ITT: Minor character deaths that hit hard

Usually, minor characters are killed as an afterthought, but sometimes a writer actually puts effort into making their death stand out. And since they're minor characters, it's possible that they will in fact never come back.

Attached: Gibbon death.jpg (1987x3056, 1.54M)

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Hellions_(Earth-616)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

that time Batman died

The death of the Hellions back in the day was pretty sad. And they still haven't come back aside from Necrosha.

Hopeless should be raped to death with a cactus for this.

Attached: mettle-comics-a9173254-a1a3-47e6-bf0a-b64059191ab-resize-750.jpg (750x674, 98K)

Tarot is technically alive because she was used in some random Spider-Man/Deadpool issue, but yeah.

Hellion is a minor character now? And how long has he been dead? I thought I saw him in something semi recently

marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Hellions_(Earth-616)

Everybody focuses on this death, but killing off Juston was also pretty damn petty. Why take a character from a fun all-ages story about a kid and his robot and then brutally murder him like that?

Yea Forums got mad about Mettle because he was a meme. No one actually cares about him.

Well I don't want to call Bizarro a "minor character", but this hit me. And yes I know he was revived but still

Attached: Pup Pup.jpg (994x1528, 224K)

I read this as a kid after my first dog recently passed at the time. He was a good boy : (

Attached: 22311131-2B4A-416A-90CE-6DA7C8BD713D.jpg (500x744, 99K)

I'm STILL angry at Bendis for killing off Ares in Siege. Marvel Ares was fucking awesome.

Attached: harry.jpg (230x358, 30K)

>another thread where Yea Forums fakes having emotions other than boiling hatred
The hypocrisy in this hellmouth of a website never ceases to amaze me...

Attached: Kid who collects Spider-Man end.jpg (529x771, 151K)

Unlike OP’s question everyone who knows you will be happy when you’re dead. There, that sound like Yea Forums enough for ya?

I mean, this character was made up for this story...

I care deeply.

Attached: ....png (1600x1152, 1.38M)

This one in Sandman. Also Cain and Fiddler's Green, later in the same arc

Attached: Sandman_64_p19s.jpg (444x695, 77K)

If Mettle was put into a team nowadays everyone would bitch because he's a black Hawaiian Jew. Don't try and pretend otherwise.

Still fucking hurts.

Attached: hitman.jpg (600x926, 144K)

No, not Yea Forums enough. You haven't told me to go kms or called me a nigger, tranny, kike, spic, or anything else you want to murder.

Kyle from Iron Fist

I was rooting for Harold Meechum up until that point.

Spider-man had alot of deaths like this George and Gwen Stacy, jean dewolfe, Mays first death, harry dude has been through a lot

>that Slott issue where he sees literally every person that has died on him and they're enough to fill an avenue

I think they came back during the shitty DnA run after Wells finished his

Yea Forums likes him because he doesn't look like he's black or jewish

>Yea Forums likes him because he looks like a buff and goofy Red Skull so they memed him to prominence
Fixed

Attached: Thor - Skurge Last Stand 05.jpg (906x1350, 316K)

That issue was Slott's best work.

which issue? The only thing that comes to mind is him going through clone conspiracy and seeing everyone die again

A Marcos Martin one, it's the one where he vows that no one will die again on his watch. It's from before Ends of the Earth and I distinctly remember that because right after making that vow, Silver Sable "dies" on his watch.

Caliban during Messiah Complex. He came back in Necrosha but I woulda thought he'd be fully revived by now.

Attached: 8C1DE069-0D55-4B47-B080-E0B4CA581ED7.jpg (950x1412, 332K)

>literally the two MCs
>minor

This is so true, but we're still angry that Marvel took him away from us.

The word you're looking for isn't "petty", it's "evil". These people are sick.

>killing off a fictional character is evil
Settle down, Linkara.

You can't kill Marvel gods just by ripping them in two. That's like breaking a leg: they'll be in 'hospital' for a while, but they always come back.

It's only logical. Marvel's gods were born from the ideals, dreams and aspirations of sapient beings germinating the innate divine life force of Earth. The gods are not just natural beings, they are literally living ideas.

