanted to go originally" and then did that last part in 6 episodes after 50 episodes of filler.

So basically it got the MSPA treatment (minus the "from the beginning" part, but you get the idea).

>elongated lifespan that doesn't matter because they're literally 99% molded to perform a function and lack nearly any sort of creative freedom or sense of individuality and also don't appreciate life on a near-absolute scale
>spew garbage propaganda to its inhabitants a la North Korea so that the people can stay brainwashed and not catch on to how sad and incompetent they are
>FTL doesn't fucking exist, it's not possible
>Lapis is unique in that she's a terraformer gem, most of them are not even a fraction as powerful, her complete OP bullshit still wouldn't work because we have technology specifically designed to search and destroy shit both in the sea and in the sky before it ever becomes a threat
>Gay, impractical spaceships modeled after fucking body parts instead of anything even remotely practical
>leeches off planets and slaughters other species indiscriminately to expand their faggy, directionless, sad empire run by a group of pathetic, overly emotional, stupid, bigoted, vitriolic and neurotic aspies

The Gems are a sad fucking race if I've ever seen one, for all the retarded shit we do we'll never be half as ass-backwards as they are. The only thing they have on us are superior bodies and advanced tech and their culture is a goddamn travesty.

Attached: 1548812462661.jpg (400x394, 44K)

>FTL doesn’t exist
>There is literally an episode where that happens
>Gems also don’t exist

The Gem Empire may be incompent and backwards, but what does that say about other life forms in the universe, since it’s implied the Gems have easily conquered how much of space with little to no resistance.

That they have not encountered any life forms of consequence? In the six thousand years from the time they were trying to combat humans and off-color gems with sticks and I guess probably, at best, make-shift weapons from Bismuth, the only thing they had accomplished was going into a major resource crisis. I think it's safe to say they were less intergalactic species conqueror and more "universe mining colony with no imagination."

>A group of immortals with faster than light space ships, energy weapons, future vision, control over the elements and effective immortality
>We have guns though we would be fine

Attached: 1413758266197.png (576x519, 488K)

Contrarians never "like" anything

based and redphiled

It also shows how weak the villains are if talking is enough for them to do 180. Like White Diamond should have gotten a season arc to just convince what her what shes doing is wrong. But no it took less 1 episode for her to turn to new leaf.

A lot can happen in one episode

>A lot can happen in one episode.
What a stupid fucking response. Just shut the fuck up and go fuck yourself fucktard.

Attached: 1553469934105.jpg (326x294, 12K)

Who pissed in your cornflakes?

nothing wrong with humanizing antagonist and giving them arcs redemption, this is an excellent idea that makes the conflict seem more realistic ... the SU problem does not do this, it says it will do but the reality is that the characters have a " good or bad, "it makes everything meaningless

you should be crucified for naming steven universe in the same paragraph as anything made by Ghibli

Imagine being this fucking dense

>The people who whine about Steven Universe being badly plotted and humanizing and redeeming its antagonists

So are you a big fan of humanizing and redeeming Hitler?

>nothing wrong with humanizing antagonist and giving them arcs redemption

There's a lot wrong with that.

>this is an excellent idea that makes the conflict seem more realistic

The fact that you think it's "realistic" for evil selfish people who casually and unfeelingly use others as slaves and objects to suddenly become totally cool people just like everyone else is WHY there's a lot wrong with it. That's not how the world works. Fiction should not be presenting the world that way to children.

Whaaaaaaat
You mean to tel me, Gems aren’t on Earth? I had no idea, who could have guessed.