And ideas are bulletproof.

Also, didn't Ares return recently?

user... firstly, we are not one giant amoeba, we are a whole bunch of different people. Some of us are total assholes, some of us are real sweethearts, most of us are somewhere between.
Secondly, even assholes can feel love.

Oh, evil comes in all sizes, user. It's not just dragging little girls into a van, and then raping them for a few days in a cabin in the woods before strangling them and feeding their little bodies to your dogs, and perhaps sending the bow they wore in their hair to their parents with a little note about how delicious she was; evil can also be something as minor as deliberately closing elevator doors when you see someone hurrying towards it, or leaving your table a mess just to fuck with some waitress who did nothing to you.

In a world like this, on a board such as this, I am glad goofy idealists like Linkara exist.

Nah. Killing juston and by extension sentinel was pure evil.

They were basically iron giant and hogarth

>everyone
I know it's hard to believe with how much they bitch but outragefags are not the only ones that post here.
I

Attached: 24.png (202x537, 78K)

That vow was so stupid and i hated how recurring slott made it, it's not like peter hadn't made that resolution before, i think he even said it during maximum carnage

Wow. That's the faggiest screed I've ever read. They're not fucking real, you autist. They're fictional. Made-up. Imaginary.
Hopeless is a hack but I wouldn't call him "evil" because he killed some fucking fictional kid, what the fuck?

That was well-spotted, user! I am in fact autistic, so my perspective probably is different from yours.

I stand by my point, however. Evil is about intent. Fictional? So what? Do you know emotional pain is processed in the same part of the brain as physical pain?
So if a character you are emotionally invested in is killed in a very random, dismissive way in service to a very feeble, dare I say pointless story, that hurts; and the author knew this. It's not a big evil, no, but your comment is still thoughtless and shallow.

Don't worry, is autistic too

The fuck is this? Looks metal as hell.

#655 iirc, Marla Jameson's funeral.

>literally triggered
lmao

>emotional pain
You're expecting too much from entities that wish to murder everyone that isn't a white heterosexual conservative man.

I can't believe that things are that hopeless, user.

Nobody wants to murder them. Nobody even wants to murder you, despite your being the second-worst person on Yea Forums. They just want you to go back to Tumblr where you belong.

t. murderers in denial
>second-worst person on Yea Forums
And who, pray tell, could the first-worst be?

Death, a necessary end, will come when it will come. Will he ever return and practice Shakespeare with Cass again?

Attached: detective-comics-clayface-death-1-1084261.jpg (654x1012, 253K)

The epilogue issue revealed he faked his death and left Gotham along with the monster-obsessed doctor.

Stand Still Stay Silent. Nordic zombie apocalypse.

yeah gibbon was one of my fave marvel characters

Wait, shit, I meant Abel

I'd rather have this than another "I WANNA FUCK THIS CHARACTER!!!11!!" thread, because that shit is getting mighty tiresome.

I know, I figured he didn't reveal himself because wants to get away from Batman and Bruce wouldn't let Basil roam free when he's not on his team, and he really wanted to get out. Maybe a hidden message/letter to Cass or a puddle of clay on a table where she lives would be a nice callback to that arc. Then again, she might not notice it because she's a slob and she can't read in this continuity or the previous one.

Attached: 1535461762464.jpg (1988x3056, 1.12M)

Too bad the next writer that uses Clayface is gonna ignore the run and turn Basil evil again with no explanation.

>Oh, evil comes in all sizes, user. It's not just dragging little girls into a van, and then raping them for a few days in a cabin in the woods before strangling them and feeding their little bodies to your dogs, and perhaps sending the bow they wore in their hair to their parents with a little note about how delicious she was; evil can also be something as minor as deliberately closing elevator doors when you see someone hurrying towards it, or leaving your table a mess just to fuck with some waitress who did nothing to you.
>In a world like this, on a board such as this, I am glad goofy idealists like Linkara exist.
Reading this made me feel weird, it set me on edge, unlike the demise of a fake person who will most likely return in a future storyline.

Attached: 5BF55033-943D-49CB-958E-6CBF8EA265DA.jpg (502x944, 129K)

Boco.

why did he buckle up?